Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

Ad Content

#151   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 5 Days Ago (3:51 AM).

I really like your work here ...but after the top 4 i wantet to use the ferry to go to the event-islands, but it does not seem to work.
    I bought all 3 Tickets at once..could that be a problem? Any ideas how i can get it to work?
      #152   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 5 Days Ago (5:21 AM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by derdo View Post
      I really like your work here ...but after the top 4 i wantet to use the ferry to go to the event-islands, but it does not seem to work.
      I bought all 3 Tickets at once..could that be a problem? Any ideas how i can get it to work?
      Glad you like it! The events always seem a little finicky, make sure you have the battle frontier unlocked (and actually travel there) and use the Lilycove shipyard, try only having one event item and make sure you have the latest version, anything before v7 required the codes to be enabled (that was fixed with help from igorfs10) if it is still giving you problems let me know!
      https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=411844
        #153   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 5 Days Ago (6:22 AM).

Thanks for the fast reply!
        I have Version 7.31 and have traveled to the Frontier. When i try it in Lilycove i only get the options for Slateport and the Frontier...
        And I cant get rid of the Key Itmes ...cant put them in the pc, throw away or give to a pokemon ...are there other possibilitys?
          #154   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 5 Days Ago (8:07 AM).

So tried using a cheat to clear all Key items and then rebuying only one of the tickets but it still does not give the the Option to use it..
            #155   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 5 Days Ago (8:35 AM).

Hey Dearman4,

Do you plan on updating the move power/accuracy to later generations? For example, fly to 90bp and 95 accuracy.

Thanks!
              #156   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 4 Days Ago (3:37 PM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by derdo View Post
              Thanks for the fast reply!
              I have Version 7.31 and have traveled to the Frontier. When i try it in Lilycove i only get the options for Slateport and the Frontier...
              And I cant get rid of the Key Itmes ...cant put them in the pc, throw away or give to a pokemon ...are there other possibilitys?
              Just tested it myself and it's not working now, I will look into the scripts and see what the issue is, thanks for bringing this to my attention! Hopefully it'll be a quick fix
                #157   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 4 Days Ago (3:38 PM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ndeliberto View Post
                Hey Dearman4,

Do you plan on updating the move power/accuracy to later generations? For example, fly to 90bp and 95 accuracy.

Thanks!
                That's not a bad idea, I'll add an optional patch to the next version
                  #158   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 4 Days Ago (3:58 AM).

Another small update today, events weren't working and have now been fixed, thanks to derdo for pointing this out!
                  Also, I have added optional patches to update move stats to either 5th or 6th gen, thanks to ndeliberto for this suggestion!
                    #159   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 4 Days Ago (10:17 AM).

Hey ! First of all congrats on the hack, it's been a real pleasure playing this version after so many years.
                    I just created an account to ask you about something, I cannot enter the fortree gym =( it just goes black the moment I step in and nothing else happens. I read you fixed this bug before, so any idea why would this happen and how could I fix it ?
                    thx again !
                      #160   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 3 Days Ago (1:25 PM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by EmilioVerAcuna View Post
                      Hey ! First of all congrats on the hack, it's been a real pleasure playing this version after so many years.
                      I just created an account to ask you about something, I cannot enter the fortree gym =( it just goes black the moment I step in and nothing else happens. I read you fixed this bug before, so any idea why would this happen and how could I fix it ?
                      thx again !
                      Thanks, I'm always thrilled to see people are reliving the fun of this game!

The Fortree Gym is still bugged for the full Day and Night cycle version unfortunately, try using the one without or the one without Day and Night in Battle, and it should work, if not, please let me know, I may have to no longer offer the Day/Night in Battle version if I can't figure out how to fix it. Worst case scenario you can use a vanilla ROM of Emerald (just rename your save) to go through the gym and switch back (only try that if all the currently available versions are giving you the same issue, it'll at least let you continue playing while I figure it out).

Thanks for taking the time to make an account and comment! Your feedback means the world to me :smile:
                        #161   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 3 Days Ago (5:09 PM).

I'm trying to find a charmander but can't encounter one. Actually I haven't seen many pokemon from other regions at all. Is their rarity different from the normal Hoenn pokemon? I've been looking in the grass of Mt Pyre which is where the readme says charmander should be.
                          #162   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old 3 Days Ago (6:44 PM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by ChaseTheGreat View Post
                          I'm trying to find a charmander but can't encounter one. Actually I haven't seen many pokemon from other regions at all. Is their rarity different from the normal Hoenn pokemon? I've been looking in the grass of Mt Pyre which is where the readme says charmander should be.
                          Charmander and the rest of the starters are pretty rare, some of the other gen pokemon are fairly common but a lot of them are on the uncommon to rare side of things
                            #163   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old 3 Days Ago (7:22 PM).

This is the best vanilla romhack I've played in a long time. I'm adding this to my personal vanilla rompack. Superb experience, I came here to report about the event tickets but its already issued, so many thanks! I've just beat the game and will finish the pokedéx now (NO CHEATING), so any bugs I will report.
                              #164   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old 3 Days Ago (7:52 PM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by dearman4 View Post
                              Charmander and the rest of the starters are pretty rare, some of the other gen pokemon are fairly common but a lot of them are on the uncommon to rare side of things
                              Ok fair enough, thanks for this amazing creation by the way, the nostalgia of emerald is a powerful thing and you've only made it more enjoyable.
                                #165   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old 3 Days Ago (8:40 PM).

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by kalil92 View Post
                                This is the best vanilla romhack I've played in a long time. I'm adding this to my personal vanilla rompack. Superb experience, I came here to report about the event tickets but its already issued, so many thanks! I've just beat the game and will finish the pokedéx now (NO CHEATING), so any bugs I will report.
                                Thank you so much! I tried to make the best enhanced vanilla Emerald I could and I'm thrilled to hear that I've done a good job of it.

Finishing the pokedéx is a trial but worth it, hope you don't have too much trouble! Thanks in advance for your help in finding any bugs, it's a huge help!
                                  #166   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old 3 Days Ago (8:43 PM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by ChaseTheGreat View Post
                                  Ok fair enough, thanks for this amazing creation by the way, the nostalgia of emerald is a powerful thing and you've only made it more enjoyable.
                                  You're very welcome! I'm glad you like it
                                    #167   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old 2 Days Ago (12:43 AM).

Its's me again, I have some suggestions about the EV training, I don't know if it is doable but its just a suggestion.

1) Make EV cave with a sign and a step-button (like in New Mauille power plant), the sign says which EV trains and how many are yield (without pokerus and macho brace, original EV value). And when step on button, battle starts, or use another sign for the battle or something.

2) Make a way to let player get pokerus infected Pokemon without codes (I want to have a legit save even if its something minor).

Original EV gain is 4.
                                    A party with pokerus + exp share = 8 EV per pokemon. So basically 32 battles to 252,
                                    With pokerus + macho brace is 12 EV for the leader, and 8 for the others that have EXP share (if any), the leader must defeat only 21 wild Pokemon to get 252 EV.
                                      #168   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                    Old 2 Days Ago (1:32 AM). Edited 2 Days Ago by dearman4.

Quote:
                                      Its's me again, I have some suggestions about the EV training, I don't know if it is doable but its just a suggestion.

1) Make EV cave with a sign and a step-button (like in New Mauille power plant), the sign says which EV trains and how many are yield (without pokerus and macho brace, original EV value). And when step on button, battle starts, or use another sign for the battle or something.

2) Make a way to let player get pokerus infected Pokemon without codes (I want to have a legit save even if its something minor).

Original EV gain is 4.
                                      A party with pokerus + exp share = 8 EV per pokemon. So basically 32 battles to 252,
                                      With pokerus + macho brace is 12 EV for the leader, and 8 for the others that have EXP share (if any), the leader must defeat only 21 wild Pokemon to get 252 EV.
                                      There actually is an EV training cave already lol the 6th screenshot in the original post is a map of it showing which sign is for what stat. I didn't include anything in the game to explain it because I felt it was pretty self explanatory, each of the pokemon defeated in the cave give you three EV points though, not four

As for pokerus, it's possible but with the Macho Brace it only takes around five minutes to fully train a stat's EVs in the cave, kind of makes pokerus obsolete but if you really think it's something worth including then I can look into it
                                        #169   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                      Old 1 Day Ago (7:35 PM).

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by dearman4 View Post
                                        There actually is an EV training cave already lol the 6th screenshot in the original post is a map of it showing which sign is for what stat. I didn't include anything in the game to explain it because I felt it was pretty self explanatory, each of the pokemon defeated in the cave give you three EV points though, not four

As for pokerus, it's possible but with the Macho Brace it only takes around five minutes to fully train a stat's EVs in the cave, kind of makes pokerus obsolete but if you really think it's something worth including then I can look into it
                                        Yes I know about the cave, my suggestion about it was to indicate which EV trains where with in-game information, to make the game completely playable without need to consult image or text file xD. And maybe the pokerus is not necessary at all, would be just to have literally all things in a single player experience xD. As I said, it's suggestions, its "my taste" of the game, but you are the creator and the game should feel the way you want it. Im already addicted again. This, right here, is the ultimate vanilla experience. Its the best, really.

Its red++ for first gen, polished crystal for second gen, and this right here is the third gen. Those are the gems one should play when wanting to revive the past xD.

BTW here is my (hopefully last) suggestion, would be possible to simulate wonder trade like in red++? You send a pokemon and recieve a random pokemon with a random moveset and the Original Trainer is a fake name and ID, you can trade in wonder trade 24/7 in red++. This is optional as the player doesn't need to interact with the PC if he doesn't want to, but its fun to maybe swap your whole team to play a random mode or to get that little help completing the pokedex xD.

Many thanks!! i will not bother anymore^^
                                          #170   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                        Old 1 Day Ago (9:35 PM).

Quote:
                                          Yes I know about the cave, my suggestion about it was to indicate which EV trains where with in-game information, to make the game completely playable without need to consult image or text file xD. And maybe the pokerus is not necessary at all, would be just to have literally all things in a single player experience xD. As I said, it's suggestions, its "my taste" of the game, but you are the creator and the game should feel the way you want it. Im already addicted again. This, right here, is the ultimate vanilla experience. Its the best, really.

Its red++ for first gen, polished crystal for second gen, and this right here is the third gen. Those are the gems one should play when wanting to revive the past xD.

BTW here is my (hopefully last) suggestion, would be possible to simulate wonder trade like in red++? You send a pokemon and recieve a random pokemon with a random moveset and the Original Trainer is a fake name and ID, you can trade in wonder trade 24/7 in red++. This is optional as the player doesn't need to interact with the PC if he doesn't want to, but its fun to maybe swap your whole team to play a random mode or to get that little help completing the pokedex xD.

Many thanks!! i will not bother anymore^^
                                          You make a solid point about making the game entirely playable without referring to the help texts and such. I could have the signs announce their specific stat before each battle but I have the feeling that'll grow tiresome... I suppose I could add another signpost by the nurse detailing the different encounters, I'll think on it.

Wonder trade sounds possible, however from the sound of it, that would verge too far into randomizer territory for my taste. Pokerus being available upon request just for the sake of having it? It's a solid argument, and I remember the first time I got pokerus I was on cloud nine, but if I were to bring it into easily available territory I fear it would cheapen that ecstatic feeling of obtaining such a rare aspect of the game. So I think I'm going to leave it as is, might make an optional patch for the hell of it but no promises lol

You have no idea how happy I am reading how much you like this ROM hack, I honestly didn't even my wildest dreams expect people would enjoy this quite so much. So thank you for your words, they keep me going!

Also, never assume that you are bothering me, I'm always checking this post to make sure I don't miss any posts, be they bug reports, feedback, suggestions, or anything really. I truly appreciate every comment made on here, regardless whether it's a suggestion I like or not!

Thank you once again for taking the time to comment!

Quick Reply