Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #276    
Old January 4th, 2013 (3:39 AM).
Pike15's Avatar
Pike15 Pike15 is offline
     
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 168
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xalien95 View Post



    I'm using Pokémon Pearl, to change the camera you have to find in the Map headers the map #411 (from 411 to 417 there are maps of the first town) and to set the camera to 9.

    To change the trees you have to export the Tileset 6 from the Map editor tab, then the Tileset editor tab, to open it with MKDS and edit textures and palettes with that tool. Then save and import it again in your rom. The texture you have to change are "conttre_b", "conttre_t" and "tree01". Pay attention to the palette of conttre because these texture have the same palette.
    Ok thanks 2 more questions. Do you have the download for the trees. And do you know how to add objects to the map likes house and trees.

    And spiky how do i add wild pokemon grass to the map??
    __________________
    This signature has been disabled.
    Exceeding 350px height limit
    Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

    You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

    Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
    Reply With Quote
      #277    
    Old January 4th, 2013 (6:02 AM).
    Spiky-Eared Pichu's Avatar
    Spiky-Eared Pichu Spiky-Eared Pichu is offline
    NDS Hacker/Researcher
       
      Join Date: Apr 2010
      Posts: 257
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Pike15 View Post
      Ok thanks 2 more questions. Do you have the download for the trees. And do you know how to add objects to the map likes house and trees.

      And spiky how do i add wild pokemon grass to the map??
      To add grass, edit the model to include the grass texture over the area you want, and then change the move permissions of that same area to the tall grass byte. The rest is automatic :)
      __________________
      "Hacking has no limits. Don't try anything, DO IT!"

      Jump into DS hacking with SDSME!


      Beta 2 available!!


      Reply With Quote
        #278    
      Old January 4th, 2013 (10:18 AM).
      Pike15's Avatar
      Pike15 Pike15 is offline
         
        Join Date: Apr 2012
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 168
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Spiky-Eared Pichu View Post
        To add grass, edit the model to include the grass texture over the area you want, and then change the move permissions of that same area to the tall grass byte. The rest is automatic :)
        Nice so i am just change movement and a wild pokemon grass appears there??
        __________________
        This signature has been disabled.
        Exceeding 350px height limit
        Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

        You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

        Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
        Reply With Quote
          #279    
        Old January 5th, 2013 (7:47 AM).
        Spiky-Eared Pichu's Avatar
        Spiky-Eared Pichu Spiky-Eared Pichu is offline
        NDS Hacker/Researcher
           
          Join Date: Apr 2010
          Posts: 257
          I'm currently working on something you've all been waiting for since this tool was first released, I think: a scripts editor. This is in a very early stage of development, but it works (as a viewer):

          Spoiler:

          When finished, it will work in a fashion similar to PPRE's, but without the glitches, of course. I'm trying to make a bug-free script editor, with most commands using easy and simple names. Hopefully this will finally allow NDS hacking to take off completely. Thanks for your support :)
          __________________
          "Hacking has no limits. Don't try anything, DO IT!"

          Jump into DS hacking with SDSME!


          Beta 2 available!!


          Reply With Quote
            #280    
          Old January 5th, 2013 (9:09 AM).
          VERGUNDAI's Avatar
          VERGUNDAI VERGUNDAI is offline
          RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
             
            Join Date: Dec 2009
            Location: Pokemon Universe :)
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 109
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Spiky-Eared Pichu View Post
            I'm currently working on something you've all been waiting for since this tool was first released, I think: a scripts editor. This is in a very early stage of development, but it works (as a viewer):

            Spoiler:

            When finished, it will work in a fashion similar to PPRE's, but without the glitches, of course. I'm trying to make a bug-free script editor, with most commands using easy and simple names. Hopefully this will finally allow NDS hacking to take off completely. Thanks for your support :)
            Will you show the coordinance/position of the script on the map?
            __________________
            Vergundai_ace_gailon
            Reply With Quote
              #281    
            Old January 5th, 2013 (11:53 AM).
            Spiky-Eared Pichu's Avatar
            Spiky-Eared Pichu Spiky-Eared Pichu is offline
            NDS Hacker/Researcher
               
              Join Date: Apr 2010
              Posts: 257
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by VERGUNDAI View Post
              Will you show the coordinance/position of the script on the map?
              If you mean in a way similar to Advance Map's, no, because it's not possible. The scripts work different on the DS, and they are associated to people, furniture, etc via the event editor. But I could try to improve the event editor to be a bit more easy to use.
              __________________
              "Hacking has no limits. Don't try anything, DO IT!"

              Jump into DS hacking with SDSME!


              Beta 2 available!!


              Reply With Quote
                #282    
              Old January 5th, 2013 (3:28 PM). Edited January 5th, 2013 by VERGUNDAI.
              VERGUNDAI's Avatar
              VERGUNDAI VERGUNDAI is offline
              RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2009
                Location: Pokemon Universe :)
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 109
                Why is there bitmap error on 3DS Map 8?


                Yes improving the event editor who be fascinating, and much easier to use...
                I'll wait for that in a later update.

                The script editor is so buggy for PPRE right now, so If anyone wants to wait, I preferred wait now for a new script editor. So your rom won't freeze in various positions...
                Quote:
                Quote: Originally Posted by VERGUNDAI
                Will you show the coordinance/position of the script on the map?

                If you mean in a way similar to Advance Map's, no, because it's not possible. The scripts work different on the DS, and they are associated to people, furniture, etc via the event editor. But I could try to improve the event editor to be a bit more easy to use.
                __________________
                Vergundai_ace_gailon
                Reply With Quote
                  #283    
                Old January 5th, 2013 (4:36 PM).
                Pike15's Avatar
                Pike15 Pike15 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2012
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 168
                  Nice spiky

                  And keep up the good work :D
                  __________________
                  This signature has been disabled.
                  Exceeding 350px height limit
                  Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                  You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                  Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #284    
                  Old January 5th, 2013 (5:19 PM).
                  Platinum Lucario's Avatar
                  Platinum Lucario Platinum Lucario is offline
                  The Legendary Master of <font color="#D8D48C">Light</font>!
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2008
                  Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Calm
                  Posts: 1,575
                  Just to let everyone know, as you may recall earlier that I had an issue where I was "unable to save the header data" on the ROMs in SDSME. Well I've found out as to why I was having this problem, and it's very simple... I didn't even click somewhere else on the header table or press enter after changing the value.

                  Remember... always either press enter or click some other part of the table before you click "Save Header Data" button. If you don't, then the headers won't save after clicking "Save Header Data" button.

                  Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing the script editor. It'll be interesting in what anyone would be able to do with it. :)
                  __________________
                  [Platinum Lucario's Signature]
                  If you need to disable my signature, please give me some advice on how to improve the CSS-DIV code. Thanks!
                  Signature Status: Strikes: 1/3 | Infractions: 0/3
                  It's time to change the future...
                  to a positive direction!

                  Let's prevent things from getting bad!

                  I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher
                  Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)
                  Reply With Quote
                    #285    
                  Old January 5th, 2013 (5:31 PM).
                  Pike15's Avatar
                  Pike15 Pike15 is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2012
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 168
                    Pokemon Shiny silver are you working on some rom hack??
                    __________________
                    This signature has been disabled.
                    Exceeding 350px height limit
                    Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                    You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                    Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #286    
                    Old January 5th, 2013 (8:04 PM).
                    VERGUNDAI's Avatar
                    VERGUNDAI VERGUNDAI is offline
                    RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2009
                      Location: Pokemon Universe :)
                      Age: 22
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 109
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
                      Just to let everyone know, as you may recall earlier that I had an issue where I was "unable to save the header data" on the ROMs in SDSME. Well I've found out as to why I was having this problem, and it's very simple... I didn't even click somewhere else on the header table or press enter after changing the value.

                      Remember... always either press enter or click some other part of the table before you click "Save Header Data" button. If you don't, then the headers won't save after clicking "Save Header Data" button.

                      Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing the script editor. It'll be interesting in what anyone would be able to do with it. :)

                      ahaa...thanks, I remember the way I saved it I triple press save headers option.
                      Now it will be easier...
                      __________________
                      Vergundai_ace_gailon
                      Reply With Quote
                        #287    
                      Old January 7th, 2013 (9:50 PM).
                      Link_971's Avatar
                      Link_971 Link_971 is offline
                      French Rom-Hacker
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2006
                        Location: France
                        Age: 26
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 212
                        Always good to see new improvements ;)
                        If you need any help (for BW / BW 2 especially) don't hesitate.

                        Also, i will like to make the french translation of the tool, but i don't know exactly how to edit .dll files, so if you can tell me how i can add the support :)
                        __________________

                        Reply With Quote
                          #288    
                        Old January 8th, 2013 (4:40 AM).
                        Spiky-Eared Pichu's Avatar
                        Spiky-Eared Pichu Spiky-Eared Pichu is offline
                        NDS Hacker/Researcher
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2010
                          Posts: 257
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Link_971 View Post
                          Always good to see new improvements ;)
                          If you need any help (for BW / BW 2 especially) don't hesitate.

                          Also, i will like to make the french translation of the tool, but i don't know exactly how to edit .dll files, so if you can tell me how i can add the support :)
                          Thanks! I was going to translate it myself, but you'll make it better. Don't mess around with the .dll files, I'll send you .xml files with all the strings you have to change :)
                          __________________
                          "Hacking has no limits. Don't try anything, DO IT!"

                          Jump into DS hacking with SDSME!


                          Beta 2 available!!


                          Reply With Quote
                            #289    
                          Old January 11th, 2013 (12:36 PM).
                          YORAMRW YORAMRW is offline
                          8-bit producer & Pokémon GB music hacker
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2012
                            Location: Netherlands
                            Age: 21
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Gentle
                            Posts: 48
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by xalien95 View Post
                            [IMG]AITCHttpCOLON//i1266DOTphotobucketDOTcom/albums/jj531/xAlien95/Old%20Staffs/screenshot_zps51947404.png[/IMG]


                            I'm using Pokémon Pearl, to change the camera you have to find in the Map headers the map #411 (from 411 to 417 there are maps of the first town) and to set the camera to 9.

                            To change the trees you have to export the Tileset 6 from the Map editor tab, then the Tileset editor tab, to open it with MKDS and edit textures and palettes with that tool. Then save and import it again in your rom. The texture you have to change are "conttre_b", "conttre_t" and "tree01". Pay attention to the palette of conttre because these texture have the same palette.
                            How cool!!! When do you release a beta of your hack?
                            __________________
                            Professional Pokémon music hacker and the composer of epic 8-bit devamps
                            Reply With Quote
                              #290    
                            Old January 11th, 2013 (12:41 PM).
                            xalien95's Avatar
                            xalien95 xalien95 is offline
                            Developer of Pokémon Omicron
                               
                              Join Date: Jan 2011
                              Location: Italy, Monopoly
                              Age: 23
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 76
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by gatarda View Post
                              How cool!!! When do you release a beta of your hack?
                              It's not a hack, just testing... XD
                              Reply With Quote
                                #291    
                              Old January 12th, 2013 (2:23 PM). Edited January 12th, 2013 by YORAMRW.
                              YORAMRW YORAMRW is offline
                              8-bit producer & Pokémon GB music hacker
                                 
                                Join Date: Oct 2012
                                Location: Netherlands
                                Age: 21
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Gentle
                                Posts: 48
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by xalien95 View Post
                                It's not a hack, just testing... XD
                                But it is still cool! I am going to do same things now!

                                How to edit tileset palettes?
                                __________________
                                Professional Pokémon music hacker and the composer of epic 8-bit devamps
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #292    
                                Old January 13th, 2013 (4:23 AM).
                                xalien95's Avatar
                                xalien95 xalien95 is offline
                                Developer of Pokémon Omicron
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2011
                                  Location: Italy, Monopoly
                                  Age: 23
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 76
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by gatarda View Post
                                  But it is still cool! I am going to do same things now!

                                  How to edit tileset palettes?
                                  You have to extract a tileset with SDSME, open it with MKDS, edit their textures importing new ones like PNGs (palettes'll be automatic), save the tileset and import it with SDSME.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #293    
                                  Old January 13th, 2013 (9:20 PM).
                                  VERGUNDAI's Avatar
                                  VERGUNDAI VERGUNDAI is offline
                                  RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
                                     
                                    Join Date: Dec 2009
                                    Location: Pokemon Universe :)
                                    Age: 22
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Quiet
                                    Posts: 109
                                    I'm gonna share you guys something interesting, it's called UVMapper, I found it while playing around with GameMaker 8 Pro.

                                    More inforemation at UVMapper website, this might be able to fix UV better after editing an obj file.
                                    __________________
                                    Vergundai_ace_gailon
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #294    
                                    Old January 14th, 2013 (2:51 AM).
                                    Pike15's Avatar
                                    Pike15 Pike15 is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Apr 2012
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 168
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by VERGUNDAI View Post
                                      I'm gonna share you guys something interesting, it's called UVMapper, I found it while playing around with GameMaker 8 Pro.

                                      More inforemation at UVMapper website, this might be able to fix UV better after editing an obj file.
                                      Is it a 3d modeling tool. And is it free??
                                      __________________
                                      This signature has been disabled.
                                      Exceeding 350px height limit
                                      Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                                      You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                                      Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #295    
                                      Old January 14th, 2013 (6:44 AM).
                                      andibad's Avatar
                                      andibad andibad is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Apr 2010
                                        Location: Indonesia
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 33
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Pike15 View Post
                                        Is it a 3d modeling tool. And is it free??
                                        pro version is not free. but you can try free version.
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #296    
                                        Old January 14th, 2013 (8:50 AM).
                                        YORAMRW YORAMRW is offline
                                        8-bit producer & Pokémon GB music hacker
                                           
                                          Join Date: Oct 2012
                                          Location: Netherlands
                                          Age: 21
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Gentle
                                          Posts: 48
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by xalien95 View Post
                                          You have to extract a tileset with SDSME, open it with MKDS, edit their textures importing new ones like PNGs (palettes'll be automatic), save the tileset and import it with SDSME.
                                          I always tought the PNG become the palette of the tile. Thanks.
                                          __________________
                                          Professional Pokémon music hacker and the composer of epic 8-bit devamps
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #297    
                                          Old January 14th, 2013 (9:47 AM).
                                          Spiky-Eared Pichu's Avatar
                                          Spiky-Eared Pichu Spiky-Eared Pichu is offline
                                          NDS Hacker/Researcher
                                             
                                            Join Date: Apr 2010
                                            Posts: 257
                                            News update: I have finished a trainer class editor, which will allow you to add/edit/remove trainer classes (name and sprite). Music and animations are not supported yet simply because I have no idea where the data is.

                                            I have also rewritten the ROM load/save code to make it faster and safer. The "game.nds" errors won't show up anymore, and the game will now be loaded in the same folder it's located, not in SDSME's. That will also allow you to have multiple windows of SDSME opened at the same time safely :D
                                            __________________
                                            "Hacking has no limits. Don't try anything, DO IT!"

                                            Jump into DS hacking with SDSME!


                                            Beta 2 available!!


                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #298    
                                            Old January 14th, 2013 (10:00 AM).
                                            Pike15's Avatar
                                            Pike15 Pike15 is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Apr 2012
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 168
                                              Nice spiky keep up the good work ^_^
                                              __________________
                                              This signature has been disabled.
                                              Exceeding 350px height limit
                                              Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                                              You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                                              Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #299    
                                              Old January 22nd, 2013 (4:30 PM).
                                              VERGUNDAI's Avatar
                                              VERGUNDAI VERGUNDAI is offline
                                              RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Dec 2009
                                                Location: Pokemon Universe :)
                                                Age: 22
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Quiet
                                                Posts: 109
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Spiky-Eared Pichu View Post
                                                News update: I have finished a trainer class editor, which will allow you to add/edit/remove trainer classes (name and sprite). Music and animations are not supported yet simply because I have no idea where the data is.

                                                I have also rewritten the ROM load/save code to make it faster and safer. The "game.nds" errors won't show up anymore, and the game will now be loaded in the same folder it's located, not in SDSME's. That will also allow you to have multiple windows of SDSME opened at the same time safely :D
                                                Awesome, since trainer editor was really useful, I've compiled some new scripts for BlazeRuby.
                                                I still can't figure out while Max 8 won't load my png files file trying to export some maps into imd.
                                                Works for the first map Twinleaf(can be imported to imd with no errors), then errors for other maps(unknown error)..

                                                Lately, I've been successfully importing some maps without textures, so therefore I won't need to upload pics.
                                                And I guess Photoshop CS6 is awesome for editing some pictures and graphics.

                                                Pokemon BlazeRuby will be officially release on June 7th 2013, with new maps, and a few scripts...
                                                and will be uploaded on pokemonregen website.
                                                __________________
                                                Vergundai_ace_gailon
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #300    
                                                Old January 26th, 2013 (10:26 AM).
                                                thanethane98's Avatar
                                                thanethane98 thanethane98 is offline
                                                Self Proclaimed Expert
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Jun 2012
                                                  Nature: Relaxed
                                                  Posts: 82
                                                  I have to say, I really love how far this tool has come... But I really am terrible at navigating to the map I want to in this.
                                                  __________________
                                                  Back and ROM hacking again!
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                  Reply

                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Join the conversation!

                                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:10 AM.