• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Staaaaaaay Fresh! +++ The Splatoon Fan Club

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Marshmallows won the Splatfest, guys! I knew that because my boyfriend was on Team Marshmallow and he texted me about it. lol.

I only played up to Hot Dog defender, couldn't play as much due to...life. lol

If anyone wants to be added on the skype chat (you guys should update your skype...just saying!), send me an invite. My skype is on my profile.

This is the third Splatfest loss for me. dang. haha.

Yosei

~dIsToRtIoN~
Years
WOO MARSHMALLOWS! :D Congrats to any other marshmallows out there ^-^ I didn't get to do much Splatfest battling because my internet kept disconnecting me ;-; But my friend reached the Marshmallow Queen rank ^-^

Also... is the Skype chat video chat or typing chat...? My tablet doesn't have a camera and I'm not all that comfortable with showing my face anyways... .-.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
You don't need video or a mic to participate in the skype chat. It's not required.

A general question to get some discussion going...what are your main weapons? Are you a scoper? A roller? A machine gunner? A Splattershot? An inkbrusher?

Years
I like a variety of shooter weapons, namely the Aerosprays, The Dual Squelchers, the N-Zaps, and the good ol' Splattershot Jr. Bucket- uh... I mean, the Slosher is also quickly becoming a favorite weapon.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
N-Zaps for ranked battles, rollers for turf war battles. however, I prefer weapons with the Killer Wail since it's more effective for me. B)

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Here are my preferred setups:

Ranked Battle - Tower Control: Heavy Splatling, .96 Gal, E-Liter, Dynamo Roller
Ranked Battle - Splat Zones: Heavy Splatling, N-Zap 89, Aerospray RG, Dynamo Roller

Turf Wars: Heavy Splatling, Aerospray RG, Splatshot Jr. (that darn starter weapon), Octobrush

EDIT!! BIG NEWS!

tumblr_nszp5dJon81u3akyno5_540.jpg

SplatoonUS Tumblr OFFICIAL! said:
NEWS FLASH! Tomorrow evening at 7 PM PT, a new mode will join Splat Zones and Tower Control in the Ranked Battle playlist!

Introducing…. Rainmaker! In Rainmaker, both teams compete to snag the, uhhh, Rainmaker. Once you've got it, the goal is to carry it into the other team's base!

How's it work, you ask? As soon as the battle begins, grab onto that Rainmaker! It's guarded by a shield, though, so you'll need to bust it out first. Once you snag it, head for the other team's base. And be quick about it!
If you run out of time or get splatted, the Rainmaker will be dropped and its shield will also reactivate. The Rainmaker is crazy heavy, so you can't Super Jump while carrying it. Hopefully your teammates will watch your back!
But don't think the Rainmaker is just some shiny object - it can shoot ink like an Inkzooka. You can even hold to charge the Rainmaker up for an extra-powerful shot! The closer you get to the enemy base while holding the Rainmaker, the lower your goal distance will drop. If you retreat too far while holding the Rainmaker, it'll explode sooner! If the battle ends without anyone carrying the Rainmaker to the goal, the team with the lowest goal distance will win.

BAZ3gLD.0.gif

Also that hashtag.
"
I dare you to make it through your first battle without yelling MAKE IT RAIN!"

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Has this mode been added to the game now? Or do we have to update in order to get it.

Rainmaker looks super easy. :D I'm so hyped about this!

Yosei

~dIsToRtIoN~
Years
I'm still only level 9 *cries* I want to get to do Ranked Battles so I can do some with my friend and you guys ^-^ Also... Has anyone else had this happen to them?:

"The connection is unstable."
"The connection has been lost."

And then it brings me back to the lobby >.> Its the main reason I'm still level 9... I can't finish any battles D:

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Has this mode been added to the game now? Or do we have to update in order to get it.

It comes out tomorrow evening.

Also... Has anyone else had this happen to them?:

And then it brings me back to the lobby >.> Its the main reason I'm still level 9... I can't finish any battles D:
It's only happened to be a few times. Most of the time, my connection was stable, thought there are occasional lags.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm still only level 9 *cries* I want to get to do Ranked Battles so I can do some with my friend and I Yoku guys ^-^ Also... Has anyone else had this happen to them?:

It has happened to me several times too. It's not just you, and it's not your internet either. It's Nintendo's end. Because there's so many people playing online at the same time, it's hard for nintendo's servers to keep up. goes to show the game is pretty popular.

I've been level 18 for ages now. I've been meaning to get to level 20 by the end of the summer sooo lol.

Yosei

~dIsToRtIoN~
Years
Soooo with the topic, the only weapons I ever use are my 'N-zaps and Tentatek Splattershot. :3 I like things with a lot of range and a good fire rate like my 'N-zaps, but sometimes I also like getting close up in combat so damage is good on my Tentatek Splattershot. ^-^ I haven't unlocked Ranked Battles yet, so this is just for Turf Wars... >.>

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Soooo with the topic, the only weapons I ever use are my 'N-zaps and Tentatek Splattershot. :3 I like things with a lot of range and a good fire rate like my 'N-zaps, but sometimes I also like getting close up in combat so damage is good on my Tentatek Splattershot. ^-^ I haven't unlocked Ranked Battles yet, so this is just for Turf Wars... >.>

Turf Wars are fine, just get a little dull after a bit. Rank Battles are somewhat fun and somewhat hell at times. The whole, you have to either gain more points than the other team or completely knock them out is a pain at times because your teammates will never move onto the tower OR from the first splatzone. Always playing defense and well, it either stalemates OR the enemy team gets one point more than your team and you lose (and get little exp and money). Its a risky mode.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Turf Wars tend to get boring after a while of grinding. They could really use some different "non competitive modes" to play around with.

However, it does go down to hell when it's Splatfest. ;D

tumblr_np71h7gFFB1tux9dio1_400.gif

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
OMFG GUYS RAINMAKER IS FREAKING AWESOME.

Had somewhat of a winning streak a little while ago. Went from a C- to a C+ then back down to a C- again (lol back to the drawing board). But maaaan that was so much fun. Been playing non-stop and now it's 3 am lmaoooo.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
it looks like rainmaker would be a lot of fun. i really like all these new battle modes they are adding!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm gonna play some more later on today. I feel like I'm on fire, and my NZAP is amazing at Rainmaker. Just that I need to practice a little more so I don't get caught on another "up-down" streak.

Also, these winnings really help a lot if you want to level up quickly. Almost to level 19 now. I really want to open my amiibos now.

Back