• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] (M)Pokemon Battle Royale - Earth and Sky: Beyond

Years

zIWcUVq.png

campfire-animated-gif-1.gif

Travelers young an old, whether with friends or their pokemon, I invite you to sit a spell by the fire. and listen to an old Tale about the underground combat league Earth and Sky, where they began and where their roots we're based. From the old world known as Ignea, where the plateau is filled with dust and dirt, where it's edge torn across the ocean was connected to the region you knew as Lethia and where an old promise that was once kept may not be seen fulfilled for many lifetimes. You may ask me what is Ignea?.. Ignea is where Lethia began before the the combat league began, before the ascension of pokemon, before the old world clashed with the new and before the discovery of Grimor itself.

Welcome To Pokemon Earth and Sky

A lot of newcomers to the RP may ask what Earth and Sky is and I will explain it. Pokemon Earth and Sky was and is an underground combat league, similar to Fight Club or Ratchet Deadlocked though done on a much larger scale. Trainers and their friends or teams pit each other against one another to earn badge components by fighting others in head on battles or stealth tactics to earn their way into a tournament to win a single wish, whatever their hearts desired would be granted no matter the absurdity, impossibilities or the odds, they would grant it, even if they had to move heaven and earth, rip open the sky or tear apart the earth. They had the ability to pull off whatever they wanted and still choose not to do anything with the power they have, however in this iteration Beyond, we won't be following the standard story of another iteration within Lethia. As the flavor text above reads, we are now in Ignea, a new region with new dangers, new tribes, territorial pokemon and a new story to follow in another timeline. This iteration leads up to the creation or 'discovery' of Lethia and the creation of the Earth and Sky league or rather, it's beginnings. We're heading into Ignea around the 1980's out into the plateau with new oddities, new areas to explore and a whole new feel of the world before us.

You as a trainer will step out into this new region in hopes to find new pokemon, meet new friends and hope to discover new places as you make your way to the mountain pass into Ignea. Only to discover what this harsh new land will bring to you and what you can take from it alive. Pack your bag's, fill your canteen's and step into the newfound world built before you.

Character Creation

This is the standard character sheet for this iteration of Earth and Sky.
Name: What is the name of your trainer/character
Sex: What is their gender?
Appearance: What do they look like? Any art renditions, keep PG-13.
Origin: Where do they come from? Where we're they born and raised?
Strength/Weakness: What is your character best at? Are they courageous? What are they the weakest in? What are they afraid of?
Bio: What is their story? What leads them to now?

This is the standard 'Pokemon Team' form.
Name: What is the name of your Pokemon?
Species: What are they?
Sex: What is their gender?
Strength/Weakness: This is optional; if you want to develop your pokemon deeper as characters who take part in the story.
Move Set: What abilities do you have?

There are a few rules to your teams and I enforce these rules strongly.
♦1. Under no circumstances, you cannot have a legendary pokemon on your team. You have the ability or option to capture or acquire one, but you cannot start with one in your roster.
♦2. You can have evolved Pokemon only up to Stage 2 evolution types with one exception. You may have at least one Stage 3 or above on your team to treat as your starter Pokemon on this whole run. However, All other pokemon on your team must evolve naturally as the story unfolds. Examples of Stage 2 evolved Pokemon are Haunter, Quilava, Raichu and so on.
♦3.Your Move Set MUST BE AT LEAST 4 moves or less for each and every pokemon on your team and will be kept at a minimum of 4 through our whole campaign, they can have moves based on whether they learned it through egg, move trainer, TM or just by leveling up. You cannot expand beyond 4. You have the option to change out moves via TM's, but that's it. If you want a clear list of what your pokemon can do, I recommend hitting up Bulbapedia.
♦4. You may use ANY pokemon from any region, I'm not a stickler nor am I picky so long as the choice doesn't clash or break any of the current rules.
♦5. It is possible to roleplay as a pokemon, a guideline is listed below; Message me if you have questions.
♦6. You can assign 1 move to be a Z-Move and attain more once you reach the region.

►Pokemon Character Sheet Guideline

This section is dedicated for people wishing to enter Earth and Sky as a Pokemon, not as a trainer.
• To become a Pokemon during this iteration. You may use the sheet below.
• You can't play as a legendary... As awesome as that would be; this is a survival RP, not an RP where you can take a backseat ride and powerhouse through everything.
• Playing as a pokemon, you attain 'perks' to offset the numbers playing as a trainer have.
▌1: You are not restricted by your species on your moves; you may learn any move available in the library so long as that move share's the same 'primary' element as your species. Example; playing as Honedge, you have access to every single Steel based move, since it's primary element is steel, ghost being it's second and so on.
▌2: You have the option to communicate with pokemon in the region and with humans, even ask for help from other wild pokemon or the tribals in Ignea. You have the option of joining said Tribals if or when you meet them.
▌3: You can cheat death... Temporarily within reason, you have the option to escape from fights on your own free will; though choosing to flee will have repercussions on the characters future in the story.
▌4: You have access to a 'Sub' Move set.... Explained Below the Character Sheet.
Name: What is your name?
Species: What are you?
Sex: What is your gender?
Strength/Weakness: Like the standard Trainer Sheet above, strength's, weaknesses, where they are strongest and where they fall short. Boldness and fears.
Bio: A short Biography of why they are in Ignea, what lead a single pokemon to take on a trek and so on.
Move Set: What abilities do they have?
Sub-Move Set: Utility Abilities.

• Like The team rules above, I strongly enforce how moves are assigned and your limits with the exceptions made in the perks above. Such as having a larger access to more moves.
• You are still limited to 4 moves in your moveset and still cannot expand beyond that.
• You are limited to 4 moves in your Subset, though the Subset plays a different role. Subset moves are move's you don't use to fight with; they are considered as Utility moves. Example, A Charmander with Ember in a move subset will use Ember to light fires for camping or light ones way in a dark cave. Vine Whip in the subset used for climbing and grapping onto ledges and so on. Your subset can be considered your 'HM Slave' in a sense.
• Move's assigned in the subset must be based on what the pokemon is able to learn, including the first perk.
• You are not restricted on Stage Evolution, you may attain Stage 3 or above starting in.
• For more questions or ideas you want to expand on, please contact me.

Ground Rules

These are the standard rules that go without saying on any RP from this site.
♣ This RP is rated M
♣ Follow the TOS
♣ If you intend to cause trouble, you will be reported to the Mod's who run the board
♣ Combat between 2 participants will be handled offsite.
♣ Multiple Characters Are Permitted, so long as the user in control of them upkeeps them.
♣ Neglected Characters will be discarded and considered eaten, killed and/or lost to the Elements in Ignea.

•Trainers - Accepted Profiles•

Alive - Still Playing!
Dead or Inactive - Discarded to the Elements or Dropped Out by other methods.

Julius Caeser - James Hendricks When: To Ignea! How: KO'ed to Tribals Reason: Departure due to Life Issues.
doge - Emmanuel "Manny" Chapman
Hyper Morian - Reanne
PkMnTrainer Yellow - Rose & Mary Maple
Bun_Bun - Nathaniel
Quto (Myself) - Joseph Mulder
probablyhylian - Toru Moreu
Gelius - Sven Dynasty Prowers & Kenshi

Last edited:

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
Darn. How could I missed this? Ah well, but hey, glad to see you again for what seems to be months of gathering dust. A lot of things kinda happen, but I guess this can bring me back to what I enjoy doing.

However, while I'm interested to join and almost had it ready, there are several things that I think needs to be clarified.
1. I'm kinda stuck with 'how to get to the region' part, like a mountain pass seems to be not enough. While it's true that it's possible to just leave the details in ambiguity, I feel it's kinda lacking and having them to be there right at the start is sort of odd unless it's actually a part of the prologue itself. Maybe that's just me being nitpicky, but the thing I want to ask is, how does one get there? And is it possible to have them live their history in the said region also?
2. What's the minimum age? Yes, I'm aware that youngsters won't live for too long, nor will elderlies (lol), but maybe it'd be nice to know.
3. How many Pokémon we can have? (Not counting the ones caught on later as the RP progresses, obviously.)

Years
1. Bus transport, Helicopter and/or private plane whether charted or piloting itself.
2. I'm not agist, but above the ages of 11-12. Elderlies, I could care little, I've seen senior citizens work out and travel, if they can hold their own, by all means. If solid numbers are a req. I'd say... early 70's?
3. 6 pokemon max, you may start with less in hopes to catch more.

doge

???
Years
hi, hey, hello, howdy, how are you Quto

Spoiler:

i might do strength/weakness stuff for the pok?mon later on but aside from that, let me know if there are any issues!

Last edited:

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
Well, that took longer than I thought. Here's mine, and tell me if there's anything needing revision.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Heya! I'll be applying for a Duo Character! That is, two characters working as a duet. To make it clear which pokemon belongs to which trainer, I'll be separating them into two spoilers. Looking forward to an adventure with twists, turns and teeth~!

Rose
Spoiler:

Mary
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
No issues between Hyper Morian or Yellow's duel characters.

All 3 character profiles have been accepted.

New Ground Rule has been added; Multiple characters are acceptable providing you can keep up with them. If the characters are neglected, they will be considered dead and/or killed by the regions elements and cannot respawn.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Expect a character from me. Been on the second and fourth itenerations, i'll take the fifth as well, why not? Plus, days chilling in Discord were quiet.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2023
This will be my form, hopefully it gets accepted!

Spoiler:

Years
First Order of business; Bun_Bun, Your profile has been approved, We hope to see you in Ignea in the 80's.

MY PROFILE!
Spoiler:

I'll be submitting the (IC) sometime today.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Looking forward to it! I feel like this is my best shot at getting into an RP that feels just right for me.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
First time RP'ing in many moons, let me know if my SU needs any work

Spoiler:

Years
I don't mean to Double Post Folks; but from now On, there is an accepted Profile list above in the first post of the OOC, If your newly posted Profile is accepted, it will appear in the list. If not; I'll either post or pass word along to you what is wrong and what needs to be corrected. I'll go as far as passing along a message even to let you know you've been accepted.

Last edited:

probablyhylian

illusion is mine
Years
First PC post and my SU form. It's been a minute since I've been apart of a RP.

Spoiler:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Finally, about dang time.

Sven Dynasty Prowers

latest

Sex: Male

Origin: Quest Island, or Seven Island in the Sevii Islands as everyone knows.

Strength/Weakness: Sven is a rather odd individual. He instead prefers analyzing the situation before acting. However, instead looking for obvious hints, he instead first ignores them, considering them null, analyzing the more obscure and hidden hints. Of course, he later on then considers all hints together. This leads to him having a more distinct, but less obvious method. Of course, he's not a genuis, so his argument isn't always correct, so there can be a small space for error.

Asides from that, Sven is always thinking of unorthodox methods, as well as thinking on how to solve things. He's very affectionate if needed, and a seeker of truth. He tends to chase down whatever his next clue is, and thus, he seems to be an active person for his job. He's decently accessible, though only opens up after a while. Tends to work himself too hard, and sometimes forgets to eat something, hence why it's a good idea to remember him. In fact, he leaves stuff a mess, and keeps forgetting some of the most obvious things, since he's delved in his Notebook. Due to that, it's always good to have someone to keep an eye on him. Adventurous, he doesn't turn down a good adventure, as long as it has it's share of mystery.

Bio: Sven was born in the Quest Island. Since early, he developped a love for discovering mysteries, including the ones related to the Unown at his home island. Once he was 12, he decided to enroll in a small detectives academy, managing to graduate decently well. He recieved a pair of Pokemon to assist him, a Buizel and a Duskull. Since then, he became somewhat of a notorious detective on the search of truth.

Eventually, his fame did extend farther than just one island. Soon enough, he became well known in the Sevii Archipelago. In fact, well known enough to even start working in Johto at the age of 17. There, he dealt out some of the interesting cases. Of course, he wasn't top class, but he was up there. After all, you gotta gain some good reputation first.

That was until a certain point. He was asked to take a case in Ignea. And since he didn't hear of that region yet, he thought it would be a good idea. So he packed his things, and leaving everything behind, he parted off to the arid region of Ignea, taking the train from Goldenrod City. He then started his long trip to Ignea.

PCP513.png

Name: Jojo (The First)

Species: Pansear

Strength/Weakness: Jojo, or Fire Jojo as he's known as, is a rather nice Pokemon. He's not really much into causing troubles. That is, Fire Jojo is pretty much a weak Pokemon, and he's the weakest member in Sven's Team.

Move Set: Amnesia, Natural Gift, Fury Swipes, Fire Spin

PCP511.png

Name: Jojo (The Second)

Species: Pansage

Strength/Weakness: Unlike the other Jojo, this one, also known as Brocolli Man, is a real trickster, and always pulling pranks on others. However, despite this playful personality, this is one of Sven's most Powerful Pokemon, able to develop strategies on it's own even without it's trainer.

Move Set: Seed Bomb, Leaf Storm, Spiky Shield, Rock Tomb

buizel.gif

Name: Jet

Species: Buizel

Strength/Weakness: While this Pokemon is Strong, it's mainly a loner, who rarely likes hanging out. Instead, it prefers training itself to the limit, aiming to become the Best Pokemon, sometimes working itself too hard.

Move Set: Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Ice Punch, Brick Break

477.png

Name: Void

Species: Dusknoir

Strength/Weakness: This Pokemon is complete silent. It barely socializes, and instead tends to be lurking in the shadows. It only comes out if it's trainer orders it, and on dire situations.

Move Set: Fire Punch, Shadow Sneak, Pain Split, Thunder Punch

Kenshi

snivy.gif

(Just imagine that Snivy in a Navy Blue Color, Kay?)

Strength/Weakness: Kenshi is a great tactician and extremely fast, but he tends to come off a bit cold sometimes, and even has paper thin defenses, in contrast his higher speed. Oh and he's able to talk.

Bio: Kenshi used to be Experiment Number 32, a Blue Snivy genetically modified to be able to speak. The Creators wanted a Perfect Pokemon, and Kenshi wasn't considered one. During the early times of his life, he was rather forced to see the lab every day, save the rare occasions where he had to act in a freak's show. Since early, he took interest in Ninja stuff, and even wanted to become one.

Then one day, an idea crossed his mind. During a trip in Ignea, Kenshi managed to grab the keys to his cage, and escape it, running from it's trainer. He ended up running for a couple miles before losing the track of his Trainer, but ended up losing all strength left in him, due to lack of food and water, and ended up blacking out in the arid region.

Move Set: Leaf Blade, Double Team, Toxic, Leaf Storm

Sub-Move Set: Cut, Vine Whip, Grassy Terrain (To make things grow, and even plants to aid climbs or crossing over), Defog

Last edited:
Years
Folk's we're still alive and kicking like Deadpool to Steel doors and breaching charges, though we're still waiting on a member or two to post in their thoughts before we consider them left to the elements. I want to at least give each participant, even new comers a chance to have their stake in this story.

Back