• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is serena a yandere

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Well i don't treat AshxSerena as canon, i'm more of a AshxMisty or AshxDawn

But back on topic, i don't think so, Serena is a nice girl, but let's be fair, Ash is an idiot :P

Update

https://www.yourdictionary.com/yandere

Like i said Serena can't be a Yandere

Last edited:

pkmin3033

154c6b9cca7c6c4586852ff664ceec4780edc4a3_hq.jpg

The title of this thread made me laugh so hard...then I decided to google it to read more on the theory and I laughed even harder. I love the Pokemon fandom sometimes. xD;

Sure, why not. Everyone knows that you're not really in love with someone unless you're willing to become an axe-wielding psychopath for them!

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years

Lt. Surge's Raichu : Rai Raichu (I think you're high, Serena)
Serena : Shut up Raichu! i'm not crazy, you're crazy, specially Surge's Jolteon
Lt. Surge's Jolteon : Jolt (Ey)
Serena's Sylveon : Sylveon? (Um are you OK miss Serena?)

Last edited:

Pokedigifan1178

Most powerful being in fiction
Years
I believe if Serena is yandere

She goes and tries to butcher and kill any girl who is with ash or knows him.

Korrina better stay away from her

Last edited:
Years
... I really think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what a yandere is. That or you're imagining something that isn't actually there.

Serena's fixation on Ash is just a strong crush. It is nowhere approaching yandere levels.

Source: I watch a lot of anime and am fairly familiar with the yandere trope.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
i mean honestly i wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to find fanfiction where serena is a yandere. but is she in canon? lol nope not at all yikes.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Serena isn't a yandere. In fact, being an Amourshipper, I almost feel offended anyone would draw such a conclusion for her character.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Despite the jokes, and how she was the second-worst developed girl (only May was worse if I must be honest), I will make clear that, no, Serena is no Yandere. Generally, Yanderes not only have a huge crush on someone, but are violently possessive, to the extent of harming their crush if they don't accept them, even come across as suicidal at worst. Want a true example of a Yandere? Look at Cia in Hyrule Warriors (pre-Legends, anyway). THAT'S a Yandere there. Probably the closest ANYONE has entered the yandere territory was Jessiebelle from Pokémon (you know, James' betrothed), that and maybe that girl who crushed on Brock, James, and that doctor in Johto due to saving her life and overall being a marriage-nut (though she's closer to Stockholm I guess...). I believe that girl's name was... Temacu, wasn't it?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
You're telling me Misty and Iris had better development?

Ultimately, yes. At least Misty and Iris didn't outright hate Pokémon when doing their journeys, and they had their own goals, and had lots of stuff revealed about their pasts. Heck, Misty in particular even matured to a certain extent while keeping some traits about her. And at least they knew what goals they were going for, rather than deciding AFTER starting the journey.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Wouldn't you consider that to be a part of character development in maturity?

The whole "hating/disliking Pokémon" bit? Well, yes, in the cheap sort of way. Beyond that, absolutely not, especially when May had zero reason to outright hate/dislike Pokémon in the first place (she grew up in a Gym Leader family, meaning she'd pretty much be surrounded by Pokémon and Pokémon battles for the 10 years of her life), not to mention, considering how Seymour the Scientist traveled without having a single Pokémon on hand, I'm doubtful she'd even NEED to become a trainer to be able to travel. And don't cite that she didn't get along well with Norman as a reason. Misty and Brock didn't exactly have stellar family lives either, yet they didn't hate Pokémon. Heck, even Jessie and James don't hate Pokémon, and that's despite their not only having an even worse family life than Misty and Brock did, but were also members of a group that explicitly murders Pokemon for profit.

Well, in any case, Serena's no yandere, regardless of how annoying that one-sided crush on Ash was or how much it destroyed canon by ignoring not just Misty, but also Gary and even Molly (who were friends of Ash well before he and Serena even met).

Last edited:

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Can't deny any points regarding May. I've been rewatching the advance generations series and it's really difficult to ignore. Her attitude really does tick me off slightly whenever it happens and just throws me out of it completely.

Regarding Serena, the show presents to us as it being a one sided crush, but along the other shippings there is plenty of hint/small details that suggest the feelings are mutual.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Can't deny any points regarding May. I've been rewatching the advance generations series and it's really difficult to ignore. Her attitude really does tick me off slightly whenever it happens and just throws me out of it completely.

Regarding Serena, the show presents to us as it being a one sided crush, but along the other shippings there is plenty of hint/small details that suggest the feelings are mutual.

Okay, what hints besides viewing her as a friend were given that Ash has even the slightest romantic inclination to Serena (which doesn't really mean much: Waylon Smithers crushes on Mr. Burns, and other than viewing him as a friend, he has never shown any indication of having mutual feelings of romance for Smithers.)? I'm not even a Pokeshipper at all (or, heck, any shipper anyways), yet even I have to admit there was slightly more hints towards them actually having a crush on each other and such being mutual than Serena and Ash did. At least with Misty and Ash, they actually DO act more like how 10 year olds actually would act with the whole "cootie" stage and whatnot. Serena acts more like a hormonal teenager with her crush on Ash despite explicitly being 10.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Okay, what hints besides viewing her as a friend were given that Ash has even the slightest romantic inclination to Serena (which doesn't really mean much: Waylon Smithers crushes on Mr. Burns, and other than viewing him as a friend, he has never shown any indication of having mutual feelings of romance for Smithers.)? I'm not even a Pokeshipper at all (or, heck, any shipper anyways), yet even I have to admit there was slightly more hints towards them actually having a crush on each other and such being mutual than Serena and Ash did. At least with Misty and Ash, they actually DO act more like how 10 year olds actually would act with the whole "cootie" stage and whatnot. Serena acts more like a hormonal teenager with her crush on Ash despite explicitly being 10.

Hold up, I'm trying to find a list. There's like a page worth of detailed accounts on where Ash shows some sort of hints. I'll get back to you on that. Let me rephrase my last sentence. By "Mutual" I didn't mean the exact same, I only meant that he possessed some sort of feelings towards her.

Edit: Here is an entire list of hints on both sides: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shipping:AmourShipping

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Yeah i really don't get why her Eevee evolved thought love, since Sylveon are cocky pokemon

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Yeah i really don't get why her Eevee evolved thought love, since Sylveon are cocky and evil pokemon

Yeah, sorry, but I looked through its Pokedex entries, both games and anime, and nowhere was it EVER implied that it was cocky, let alone evil.

Back