• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] *+:。♡.。The Fairy Type Club。.♡。:+*

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
Years
Do you like using Mawile more or less now that it's Fairy type as well as Steel? I'm contemplating using it in Ultra Moon :3

Well, I liked Mawile anyway, even before it gained a new typing. I think what made it really viable is it's mega evolution and huge power, so either way gen 6 boosted Mawile a lot

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Mawile and Klefki, from a typing standpoint, are incredibly powerful. Fairy types are weak to Poison and Steel and yet being part Steel Type is like a match made in heaven. Steel removes the Poison vulnerability for Fairy Types while cutting its Steel vulnerability in half(since Steel resists itself). Conversely, the Fairy Typing cuts one of Steel's biggest weaknesses in Fighting, leaving only Ground and Fire as it's weaknesses. The only thing that would make it even more OP is if it had Levitate to remove Ground vulnerability(which wouldn't help against Mold Breaker opponents like Haxorus. Thankfully, you're immune to Dragon moves).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Rika, I will add you as soon as I'm not on mobile. Coding on this bloody thing would surely be a pain, ahhh. m(¬0¬)m

Also I vote for a Mega-Klefki with Levitate. Though to be fair, Prankster is still pretty fantastic. Especially with Spike support or Thunder Wave. But Levitate would make it the Eelektross clone all over again, barring Mold Breaker like you said. But hey, you could still run Magnet Rise if it's that much of a worry!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Rika, I will add you as soon as I'm not on mobile. Coding on this bloody thing would surely be a pain, ahhh. m(¬0¬)m

Also I vote for a Mega-Klefki with Levitate. Though to be fair, Prankster is still pretty fantastic. Especially with Spike support or Thunder Wave. But Levitate would make it the Eelektross clone all over again, barring Mold Breaker like you said. But hey, you could still run Magnet Rise if it's that much of a worry!

For Magnet Rise to work though you'd have to outspeed your opponent or have the stats to tank a Ground Hit. Unfortunately Mawile's Speed sucks(50, even in Mega form) and Klefki is average at 75. Haxorus has 97 Speed so even a non-STAB Earthquake would do some damage before you're able to use the move. Even if you did manage to pull off Magnet Rise, Dragons typically have Fire moves to combat Ice Types so once you're in your weakened state, all it takes is one Fire move and your toast. Combine that with the fact that their stats just aren't that impressive. Mega Mawile doesn't even crack 500 BST and Klefki hits 470(respectable but not top tier). If these two Pokémon got a real buff, then they'd see far more use in competitive Tournaments thanks to their typing alone in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
For Magnet Rise to work though you'd have to outspeed your opponent or have the stats to tank a Ground Hit. Unfortunately Mawile's Speed sucks(50, even in Mega form) and Klefki is average at 75. Haxorus has 97 Speed so even a non-STAB Earthquake would do some damage before you're able to use the move. Even if you did manage to pull off Magnet Rise, Dragons typically have Fire moves to combat Ice Types so once you're in your weakened state, all it takes is one Fire move and your toast. Combine that with the fact that their stats just aren't that impressive. Mega Mawile doesn't even crack 500 BST and Klefki hits 470(respectable but not top tier). If these two Pokémon got a real buff, then they'd see far more use in competitive Tournaments thanks to their typing alone in my opinion.

Mega Mawile has the highest attack stat in the game factoring in huge power, even higher than Mega Medicham, Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Heracross and was banned in sixth gen smogon. Mawile's mega alone is an enormous buff that many pokemon would only dream of. Klefki has a good movepool and prankster and was deadly annoying with Swagger and Foul Play which is the reason Smogon banned swagger as expected.

They fair decently in competitive, even with the pandering power creep of gen 7. They don't really desperately need buffs compared to a lot of other pokemon. Also BST isn't everything, what matters is stat distribution. Look at the UBs, they pretty much almost min max all their stats to be competitive mindless tools. And their BST is less than pseudo legendaries.

Last edited:

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
Years
Since there is a high probability that we will get Gen 8 this year, may I ask what all of you are hoping for it? I'm a simple man, all I really want are some adorable Fairy Types to fawn over. As well as a bit more focus on the more loyal audience, not trying to bring in new fans. Maybe the return of old fan favourites? A harder difficulty, or at least a choice?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'd like to see two things. 1) Breathe some new life into Psychic Types by giving them an advantage over Fairy Types. This would, in effect, create a new Rock, Paper, Scissor triangle with Dark beating Psychic, Psychic beating Fairy and Fairy beating Dark. 2) Consider changing the starter dynamic by having a different trio of Pokémon types. Namely instead of Fire, Grass and Water, the new region favors a Flying, Rock, Fighting trio for example. The new dynamic in idea #1 would definitely be interesting in idea #2 as starting with a Fairy Type would be awesome.

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
Years
I'd like to see two things. 1) Breathe some new life into Psychic Types by giving them an advantage over Fairy Types. This would, in effect, create a new Rock, Paper, Scissor triangle with Dark beating Psychic, Psychic beating Fairy and Fairy beating Dark. 2) Consider changing the starter dynamic by having a different trio of Pokémon types. Namely instead of Fire, Grass and Water, the new region favors a Flying, Rock, Fighting trio for example. The new dynamic in idea #1 would definitely be interesting in idea #2 as starting with a Fairy Type would be awesome.

Ohhh, but they have never really cganged typings past the Generation they were introduced.. Even if they did, Psychic types are already pretty strong so I don't feel like they need it.

The second point, many people have said they wanted a new starter trio, but remember. The game is directed at children mainly, and for new players whose first game is that one, then the Rock, Flying and Fighting would be difficult to get used to. But Fire, Grass and water is something that everyone can understand. Plus the F, G, and W trio is just too iconic, so I don't believe they would do that.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I actually hope they subvert our expectations of exclusively cute/precious Fairy types. Not that I don't want some more cute fairies but I think throwing in one badass fairy wouldn't hurt! :')

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
A friend of mine and I have been working on designing some fakemons and our fire type starter is part fairy type. It's a frankenstein looking thing. The designs are still being worked on but I would love to see more designs like this in the future.

Spoiler:

I'd also like to see a dark/fairy type in the future. Mimikyu, one of my favorite fairy types, is awesome as a ghost/fairy so I'd love to see the dark types get some love too. It'd be good fodder for a creepier fairy type.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oooooo I love the whole pink chimera aesthetic going on there! :o Would definitely love to see that realized as a true starter! This is exactly the kind of design I was talking about in my last post.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Yeah my friend and I were definitely thinking along the darker fairy side of things with this. Cute fairies are fun, but fairies in mythology are tricksters and arguably evil so it only makes sense there should be some darker themed fairy types.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Yeah my friend and I were definitely thinking along the darker fairy side of things with this. Cute fairies are fun, but fairies in mythology are tricksters and arguably evil so it only makes sense there should be some darker themed fairy types.

Like Puck in Midsummer Night's Dream? Could also add the fairies from Majora's Mask if we're being very vague on the subject lol.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I was thinking moreso the former than the latter.

Ok here's my Dark/Fairy Pokemon... Keep in mind its nothing original or anything but it's something lmao.

Name: Mitzi
Species: Archangel Pokemon
Type:Dark/Fairy
Ability: Levitate

Base Stats: 350
HP: 60
Attack: 40
Defense: 40
Special Attack: 70
Special Defense: 80
Speed: 60

Evolves into Maleficent <- copyright I know but its a damn good name no?

Name: Maleficent
Species: Archangel
Type: Dark/Fairy
Ability: Levitate

Base Stats: 550
HP: 80
Attack: 70
Defense: 80
Special Attack: 110
Special Defense: 120
Speed: 90

What you think?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hah, well the name of it wasn't set in stone. Dark/Fairy would be a pretty wicked combo though. Dark's weakness is Fairy, Bug and Fighting while Fairy gets hurt by Poison and Steel. Fortunately, Fairy reduces two of Dark's weaknesses(Bug and Fighting) but Dark doesn't do anything for Fairy's vulnerability. That said... you get two immunities(Dragon and Psychic) and a few notable resistances(Dark(1/4) and Ghost(1/2)). Everything else is x1 save for the noted vulnerabilities in Fairy, Steel and Poison. The ability in Levitate yields it an additional immunity to Ground Type moves except against opponents with Mold Breaker.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
The neutral resistances and immunities alone would make it tank, provided it has stats to back it up. Imagine a bulky Fairy/Dark with a stat distribution like Ferrothorn.

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
Years
That Chimera Fire/Fairy type would probably be the only fire starter I would pick on a first run. And not just due to it being a fairy type.

We don't really have many bulky fairy type's do we? Personally, I would love any kind of love given to the fairy type though. If a Triple typed Pokemon existed, is there any way to make it have no weaknesses? The only Pokemon with no weaknesses we got were Sableye and Spiritomb. But after the amazing fairy type was introduced, that Spiritomb/Wonderguard combo is no longer as viable

Back