• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Player Customization

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I really want to be able to make the rivals appearance, so I can make him look stupid as possible

I also really want to be able to ditch the hat/sunglasses, I don't like them. That picture suggests maybe we will be able to!

I'll be keeping the sunglasses, they look trés chic
I'll most likely change the jacket for a hoodie though if that's available.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I'm really digging the glasses and the girls hat so far.
I actually really like the female's outfit in general, but I'm glad i'll be able to give the male a different set of clothes :D

Years
Apologies if this has been asked before, but in regards to the hair colour and skin tones, can you mix and match them? For example, could I have the pale skin, but with the brown hair? Or would it have to be kept blonde? I hope there isn't a restriction and it can be mixed up. I'm really pleased with the customisation feature added but I'll be disappointed if you can't mix it around a bit.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Apologies if this has been asked before, but in regards to the hair colour and skin tones, can you mix and match them? For example, could I have the pale skin, but with the brown hair? Or would it have to be kept blonde? I hope there isn't a restriction and it can be mixed up. I'm really pleased with the customisation feature added but I'll be disappointed if you can't mix it around a bit.

Nope, in regards to skin and hair colour, you only have 3 choices

Apricots

Cream Puff
Years
I wasn't all that excited about X and Y at first, but now that the 3D-ness has grown on me, and I know I can also make a character of color... I'm sold.

blue

gucci
Years
Atleast everyone's character will look slightly different! I'm pretty content with the default appearance of both protagonists but I may change up the appearance slightly.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
I feel like I will be spending a lot of time making my trainer look just right. And that's going to be even worse if we can customise our rivals. Although, I think the rivals will either have a random appearance, or that it will change depending on how you've customised your own character.

Part of me feels like it would be wrong to play without some form of headgear as a Pokémon protagonist, though.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I'm gonna try best to make the protag look like myself, so I'll be using the fault skin/hair colour, now I just hope we get a nice hoodie

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I'm just so happy that there's a main character who's blonde (by default).

I was waiting soooo longer. Seriously.

- Leaf [Brunette]
- Crystal [Black Hair]
- May [Brunette]
- Dawn [Blue Hair]
- Lyra [Brunette]
- Hilda [Brunette]
- Rosa [Brunette]

And now, finally, finally! T.T There's a blonde!

And I take it's because they've actually left Japan and went for their fanfave country, France, where they believe people are all blonde, blue-eyed and gorgeous :P They just saved the best for their fanboy country.

/is-blonde-&-blue-eyed
/was-sick-of-brunette-defaults

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
A little late on this, but I actually love the new protagonists a lot! Especially the girl; she gives a fresher look compared to the previous female protagonists. And character customization! I might have to get a 3DS after all haha.

The characters look much older though in my opinion, they could easily be 16. Also their appearance looks more European. Hmm.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I don't think they look that much older than previous trainers?
Like the protagonists from DPPt look older to me than the new ones from X/Y.

And off topic, Loving your sig!! :D

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I don't think they look that much older than previous trainers?
Like the protagonists from DPPt look older to me than the new ones from X/Y.

And off topic, Loving your sig!! :D

These protags are obviously teenagers though, just look at the size of em, here's a gif showing their sizes compared to Lucas, with heads all the same size.
17710539e986ca42a810c8182728dc3abc48d3d8.gif

blue

gucci
Years
I like the fact that they're older than previous protagonists, I suppose it can target more of the teenage market.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I kind of said this already, but that would definitely cover why the other protagonist was shown wearing different clothing in this screenshot. If they have interactions with the player then it'd make sense that they might randomly have different customization options for them as well!

I can see a system not unlike Pokemon yellow, where certain battles you win or lose effect the outcome of Eevee's evolution, only it would probably be dependant on questions the rival would ask you.

But the rival is not the opposite-gendered protagonist (OGP). They may play a small role, but BW & BW2 both only used the OGP on the Battle Subway. That's not to say that this can not change, but obviously Nintendo didn't back away from that format at all in BW2, and I see no reason to expect the OGP having more significance in this game.

I'm sticking with my co-op theory. I may be wrong but maybe if people start talking about it Nintendo will patch it in there last minute. lol

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I can see a system not unlike Pokemon yellow, where certain battles you win or lose effect the outcome of Eevee's evolution, only it would probably be dependant on questions the rival would ask you.

But the rival is not the opposite-gendered protagonist (OGP). They may play a small role, but BW & BW2 both only used the OGP on the Battle Subway. That's not to say that this can not change, but obviously Nintendo didn't back away from that format at all in BW2, and I see no reason to expect the OGP having more significance in this game.

I'm sticking with my co-op theory. I may be wrong but maybe if people start talking about it Nintendo will patch it in there last minute. lol
Patching in co-op last minute would suck... I'd rather them have developed co-op from the start so its implemented everywhere, but if it is a last minute patch I guess they will have community feedback.

Maybe we can get unique clothing in a pokecash shop that gives us random items everyday and using SpotPass, we will be able to share clothing choices with others (they can buy the same things you can that day). I mean, SpotPass has to be in there for something, why not clothing? Maybe a new evolving mechanic is built into SpotPass (which sucks for us with nobody nearby that has it). I guess that is getting off topic a bit... Someone start a SpotPass thread. xD

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
I'm just so happy that there's a main character who's blonde (by default).

I was waiting soooo longer. Seriously.

- Leaf [Brunette]
- Crystal [Black Hair]
- May [Brunette]
- Dawn [Blue Hair]
- Lyra [Brunette]
- Hilda [Brunette]
- Rosa [Brunette]

And now, finally, finally! T.T There's a blonde!

And I take it's because they've actually left Japan and went for their fanfave country, France, where they believe people are all blonde, blue-eyed and gorgeous :P They just saved the best for their fanboy country.

/is-blonde-&-blue-eyed
/was-sick-of-brunette-defaults

Idk why but Crystal's hair always looked more blue to me and Dawn's looked more black with blue highlights...

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
These protags are obviously teenagers though, just look at the size of em, here's a gif showing their sizes compared to Lucas, with heads all the same size.
Spoiler:

That is quite a difference in size, i didn't think it would be that much!
I guess they might be somewhat older then, but they'll still be around 16/17

Back