• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my OU noobishness please!

Ebrithil.

The Uber Tier Idiot
Years
Don't hold back on the noob team destruction, i didn't post this for compliments.
Well here goes:

Adamant Metagross @ occa berry
Stats = 364/401/299/201/216/175
Stealth rock/ EQ/ bullet punch/ explosion
236 att/ 12 def/ 8spe and 252 HP

Typical meta lead, yanno what he does.
OR! Might replace with:
Forretress @ Shed Bell
Relaxed
252 DEf, and (i think) 252 hp with the rest in attack
Spikes/ Stealth Rock/ Gyro Ball/ Rapid Spin
I had a real hard time with Spikes + SR so i was thinking this guy could solve that??
Ninjask @ leftovers
Jolly
307/ 279/ 126/ 122/ 136/ 413
Substitute/ X-scissor/ Swords Dance/ Baton Pass
I never got told his EVs but it looks like: 252 Spe, 126 attack? and 126 HP?

Standard baton passer (may be swapping for heatran, he has been criticised and i didn't find him very useful in battle)

Gengar @ life orb
Timid
235/ 126/ 133/ 359/ 165/ 349
Tbolt/ Shadow Ball/ Focus Blast/ Explosion
252 SpAtt/ 252 Speed/ 4 hp.

Special sweeper

Breloom @ toxic Orb
Adamant
260/ 394/ 187/ 135/ 156/ 234
Spore/ seed bomb/ substitute/ focus punch
SporePuncher and general pain in the ass.

Salamence @ Yiachie (forgot spelling xD)
Adamant
252 Att/ 252 Speed and 4hp ( i think =S)
Dragon Claw/ Dragon Dance/ EQ/ Crunch
Physical sweeper

Blissey @ leftovers
Bold
714/ 50/ 61/ 186/ 369/ 147
Serene grace :/
Toxic/ Softboiled/ aromatherapy/ flamethrower
252hp, 252 SpDef
(you're right, really needs some normal defence, OHKO'ed last fight ;.;, including SR/Spike DMG i took)
Special wall/stall/cleric
Unfortunately i dont have a wish bliss ;.;

Ok, now destroy me! :)
Ninjask has been replaced with Umbreon
Mean look/ wish/ baton pass/ toxic
EVd - 252 SpDef, 16-something HP and 88 Speed

I might replace umbreon with heatran like was suggested.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
We need EVs not stats :(

And if you replace something please edit your team accordingly otherwise people will just end up rating the original team.

One thing, Blissey needs 252 EVs in defense, not HP. Otherwise it can't take weaker physical hits which lowers its usefulness. Use 252 Defense / 80 Sp Att / 176 Sp Defense. Honestly though I'd run Wish on Blissey, not Umbreon, who is horrible Scizor-bait, which your team is really weak to to being with.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Ninjask seems to be dead weight here; it isn't effective at doing its job at all due to Roar or Whirlwind and Taunt being on pretty every team, and Stealth Rock damage doesn't help at all. In addition, nothing appreciates its boosts bar Dragonite. However, if you do want to use a Baton Pass strategy, I suggest using something like Dual Screen Azelf -> Baton Pass Gliscor -> sweeper. Without Gliscor, it's a pretty poor and easy to beat strategy.

Use Hidden Power Fire instead of Thunderbolt or Explosion for Gengar, your team has problems with it so luring it on the switch would be useful. It also helps with Forretress so you don't have to rely on Focus Blast's poor accuracy to defeat it. However, if you dislike trying to predict a switch in, use Shadow Ball / Focus Blast / HP Fire / Protect. With Protect, you can scout if its moves; if it uses Bullet Punch, you can switch, or if it uses Pursuit, you can use HP Fire and OHKO it.

If it's not possible to get HP Fire on Gengar, then I think replacing Ninjask with Heatran would solve your Scizor problems. Furthermore, it has pretty good synergy with your team; Breloom likes switching into some Water-types (depends), and Heatran can lure in and KO Blissey and Snorlax to hopefully open up a Gengar sweep (and vice versa). Then, using Stone Edge > Seed Bomb for Breloom would help with Flying-types like Gyarados and Salamence, since Heatran loves to switch into the Rotom formes anyway. You also already have Gengar for Gliscor, so there really is no reason to use Seed Bomb now. Swampert may be an issue however, but you can sneak Heatran in while it Ice Beams then KO it with HP Grass or just Toxicate it with Blissey.

Heatran @ Life Orb
Timid | 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Grass
- Explosion

Earth Power to defeat Fire-types, Tyranitar, etc; Hidden Power Grass 2HKOs most Water-types; and Explosion is to OHKO Blissey and Snorlax. Explosion is a guaranteed KO on Bliss, and standard CurseLax is KOed ~74% of the time (both with SR up). You can use Naive nature if you want to always KO Lax, but it isn't worth lowering your SpD imo. If you can't get HP Grass...all I can think of is use Dragon Pulse.

Short version:

- HP Fire and/or Protect on Gengar
- If HP Fire Gengar is not possible (even if it is, I still think Heatran would be more useful than Ninjask), replace Ninjask with Life Orb Heatran
- Stone Edge > Seed Bomb for Breloom if you use Heatran

Also, it's helpful if you can post EVs, we can't rate as well without knowing them.

Ebrithil.

The Uber Tier Idiot
Years
Think forretress will be a good replacement for metagross??

It doesnt have any sweeping capabilities but entry hazards tear my team up. :/

I'm interested in heatran, i'll have to try and get one.
Not sure what my gengars HIdden power is. :/

Blissey didnt do much for me in my last battle, i might try the ev spread mentioned above or swap it for something else.

Maybe a wish vaporeon?

Maybe a heatwave zapdos instead of heatran??

Fillllllllllllllllllllllllllz-

Gengars HP is Fire, power 69.

Without Tbolt who will deal with gyarados?
Seed bomb breloom?

Might just go with HP fire and protect, though i will be sad to see exlosion go

Fiiilllllllllsssssssssooooooorrrrrr

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Don't use Heatran. You have a Dragon Dancing Salamence on your team. So use Magnezone instead. Magnezone counters Scizor, but also traps and kills other Steel types that get in Salamence's way, something that Heatran can't do.

Magnezone @Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Magnet Pull

-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Fire
-Flash Cannon
-Explosion

For Salamence, you need to make some moveset changes.

DDMence should have Outrage always. Outrage is 50% stronger than Dragon Claw and will OHKO things that Dragon Claw can't.

Crunch is useless on Salamence. There is absolutely no Pokemon in the game that will take more damage from Crunch than it will from Outrage. Even against Ghosts and Psychics, Outrage will have 180 power vs. Crunch's 160 power. Replace it with Fire Blast.
Without Fire Blast, Skarmory and Bronzong wall your Salamence.

Change its item to Life Orb and change its Nature to Naive. In this way, you will be guaranteed to OHKO standard Skarmory with Fire Blast.

Blissey is not need on this team.
Just because she's the best special wall in the game does not mean you should have one. Blissey does not fit on every type of team, especially not offensive ones. You should learn to counter special attacks with type resistance rather than Special Defense.

Replace it with Vaporeon. Vaporeon gives you insurance against bulky Waters like Swampert and Suicune that can wall Salamence, as well as Wish support for your team members.

Vaporeon @Leftovers
Bold Nature
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Spd

-Surf
-HP Electric/Roar
-Wish
-Protect

In short:

Use ScarfMagnezone
Change Salamence's moveset
Replace Blissey with

Ebrithil.

The Uber Tier Idiot
Years
How do i get outrage on mence??

Is it an egg move?

Battling today blissey was my saving grace.
Everything else was dead but i managed to outstall three pokes with it alone.
Magnezone sounds good. ^.^

And about salamence, if i will be using fireblast will i need some points in special attack??

Filllllllllllllller

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years

Outrage is a tutor move.
You don't need any Sp Attack EVs, although moving 4 EVs from HP to Sp. Attack might help.

Anyone who gets outstalled by Blissey is either a bad player or has a bad team.
Vaporeon will work much better, trust me.

Ebrithil.

The Uber Tier Idiot
Years
Isnt vaporeon awful weak to electric??
And grass??

Maybe swampert?
Though his stalling abilities probably arent as good as vaporeon.

Imma go for roar on vap i think, to utilise any entry hazards i managed to set up.

What about a dusknoir tank?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years

The reason you want Vaporeon is because it learns Wish. Swampert can't learn Wish. You need Wish in order to keep your other Pokemon alive since none of them have healing moves.

Dusknoir wouldn't work on this team. This is an offensive team. You don't need any walls. Offensive teams rely on type resistance.

Basically, using this team will teach you how to play without walls.

Ebrithil.

The Uber Tier Idiot
Years
so blissey is off and so is umbreon, to be replaced by vaporeon and magnezone??

I needa get someone with plarinum to teach my mence outrage ;.;

Thanks for all the help so far.

Btw, aragorn.
Think i should use the meta lead or the forretress?
I'm having a hard time setting spikes up with forretress but rapid spin is handy.
Made drop both for aerodactyl or azelf?

& wouldn't a lum berry (or whatever one cures confusion) be better for mence considering he'll be using outrage?

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years

No, Life Orb is a MUST. Without it, you'll never OHKO Skarmory with Fire Blast and you'll never OHKO a ton of other Pokemon with Outrage. Confusion doesn't matter. It will clear up on its own.

Metagross is a more reliable lead, but Rapid Spin is pretty important. It's your decision.

Ebrithil.

The Uber Tier Idiot
Years
think i'll stick with forretress, salamence's weakness to SR could be crippling :)

just needa get a naive salamence with outrage now *sigh*

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
Years
Don't hold back on the noob team destruction, i didn't post this for compliments.
Well here goes:

Adamant Metagross @ liechi berry. u can get one from the event jirachi if u don't have one
Stats = 364/401/299/201/216/175
Stealth rock/ EQ/ bullet punch or meteor mash/ explosion
236 att/ 12 def/ 8spe and 252 HP

Typical meta lead, yanno what he does.
OR! Might replace with:
Forretress @ Shed Bell? wut? shed shell or shell bell? either way, leftovers r better
Relaxed
252 DEf, and (i think) 252 hp with the rest in attack
Spikes/ Stealth Rock/ Gyro Ball/ Rapid Spin
I had a real hard time with Spikes + SR so i was thinking this guy could solve that??
Ninjask @ leftovers
Adamant. It's the 2nd fastest pokemon ever, and after one speedboost it can even outspeed deoxys-s, so use adamant.
307/ 279/ 126/ 122/ 136/ 413
Substitute/ X-scissor/ Swords Dance/ Baton Pass
I never got told his EVs but it looks like: 252 Spe, 126 attack? and 126 HP?

Standard baton passer (may be swapping for heatran, he has been criticised and i didn't find him very useful in battle)

Gengar @ life orb
Timid
235/ 126/ 133/ 359/ 165/ 349
Tbolt/ Shadow Ball/ Focus Blast/ Destiny Bond or Sludge Bomb. Since Gengar is timid and its physical attack sucks, explosion is literally comitting suicide for no reason.
252 SpAtt/ 252 Speed/ 4 hp.

Special sweeper

Breloom @ toxic Orb
Adamant
260/ 394/ 187/ 135/ 156/ 234
Spore/ seed bomb/ substitute/ focus punch
SporePuncher and general pain in the ass.

Salamence @ Life Orb. FYI, is yache, not yiachie XD
Adamant
Outrage/ Dragon Dance/ EQ/ Fire Blast
Physical sweeper

Blissey @ leftovers
Bold
714/ 50/ 61/ 186/ 369/ 147
Serene grace :/
Toxic or Thunder Wave/ Softboiled/ aromatherapy/ Seismic Toss. Blissey's sucky offensive stats make it perfectly suited for SToss.
252hp, 252 SpDef
(you're right, really needs some normal defence, OHKO'ed last fight ;.;, including SR/Spike DMG i took)
Special wall/stall/cleric
Unfortunately i dont have a wish bliss ;.;

Ok, now destroy me! :)
Ninjask has been replaced with Umbreon
Curse. Unless this develops into a Baton Pass team, Curse is better. Also, if this does become a BP team replace toxic with curse, not mean look./ wish/ baton pass/ Payback. If you need poison on something, switch umbreon into toxic so it gets sychronised poison.
EVd - 252 SpDef, 16-something HP and 88 Speed Uh... max out EVs...

I might replace umbreon with heatran like was suggested. no. if you want to replace umbreon, use vaporeon, skarmory, magnezone or cresselia.
meta lead is better cuz its reliable as a defensive tank and physical attacker, forretress is just a wall.

Ebrithil.

The Uber Tier Idiot
Years
Salamence @ Life Orb. FYI, is yache, not yiachie XD
Adamant
Outrage/ Dragon Dance/ EQ/ Fire Blast
Physical sweeper

so i can keep it adamant nature just get someone to learn it outrage for me?

wouldnt the -SpA hurt my flameblast?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
zommy, it would help if you actually read the thread to stay updated on what has changed.

Also, don't make bad suggestions.

Ninjask needs to be Jolly so it can outspeed Choice Scarf Pokemon. There's no point in making it Adamant. You're not going to sweep with it.
(but he's not going to use Ninjask anyways.)

Sludge Bomb is terrible. Poison Attacks are the worst attacks in the game. Even STAB Poison moves are bad. Also, you're wrong about Explosion. It's powerful enough to deal major damage to Blissey and Snorlax.

Ebri - I told you to change it to Naive Nature. Adamant means Fire Blast will be weaker.

Ebrithil.

The Uber Tier Idiot
Years
And, vaporeon with HP electric, would HP grass do?? (i have one like this)
Or is roar better than HP grass?

gengars hidden power isnt fire -.-

Stupid HP calculator ;.;

Any replacement suggestions?
Maybe a gengar replacement?

Last edited:
Back