• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite human character in Pokémon

Years
Most of us already know who our favorite Pokémon is/are, but there are many other characters besides just the creatures we all know and love. Which human characters from the series are your favorites and why?

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
Years
Definitely AZ. Such an interesting concept for a character, this lonely guy wandering the world witnessing 3000 years of history.
You could do so much with him, I'm kinda sad we're probably never going to see him again.
I like the fact that he was mentioned in ORAS during the Delta episode by Zinnia as a mysterious figure that had appeared like a thousand years ago during Mega Rayquaza's last appearance and commented on it before disappearing again.

Maxie and Archie are another two big favourite of mine. They were the first "villains with good intentions" I had met in media when I was little and for some reason they just left and incredibly strong impression. (Not matter how stupid their goals seem)

Years
I know that if I were really a trainer, I'd be more like Cynthia.

moreso because of how she carries herself than anything with how calm and confident she is.

Years
I don't know if I have necessarily have any favorite human characters, but I'd jump at the chance to meet one of the Pokemon professors, specifically Professor Oak or Juniper. It would be fascinating to pick their brains about all their research, and to get a better understanding of the Pokemon world as a whole.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Seconding the love for Bonnie!!! Her dynmamic with her brother, as well as the cute, sister-like bond she has with Serena, us so adorable...

25E8F61B-4373-49A4-8FA7-A10A22C777C9.jpeg

Iris!! I love her tomboyishness, her big brown eyes and round cheeks (cute!!), her pastel outfit, her sarcasm, the way she teases her friends, but absolutely has a heart of gold and cares deeply (the Deino episode ;___; the way she cheers Cilan up after hurting his feelings, making up with Ash after a fight, her and Ash sightseeing in Nimbasa all day...).
She has a temper and she's very motherly to Axew, she loves nature, and is spiritual...

Her dynamic with Cilan is also so cute!! Reminds me of childhood ships like Hanawa x Maruko and Rocketshipping: I love blunt, sarcastic, tough tomboys and upperclass, charming, pretty-boys with more luxurious tastes...

Shootie/Trip!! He might not be written much like a main rival for Ash, but he's a very unique character, and the way they slowly start to become friends by the end and work really well together in a pinch is sweet!!!

I love the royal/noble theme of his team, his voice (in the original, more), design (the asymmetrical haircut's pretty unique!), his sarcastic and aloof nature, the way he has to prove he's so grown-up (which Iris uses to trick him into battling Ash like, twice, PFFT), and the fact he can be very kind (wouldn't take advantage of Oshawott's fear but helped Ash notice it, offered to help Iris with her phobia, protecting Castelia, etc.)...

His ends justifies the means mentality in the Venipede episode
Spoiler:

8CB770AF-DAE4-4D29-914E-9051C5075035.gif

But also that he was very expressive and shy and, honestly, sweet as a younger kid. His Alder fanboying is adorable. The biggest thing that makes him totally different from Paul is the reveal in the Junior Cup
Spoiler:

B4766221-2D90-4812-8198-FB7E1675E4F3.jpeg

Lillie, I often gushed about, but also, she's especially dear and important to me since (abusive/neglectful/narcissistic mothers are still rare in media, she had trauma-induced memory loss, and I also loved cats from afar after getting scrached as a little kid (still have the scar!), and when I had overcome my fear, my first indoor cat was a Persian cat named Snowy [named after Snowene, Kimba's mother], can't make this stuff up, I've got pictures and a webpage I made as a kid as proof).

She's just too sweet and endearing and you can't help but want to cheer her on!! Her smile makes me feel like my heart's so full, it's gonna burst! She's perfect. ;___;

[attached, one of the tumblr posts I gushed about her in, reblogged elsewhere, since my original blogs are all gone.]

Attachments

• FBBB4EB3-CA18-409F-844F-7633790F889C.gif
    FBBB4EB3-CA18-409F-844F-7633790F889C.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 77239457-398C-4E66-B97C-30945120BF2C.png
    77239457-398C-4E66-B97C-30945120BF2C.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 27, 2019
My favorite character from Pokemon would have to be James. He is a perfect example of what is known as a "grey character". This means even though James' role is the bad guy and is part of evil scemes such as stealing Pikachu, at the same time, he has a soft spot in his heart and occasionally does good.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 27, 2019
My favorite character from Pokemon would have to be James. He is a perfect example of what is known as a "grey character". This means even though James' role is the bad guy and is part of evil scemes such as stealing Pikachu, at the same time, he has a soft spot in his heart and occasionally does good.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm gonna say Cynthia and Sabrina. I love the powerful female trope. :)

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I second Sabrina's appreciation post above me, and would also mention professor Juniper. Also for underrated characters that are probably forgetable as heck, Pike Queen Lucy from Hoenn's Battle Frontier is my choice. If I were to choose a male character it would definitely be Nanu, he is amazing.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Looker, Barry, Steven and Gary.

Yep, Barry and Gary probably annoyed a lot of people, but their annoyance was my entertainment.
I also like Hau, too.

Back