• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just weak pokemon team

Years
Hello! I'm new to competitive play, but i'm starting with weak pokemon and it seems to be working out!
I use a jolly ninjask with focus sash and with 248 EVs on HP/8 EVs on Attack/252 EVs on speed. It has speed boost as its ability and its moves are swords dance/leech life/toxic/baton pass. I have other three physical attackers on my team so i can use baton pass.
Hitmonchan with choice band and Adamant 248 EVs on HP/252 EVs on Attack/8 EVs on Special Defense. Its ability is iron fists, and its moves are thunder punch/bullet punch/fire punch/bulk up
Furret (lol). It has leftovers and is Jolly with 252 EVs on Attack/4 EVs on Special Defense/252 EVs on speed and its moves are coil/fire punch/brick break/return.
Zebstrika. Again, choice band, and Wild Charge/Flame Charge/Pursuit/Stomp and 252 EVs on Attack/4 EVs on Special Defense/252 EVs on speed
Armaldo. Leftovers, 248 EVs on HP/252 EVs on Attack/8 EVs on defense and Earthquake/Stealth Rock/Brick Break/Aqua Jet.
And a Tentacruel, why not, for some coverage. It is Modest with 252 EVs on Special Attack/4 EVs on Special Defense and 252 EVs on Speed.
With this team i was able to take down a team of rayquaza, reshiram, and other ubers.
Again, i'm pretty new to this stuff, so i wanted to hear if i have to change something here or if everything is alright.

Years
I understand that you may be wishing to use weak mons as you said in your post however the majority of the mons that you use are outclassed by many other mons even for their respective usefulness in non-competitive play.
One thing that i wish to clear up, Baton pass is banned in Non-Cartridge play.
I will assume that you are using cartridge play.
if i may be blunt......The team also does not look to fair well against standard competitive play.
I would advise against the use of two choice bands having flexibility in your move choice would be helpful when you baton pass into one of those mons.
Also bulk up on a banded mon is counter intuitive as it will do nothing.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Define "weak Pokemon", and why you want to use them. Also, are you playing on Showdown or 3DS?

Years
I use showdown since i'm just starting to use masuda method an have no pokemmon to use in the games lol. I just noticed my mistake with hitmonchan.

Years
I understand that you may be wishing to use weak mons as you said in your post however the majority of the mons that you use are outclassed by many other mons even for their respective usefulness in non-competitive play.
One thing that i wish to clear up, Baton pass is banned in Non-Cartridge play.
I will assume that you are using cartridge play.
if i may be blunt......The team also does not look to fair well against standard competitive play.
I would advise against the use of two choice bands having flexibility in your move choice would be helpful when you baton pass into one of those mons.
Also bulk up on a banded mon is counter intuitive as it will do nothing.

I know baton pass is banned, so i just go with anything goes. It's because i like using pokemon that can support each other. But i will take your advice. Thank you!

Back