• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Surprisingly effective

Years
In the context of OU primarily (but feel free to throw in some other stuff too), what are some generally bad 'mon that can fill a certain role or roles on a team surprisingly well?

Sirfetch’d

I think Gastrodon is a prime example of this. While I don't think anyone has ever considered it a horrible Pokemon, it certainly doesn't look like a Pokemon that can thrive in the OU environment. But it can! With it's typing and decent bulk, it serves as a great check to Koko, Diancie, Heatran, and many other powerful Pokemon.

Years
I think Gastrodon is a prime example of this. While I don't think anyone has ever considered it a horrible Pokemon, it certainly doesn't look like a Pokemon that can thrive in the OU environment. But it can! With it's typing and decent bulk, it serves as a great check to Koko, Diancie, Heatran, and many other powerful Pokemon.

I was completely floored when I saw Gastrodon has ascended to OU. I really do need to give it a try.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Mamoswine. This thing is so strong and has excellent typing and a decent Ability. Its dual STABs are almost unresisted and it hits like a truck. Pair this with Magnezone and you have a good offensive core already. Not to mention that it gets Ice Shard and Knock Off, and is faster than Heatran (which is super strong too).

Back