• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Eviolite

Years
There's no denying that the 5th generation introduced some useful new items for your pokemon to hold, air balloon, rocky helmet, the binding band, gems. One such item that I definitely have used is eviolite, the hold item which boosts the defense and special defense of an unevolved pokemon while in battle.

With the help of eviolite some pre-evolutions can be strong Pokemon in their own right and an alternative to their final form. There's Scyther, Chansey, Rhydon, Dusclops for instance just to name some popular eviolite users.

What do you think of eviolite? Is it something perhaps that you incorporated into your team?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
I don't use Eviolite, but I can see the appeal. Personally I would rather use a fully evolved team. I don't like it as a hold item in competitive either, because of Knock-Off.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
It does justice to some former fully evolved Pokemon, but one problem I have is that it makes some pokemon outclass their evos like Chansey with Blissey.

I used it with Murkrow, Gligar and Porygon2 and it helps out my favorite former fully evolved pokemon so I like it more than not though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
As someone that only just got into competitive after gen 5 hit... I loved it! :) I thought it was absolutely the best thing ever - making Duosion awesome? Yesssss please! I absolutely used it in all my Unova playthroughs lol I was a Herdier user... so it kiiinda helped.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
A very unique item that changed the metagame quite, making Chansey and Porygon-2 (amongst others) more viable than their evolutions. I haven't used it in my own playthroughs yet because I always fully evolve my Pokémon, but maybe I'll give it to Flaaffy in Black 2 sometime.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
What I liked about Porygon2 and Z is that with eviolite Porygon2 had a different role than Porygon-Z and did not completely outclass it. Chansey straight up outclasses Blissey which sucks cause I like Blissey.

Back