• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
My mom doesn't respond to texts while driving, but she will do it most any other time... in the store, while eating dinner, in the bathroom, etc... it can be annoying when she feels the need to interrupt a meal just to reply to a text.

If i was riding in a car and the driver wanted to text, I'd probably take their phone away too. And I'd have my phone off (or better yet, leave it at home) when I'm on the road.

Years
Yeah, me bringing up emergency was the brightest idea, didn't really think that one through.

To be fair, where I live you don't see too many people texting whilst driving, only at traffic lights. I definitely wouldn't text if I was driving, especially if I was driving a LeSabre.

In my house we aren't allowed to text or call someone whilst eating unless it is an important call, even in those situations we leave it unless it really is massively important.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Well the way I see it, hands-free phone isn't all that much different than the driver talking to his/her passengers in the car. No one complains about chatting with passengers, so on that regards it's almost the same, as long as it's a hands-free of course. Holding the phone is a totally different matter. As long as your eyes are on the road and you have your hands free, it should be fine.

random note: 4 hours until my statistics lab exam... ;_;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Omg jealous of people with family dinners that are actual family time. I don't think we even have a dining room table...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
We only have family dinners during special holidays. Otherwise it's just 'grab your meal and go back to whatever it is you're doing'

Years
We have family dinners every day, and I can't really imagine us not to until I move out. It doesn't feel right just grabbin' a meal and taking it elsewhere. Family dinners is when we sit down and discuss things going on in life and we actually get a lot sorted out during family meal time.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Back at home we still have family dinners... way too early for me. I like living on my own since I can set dinner time for a time that works for me. I never did like the stuff we talked about at the dinner table... mostly news and politics related stuff that I was completely out of the loop about.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Family dinners??????? In my family, no matter what occasion, the kids get their meals and eat away from the adults, lol. Stress levels would be too high otherwise.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I used to love family dinners because they always meant great food, roasts are just the best. But haven't had one in a very long time, everyone in the family is too busy I guess... It's a shame really, but guess it can't be helped. Roast pork though omg.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Family dinners are nice.Last one was Thanksgiving, roast turkey, stuffing, etc(yum). Roasts are so good. Having Roast Beef for Christmas dinner :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I have eaten probably 99.99% of my meals (when I'm home) in front of a computer for the past five years. Family dinners are virtually non-existant in my house and the last time I remember eating as a family was when my dad decided to be a healthier eater and cooked this really healthy dinner. It lasted like a week and then everything went back to normal and he went back to fish sticks and things that you can toss in the oven.

Years
The only times I don't eat a family dinner is when my parents' fly out somewhere and me and my sis are home alone.

But yeah, life would be really weird without no family meals for us...

Years
I have eaten probably 99.99% of my meals (when I'm home) in front of a computer for the past five years. Family dinners are virtually non-existant in my house and the last time I remember eating as a family was when my dad decided to be a healthier eater and cooked this really healthy dinner. It lasted like a week and then everything went back to normal and he went back to fish sticks and things that you can toss in the oven.

:(

When I am at my parents house, we will eat around the table and chat, since I am not home much. When I am in my flat, I will eat on my desk where my TV and computer and Laptop are, because I am normally talk to Kura or watch something! :3​

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Eating around the table will happen more often for me when I go back home to my family for the holidays. It doesn't usually happen with my uni housemates since we never have enough time and usually cook our own individual meals.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Family meals were definitely never a thing for me. They've been more so than ever since I've been living with people for the last year and a bit but they're still a kinda alien concept for me, and for... 16 or so years I think I could count on one hand the number of 'family meals' (or, honestly, family anything) which we had haha. The closest I ever get is eating with my flatmates and even that doesn't happen very often.

Years
We kinda grew out of the family dinner thing the older my brother's and I got. Now we really only do the traditional sit down dinner for the holidays and such.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I do enjoy family dinners over the holidays. We used to always have family dinners when I was growing up, but we stopped. The older I got the more awkward they became.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
My dad likes to have family dinners when all four of us (me, my brother and my my parents) are together, for whatever occasion. The rest of my family, on the other hand, couldn't really give two figs about them. We'll entertain him on a random Sunday, and at Christmas, but that's about it. Given that my brother and I have long since moved out of home, they're a very rare event in general, and not all that common when we do return for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back