• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Millennium

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaman d

novice scripter
Years
the pixeled fish is missing it's teeth. The toot' is coot and fish want back the toot.
great work! would look forward to more of those pixelated fish

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Feb 23, 2018
Ayyyy game looks great so far! i think i could have a go at making trainer sprites for gym leaders and normal trainers.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Feb 23, 2018
If you think you can help, I'd love to see some examples please! Thank you.
I unfortunately can not provide you a link to the sprites due to me not making 5 posts. but my name on deviant art is Champion Sonic.
There is a good chunk of sprites i posted there!

~Angel~

Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium
Years

Hiya everyone! It's been ages since I last posted on this thread about the game and it's overall updates! So, here's a start for you.

The Graphics Overhaul

[h2][/h2]
seren_island_by_fohlenetech-dbkq82f.png

The game has gone through an overhaul and modification starting with the first location in the game, Seren Island. The island now has more unique buildings and a better layout than before, and personally, I like it a whole lot more (thanks to our designer Stec for the update to the island and the graphics change!) It looks a lot better, no? I'm super glad with the look and design of the island in a whole now, and I can't wait to show more, but for now this is all I really have on terms of showing off to you guys.

Please remember we're also looking for new members to join our team in order to make the game progress a lot farther than it is currently. Here's a list of what we're searching for.

1. We're currently in the need of spriters. These spriters will be tasked with making overworlds for characters and Pokemon. The Pokemon are fakemon developed by the team and mainly Sera. Sera has done a great job designing all of these and it would be nice to be able to get them done in game fully!

1.5. Spriters will also be tasked with making battle sprites for the fakemon as well!

2. A Scritper, having two scripters would be lovely, currently the one we have out of the bunch is M3rein who is also caught up on a bunch of other things.We would love to have another one who can do advanced things, clean up code, modify existing codes, and so on.

3. Tilers. Or.. Tileset creators? Whatever you wanna call them. We're looking for people who would be willing to work on making Gen 4 style overworlds in a Pseudo-3D style. These would be new tiles specifically for maps without tiles or a proper set up.

4. Animator(s). We're looking for an animator for the game as well, these animators will be tasked with animating Pokemon sprites in battle, this means Gen 6/7 if we decide to include it, but this also includes the fakemon currently being worked on. Trainers will need animations as well! - Looking for more than one.

Show your support!
Join in on the development!
My information: Grace#4860
Or in the group for the game itself!
https://discord.gg/HSK8bNM

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 26, 2023
when you begin to release the game may i please record myself playing the game on my youtube channel

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Hey, it's PKMN here, with a quick little update saying that we're in search of someone who would be willing to do things like overworlds, tiles, along with in game battle sprites, and animation. If that's you, then come join the discord located below and sign up! Hope to see you here soon! :)

Discord: https://discord.gg/HSK8bNM

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 8, 2023
the game looks amazing and I can't wait for the release but also I don't mean this in a negative way but you may want to re-think the online capabilities as that's part of the reason pokemon uranium was shut down so fast

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 22, 2021
I was wondering if you could give any more information on the story. It seems similar to a traditional 8 gyms and an evil team kind of mold. It's not a bad thing there are so many other fan games that use this mold, what makes yours different.
Team Luminous seems like it's the evil team but it doesn't seem like an evil team but more so an activist group for pokemon that will force their ideas. Why is this team threatening? What will happen if they achieve their goal? I don't need you to answer these questions but those are the thoughts that go through my head. Maybe I'm just being picky on the story, but don't forget about it.
Your game so far looks really good and polished but it's not the only thing that matters. I am interested to see what else you do with the UIs.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
I was wondering if you could give any more information on the story. It seems similar to a traditional 8 gyms and an evil team kind of mold. It's not a bad thing there are so many other fan games that use this mold, what makes yours different.
Team Luminous seems like it's the evil team but it doesn't seem like an evil team but more so an activist group for pokemon that will force their ideas. Why is this team threatening? What will happen if they achieve their goal? I don't need you to answer these questions but those are the thoughts that go through my head. Maybe I'm just being picky on the story, but don't forget about it.
Your game so far looks really good and polished but it's not the only thing that matters. I am interested to see what else you do with the UIs.

I really would love to answer you directly, but I can't at the moment, so I will say that we are hoping to have an update sometime in the near future! Also, thank you for believing us!

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
the game looks amazing and I can't wait for the release but also I don't mean this in a negative way but you may want to re-think the online capabilities as that's part of the reason pokemon uranium was shut down so fast

Yes, thank you for the compliment! On that subject, we have been debating internally about whether to have online. Thank you for the warning! :)

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018

Hiya everyone! It's been a while, huh? Well, I have some new content to show you!

Team Luminous' Symbol

[h2][/h2]
tle_by_pkmnmillenniumdevs-dcdthjj.jpg

Some of the people of Seren Island have occasionally seen this strange symbol being worn by members of Team Luminous, yet it is currently unknown why they wear it or what they are after. All they know is that Team Luminous needs to be stopped.

The Dynamic Duo

[h2][/h2]
unknown_by_pkmnmillenniumdevs-dcdthkr.png

And that's where these two come in. As you can see, the two main characters have gone through a redesign since last you saw them, which is some exciting stuff.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's all for screenshots, but I do have two things to share before I wrap up this post. First, we have updated the UI again, but it's not complete enough to where we would feel comfortable showing it. Also, the game will have an adjustable screen size, which I am not showing screenshots of for the same reason as the former.

Thank you for supporting our game, this has been PKMN03. See you guys around.

Show your support!
Join in on the development!
My information: PKMN03#2867
Or in the group for the game itself!
https://discord.gg/HSK8bNM
Or support us on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/PKMillenniumDev

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2020
holy heck this looks amazing :D will look forward to the relese

Years
is this game still alive

I am afraid not, as this game was never a living thing in the first place, but if you were talking about if it was still being worked on, then i am also afraid that I have no information on that subject, the best way to figure this out is you wait a couple years, and if no updates happen within at least 5 years, then it is not being worked on anymore, and 5 years is basically a week, it will pass in no time at all, so fear not fellow human, we shall wait this out, no matter how long it takes, may time be on are side!

Lucaryka

- Silence Speaks -
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 20, 2021
All your comments are scaring me because I REALLY hope this is still alive.😅

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back