• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Raichu centered team

Team Embrace

Team Embrace Boss
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 14, 2022
Team image:https://pokepast.es/5ec9fe01f9b64f33

My gen 7 OU team

Kalibur (Cloyster) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell

This guy is my team's physical attacker. Works great under Psychic Surge after shell smash and acts as one of my lures for electric attacks. I put razor shell as move four for the defense drop it's the go to without shell smash up.

Moko (Raichu) (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

The reason I made this team. His speed buff finally lets him be usable and his coverage is outstanding. I chose expert belt over life orb cause I hate recoil. He is a little under-powered hence the team drawing out electric attacks.

Luminoes (Sableye-Mega) (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Without rapid spin or defog I wanted a magic bouncer to also fill my stealth rock slot. His poison resist is welcome. He also always lives two hits from Kartana (in mega form) even after a beast boost can OHKO it back.

magjestra (Empoleon) (F) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 28 SpA / 224 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Scald
- Signal Beam
- Flash Cannon

The team's special wall. Aqua jet + defiant is great for Landorus-T shuca berry to surprise other ground types. Signal beam gives a second counter to greninja.

Togekiss (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash
- Protect

My surprise killer and the teams psychical wall. 4x fighting resist catch my eye for that. Rocky helmet does more damage to Mega Lopunny using high jump kick to itself then to her. other psychical hits do around 50-70 percent wish heals that right up.

Lilly (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Named after Lilly of sun/moon fame this one is my teams main powerhouse. Choice Scarf allows it to always outspeed ash-greninja. HP-ground for heatran.

Last edited:
Years
Raichu doesn't fulfil any role on your team that better electric types can't. It's reasonably fast but lacks the power to really make a difference. Tapu Koko, Thundurus (either variety), Mega Manectric, Heliolisk, Jolteon, Raiku, Rotom (take your pick which one), Zapdos and Xurkitree can all fulfil that role much better and of those a handful are really better as defensive mon or wallbreakers than sweepers so that's saying something. There's also Zeraora as a physical alternative.

Magearna also steamrolls most of your team.

Last edited:

Team Embrace

Team Embrace Boss
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 14, 2022
Raichu doesn't fulfil any role on your team that better electric types can't. It's reasonably fast but lacks the power to really make a difference. Tapu Koko, Thundurus (either variety), Mega Manectric, Heliolisk, Jolteon, Raiku, Rotom (take your pick which one), Zapdos and Xurkitree can all fulfil that role much better and of those a handful are really better as defensive mon or wallbreakers than sweepers so that's saying something. There's also Zeraora as a physical alternative.

Magearna also steamrolls most of your team.

Your right Raichu is the team's weak link. However the team was made for it so I feel changing Raichu out defeats the team's purpose. Per the guidelines "Don't make team-building suggestions that deviate from the team's purpose. For instance, if a team is built around a certain Arceus forme, replacing the Arceus forme would be too drastic of a change." But as a competitive player I agree with your points 100% . In my play-testing before posting here I did find a new burning hatred for Magearna lol. Thank you for your great feedback!

Back