• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone used web templates for making a website?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2019
Are they worth trying? I need some tools for making a web design for my website about computer games so I'm thinking about them. Or are there any better solutions?

Years
I mean, there's nothing wrong with using templates at all for a website. Lots of people (myself included) have a Wordpress theme in use that you could probably find elsewhere on a website that is irrelevant to what you're making.

And if you're not a fan of Wordpress, you could always go the paid route and use another CMS like Squarespace.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
Could always go the Bootstrap route too which I have found to be really helpful when I needed to throw a decent front end on a web project.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
If you're not handy with HTML and CSS, sure. Feel free to use a template. However, if you know how to build a site, it's much nicer to build something from scratch, and it's a lot more gratifying.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Oct 23, 2018
I use the website templates available at the website builder my website is registered on. I use the hPage.com Website Builder- https://www.hpage.com to create websites and so far I have no complaints since I am not very particular with designs but rather, the SEO optimisation of my content which their platform does quite well.

If you are not an expert at creating website templates, then just go for the website templates available with your website provider. Some of them aren't that bad .

AlexMills

pokemaster
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 16, 2021
it depends what you want for your site.
if you just need some sort of blog, it's great.

wordpress is very extensible with plugins and you can implement some pretty advanced functionality with it.

I think you'll be good with a CMS tbh

Back