• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playsation Meeting- Feb.20th

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Hmmmmm something tells me the controller is near final. We're not getting the console itself it seems, just promises games and what not. Guess E3 will have surprises besides the obvious date and price.

Infamous showing up also helps, Sony has some awesome exclusives.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Witness seems pretty cool, for a puzzle game. Like the artstyle, and if those puzzles turn out to be hard, even better.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Ah, the Braid creator. Taking a stab at "all Japanese games" without saying "Japanese games". I'd probably like the guy if he weren't so narcissistic and didn't take stabs at what you quickly understand that he hasn't played much of.
What? The only indie game dev I know that has openly criticized Japanese games is that idiot Phil Fish. And screw him. Fez was just a ripoff of Super Paper Mario, some flash games, and Cave Story, he's really got no room to be calling other peoples' works stale.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
What? The only indie game dev I know that has openly criticized Japanese games is that idiot Phil Fish. And screw him. Fez was just a ripoff of Super Paper Mario, some flash games, and Cave Story, he's really got no room to be calling other peoples' works stale.
Agreed, but the Braid creator said something about them as well. It wasn't meant as an insult, though, what he said; rather, he was often talking about how long Japanese games often are and how they "don't respect the player's time", what with their save spots and length, saying that Braid did what they didn't in that respect (which, really was a given, given that it is a modern platformer). The problem with this statement is that in past years (I'd say the last decade, maybe the last two) Japanese games have been a lot shorter and focused and have given the player a lot more leniency in how long they want the game to be.

I don't have the statement on hand, but it should be relatively easy to find. It was in the E3 issue of GI, though he said it a while before that.

Also, this Media Molecule game seems interesting, I'm interested to see what people do with it.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
OMG I'm getting repressed memories of Nintendo E3 2008 from this move musical bull. Its all coming back, the pain oh the horrible pain!

OH BOY ITS ONO! Bring on SF5, pretty pretty please!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I'm dying here. Capcom support? Sure, here's a game reel of all the franchises we dumped, mutilated, or lost to Nintendo!

But I gotta say Phanta Rei sounds interesting.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
This game looks like the spiritual successor to Dragon's Dogma, with Dark/Demon Souls mixed in.

Or, maybe vice versa.

VERSUS XIII? LIGHTNING RETURNS? LIGHTNING RETURNS VS XIII? Oh, no, it's that E3 game. It starts with an A...

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Whatever it is, I likey. Looks to be real time? I doubt it would be that good, but if it is...
Lets go square Enix, god knows they could deliver a bomb. Oh, just Luminous Engine.
Edit:Hello Hasimoto good to see you on stage. This is getting interesting...not. Hello, goodbye. Damn. Please show one more new game Sony, please...

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Nope, Ubisoft next. Assassin's Creed or Watch_Dogs I bet.
Yep, Watch_Dogs. Love the concept, so this is going to be fun.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Guys, it seems that the PS4 will be sold around 400$-500$. But 5 games were already shown.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Watch_Dogs looks awesome, love the info on every NPC under the sun. If its all random and just some with scripted events I'm in. Thankfully its coming out for every console too, so its a nice game to see in general cause of the new footage.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Blizzard? Hm...don't know what to expect from them. Especially for a-

Wait...Wait...Ah, Diablo 3. That game seems like it'd work well on consoles. I'm a little surprised that they picked Sony specifically. I would have pegged this for at least the Wii U as well, it seems like it would work well on the Gamepad. Ah, well.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
If they porting Diablo 3 I'm gonna laugh, if they're putting Titan on it I'm gonna be droppin bricks. Ah Diablo 3 it is. Don't care, game has too many issues as is.

Back