• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I don't think most people here know German, thethethethe.
Unless you were trying to get at something else...
I have no idea how to speak German. I'm not even sure that the language in that link was actually German.
I was trying to point out without blatantly saying that it's quite difficult and is something I wouldn't even try taking up unless I were, I guess Coolboyman or someone else who had a fair knowledge of the GB's ASM.
Even if you look at the new Brown, and the new Pokedex. Everything has been added except the Pokemon Sprites.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
Pokecry

im using pokecry and the cries work find for me but the problem is i dont know how to find the other pokemon like right now im trying to find groudon so i can replace his crie and i was told something about pokeid and that i need or can use that txt file so i can change other pkmn cries

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
For some odd reason, Sappy 2006 won't open, because some file is missing and I need a link to it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2012
You are doing it like this right?

tutorial2.PNG

tutorial3.PNG

Pics from THEx4s Script Tut
Uh, so does one set them to 03 00 50 40 every time? Or is there some trick...

Sacred Dragon

Yes, that's a Mewtwo
Years
Question

How do you insert new tiles onto your game(firered). Do you have to go over existing tiles, or do you make more space for them... I could never figure it out even after I read the tutorial about it. If someone could please answer this question, I would really appreciate it. Oh yea, if you could, pictures of what it looks like would help.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
For some odd reason, Sappy 2006 won't open, because some file is missing and I need a link to it.

Same here, it is some registry thing but I cannot find the file to fix it....

Someone help us

How do you insert new tiles onto your game(firered). Do you have to go over existing tiles, or do you make more space for them... I could never figure it out even after I read the tutorial about it. If someone could please answer this question, I would really appreciate it. Oh yea, if you could, pictures of what it looks like would help.

First you go to the tile block editor. hit blocks export set 1 or w/e. edit the dib an save. import back in!

Remember to stick BY palletes

Last edited:

Sacred Dragon

Yes, that's a Mewtwo
Years
Same here, it is some registry thing but I cannot find the file to fix it....

Someone help us

First you go to the tile block editor. hit blocks export set 1 or w/e. edit the dib an save. import back in!

Remember to stick BY palletes

I get that part; the thing I don't get is, do you overwrite the other tiles to add new ones, or do you add more space to the image and add more w/o taking the others away?

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
I get that part; the thing I don't get is, do you overwrite the other tiles to add new ones, or do you add more space to the image and add more w/o taking the others away?

ya it overwrites the tiles on there that are there.. make backups

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Okay thanks for the answer, it worked. I have two more questions. I've searched a lot before posting here, so I don't know if it's been answered before. Anyways here they are:
1. How do I change what professor Birch/Oak says to you in the beginning of any advanced game?
2. Is it possible to have secret bases in FR/LG?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
1. Advance Text
2. I think so. Make a script to check if you've got secret power, then setmaptile to over the cave door/tree hole/vine and in A-Map make a warp in that spot. Theoretically, it sounds pretty good, I think...

Dratii

Working on something new...
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
Where are the palettes locate for the coloured text in FR?

Last edited:

GoldFlareon

Biotic Flareon
Years
So...I have a question. Is there any possible way to be able to add more than 25 Pokemon to your game? It's annoying because when I try to insert new Pokemon, they are always too big! So stupid UnLZ GBA won't let me insert 'em. And when I click off the box: "Auto abort if file is too big", then my sprite gets pixelated at the bottom. D:
Please help if you can!

~Flareon.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
So...I have a question. Is there any possible way to be able to add more than 25 Pokemon to your game? It's annoying because when I try to insert new Pokemon, they are always too big! So stupid UnLZ GBA won't let me insert 'em. And when I click off the box: "Auto abort if file is too big", then my sprite gets pixelated at the bottom. D:
Please help if you can!

~Flareon.

You can always replace useless Pokemon. But the sizes should be smaller or equal in order to look good.

How did you insert the 25 Pokemon? Over the ??? things?

GoldFlareon

Biotic Flareon
Years
Yeah, over one of the things whose offset is 800000 (well, the other thing, but still) and that's the thing. I can't insert a Suicune because I think it is too big for all the other sprites. Which is the problem. I can't even insert it into its original spot. D:

~Flareon.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Yeah, over one of the things whose offset is 800000 (well, the other thing, but still) and that's the thing. I can't insert a Suicune because I think it is too big for all the other sprites. Which is the problem. I can't even insert it into its original spot. D:

~Flareon.
If the image you want to insert is too big, you can repoint the image to an empty offset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back