• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Jasper Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Here are a few you could use ^^:

Pokemon Sweet Dreams & Nightmare versions (How about a sequel? >:3)

Pokemon Dream Eaters

Pokemon Legend of Somia (Ripped from RomReaverz's Legend of Fenju Much o.o)

Pokemon Dream Core Adventures

That's all I can think of... And also, once you have decided, please notify me! I could do you a few titlescreens (Just the text 'Fire Red' and I could also change the charizard to another pokemon if you want, but I cannot make backgrounds and stuffs cuz I sux at them ):)

[snip]

Last edited by a moderator:

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
PokemonMasters said:
well, its up to you to decide, but i dont think the name fits in with the plot and stuff.

Yes, it's my decision, I'm just asking for the input of others if they have any...
...and the title 'Pokemon Jasper' was not supposed to fit with the plot, it was just a color that I chose.

SkyIsDarkBlue said:
Here are a few you could use ^^:

Pokemon Sweet Dreams & Nightmare versions (How about a sequel? >:3)

Pokemon Dream Eaters

Pokemon Legend of Somia (Ripped from RomReaverz's Legend of Fenju Much o.o)

Pokemon Dream Core Adventures

That's all I can think of... And also, once you have decided, please notify me! I could do you a few titlescreens (Just the text 'Fire Red' and I could also change the charizard to another pokemon if you want, but I cannot make backgrounds and stuffs cuz I sux at them )

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll consider them, and I will notify you when I decide (don't know how long that will be). And it would be nice if you could do the text for me! I already know how to insert titlescreens, so I don't think that I'll need help with that, but getting the text to look good is sort of a weakness in my hacking skills :)

---

Other suggestions for the title still welcome, btw. I'll update the first post at the top to say that.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I love your tileset, they look amazing and so fun, and i like the idea of travelling by water
Goodluck with your game! I cant wait to see more of this!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
wm.png

Loving the world map!
Did you make it yourself?

It's just perfect, decent amount of land space, and the usual amount of required water areas.
Town amount is perfect and so is the shape!!

Well done, again!!

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Saving Raven said:
I love your tileset, they look amazing and so fun, and i like the idea of travelling by water
Goodluck with your game! I cant wait to see more of this!

Thanks. :)

Nintendork15 said:
Loving the world map!
Did you make it yourself?

It's just perfect, decent amount of land space, and the usual amount of required water areas.
Town amount is perfect and so is the shape!!

Well done, again!!

Thanks for the positive feedback! I did indeed make it myself. Glad you like the way it's set up, it changed a lot before this final form that you see.

PokemonMasters said:
the world map looks nice. (: anyways where is the starting town?

The starting town is in the top left corner of the map with the selection box around it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
i have an idea for the name change. The name could be Pokemon Copper Version.

Last edited by a moderator:

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
GigaRayner12 said:
i have an idea for the name change. The name could be Pokemon Copper Version.

I believe that that name is already taken. Also, If I do decide to change the name it will (in all probability) NOT be a color/material, but rather something along the lines of some of the suggestions that SkyIsDarkBlue made on the previous page.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Why didn't i post on this ?????? It's an awesome hack really good tiles,the features are also great ( like having dive and rock climb in fire red ) and the story is simple yet good to make someone play it.I really like it and im sure a lot of effort is put to make it like this.
What didn't see was a release .Will you release it when it's completed ?
For the name change you could rename it to pokemon aquamarine version ( if its not taken ) or pokemon water blue version i can't think anything else :P
For the battle textbox ( with the commands ) you could use orange and darker blue because light blue is kinda startling...
Anyways if you continue like that it will turn out great ! keep it up ;)

Last edited:

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Yea, this hack is too unnoticed. You needa do something bout it.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
gam3r! said:
Why didn't i post on this ?????? It's an awesome hack really good tiles,the features are also great ( like having dive and rock climb in fire red ) and the story is simple yet good to make someone play it.I really like it and im sure a lot of effort is put to make it like this.
What didn't see was a release .Will you release it when it's completed ?
For the name change you could rename it to pokemon aquamarine version ( if its not taken ) or pokemon water blue version i can't think anything else
For the battle textbox ( with the commands ) you could use orange and darker blue because light blue is kinda startling...
Anyways if you continue like that it will turn out great ! keep it up

Thanks for the feedback. I too was thinking that the colors of the textbox are a bit startling, so I probably will dull them down a bit.

As for a release, I do plan on there being a beta somewhat soon (perhaps as early as the end of September), with more to follow after that. I'll add a beta progress section to the first post sometime.

Pinkish Purple said:
Yea, this hack is too unnoticed. You needa do something bout it.

Perhaps you are right, but there's not much I can do about that other than to keep working hard.

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
Noticed our hacks have sort-of similar plot motifs, the focus on dreams, which I like :)
From your screenshots I can tell that this is a hack of quality. Plus all the features you've added really put this hack in a good light. I look forward to playing this when this is released!

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
I think it is because of the name. Grab a cooler name to arouse more curiosity, think like how the players think. Just a suggestion, change the name ASAP.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
This is quite a good looking hack. I don't often hang around the hacking section on this forum, but this happens to have caught my interest. I'll be sure to drop in every so often to see how things are going.

If you're thinking of putting in some Gen4/5 Pokemon I would thoroughly suggest adding the Musharna line or the Hypno line. After all, what better Pokemon to have in a story involving dreams than ones known for their dream-related powers?

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
I think it is because of the name. Grab a cooler name to arouse more curiosity, think like how the players think. Just a suggestion, change the name ASAP.

I don't think it's the name.It's got to be that members who are around rom hacking section are intrested for the moment in other hacks like dark rising ,Sky line ash gray and so on.Many of the progressing hacks have great potential ( including this of course ) Keep trying and your effort will pay off sometime later don't worry ;)

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
SK3 said:
Noticed our hacks have sort-of similar plot motifs, the focus on dreams, which I like
From your screenshots I can tell that this is a hack of quality. Plus all the features you've added really put this hack in a good light. I look forward to playing this when this is released!

Thanks for the compliments. I noticed that our stories have similarities, too. :)

Pinkish Purple said:

I'm not so sure about that. Lots of hacks have colors for names.
Regardless, I will still probably change the name since I'm not very thrilled about "Jasper". Probably not ASAP, though, I have really been focusing on more important things for this hack.

gam3r! said:
I don't think it's the name.It's got to be that members who are around rom hacking section are intrested for the moment in other hacks like dark rising ,Sky line ash gray and so on.Many of the progressing hacks have great potential ( including this of course ) Keep trying and your effort will pay off sometime later don't worry

I would agree. Members are more focused on hacks that have betas they can play.

Grif of Hearts said:
This is quite a good looking hack. I don't often hang around the hacking section on this forum, but this happens to have caught my interest. I'll be sure to drop in every so often to see how things are going.

Thanks!

If you're thinking of putting in some Gen4/5 Pokemon I would thoroughly suggest adding the Musharna line or the Hypno line. After all, what better Pokemon to have in a story involving dreams than ones known for their dream-related powers?

Both suggestions are already in the plans :)

---

I added a beta progress section to the bottom of the OP. If you look at it, you'll notice that scripting has barely started. That will change in the next few days when scripting finally gets going.

Expect an update pretty soon.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Yea, for the beta part, you really have no choice... Anyways, if you need help, I'll be more than happy to give you some support ^^ don't think you're alone on this hack, just ask and people will get to you.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Update!

Just a few screens to show what I've been working on...

event2.png
event1.png

event3.png
baddream.png

^Screens from the opening event(s). The Team Rocket guy is just a placeholder for another overworld that I haven't inserted yet.

route22.png

r_3.png

r_31.png

^Some shots of a couple of routes that I just completed.

cavebb.png

^...aaaand the new cave battle background. Also, the color of the battle box has been darkened a bit.

---

That's all for now!

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
bro, fullfilled is spelled as fulfilled. Man, the hack looks real good! VM me the legendary of the hack! I'ma make a userbar for you!

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Update!

Just a few screens to show what I've been working on...

event2.png
event1.png

event3.png
baddream.png

^Screens from the opening event(s). The Team Rocket guy is just a placeholder for another overworld that I haven't inserted yet.

route22.png

Is that a dive spot over there ?
r_3.png

r_31.png

^Some shots of a couple of routes that I just completed.

cavebb.png

^...aaaand the new cave battle background. Also, the color of the battle box has been darkened a bit.

---

That's all for now!

Aside from fulfilled , prophecy is spelled wrong on that screen ( it says prophesy ) but i don't care about spelling errors much
Everything looks awesome man , and the textbox is great with the darker palletes !
Keep it up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back