• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Leon's DPE + CFRU Base and Ultimate Rom Base

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 24, 2023
There's something wrong with your Ferroseed importable file. After importing it, I get an error every time I access it saying it's unable to read beyond the end of them stream. and then got a bunch more errors. I tested it again on a fresh patch and importing over a different Pokemon, and got the same result.

It looks like Ferroseed had a wierd base happiness value for some reason. PGE doesn't seem to like that.
It should work if you replace the BaseStats string in Ferroseed's ini with this one.
BaseStats=2C325B0A18560C08FF3D1000000000007F144600070A7B0000000000

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
It looks like Ferroseed had a wierd base happiness value for some reason. PGE doesn't seem to like that.
It should work if you replace the BaseStats string in Ferroseed's ini with this one.
Ah, I see. That makes sense. I managed to fix it myself by just making my own Ferroseed in another rom and importing it by naming it the number it's supposed to be and using the import all Pokemon button.

Right now, my main problem is using Advance Map breaks compatibility with PGE somehow.

Years
  • Age 84
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023

Beheeyem's stats are also messed up and causing PGE to crash. In case anyone needs it, change the ini accordingly.
BaseStats=4B4B4B287D5F0E0E5AAA0001000000007F14460008081C7D00000000

Years
  • Age 84
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
So, I did everything by the book, used a clean rom, removed the new pickup mechanic and made sure to uncheck JPAN's save block, still the national pokédex keep on crashing the game everytime I open it. Why?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
Something else I feel I should mention. I opened this patch in Overworld Manager, and the main hero's walking and running sprites are completely missing. The list starts with the bike.
Also, whenever I try inserting sprite sheets, while it looks fine in the program, doesn't load any overworlds in game and the main hero flickers in and out.

Years
  • Age 84
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
So, I did everything by the book, used a clean rom, removed the new pickup mechanic and made sure to uncheck JPAN's save block, still the national pokédex keep on crashing the game everytime I open it. Why?

Nevermind, I just noticed I was using the old patch before you update it, but it seems the pokédex crash is happening due to the importing of pokémon to PGE, not from the expansion itself, I have yet to figure out what is causing it.

Edit: Figured it out, it's because the alternate forms pokémon were assigned the same Hoenn dex number as the original forms. Not sure if this was a common issue before, but at least it's the issue with this particular rombase.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
I just did a test with Overworld Manager on a different rom, and I didn't get the same issues I was getting on the rom base.
I was really looking forward to using this rom base, so it's a bit of a shame that it's got some issues. I hope things get sorted out.

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
I just did a test with Overworld Manager on a different rom, and I didn't get the same issues I was getting on the rom base.
I was really looking forward to using this rom base, so it's a bit of a shame that it's got some issues. I hope things get sorted out.

I have not heard of anyone else reporting this issue, and checking myself with a fresh download I cannot recreate your issue. Firstly, are you sure you are using a clean rom, 1636- Squirrels? I know it seems like a stupid question but believe me 70% of the reports I've gotten stemmed from using the wrong download.
If you do indeed have that, then what I could do is send you a file containing my exact copy of Kimonas's Overworld Manager.

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Nevermind, I just noticed I was using the old patch before you update it, but it seems the pokédex crash is happening due to the importing of pokémon to PGE, not from the expansion itself, I have yet to figure out what is causing it.

Edit: Figured it out, it's because the alternate forms pokémon were assigned the same Hoenn dex number as the original forms. Not sure if this was a common issue before, but at least it's the issue with this particular rombase.

I was not aware that would create an issue. I decided to keep Alternate forms with the same dex number for organizations sake. Since many people would want to pick and choose what pokemon they want to use rather than just inserting all of them, I assumed they'd also edit the dex number in order to build a sort of custom Pokedex. I probably should have clarified better in this case and most likely this can be solved by simply changing the number.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
I have not heard of anyone else reporting this issue, and checking myself with a fresh download I cannot recreate your issue. Firstly, are you sure you are using a clean rom, 1636- Squirrels? I know it seems like a stupid question but believe me 70% of the reports I've gotten stemmed from using the wrong download.
If you do indeed have that, then what I could do is send you a file containing my exact copy of Kimonas's Overworld Manager.
Yes, I am using squirrels. And I understand, I was one of those who wasn't using the right rom earlier when I was reporting other bugs. I recently joined your discord, so if you'd like, we can talk there?

Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 26, 2020
Very cool, I am going to restart my project with this base.

I have never used PGE to add a lot of Pokemon at once before, but I would like to add all of Gen 4 from the add-on pack.
I tried using "Import All Pokemon" and selecting the folder with the PGE importable files, but it hasn't seemed to work, it adds no new data, so I am doing something wrong and can't seem to find a post about it anywhere.
I expanded the number and stuff already. It just does not change the entries from empty ??? entries to ones with any data.

To be clear: I understand the process for doing it individually and adding sprites etc. but I am missing a step or something here to add an entire pack at one time.

Thanks. :)

Years
  • Age 84
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
Very cool, I am going to restart my project with this base.

I have never used PGE to add a lot of Pokemon at once before, but I would like to add all of Gen 4 from the add-on pack.
I tried using "Import All Pokemon" and selecting the folder with the PGE importable files, but it hasn't seemed to work, it adds no new data, so I am doing something wrong and can't seem to find a post about it anywhere.
I expanded the number and stuff already. It just does not change the entries from empty ??? entries to ones with any data.

To be clear: I understand the process for doing it individually and adding sprites etc. but I am missing a step or something here to add an entire pack at one time.

Thanks. :)

To import all PGE files at once, each file needs to be renamed with the index number of the pokémon (not be confused with the Pokédex number). For example, if you want Turtwig to be placed in the index number 440, which is usually where people put it as it comes right after the Hoenn slots, you have to rename the ini file of Turtwig from the expansion packs to "440" and nothing else besides the number in the file name, so Grottle would have to be 441, Torterra 442, and so on...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 84
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
I was not aware that would create an issue. I decided to keep Alternate forms with the same dex number for organizations sake. Since many people would want to pick and choose what pokemon they want to use rather than just inserting all of them, I assumed they'd also edit the dex number in order to build a sort of custom Pokedex. I probably should have clarified better in this case and most likely this can be solved by simply changing the number.

Ok, so I just bumped into another bug. For some reason, starting somewhere in between the middle of Unova, any Pokémon from that point is not registering on the Pokédex. The national dex opens just fine and you can use these Pokémon without a problem. It's like the dex is limited to only show a certain numbers of entries, even though I've expanded the number of entries to 999. Any idea of what that could be?

Edit: It has something to do with JPAN's Save Block. It can be fixed by using the Save Block removal patch and then checking the option to install the Save Block on PGE during expansion. Of course you can't do this after expanding the number of pokémon, so all my initial work was lost and I'll have to start over again...

Last edited:
Years
Ok, so I just bumped into another bug. For some reason, starting somewhere in between the middle of Unova, any Pokémon from that point is not registering on the Pokédex. The national dex opens just fine and you can use these Pokémon without a problem. It's like the dex is limited to only show a certain numbers of entries, even though I've expanded the number of entries to 999. Any idea of what that could be?

Edit: It has something to do with JPAN's Save Block. It can be fixed by using the Save Block removal patch and then checking the option to install the Save Block on PGE during expansion. Of course you can't do this after expanding the number of pokémon, so all my initial work was lost and I'll have to start over again...
Have you done any more testing to confirm that everything is fine after you've used the Remove Block saved patch? He was bursting with rage to find what was causing it.

Years
  • Age 84
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
Have you done any more testing to confirm that everything is fine after you've used the Remove Block saved patch? He was bursting with rage to find what was causing it.

So far, I haven't found any other issues.

Years
So far, I haven't found any other issues.
I patch a clear rom, used new mechanics remove patch, Remove Bag Expansion+JPAN Patch too
But if I edit the name of any pokemon, or add / replace data like what level it will evolve or what item it will hold, the pokedex will not open in the game. This version is giving a lot of headache. I give up
I will give up using this version and wait for a new release.
Have you edited the name of some pokemon to see if the pokedex will give errors?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 84
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
I patch a clear rom, used new mechanics remove patch, Remove Bag Expansion+JPAN Patch too
But if I edit the name of any pokemon, or add / replace data like what level it will evolve or what item it will hold, the pokedex will not open in the game. This version is giving a lot of headache. I give up
I will give up using this version and wait for a new release.
Have you edited the name of some pokemon to see if the pokedex will give errors?

Is this before or after expanding Pokémon?

Edit: It's true. Pokédex is not opening for me either. :| I don't think there will be another release tho...

Last edited:
Years
Is this before or after expanding Pokémon?

Edit: It's true. Pokédex is not opening for me either. :| I don't think there will be another release tho...

I found the issue. It's the roms.ini to be replaced in the PGE ini's folder. The ammount of evolutions it was to be 32, Leon accidentally nerfed to 16 without using a new offset. To proof i use an outdated roms.ini of a previous version of the Leon's base and works fine to me. ( U MUST USE THE ROMS.INI OUTDATED IF U HAVE ON THE NEW PATCH ROM, REPLACE WITH ROMS.INI IN YOUR PGE INI'S FOLDER TO OPEN THE ROM AND EXPAND POKEMON DATA)
In the previous roms.ini the ammount of evolutions is 8, not bad, Eevee is supported.
Tonight or tomorrow, Leon will release a fix to this issue.
PS: I do not know if it is the ammount of evolutions (Wrong offset) OR The mega evolution method is creating a glitch in the pokedex, these are the only options that seem to be the problem.

Last edited:

Vexio

Vexio
Years
I've been getting a NUPS Error when attempting to patch the HGSS Music Patch on a clean FR 1.0 ROM.

fraks.png

When the option "Ignore" is selected, it works (like it should), but when opening the ROM, the game does not work, game starts with just a white screen.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
Vexio;9971417]I've been getting a NUPS Error when attempting to patch the HGSS Music Patch on a clean FR 1.0 ROM.

fraks.png

When the option "Ignore" is selected, it works (like it should), but when opening the ROM, the game does not work, game starts with just a white screen.

Read the instructions for the music patches that he provided.
Also, make sure you apply the Ultimate Rom Base patch to the rom first, then follow these instructions.
How To Apply Music Patches:

The base comes prepackaged with Squeetz's music patch.
In order to use the HGSS or BW patches, you must apply the Squeetz undo patch. (As well as if you want to customize your own music)

To use the BW/HGSS patches, you must expand your rom to 32MB, then apply them. The BW patch uses significantly more space as well.

For more info on either of these, see the notes included with their patches, and see these links:

HGSS- https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9899164&postcount=261
and https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=308411

BW- https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=40225

Back