• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
At first, I saw the official art and loved Fennekin and didn't really like Chespin or Froakie, but after seeing some fanart, I think they're all adorable. :)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yeah all of the starters are growing on me too. :3 I don't even know who to start out with~! I'm leaning on Fennekin, but the jury's still out on that one!

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Fennekin's definitely gonna be my starter for whichever game I play first :3b And then for the other game I'm currently leaning toward Froakie, but if it turns out its evos. don't appeal to me or Chespin's looks better, then I'll probably go with Chespin XD;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm a little hipster because I'm like "everyone loves Fennekin so I don't wanna use him that much" :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah Toujours, I feel the same. XD When I changed my theme to what I have now, I was just like "oh crap everyone has a fennekin theme...i'm unoriginal ):"

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Xerneas and Yveltal need more love :C I haven't seen as many themes for them as I have for the starters XD; The protags., too; I know they don't have as much fanart as the Pokemon, but I think there should be enough to make forum sets from~

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
What did your expect Syd? Regardless of what starter you gravitate too people are also going to make themes such as yours in droves. Me personally I don't jump to a single pokemon till I see the bulk of what is included. Like I thought Snivy was going to be Grass/Dragon so I was pumped then I saw it was going to just be a regular grass snake so I was like "Meh, I invested in liking this for nothing". Not to say I cared for Emboar or Samurott a whole lot either.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Though I really haven't changed my theme in years, I'm kind of wondering if I really should change to a Fennekin theme or not? 'Cause I'm still attached to my old theme, yet I still wonder if I should change it to Fennekin like everyone else? xD

Since Fennekin is my absolute favorite and I absolutely adored it from the trailer, now I feel like I'm just about to repeat myself over and over. xD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I considered changing mine but... I'm a Vaporeon at heart. :3

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
If you want to, go for it!

I'll probably keep this theme for a few days and then change to something else. The images were just too adorable to pass up on ;;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Save the gifs of their reveal and then use them once the game comes out. No one will think of it. :3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What did your expect Syd? Regardless of what starter you gravitate too people are also going to make themes such as yours in droves. Me personally I don't jump to a single pokemon till I see the bulk of what is included. Like I thought Snivy was going to be Grass/Dragon so I was pumped then I saw it was going to just be a regular grass snake so I was like "Meh, I invested in liking this for nothing". Not to say I cared for Emboar or Samurott a whole lot either.

Well regardless of if I like its evolutions or not, I still really like Fennekin. So even though a ton of people are using it in a theme, it's not hard to get over that and use one for myself. I really wanted to. And if I like the evolutions, that's even better! But I mean, I liked Oshawott last gen and had a theme of it, but I don't like Samurott at all. Plus, I'm impatient. Didn't you know I've imported the last three main games? :P Keke.

And I don't think there's as much art and such as Xerneas and Yveltal yet because they weren't very clearly shown the way the starters were, but I've seen a few around.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I changed my theme to match the season! xD

Well, my favourite is definitely that irresistibly adorable Fire Fox, but I think the others are equally adorable as well :3 Let's hope that their evolutions will really rock the Pokemon world! xD

Are any other new generation Pokemon known yet? I'm really looking forward to this~! <3

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
No other new Pokemon known yet :C It'll probably take at least a couple weeks for new ones to be revealed. Or until whenever the next issue of CoroCoro comes out, maybe XD

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Hey I have a thought. What if gen 6 gave you a main goal other than beating the elite four and becoming a champion. Like in the anime a coordinator's goal was to be victorious at the grand vestival. Not exactly like a pokemon contest, but some other option or goal that could broaden the horizons of different players.

Platinum Lucario

Years
I wonder, wouldn't be nice if Fennekin was the new mascot for Mozilla Firefox? xD

Yeah, I could imagine Fennekin being the Firefox on the globe logo. That would be fantastic. xD

Since nearly everyone (including me) is all about Fennekin at the moment. xD

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
There's actually a piece of fanart (well, Idk if you'd call it fanart; it's more like someone copy-pasted official images onto a black background) that puts Fennekin as Firefox, Chespin as Chrome, and Froakie as Internet Explorer XD;

As for deviating from the standard "BECOME THE CHAMPION" plot (still love BW for doing this), as much as I'd like for you to be able to choose different paths, I doubt it'll happen :C However, they could do something similar to BW where your main goal is to defeat the evil region or catch the legendary Pokemon or something.

Platinum Lucario

Years
There's actually a piece of fanart (well, Idk if you'd call it fanart; it's more like someone copy-pasted official images onto a black background) that puts Fennekin as Firefox, Chespin as Chrome, and Froakie as Internet Explorer XD;

Really? Wow, I didn't know. xD

I surely would like to see it, I could just imagine how it would look like. Makes sense that Froakie is really slow as Internet Explorer, while Chespin actually spins as much as Chrome's logo does, and Fennekin as powerful as a Firefox. xD

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
People are quick to act when new Pokemon are introduced. There are sooo many fanart on the new starters (especially Fennekin). I hope the final evolution of Fennekin doesn't look ugly, I would choose Froakie if that was the case. There are downloadable icons of Fennekin Firefox which replaces your default Mozilla Firefox symbol which is pretty neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back