• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Gray Topaz - Version 2 Ready!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2016
it's not in my c drive, it's on my USB. and when i go into the Gray Topaz v2 folder there is no save file. These are the file I see. Audio, fonts, graphics, game (application), game (config settings), game (RGSSAD file), gif.dll, RGSS102E.dll, RGSS104E.dll, and rubyscreen.dll

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 13, 2016
it's not in my c drive, it's on my USB. and when i go into the Gray Topaz v2 folder there is no save file. These are the file I see. Audio, fonts, graphics, game (application), game (config settings), game (RGSSAD file), gif.dll, RGSS102E.dll, RGSS104E.dll, and rubyscreen.dll

What is on your USB is the Game (and its file), not the save file. The save file is stored where i gave u the link of, Irrespective of Where you put the game. For Example my game is in the External Hard Disk, but the save file is stored in the place i gave u the link for.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2016
What is on your USB is the Game (and its file), not the save file. The save file is stored where i gave u the link of, Irrespective of Where you put the game. For Example my game is in the External Hard Disk, but the save file is stored in the place i gave u the link for.

I suspected that much. However, I don't think I have a save game folder. I tried using the search menu, but nothing came up.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 13, 2016
I suspected that much. However, I don't think I have a save game folder. I tried using the search menu, but nothing came up.

Why just u dont go to the destination that i told you. As long as you are a windows user and have saved the game 1 time, it will be there. Here is the Destination- C:\Users\(Your Account Name)\Saved Games\Gray Topaz v2

Years
So uhm I beat my 2 rivals at the beginning and when I go to talk to my dad, he doesn't give me running shoes but instead heals my pokemon. I really don't wanna walk the entire game so is there like a different kind of movement speed item I can get further into the game, but if not I would feel discouraged to play on.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 13, 2016
So uhm I beat my 2 rivals at the beginning and when I go to talk to my dad, he doesn't give me running shoes but instead heals my pokemon. I really don't wanna walk the entire game so is there like a different kind of movement speed item I can get further into the game, but if not I would feel discouraged to play on.

U get a bicycle later in the game (Mid Way). And if u havnt gone much far, then better restart the game, and talk to your dad right after u get your starter. Only after that go to the Rivals.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 26, 2016
Apparently I'm an idiot I cant get this game to start can someone put a setup guide up thanks

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Hey Dude, Can i make Walkthrough Videos on this at my YouTube Channel?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
When I start game.exe the game immediately closes. What can I do?
Apparently I'm an idiot I cant get this game to start can someone put a setup guide up thanks
Things to consider:
• Did you unzip the file? If you try to open it from winrar, it won't work. You have to extract it onto your computer.
• Did you try redownloading? It's possible something went wrong the first time.
• Did you try running it as admin? Some computers are weird like that.

That's all I can think of in terms of troubleshooting. Hope it helps. OTL

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Aug 9, 2018
Sucker Punch works differently in this game on purpose?
It's very OP in my opinion... or maybe it's a bug? None of my Pokemon have it but I did get crushed by Pokemon Breeder Galen (route 655) on a rematch call. Her Raticate was spamming Hyper Fang so I switched to my Ghost-type and she used Sucker Punch which not only did it NOT fail but it almost killed my pokemon... then I used Confuse Ray and she also used Sucker Punch which again did not fail and killed my pokemon :-P
So is it a bug? or did you just change it on purpose?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 5, 2016
How do i evolve electabuzz? I tried lvling him up with an electirizer but it didn't evolve =/

Edit// alright, so it evolves by lvling it up during the night. very confusing^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
Sucker Punch works differently in this game on purpose?
It's very OP in my opinion... or maybe it's a bug? None of my Pokemon have it but I did get crushed by Pokemon Breeder Galen (route 655) on a rematch call. Her Raticate was spamming Hyper Fang so I switched to my Ghost-type and she used Sucker Punch which not only did it NOT fail but it almost killed my pokemon... then I used Confuse Ray and she also used Sucker Punch which again did not fail and killed my pokemon :-P
So is it a bug? or did you just change it on purpose?
Sucker Punch is a Dark-type move. Ghosts are weak to dark. It sounds like you assumed Sucker Punch was a Normal-type move.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
I haven't found this anywhere on the net but I'm sure SOMEONE has dealt with it: How do you play this on mac? Has anyone successfully made a wine port? I tried and it didn't work. @Rosile

Years
I've played this game for the third time now and each time, I've been introduced to a gamebreaking bug that makes the map completely invisible. The only visible things are NPCs and the background. It's a real shame because this seems like a great game, but, again, I keep losing interest in completing the game due to this issue. I see no way to fix this myself, so I either have to start the game over each time or walk around blindly for the rest of the game.

Back