• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

Years
Me when I saw this post now and saw that it was posted yesterday:
Spoiler:

But you said its legit, so I'm gonna try it out ;)

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
edit:nvm

btw, play nice still has the description of minimise

also don't really fancy the item box system, too rng-ish and abusive. can already imagine future LP where people became "lucky" that they find a nugget early wowo

also you should give an option to disable exp share.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
edit:nvm

btw, play nice still has the description of minimise

also don't really fancy the item box system, too rng-ish and abusive. can already imagine future LP where people became "lucky" that they find a nugget early wowo

also you should give an option to disable exp share.

The new moves' attack descriptions aren't edited yet, as stated in the [Read Me] file that came along the patch.

The box system is staying, unfortunately.

And for the experience share... That thing is experimental at the moment. I'm going to wait for further comments about it as I'm not certain if I should keep it or change it back. Hm... Maybe I should add a poll for that.

EDIT~

Poll is up~
http://strawpoll.me/7255659

Last edited:

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
use a clean 1.0 ruby rom...(if this is not a tired april fool thing again)

btw i think i saw a minor spelling error in the very first rocket dialogue on the beach, "coslayer"

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 15, 2022
Been waiting for Broken Timeline for forever, and the game is really good so far.

That being said, after beating both gyms, I have nothing to do. It looks like I have to find the missing blacksmith, but I've talked to everyone in the game at least 3 times after beating the gyms and nothing is happening. Is there something I'm missing?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
It isn't, i'm seriously not kidding!
Ex:
HhK1bwG.png

Something went wrong on your end then. Repatch it with a clean Ruby ROM.

That being said, after beating both gyms, I have nothing to do. It looks like I have to find the missing blacksmith, but I've talked to everyone in the game at least 3 times after beating the gyms and nothing is happening. Is there something I'm missing?

Probably. You're supposed to talk to the Team Rocket grunts in Route 3 first. What was the last clue you got?

Years
Alright so I just finished the 3rd gym and ended my game right there. idk if there is any plot scenes that I was supposed to see afterwards but if there is any; hopefully someone uploads it on Youtube lol.

2 Bugs I found:
Well, I was playing the game on the VBA emulator so sometimes when I hold down the space bar(To speed up the game of course), I would see one of the blue or red boxes at a corner of the screen every time I was about to encounter a wild pokemon. idk if its a bug or me just abusing the system LOL.
Second bug was with Nic at the 3rd gym city. I had already finished battling him for the third time so I decided to head out to one of the routes to catch a wild Geodude (And luckily I ran into a wild Pikachu which I also captured :)) Afterwards, I came back to the town and decided to talk with Nic again. THIS time however, he asked me again If I wanted to battle him (As if I didn't before) and when I said Yes, the conversation "froze"; we could not battle. The only way I got out of that "froze convo" was to move around or press x on my keyboard. If I talked to him again, he would still ask if I wanted to battle him, If I said No then the conversation continues normally b/c I rejected him.

Alright so now my review/personal opinion(s) about the Beta 1.

What I liked:
1. I was impressed at how drastically different this beta was compared to the original. I know its the first beta of the reboot and I'm sure the graphics and the game in general will only improve from here on out but I was completely caught off guard.
2. The crest region itself reminds me of a greener, more colourful version of the Orre region that was in XD and Colosseum. Most notably, the lack of development in technology that's evident in Crest gave me this sort of vibe. That, and the whole poke boxes lol. Its nice.
3. The Pokemon Inns and the increasing fees they charge are quite interesting b/c it made me realize how much I depend on those free pokemon centres. Not only does it make the game more challenging but it allows me to think wisely if I should spend cash to heal my current team or just grind through.
4. This coincides with what I said in 3. but the small doses of Exp and Cash that you get in this beta also reinforces the whole challenge aspect of the game. Normally in regular pokemon games, when we constantly win battles and get a s**t ton of cash; we just wastefully spend it on useful items such as Hyper potions, full heals, repels, pokeballs etc. Now that Cash is scarce in the game, it motivates me to start saving cash for when I truly need it and encourages me to train my team and then spend a few hundred on the inns for recovery. That said, I don't think I ever used a potion on my pokemon b/c I was so hell bent on saving money and training all of the pokemon in my team. {XD}
5. I was laughing with all of the hacker jokes Jagold had some of these NPC's say. "I hate scripting NPC dialogue" LMFAOOOO
I really love that breaking of the 4th wall and every game could use a bit of humor here and there to enhance its gameplay.

What I disliked:
1. I had a bit of confusion in the start of the game. For example, I had no idea saving Eevee was a choice (I gave it to team rocket woops) and b/c the game skipped the whole "Are you a boy or girl" and "whats your name?" introduction. I actually thought that Jay was the rival we were playing and we got to choose his starter (Which in my mind would've made a pretty cool concept) and then midway through the story I thought we would go back to that blackout screen with the two friends talking to each other and then the real story would begin. Clearly I was mistaken lol. This is more of a misinterpretation problem than a dislike one but I thought it would be worth mentioning here.

2. Now I know I said I loved how challenging the game was but I admit the grinding to train your pokemon in order to defeat the gym leaders were a bit much. Although the Exp share did help cope with this, it was still very challenging. If other people are disliking how the Exp share functions, then I'm actually concerned with how hard this game is gonna get b/c I admit, without that exp share, I'd be broke in the game with weak pokemon. One thing that I did like about the exp share was that all of your pokemon were getting stronger and that you don't have to worry about having that one powerhorse in your team to save the day b/c technically; all of your pokemon were being trained as powerhorses.
If the exp share is changed to its original function, then might I suggest giving more exp in battles then?

3. Probably my most important "dislike". The reboot of BT itself didn't feel like a Ruby Destiny game to me. I understood that the character Jay was talking to in the blackout scene was probably the Human that transformed into Pikachu in RR, which obviously drew the connection for me that this is a RD game. However, the whole vibe and the small bits of story in the beta made me feel that this isn't a RD game. I'm sure that as the story progresses I will eventually start to feel the RD vibes that I've been waiting for. I think the difference between this reboot and the original beta is that the original gave me the feeling of coming back into the RD universe with the whole Latios and Chaomega appearing right from the start.
For the next beta, I personally would love to see that Ruby Destiny lore and the return of some familiar RD characters to help thicken BT's plot and gameplay. {:3}
As of right now, I feel that BT is a stand alone sequel to LoG and its still trying to find where it belongs in the RD universe.

This is a suggestion but maybe you should consider adding a female protagonist to the game? I don't want to make a huge gender generalization and say that mostly male players have played this hack but considering there are female members in this community then I think having the choice to play a male or female protagonist should be included. I understand that Jay as a person is a vital character to BT and he has his own story which is why we aren't given the option to name him after ourselves (which I'm completely cool with). But is his gender completely fixed? A female protagonist, possibly named Jaymi, could easily be a quick substitute if the gamer is a girl.

Overall, I actually enjoyed the beta and its great to see my favourite hack series continue. I'll definitely check out the second beta when it arrives. 3 gyms and 4 towns for 1st beta is actually quite impressive, I'm looking forward to seeing this hack grow. ♥

Last edited:

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Well, I was playing the game on the VBA emulator so sometimes when I hold down the space bar(To speed up the game of course), I would see one of the blue or red boxes at a corner of the screen every time I was about to encounter a wild pokemon. idk if its a bug or me just abusing the system LOL.

its actually much more easier and obvious to spy the boxes this way when playing with normal speed than with speedup. can't be helped unless the battle fade-in screen is changed. in any case it acts as a sort of a clue which will reward astute players.

that said finished the current beta (up till 3rd gym) and i think its full of potential. don't want to judge too much on it currently as its still an early beta, but DJG's previous works has proved that with regards to plot/storyline, he can provide something more varied and unique than the standard fare seen in other hacks. keep up the good work!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 15, 2022
Probably. You're supposed to talk to the Team Rocket grunts in Route 3 first. What was the last clue you got?

I talked to all four grunts on Route 3 and never got any dialogue changes from them or from the people in the first town, let alone any town.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I talked to all four grunts on Route 3 and never got any dialogue changes from them or from the people in the first town, let alone any town.

Here's the sequence of it. Spoilers in case anyone doesn't want to know.
Spoiler:

Second bug was with Nic at the 3rd gym city. I had already finished battling him for the third time so I decided to head out to one of the routes to catch a wild Geodude (And luckily I ran into a wild Pikachu which I also captured :)) Afterwards, I came back to the town and decided to talk with Nic again. THIS time however, he asked me again If I wanted to battle him (As if I didn't before) and when I said Yes, the conversation "froze"; we could not battle. The only way I got out of that "froze convo" was to move around or press x on my keyboard. If I talked to him again, he would still ask if I wanted to battle him, If I said No then the conversation continues normally b/c I rejected him.

Thanks for the report. It'll be fixed in the next beta release.

1. I had a bit of confusion in the start of the game. For example, I had no idea saving Eevee was a choice (I gave it to team rocket woops) and b/c the game skipped the whole "Are you a boy or girl" and "whats your name?" introduction. I actually thought that Jay was the rival we were playing and we got to choose his starter (Which in my mind would've made a pretty cool concept) and then midway through the story I thought we would go back to that blackout screen with the two friends talking to each other and then the real story would begin. Clearly I was mistaken lol. This is more of a misinterpretation problem than a dislike one but I thought it would be worth mentioning here.

The game is geared towards choices. You can choose to have Eevee or not. You can even choose to have rivals or not. That's what I'm aiming for in the game: choices.
Strange that I don't let the players choose what gender they wanted to play in the game about choices. I'll consider it though.

2. Now I know I said I loved how challenging the game was but I admit the grinding to train your pokemon in order to defeat the gym leaders were a bit much. Although the Exp share did help cope with this, it was still very challenging. If other people are disliking how the Exp share functions, then I'm actually concerned with how hard this game is gonna get b/c I admit, without that exp share, I'd be broke in the game with weak pokemon. One thing that I did like about the exp share was that all of your pokemon were getting stronger and that you don't have to worry about having that one powerhorse in your team to save the day b/c technically; all of your pokemon were being trained as powerhorses.
If the exp share is changed to its original function, then might I suggest giving more exp in battles then?

The experience gain was halved to make up for the experience all feature. It'll be completely broken if the experience distribution to all 'mons in the team will still be 100%.
I can easily change it back to the way it was if more pipz vote to change it back in the poll.

3. Probably my most important "dislike". The reboot of BT itself didn't feel like a Ruby Destiny game to me.

Wait for it... :3

isacc0909

Dragon Knight
Years
Okay I have many compliments,questions and a single complaint to give about the beta so far (not a big complaint lol).

First off love how the starter is eevee my favorite pokemon, Love how you kinda put a chrono cross feel to it with the chrono cross music and team rocket being different like your in a parallel world were Giovanni never lost his love for pokemon when he was young though i figure as it's a region that doesn't get much info from other regions their just using it as a way to get more grunts and pokemon.

I love the story so far and how many potential rivals their are so far (still actually not done beta so no clue if more then I've seen one badge in picked eevee.)

as for questions the first is making a custom sprite for protagonist or sticking as default? And will we get the choice to name our character later I'm assuming your name is just the place holder? Last question will storage box's always be only available after staying at the inn to avoid people just healing through it for free?

And my single complaint is if you accidentally spend all your money on poke balls at the beginning you can potentially get a dead game so would be nice if your given a few maybe from the old man? Or at least letting you catch the Skiddo you battle at the start maybe?

Anyway overall awesome so far looking forward to sidequests a more fleshed out world and your continued amazing skill.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
what are the eeveelutions in the game (Broken timeline) and how can i get them

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
First off love how the starter is eevee my favorite pokemon

Eevee is actually one of the possible starters in the game. If you choose to not have Eevee as a starter, then you get to choose a 6th gen. starter.

as for questions the first is making a custom sprite for protagonist or sticking as default?

Until I can get new sprite sets for the hero, it'll be default for now.

And will we get the choice to name our character later I'm assuming your name is just the place holder?

The name is final, unfortunately.

Last question will storage box's always be only available after staying at the inn to avoid people just healing through it for free?

It'll always be in the inn.

And my single complaint is if you accidentally spend all your money on poke balls at the beginning you can potentially get a dead game so would be nice if your given a few maybe from the old man? Or at least letting you catch the Skiddo you battle at the start maybe?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do that in the next beta release.

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Jul 1, 2020
after final gym battle trainer card don't show third gym icon .I think you forgot to set third gym's flag after that gym battle.

Years
Finished playing. Judgment time *_*

Graphics are awesome and clear. One little unimportant thing is that because your cliff tiles have grass on the edges, you cannot create a clean big cliff (or a mountain for that matter) there will always be a line of grass showing between each cliff layer. You can name the mountain Mt. Stripe :D

Intro music awesomely awesome. Town musics are nice too. For gym leaders, if you were going to use music from golden sun, i think Saturos battle them is infinitely better for the occasion.
Why route 1 has different wild encounter music than the rest areas?

Good Team Rocket :D Talk about something new. Though its still too early to celebrate.

Hopefully you will make gym leaders more unique in the future rather than using sprites of existing official characters like Bertha and Candice. Hell it would have been an even better plot twist to patch this, if D/P timeline was broken as well, and people there became amnesiac and drifted to this region. So Bertha and Candice would have to regain their memories (and true names) and go back to Sinnoh after the timelines are fixed.

Fletchlings at route 1 <3 much more interesting than a bunch of Pidgeys. Also glorious return of Chirpich line, with new type and awesome signature move. Hopefully better stats too >.> Same hope for Stronthio too >.> I remember i cried inside when i checked out its stats back at LoG...
Weesuls must be incredibly rare. I found one when i had no pokeballs, and no matter how much i stayed there when i returned, it never showed up again.

First 2 gym leaders were incredibly easy... doesnt matter if its level 17.. a furruny is a furruny. At least put a Dunsparce or something...

Exp share, while simplifying things, is making them less interesting. Like, all i have to do is lead with my strongest pokemon while the others get little to no screen time except some leaders and bosses. Doesn't help with the whole "bonding with your mons" thing.
If you, however decide to keep it, make it say "all pokemon have earned [ ] experience" rather than saying it individually for every pokemon... every time! In case one has lucky egg --> "[name] recieved [ ] bonus exp"

The Inns. Finally coming closer to reality. Nothing is free. Let alone medical expenses for roaming trainers. Except if they have insurance. But Crest is an undeveloped region so it would be awkward. Same goes for PC. Ever gone to a netcaffe and they let you surf for free? You rent a room, and PC comes with it. That's the way.

The boxes. RNG was never a good thing (except for online game companies who make unlucky players invest more time on the game and/or even resort to microtransactions for real money. which isnt the case here ofc). Would be better if they had standard items inside. I can (and will) infinitely abuse it with save states to get something better than oran berries and X defends. (Admit it, between us, you just found it too much trouble to think about what specific item to put in each location so you let the RNG do the work :D ^^ )

A guy mentioned that using all your money on balls could result in a dead end. Well not really, since if you have 0 money you can keep whiting out over and over with no consequences. Serves you right, rookie hobo trainer. U gotta get your your ass knocked out a few times until you get your shiet together!

Last edited:
Back