• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Underground Hangout: Press "F" for jdthebud

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Come here you sexy little fella, I'm going to spank you and no desert for you get it....no desert.

7fddbe75642ff31d3dc99a8466fcee9d.jpg

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
Hello everyone. I'm just posting to say that I'm withdrawing myself from the skype chat, as the app, when downloaded, is making my phone unbearably hot.

TheCapsFan

Threat To Survival
Years
Okay Johnny, we shall write down your teachings in a book and form a secret order much like the Free Masons, so that generations later they can be interpreted and put to use.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
so if someone were to create a mafia with multiple (mafia) factions, how would one go about that? specifically, the ratios?
innos : mafia1 : mafia2 : cultist (1)

i remember in FDL each mafia faction could kill on alternating nights, and i suppose that is one way to go about it, but is it the best? are there any other multiple-mafia games that i could read for reference?

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
Years
Alright, I played my first game here, had lots of fun! So now its waiting until a new game opens up ;)
My day action is [highfive: Nagi]

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
so if someone were to create a mafia with multiple (mafia) factions, how would one go about that? specifically, the ratios?
innos : mafia1 : mafia2 : cultist (1)

i remember in FDL each mafia faction could kill on alternating nights, and i suppose that is one way to go about it, but is it the best? are there any other multiple-mafia games that i could read for reference?

The reason for that in FDL was because each faction was of equal size.

The other thing you could do is go with the normal mafia ratios of 1/3 or 1/4 of the game, and then make two mafias from that. For example, a 30 player game with a mafia of 1/3 would have two mafia with five people in it each. Keep in mind that this doesn't account for third party. So in that case, you could have four mafia in each plus the cultist.

If you're worried about too many people dying at once, you could make a role to balance it. In Faes & Legs, I have a Valkyrie role that makes it so that, so long as she is alive, only one person may die per night. But, at the same time, she can only successfully prevent more than one person from dying five times total, then she achieves a separate victory and the rampant killing commences, lol.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
The reason for that in FDL was because each faction was of equal size.

The other thing you could do is go with the normal mafia ratios of 1/3 or 1/4 of the game, and then make two mafias from that. For example, a 30 player game with a mafia of 1/3 would have two mafia with five people in it each. Keep in mind that this doesn't account for third party. So in that case, you could have four mafia in each plus the cultist.

If you're worried about too many people dying at once, you could make a role to balance it. In Faes & Legs, I have a Valkyrie role that makes it so that, so long as she is alive, only one person may die per night. But, at the same time, she can only successfully prevent more than one person from dying five times total, then she achieves a separate victory and the rampant killing commences, lol.

mm, i see. thank you for the feedback!

i suppose multiple mafia really are better suited to larger games though, huh. i was considering a game with 3 mafia per faction, and a cultist... for which i would need about 18-20 innocents then. it's just that in FDL i assume the two mafia factions didn't really go at each other much considering they were governed by the same ice goddess leader, but i fear having such small clashing mafia factions will kind of incapacitate them easily... since i wasn't going to put a limit on deaths per night regardless. it'd be a short game i guess xd

i guess expanding the cast with more 'nillas would be possible, but i'm always scared people won't be interested to play if they're role-less, haha

Back