• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shazam! True Believers, Assemble! - A Marvel/DC Fan Club

pkmin3033

Dku6ZGU.png

Welcome! DC and Marvel have come quite a long way since their inception, way back before most of us (if not all of us!) were born. Now we have live-action TV shows, cartoons, a huge ongoing cinematic universe, and various continuity reboots going on in the comics, so there has never been a better or easier time to get involved!

Regardless of whether you've been keeping up with the comics for decades, or just seen one of the new movies and thought it was fairly good (or not) this is a place for you to discuss all things related to Marvel and DC.

...yes, I realize that the title is a bit weird, but there had to be a DC reference in there somewhere otherwise it'd look like solely a Marvel fan club. xD

Rules

☆ When posting here, try to stick to the current topic. If you want to start a new topic you're free to do so, but please make sure that at least three people have answered the current one or the thread has been dead for at least a week before you do.
☆ Please put all story-related content less than a week old - be that for comic books or movies - in spoiler tags.
☆ Please try to remember that this isn't a discussion thread about which of the two companies is better.
☆ Respect other's opinions; don't bash or flame, etc. Common courtesy!
☆ When joining, you may claim one character from either DC or Marvel (not one of each) for the fun of it. Only one person may claim a character. Alternate universe (Earth-2, Age of Apocalypse, etc) characters with the same name count as that character.
☆ All other PokeCommunity rules apply.​

Group Members

☆ Zeria [Thanos]
☆ Alfieri [(Red) Robin (Tim Drake)]
☆ Peitharchia [Captain America]
☆ BlackMagicMaster [Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)]
☆ Judge Mandolore Shepard [Deadpool]
☆ epicassassin1811 [Iron Man]

To join, simply fill out of the following form:

Username:
Character Claim:
What Marvel/DC media are you currently into?: (do you only read the comics, watch the movies/tv shows, or dabble in a bit of everything? Only DC, or only Marvel?)
Answer a topic:

Topics

Which upcoming Marvel/DC movie are you most looking forward to, and why?
Who is your favourite Marvel/DC hero/villain?
What are your thoughts on the currently airing Marvel/DC spinoff TV series?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Username: Alfieri
Character Claim: Robin (Tim Drake)
What Marvel/DC media are you currently into?: I love the movies, cartoons and video games. I watched Batman The Animated Series and Justice League Unlimited. I watched a lot of Marvel movies such as both Spider-Man and the reboot, Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America, etc. I also played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 as well as Injustice. I don't read the comic books but I do read a few summaries of the arcs so I am mostly familiar with backstories of Batman and his foes.
Answer a topic: My favorite comic book characters are Batman, Robin (Tim Drake), Deadpool, The Flash (Wally West), Human Torch and Spider-Man.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Peitharchia.
Character Claim: Captain America.
What Marvel/DC media are you currently into?: At the moment, I'm trying to keep myself up with TV shows and movies. Thus far, I have watched each and every one of Marvel Cinematic Universe movies that they have released so far; some, I've watched more than twice. Wasn't too into Marvel as a kid (was a much bigger DC fan due to their cartoons); kind of surprising how things changes!

I'm very much looking forward to Avengers 2. Steve Rogers' shield gets broken here, and to recover, they'll be visiting homeland of Black Panther, or so I've heard, which would drag him into MCU for the first time, which should be pretty exciting! They're also introducing two new members, namely Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, and am quite intrigued to see them as well. They'll likely be villains at first, due to them aligning with Hydra, but they'll be transforming into heroes eventually, and personally, I can't to see how their transition actually goes.

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
Username: BlackMagicMaster
Character Claim: Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
What Marvel/DC media are you currently into?: Usually i only keep up with teh movies, but the new series based on the flash looks quite interesting to say the least

Which Marvel /DC superhero/villain is your favorite?: a few of my favorite characters are Green Lantern, Batman, Two-Face, from DC and Dr Stange and Iron Fist from Marvel.

pkmin3033

Welcome to the club, everyone! Thanks for joining <3

Username: Alfieri
Character Claim: Robin (Tim Drake)
What Marvel/DC media are you currently into?: I love the movies, cartoons and video games. I watched Batman The Animated Series and Justice League Unlimited. I watched a lot of Marvel movies such as both Spider-Man and the reboot, Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America, etc. I also played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 as well as Injustice. I don't read the comic books but I do read a few summaries of the arcs so I am mostly familiar with backstories of Batman and his foes.
Answer a topic: My favorite comic book characters are Batman, Robin (Tim Drake), Deadpool, The Flash (Wally West), Human Torch and Spider-Man.
A fellow 90s cartoon fan! Batman TAS was my introduction to DC...well, Mask of the Phantasm was. Did you get to see that? Easily the best Batman movie made to date in my opinion, although I've not seen many of the new DC animated movies admittedly.

Username: Peitharchia.
Character Claim: Captain America.
What Marvel/DC media are you currently into?: At the moment, I'm trying to keep myself up with TV shows and movies. Thus far, I have watched each and every one of Marvel Cinematic Universe movies that they have released so far; some, I've watched more than twice. Wasn't too into Marvel as a kid (was a much bigger DC fan due to their cartoons); kind of surprising how things changes!

I'm very much looking forward to Avengers 2. Steve Rogers' shield gets broken here, and to recover, they'll be visiting homeland of Black Panther, or so I've heard, which would drag him into MCU for the first time, which should be pretty exciting! They're also introducing two new members, namely Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, and am quite intrigued to see them as well. They'll likely be villains at first, due to them aligning with Hydra, but they'll be transforming into heroes eventually, and personally, I can't to see how their transition actually goes.
The trailer shows Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch with Ultron as well, doesn't it? Do you think that means Ultron has some affiliation with Hydra, or that he's just casually recruited them?
...I just want Scarlet Witch to go crazy; I'd say she's caused at least as much chaos as some of the supervillains in the Marvel Universe. xD

Username: BlackMagicMaster
Character Claim: Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
What Marvel/DC media are you currently into?: Usually i only keep up with teh movies, but the new series based on the flash looks quite interesting to say the least

Which Marvel /DC superhero/villain is your favorite?: a few of my favorite characters are Green Lantern, Batman, Two-Face, from DC and Dr Stange and Iron Fist from Marvel.
The Flash does look pretty interesting! Not quite as dark and gritty and outright depressing as Arrow or Gotham, right? It definitely sticks out because of it.

It occurs to me I should probably answer one of the topics myself...

Probably Captain Marvel. I've seen rumours that Skye might actually wind up being Captain Marvel, since they're playing the Kree angle in SHIELD and she doesn't actually know her real name (at least, I don't think "Mary Sue Poots" was her actual name. xD)...her hair is the wrong colour, but they could always change that.

Given that we'll probably go through at least two more seasons of SHIELD between now and then, with the fallout from Age of Ultron AND Civil War, she'll probably go through quite a bit of character development. Either way, I quite like Carol as a character, so it'll be nice to see her get her own movie~

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
I might as well join this
Username: Judge Mandolore Shepard
Character Claim: Deadpool
What Marvel/DC media are you currently into?: I read the comics, watch the movies, the cartoons, live action shows, and play the video games. For the cartoons, I have watched Batman The Animated Series, Spider-Man, Spider-Man Unlmited, Static Shock, Justice League, Ultimate Spider-Man, and The Batman. For the live action shows I have watched all of Smallville and some of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I have also watched a number of the movies. For video games I have played Injustice, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2, Lego Batman 1 and 2, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, and Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Answer a topic: When it comes to Marvel/DC heroes/villains, some of my favorites are Superman, Batman, Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Deadpool, Cyborg, The Joker, Harley Quinn, Lex Luthor, White Tiger, Iron Fist, and Magneto

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Zeria said:
The trailer shows Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch with Ultron as well, doesn't it? Do you think that means Ultron has some affiliation with Hydra, or that he's just casually recruited them?
...I just want Scarlet Witch to go crazy; I'd say she's caused at least as much chaos as some of the supervillains in the Marvel Universe. xD

That could work! Since they were shown to be recruited by Hydra soon after Shield were taken down in The Winter Soldier, though, whose events occur before Stark creates Ultron (don't they?), they would likely have difficult time explaining things. One scenario I use is Tony Stark secretly siding with Hydra, so that he could gather information from them for Avengers and whatnot, and perhaps he'd hired those two people with their help (without them knowing his actual intentions) so that Witch and Silver could do some special work for him? It's not very likely, but should definitely be interesting.

Speaking of him, I wonder if we'd be seeing him in his white armor any time soon in movies? I'm personally not fond of it too much--seen comic version, and it doesn't look too good (would have preferred if it were more dark)--but in films, things would probably be different, including appearance of his new, default iron suit.

pkmin3033

That could work! Since they were shown to be recruited by Hydra soon after Shield were taken down in The Winter Soldier, though, whose events occur before Stark creates Ultron (don't they?), they would likely have difficult time explaining things. One scenario I use is Tony Stark secretly siding with Hydra, so that he could gather information from them for Avengers and whatnot, and perhaps he'd hired those two people with their help (without them knowing his actual intentions) so that Witch and Silver could do some special work for him? It's not very likely, but should definitely be interesting.

Speaking of him, I wonder if we'd be seeing him in his white armor any time soon in movies? I'm personally not fond of it too much--seen comic version, and it doesn't look too good (would have preferred if it were more dark)--but in films, things would probably be different, including appearance of his new, default iron suit.
Mhm, asides from the original Captain America, I'm pretty sure the Marvel films are all released in chronological order...or at the same time as one another. Not sure where Guardians fits in. It'll be interesting to see how they get Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch over to the Avengers...Tony's involvement with Extremis makes it possible he could appear to defect, though. He's not above shady business dealings. xD

Personally, I think if they used his Superior Iron Man costume, they'd probably save it for Civil War in Cap 3...I think Avengers 2 is going to be all about the Hulkbuster armour. Speaking of which, I wonder what the story behind that is? I think Ultron might have something to do with it, given that he'll be using Iron Man drones as soldiers...he could have hacked it or something.

I might as well join this
Username: Judge Mandolore Shepard
Character Claim: Deadpool
What Marvel/DC media are you currently into?: I read the comics, watch the movies, the cartoons, live action shows, and play the video games. For the cartoons, I have watched Batman The Animated Series, Spider-Man, Spider-Man Unlmited, Static Shock, Justice League, Ultimate Spider-Man, and The Batman. For the live action shows I have watched all of Smallville and some of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I have also watched a number of the movies. For video games I have played Injustice, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2, Lego Batman 1 and 2, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, and Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Answer a topic: When it comes to Marvel/DC heroes/villains, some of my favorites are Superman, Batman, Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Deadpool, Cyborg, The Joker, Harley Quinn, Lex Luthor, White Tiger, Iron Fist, and Magneto
Welcome!~
What did you think of Smallville? I think it's a shame that it isn't canon with the current DC live-action universe...at least, not at the moment. Although it'd cause some problems for Arrow and the Flash if it were. xD

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Welcome!~
What did you think of Smallville? I think it's a shame that it isn't canon with the current DC live-action universe...at least, not at the moment. Although it'd cause some problems for Arrow and the Flash if it were. xD

I thought Smallville was very well done. The way I got into it is that my brother-in-law is a fan of that show and has every season of it on DVD. So I can thank him for that. Yeah, it would cause some problems for Arrow and the Flash if it was canon at the moment.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2022
Username: epicassassin1811 (Sir Pedro)
Character Claim: Iron Man (Tony Stark)
What Marvel/DC media are you currently into?: I watched a lot of the cartoons as a kid, and love most of the movies (George Clooney Batman not included... Stupid nipples). I dabbled in the comics, but gave up when I couldn't find the ones I needed.
Answer a topic: My favorite Marvel "villain" is Loki. He's a trickster, a backstabber, and only looks after himself. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
What if you only like Marvel and don't really like DC at all? :/

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I can understand that. DC does come off as a little too gray, brown, and epic while Marvel is more colorful and radical.
Rather... The Marvel heroes make more sense to me. Stuff like Green Lantern and alien man of steel in cape is just... really not for me. Asgard and iron suits any day over that. With that said I don't think I'll be joining this club at this point :3 I'm not super well versed in even the Marvel universe after all, even though I really love the movies and X-men stuff.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Zeria said:
Personally, I think if they used his Superior Iron Man costume, they'd probably save it for Civil War in Cap 3...I think Avengers 2 is going to be all about the Hulkbuster armour. Speaking of which, I wonder what the story behind that is? I think Ultron might have something to do with it, given that he'll be using Iron Man drones as soldiers...he could have hacked it or something.

Now that you mention it, yeah, that sounds like a good reasoning!

I also remember reading an article stating that Stark and Banner get themselves in a feud of sorts, and to settle things, they set each other up to a fighting match. For fairness and whatnot, Tony builds this armor for himself so that Hulk wouldn't be too overpowering for him. Does any of this happen in comics? I feel it could be possible, as heroes get into trouble with each other all the time; this wouldn't be the first.

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016

I also remember reading an article stating that Stark and Banner get themselves in a feud of sorts, and to settle things, they set each other up to a fighting match. For fairness and whatnot, Tony builds this armor for himself so that Hulk wouldn't be too overpowering for him. Does any of this happen in comics? I feel it could be possible, as heroes get into trouble with each other all the time; this wouldn't be the first.

this might have happened. i don't read the comic books, but i have learned that hulk could go from hero to villein in a flash;) because he couldn't control his anger, and turn on everyone

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
this might have happened. i don't read the comic books, but i have learned that hulk could go from hero to villein in a flash;) because he couldn't control his anger, and turn on everyone

This does make sense, but I don't believe it'll actually happen, haha. What I meant in my previous post was that it could be some hero-against-hero action, a result of Stark and Banner accidentally stepping on each other's foot. They'd sort of be like Batman and Superman in upcoming Dawn of Justice movie; wind up fighting because of some misinterpretation and whatnot.

pkmin3033

I thought Smallville was very well done. The way I got into it is that my brother-in-law is a fan of that show and has every season of it on DVD. So I can thank him for that. Yeah, it would cause some problems for Arrow and the Flash if it was canon at the moment.
Aha, I see. I started watching at the end of the first season. The jumping into the storm thing got my attention pretty well. I have to admit I was disappointed by the eighth and ninth seasons - primarily due to lack of Lex, but the constant barrage of cameos was quite jarring - but I found season ten to be quite impressive. Even if they could have just renamed the show "Metropolis" by that point. xD

Username: epicassassin1811 (Sir Pedro)
Character Claim: Iron Man (Tony Stark)
What Marvel/DC media are you currently into?: I watched a lot of the cartoons as a kid, and love most of the movies (George Clooney Batman not included... Stupid nipples). I dabbled in the comics, but gave up when I couldn't find the ones I needed.
Answer a topic: My favorite Marvel "villain" is Loki. He's a trickster, a backstabber, and only looks after himself.
1.%20smile.gif
Welcome! Thank you for joining~
Graphic novels are quite expensive, aren't they? Things are fairly well organized and numbered - provided you don't buy cross-country, anyway - but some of them are horrific...especially the 90s Marvel storylines. The Second Clone Saga is ridiculously expensive, and parts of Age of Apocalypse are just as bad. I despair at ever getting copies; unfortunately I don't have more money than sense right now. xD;

Rather... The Marvel heroes make more sense to me. Stuff like Green Lantern and alien man of steel in cape is just... really not for me. Asgard and iron suits any day over that. With that said I don't think I'll be joining this club at this point :3 I'm not super well versed in even the Marvel universe after all, even though I really love the movies and X-men stuff.
I can see your point to a degree...outside of a few select titles (Red Son, The Killing Joke, plus a couple of New 52 storylines) I've always had trouble with DC comics...the art style is flatter, and everything just has to be as gritty as possible. Marvel is more flexible in that regard; you can have gritty and very serious storylines, but fun, light-hearted ones as well.
You're still welcome to join if you'd like to though, you don't have to like DC or be well-versed in it to discuss it :3

The Hulkbuster Armour is used in World War Hulk, which I've not read...but from what I've seen, Hulk demolishes it...then goes on to beat the Fantastic Four and Doctor Strange for good measure. They've stated catergorically that they won't do World War Hulk, but they're evidently not averse to stealing things from it. I think it's probable the two will cross each other, though. xD

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Username: Read it peeps.
Character Claim: Batman4Life #BruceWayne
What Marvel/DC media are you currently into?: Honestly I do a lot. I know more about the movies since there aren't any comic book stores where I live but when I get the chance I read comics. I prefer DC to Marvel but am not too picky. And short note, I'm not really into erm.... well flying, nearly indestructible aliens?
Answer a topic:
What are your thoughts on the currently airing Marvel/DC spinoff TV series?

I don't like Agents of Shield far too much despite the fact that it's pretty cool. I loved Arrow and watched the first 6 episodes but am waiting for my cousin to hand me his hard drive which contains all the episodes. I watched the Flash pilot and liked it a lot and am waiting to see Gotham. The problem is that we don't have Netflix here, in the new country I've moved to so it's difficult to see those shows.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
Username: Gilver
Character Claim: Fantomex
What Marvel/DC media are you currently into?: I largely keep tabs on a few current Marvel comic runs, though I prefer the older stuff. I don't really like most of their movies (aside from a choice few) and I don't get all the S.H.I.E.L.D. tv show hype. I am a fan of their X-Men cartoons though. Actually listened to the old '90ies theme tune on youtube the other day...haha.

On DC side of things, I haven't delved into many of their comics, only touching on all things got to do with Batman Beyond every now and again. I love the cartoon show of the same name, in addition to their animated movies. I tried to watch Arrow and Flash, but lost interest after the first few episodes.
Answer a topic: Who is your favourite Marvel/DC hero/villain? Ffff. That's a tease. If I had to pick some favourites from both sides of the comic landscape I guess I'd choose Fantomex, Psylocke, Iron Man, Sabretooth, Killer Croc, Doomslayer, Blight and Inque.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What are your thoughts on the currently airing Marvel/DC spin-off TV series?
Currently, I'm a gargantuan fan of Marvel's Agents of Shield show. To be honest, I wasn't too fond of it when it initially kicked-off; thought it to be sort of lame due to how slow things were and how emotional certain elements seemed to have been, but it began picking up soon after and had gotten more action-packed, with bunch of mystery and suspense.

Thus far, in season one, they've developed a superhero in Deathlok, which, I believe, they did a wonderful job in. He was indeed portrayed as villain as first, but then we've got to know that none of it are his actual intentions; he's doing all things he does in order to protect his kid. Affiliates of Hydra has implemented something in him, which would display commands in his eyes if they send orders to follow; if he doesn't, they'll be pushing him. Though, he's eventually broken free of them, and that's very nice! Hoping to see him make appearance in one of their future films, if possible; would be interesting to see what kind of role he plays.

As for season two, I'm very much into it. I know it has only begun recently, but they've already done a ton of things within this time-frame, such as giving Skye's character an overhaul, which I'm very happy to see! Definitely suitable for a Shield member (at least in my opinion).

Back