• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do people pay so much for reverse holo trainers?

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Feb 24, 2018
Skyridge Oracle reverse-holo is being sold at extremely high price. I think more than 8 times the price when it first came out. When do people suddenly pay so much for it?

Oh one more thing, why do people collect shining pokemon. They are basically useless.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Not everyone buys cards to play them. They buy them to collect them, which is why the reverse trainers are also collected.

There are more collectors than there are actual players. Just because something is useless, does not mean that people don't want them. I my self have only played maybe 10 games, outside of the online game, in the past, but I still buy to collect. I could honestly careless about the game itself. I don't even pay attention to stats, hp or anything like that when looking at cards.

It is a set, people love collecting sets. The Shining Pokemon are also unique holo cards that you don't see much of.

Last edited:
Years
Skyridge Oracle reverse-holo is being sold at extremely high price. I think more than 8 times the price when it first came out. When do people suddenly pay so much for it?

Oh one more thing, why do people collect shining pokemon. They are basically useless.

So, actually Skyridge is a pretty rare set overall as sales of it were a bit low and it was one of the last sets Wizards of the Coast printed before The Pokemon Company took over printing the cards with the EX: Ruby & Sapphire set, so it also had a limited window of printing relative to most other sets. So cards from it tend to be more valuable as there's a smaller supply of them relative to other sets while the demand is still nearly as high as it is for other sets, if not higher.

As for the Shining Pokemon cards, if you're thinking about the Neo ones, they were actually pretty good for the era as a group, and they're pretty rare cards overall, and rarity more than usability tends to drive the prices for old cards more than anything else aside from the Pokemon on the card.

Back