• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 1] Jessica's Ultimate Nuzlocke

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Thanks Knost, I didn't quite know how I'd handle it either until it happened. I started the chapter thinking it would end with my arriving at the gates of Cerulean Gym, but the loss of Drumstix was one of several factors that made me split it up(which similarly happened with the Route 3 and Mt. Moon chapters, which were also originally intended to be one). I'm writing too much! xD

CodeHelmet, math and science were also my favourite subjects in school, and I moved on to Engineering and later Computer Science in university. :P I just happen to love writing too haha.

As for a new role for Ash, a few come to mind. Training to be a gym leader, scouting for new talent, even swapping roles with Serena and trying contests for a change. =O

And with my mention of the Ground-type I was foreshadowing Nidorina's imminent evolution into Nidoqueen. ^_^ We all know it's going to happen, so the biggest questions remaining are when, where, and why. ;)

Chapter 8 - Hiya, I'm a Pok?mon!

I returned to the Pok?Centre to heal my remaining partners' wounds. Once that was complete I did some reshuffling of my party for the route ahead. Ivanna, Concord, and Cotton were now my strongest Pok?mon, and they would definitely remain in the party moving forward. The remaining five would be occasionally shuffled in order to spread the experience around.

Back on Route 25 I could see a number of Hikers, all of which were eventually defeated by a combination of Cotton's Confusion and Ivanna's Double Kick. They had Geodude and Onix as expected, but also Machop, a Fighting-type Pok?mon that I was seeing in battle for the first time. I knew Feathers' Peck could handle them, but sadly I never got the chance to try.

The hardest battle by far was against a Youngster who had a single Slowpoke(which I was also seeing for the first time). All it would use was Confusion, and I soon realized that half of my Pok?mon(Ivanna, Damon, and now Toxika) were weak to it. Thus my only option was to send in Cotton and use Sleep Powder. It missed the first time, but on the second try, it hit! She then proceeded to use her own Confusion(which was not very effective, sadly) until the Slowpoke was down. Phew! That was very close.

And finally I faced a Lass who had a number of Grass-types. Feathers handled the bulk of the battle, but near the end I decided to switch to Concord, who easily finished off the last Pok?mon. And afterward I could see the little Pidgey start to glow, and also to grow.

Pidgeotto.png

This Pok?mon is full of vitality. It constantly flies around its large territory in search of prey.
Concord the Pidgeotto, Level 18
-Gust
-Sand Attack
Quick Attack​

"You're beautiful, Concord," I said, running my hand along the feathers on his back. "I'm so happy for you." I was also grateful for the added strength he'd be bringing to the group, lessening the burden on Ivanna.

By that time it looked like the trainers were all gone, and the road had also abruptly stopped. But there was still a single dwelling hidden in the brush. A cottage, it seemed like. Was that where Bill lived?

Then..."Help! Help! Rrrrrroooooaaar!"

Concord and I both turned to the cottage. Whatever that noise was, it was coming from inside! "Hurry!" I said, looking to my new Pidgeotto as I began running. "Someone's in trouble!"

I quickly opened the door and...and...there was...A MONSTER!!!

Monster.jpg

"Aaaaahhhhh!" I jumped back at the sight of it. What was it? And who had been calling for help earlier. Did it...eat them? Was I next?

Then..."Hiya, I'm a Pok?mon!" Who said that? Was there someone in the monster's stomach, still alive?! =O

Only one way to find out. "Concord, use Quick Attack! See if you can-."

"No wait!" the Monster shouted. Yes, the monster. I was sure of it now. "Please don't attack me! I'm a human who has been combined with a Pok?mon. I'd change back but I can't work the computer with these tiny little hands. Please help me!"

His story, while insane, seemed believable under the circumstances, so I decided to help him. He entered some sort of capsule in the corner of the room, closing the door behind him. Then it was my turn, going to the nearby computer and entering the codes that I had been instructed to. I heard a few loud beeps and a few puffs of steam, and eventually...

Bill.png

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" said the 'monster,' now a handsome young man.

"You...you're welcome," was all I could say in response. What else could I say? I tried to regain my composure while thinking of what to do next. "Are you, by chance...Bill?"

He nodded. "Yes. And it appears you have me at a disadvantage, miss."

I stood there for a moment, before realizing he was asking who I was. "I'm Jessica, a Pok?mon trainer from Pallet Town."

"A Pok?mon trainer, you say," he said as he walked over to a desk, ruffling through some papers. "Then I may have the perfect thing to repay you with."

He pulled out a ticket and hands it to me. "This is for a party on the S.S. Anne, a luxury cruise liner currently docked in Vermillion City Harbour. Pok?mon trainers from around the world will be there. I can't stand fancy-do's myself, but maybe you'd enjoy it."

"Th-thank you," I responded, taking the ticket and adding it to my bag.

A few moments later we had said our goodbyes and I was on my way back to Cerulean City. And, at long last, the gym.

Chapter 8 Round-up

Money: 20,065
Time: 6:24
Living: 8
Dead: 1
Soft-Resets: 1

Badge Case

01.gif

Items

Pok? Ball x 13
Potion x 2
Rare Candy x 2
Moon Stone x 2
Escape Rope x 1
Ether x 1

The Helix Fossil is still there, but it and other Key Items will no longer be included in this tally.

Team

Pidgeotto.png

Concord the Pidgeotto, level 18
-Gust
-Sand Attack
-Quick Attack

Nidorina.png

Ivanna the Nidorina, level 18
-Growl
-Tackle
-Scratch
-Double Kick

Butterfree.png

Cotton the Butterfree, Level 18
-Sleep Powder
-Confusion
-Poisonpowder
-Stun Spore

Spearow.png

Feathers the Spearow, Level 15
-Peck
-Growl
-Leer
-Fury Attack

Zubat.png

Damon the Zubat, Level 16
-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Bite

Venonat.png

Toxika the Venonat, level 16
-Tackle
-Disable
-Supersonic

Other Pok?mon

Spoiler:

So the Cerulean Gym battle has finally come...in Chapter 9. I can hardly believe I originally intended to have it in Chapter 2. xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
Nice! I was waiting for Concord to evolve!

Also, I'm legit worried about your Psychic weakness lol Hopefully you can scoop up an Abra or a Drowzee? Or maybe something bulky and physical in the Safari Zone? Idk. :)

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'd hold off on evolving Nidorina into Nidoqueen until it learns Bite. Since it evolved, it won't learn Bite until level 36(as opposed to level 30 as a little Nidoran. Bite has power of 60). However, if you choose to evolve it, then it learns Body Slam at level 23(power of 85 is nothing to scoff at) but nothing else. Both moves cause flinching so its largely dependent on what moves you want it to know. I wouldn't evolve it before the fight with Misty because Bubblebeam would just outright annihilate Nidoqueen thanks to the Ground typing.

I wish you luck against Misty. You're going to need it :)

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
The Psychic weakness is a worry. Though Psychic is my favourite type so maybe I'll know how to handle it from the other side. xD

EDIT: And good timing CodeHelmet. You posted mere seconds before I got this up. =P

Chapter 9 - Cerulean City Gym Battle

Before challenging the gym, I decided to train all of my Pokémon just a bit more. Nobody evolved or learned any new moves, but they did get stronger all around. At one point I thought I would be losing somebody when I stumbled across a wild Pidgeotto. My own Pidgeotto, Concord, was enough to defeat it however. Phew! That was way too close for comfort, especially so close to my gym battle.

When I decided everyone was ready to go, we went to the PokéCentre to decide who would be challenging the gym by my side. Ivanna, Concord, and Cotton were all givens, with the other three being Damon, Loki, and Feathers. Toxika and Aria would be sitting this one out.

With that, we were off. The gym was right next to the PokéCentre so I didn't have far to go. I took a deep breath and walked inside.

The majority of the gym was a large swimming pool, where I could see a number of Swimmers training with their Water-type Pokémon. One of these trainers noticed me and asked for a battle. I graciously accepted, knowing that I should get some experience with Water-types before challenging the leader.

He chose Horsea while I chose Loki. Loki didn't really like battling in the water, but he followed my orders and leaped at his opponent, sinking his Hyper Fang into its tiny body. It flinched! Loki held on with his grip until the Horsea was no longer able to battle. The Swimmer's second Pokémon was a Shellder, which to Loki's delight materialized onto solid ground. Unfortunately it decided to Withdraw inside its hard shell, meaning that Hyper Fang did progressively less damage over time. However, damage was still done, and eventually so was the battle.

A second trainer, a girl this time, also got me to battle her Goldeen. I started with Loki again, but he soon got confused as a result of Supersonic. I then switched to Feathers, who Growled a few times before whittling down the Goldeen's health by a series of successive flyovers where he Pecked the fish repeatedly. Feathers held his own, and soon enough the battle was won.

"Not too bad," I could hear someone, saying in the distance. I looked and saw a young woman making her way out of the pool.

Misty.png

"I am Misty, leader of Cerulean City Gym," she said, grabbing a towel to dry off with. "My my, we've got such a sweetie challenging me today!"

"My name is Jessica," I said, not knowing how else to respond to her words. "I am from Pallet Town. And I would like to challenge you to a gym battle."

"Very well," Misty replied with a smile, as one of her junior trainers took her towel and handed her two poké balls. "Shall we begin? Staryu, go!"

Staryu? I thought to myself. Another new Pokémon! I guess there weren't many Water-types in the mountains or the deep forest, meaning that there were likely many more unknown species to be found in the sea. But this one in particular was star-shaped, and...that was about it.

"Loki, I choose you!" I shouted out as Loki materialized next to his new foe. "Use Hyper Fang!"

Loki did as instructed, sinking his teeth into the Staryu. It then pulled away, lifted itself up on two of its...uhh, legs?...and slammed into Loki with a sub-par Tackle attack. This back-and-forth happened twice more before the Staryu was defeated.

"Rattata!" Loki cries out, obviously excited. He had missed out on the Pewter City gym battle, so was glad to have finally gotten one under his belt.

But his joy would soon turn to fear, as Misty send out her second Pokémon. "Starmie, I choose you!"

Starmie.jpg

I quickly recalled Loki, instead sending out Cotton, who is immediately struck with a Tackle attack. The Butterfree persevered however, flying over her foe and releasing the spores of her Sleep Powder attack. It's a direct hit! Starmie collapsed on the floor as a sound resembling snoring could be heard.

"Great job Cotton, return!" I called out. My plan was working! "Damon, let's do this!"

One flying Pokémon was replaced with another as the little Zubat begins to suck Starmie's health away with with Leech Life.

But then..."Starmie!" It woke up and Tackled Damon head on. I thought I had lost him, but was relieved to find him still alive, albeit in no condition to continue fighting further.

"Concord, go!" I shouted, as my third Flying-type appeared in the air above Starmie. Like Cotton before him, he was struck with a Tackle that removed a sizable chunk of his health. Nonetheless I believed he was still able to move on, ordering him to send off a series of Sand Attacks.

Then..."Concord, use Quick Attack!" The Pidgeotto slammed into the Starmie with all his might, unfortunately not doing much thanks to a series of Hardens used earlier in the match. And that was just the beginning of my troubles.

"Starmie, Bubblebeam!"

I barely had time to react. A screeching sound from out of a nightmare could be heard as a blast of bubbles came from the Starmie's core. It struck Concord head on, sending him nosediving into the pool. "Concord!" I cry out, tears flowing as I run to the water's edge. But it was too late.

Pidgeotto.png

My very first Pokémon. You are the one that started it all, little friend.
Concord the Pidgeotto, level 18
Chapter 1 - Chapter 9
May You Find Peace​

I couldn't stop then though, or else my other Pokémon would meet the same fate. That's right. Mourning the dead would have to wait, because protecting those still around had to be the priority.

"Cotton," I said, wiping away my tears. "I choose you!"

Cotton returned to the arena, already in less-than-ideal shape. I had only one trick left up my sleeve, and this was the time to use it. "Cotton, Poisonpowder!"

The Butterfree once again released tiny spores onto the Starmie, though this time they were poisonous instead of sleep-inducing. And just like before, it was a direct hit! Now all we had to do was wait.

Cotton released a number of not-very-effective Confusions while Starmie switched between Tackling and Hardening. I knew if I kept Cotton it for much longer she would meet the same fate as poor Concord, and so I switched to Ivanna.

"Starmie, use Bubblebeam!"

"No!" I shouted as the same attack that killed Concord sent Ivanna sinking into the water. Was she gone too?

"Nidorina!" she shouted as she leaped back out of the water, landing a very weak scratch onto her opponent.

Finally, I switched to Feathers. He was my only Pokémon remaining who had full health. Like Cotton and Concord before him, his entrance was met with a Tackle. Feathers then used Fury Attack, ramming the Starmie once, twice, three times! Now we were just one drop of poison away from winning the battle!

Except...something was wrong. Feathers was not faster than Starmie, nor could he survive another hit(be it from Tackle, Water Gun, or god forbid Bubblebeam). Likewise, all of my other living Pokémon were within range of dying to a single hit, which led me to facing the worst possible dilemma a trainer could have.

Which of my Pokémon should I let die?

Ivanna, the star of the Mt. Moon leg of the journey who had become a big sister to the others; Loki, still on a high from having fought in his first gym battle; Cotton, originally unable to battle but now having gotten me out of many a predicament, including now; Damon, who had drank up poison countless times to protect his teammates; or Feathers, who had helped train all of my newer Pokémon and weakened many opponents with his Growls?

I...I can't make that decision, I thought to myself, knowing very well that not deciding at all would also seal my fate. What was I going to do?

"Feathers, ret-" I began.

"Spearow!" Feathers looked me straight in in the eyes, shaking his head. What was he...he was making the decision for me!

"No Feathers, you can't!" I shouted out as the Starmie got ready to launch a final Bubblebeam. "YOU CAN'T! FEATHERS, RETURN!!!"

But it was too late. The bubbles made contact, and Feathers was sent plunging into the water with a power that would have knocked him out at full health, let alone the miserable state that he was already in.

Spearow.png

A fierce yet loyal part of the team. Will now get to see his dear Drumstix once again.
Feathers the Spearow, Level 17
Chapter 4 - Chapter 9
Sacrificed Himself to Save His Friends​

As Feathers sank to the bottom of the pool, so too did Starmie, finally succumbing to the poison. I had won the battle.

"Congratulations," Misty said, coming over to sit next to me by the water. "Your Pokémon are very loyal to you. They must love you a lot."

"Perhaps too much," I muttered to myself as I looked at the two poké balls in my hands-poké balls that Concord and Feathers would never materialize from again.

Misty noticed this, and then pointed to the other four poké balls at my side. She didn't have to say anything, I knew what she meant. Even now with the battle over, my focus should be on the living.

But before that, Misty handed me the Cascade Badge.

Cascade_Badge.png

"Thank you," I said in response as I stood up and made my leave. There were many more battles ahead, and likely many more hardships along the way. And the best thing for me to do was to keep moving forward.

And remember. Always remember.

Chapter 9 Round-up

Money: 23,604
Time: 7:20
Living: 6
Dead: 3

Badge Case

01.gif
02.gif

Items

Poké Ball x 13
Rare Candy x 2
Moon Stone x 2
Escape Rope x 1
Ether x 1

Team

Nidorina.png

Ivanna the Nidorina, level 18
-Growl
-Tackle
-Scratch
-Double Kick

Rattata.png

Loki the Rattata, Level 18
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang

Butterfree.png

Cotton the Butterfree, Level 18
-Sleep Powder
-Confusion
-Poisonpowder
-Stun Spore

Zubat.png

Damon the Zubat, Level 18
-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Bite

Other Pokémon

Spoiler:

I think this is my longest chapter yet. Gym battles tend to be like this I guess. xD

And while I really was hoping I could get out of this battle without losing anyone, I knew the possibility was low. For that reason this was the most intense Cerulean Gym Battle I've had in years! No wonder Nuzlocke Challenges are popular. ^_^

I'll probably take a little break before the next chapter comes out, but it should be interesting once I get there as I expect to hit five new areas one after another! Hopefully I'll catch some good additions to my team along the way!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
This was my favorite chapter by far. Absolutely brilliant. I knew this would be a tough match for you, but you handled it like a champ.

Great job again.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Thanks for the feedback both of you. It's great knowing that people are reading and enjoying my work here. It makes me want to keep chugging along!

It also appears I was well under the unofficial level cap for Misty. I say 'unofficial' because I won't actively try to stay under it, but in practice I'd be surprised if I ever go over it. Even in Nuzlockes I like to keep my Pokémon underleveled. xD

Chapter 10 - Gotta Catch'em All

I returned to the PokéCentre to heal my surviving Pokémon, while going to the PC to retrieve Toxica and Aria. I no longer had any need to store them there as some spots had opened up on my party. :(

Moving forward, I began to think of leaving Cerulean and making my way to the next town. The only problem was that I did not know how to reach the city's southern exit, with the only possible means being a gateway that had been grown over by a large tree. What kind of public services does this city have? I thought to myself. Somebody should have cut this down years ago!

My only way out of town turned out to be in the north, passing by some houses, one of which was being visited by a police officer after an apparent run-in with a robber. I'm definitely glad to be getting out of here, I thought as I continued to Route 5.

There was a slight slope to the path as I moved further south through the long grass, where I was hoping to encounter an interesting new Pokémon. I eventually did, but while it was interesting, it was not new.

Rattata.png

Will chew on anything with its fangs. If you see one, it is certain that 40 more live in the area.
Odin the Rattata, Level 14
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang​

At the end of the slope there was a gatehouse to Saffron City. I tried going through but the guard wouldn't let me. He wouldn't say why, and would only whine about not having anything to drink. I left him to his misery and went to another building nearby, which was apparently a tunnel that allowed travelers to go under the city. Is anyone allowed in there? I thought as I walked down the stairs and traversed the long, narrow corridor to the other side.

Upon returning to ground level and stepping outside onto Route 6, I was almost immediately attacked by a wild Pokémon. "Jigglypuff!" she cried out as she began to Sing her song.

"No!" I cried, knowing all too well what happens when you hear a Jigglypuff's song. I threw a poké ball, and...Jigglypuff was caught!

Jigglypuff.png

Uses its alluring eyes to enrapture its foe. It then sings a pleasing melody that lulls the foe to sleep.
Puffy the Jigglypuff, Level 3
-Sing​

I smiled at the realization that I could now send entire teams to sleep(even though I already could with Cotton's Sleep Powder), just like the Lass on Route 3. But sadly that would have to wait as Puffy was at such a low level. And in any case she was in the PC, so I continued down the route with my current team.

There were a few trainers to fight, including a pair of Junior Trainers who were more into themselves than Pokémon battling if you know what I mean. =P There was also a Bug Catcher who finally decided to use a fully evolved Bug-type with Butterfree. It wasn't enough to defeat ,my own Butterfree however. ^_^

One other thing of note was Ivanna finally learning a Poison-type move, Poison Sting. It wasn't very strong however, but at least it had a chance of poisoning her opponents. And Aria finally evolved into Pidgeotto, which was a bittersweet moment for me as it brought back memories of her fallen comrade, Concord.

Pidgeotto.png

This Pokémon is full of vitality. It constantly flies around its large territory in search of prey.
Aria the Pidgeotto, Level 18
-Gust
-Sand Attack
-Quick Attack​

Then, with the trainers routed, I finally arrived at my next location, the seaside Vermillion City,. Here was my chance to catch some Water-type Pokémon! But that would have to wait a bit, as like always I first healed my Pokémon at the PokéCentre and stocked up on pokéballs at the PokéMart before seeing what else the city had to offer.

The first thing I noticed was an old man fishing next to the PokéCentre. He noticed me too.

"Hey young'n, do you like to fish?"

I had never fished before in my life, but I didn't want to tell him that. "Yes," I replied. Nothing more, nothing less.

"That's great!" he said. Before I knew it he was handing me an Old Rod. "Take this. You can catch many great Pokémon with it. Go land the big one, young'n!"

I decided to give it a shot, casting a line into the sea just south of the PokéCentre. I waited, and waited, and wai-Oh, it's a bite!

Magikarp.png

Famous for being very unreliable. It can be found swimming in seas, lakes, rivers and shallow puddles.
Squishy the Magikarp, Level 5
-Splash​

And that is how Squishy joined my ever-growing team, which at long last now included a Water-type! I used up like half of my poké balls to catch it too(even while it was asleep!), so I figured it would be pretty good.

The next stop I made was to the Pokémon Fan Club. Inside I met a number of other Pokémon enthusiasts, but none more so than the president. He couldn't stop gushing about his prized Pokémon, a Rapidash, that he bragged about hugging and cuddling with. I found that hard to believe however as I saw no signs of burns anywhere on his body. O_o

Nonetheless he thanked me for the visit by giving me a Bike Voucher. Sweet! Now that cute pink bike with the basket I was admiring in Cerulean City could be mine! ^_^

After picking up a few more poké balls after losing so many for Squishy, I headed east towards Route 11 where I added another member to my team.

Pidgey.png

Very docile. If attacked, it will often kick up sand to protect itself rather than fight back.
Pip the Pidgey, Level 18
-Gust
-Sand Attack
-Quick Attack​

I didn't stay on the route for long, instead backtracking in order to explore Diglett's Cave on the edge of town, not intending to go too far just yet as I was merely looking for new Pokémon. Then..."Diglett!" I looked in every direction, including up this time, but nothing could be seen. I then realized that I had heard that sound once before, way back in Pewter Gym,,,at which point I knew to look down.

Diglett.png

It prefers dark places. It spends most of its time underground, though it may pop up in caves.
Claws the Diglett, Level 15
-Scratch
-Growl​

This one also took quite a few poké balls to catch, even after being put to sleep by Cotton.

I then returned to the PokéCentre, heading to the PC to greet my five new Pokémon. Both Puffy and Squishy were extremely weak compared to everyone else, and to make matters worse had no means of attacking whatsoever. Thus they were the priority as I began my largest training regiment yet.

I started on Route 6, but after too many close calls with wild Pidgeotto I decided to backtrack all the way to Cerulean City. I had wanted to go there anyway as I could now get my brand new bike! :D I quickly hopped onto it and continued to Route 24 for more training.

Puffy and Squishy grew pretty quickly at first, mostly with Toxica's help as she had an advantage over the Oddish and Bellsprout of the route. Once Toxica grew stronger and learned Confusion, Pip started taking over more, eventually learning Whirlwind before evolving into my third Pidgeotto of the journey.

Pidgeotto.png

This Pokémon is full of vitality. It constantly flies around its large territory in search of prey.
Pip the Pidgeotto, Level 19
-Gust
-Sand Attack
-Quick Attack
-Whirlwind​

At this point I decided to take Puffy and Squishy to Route 4 along with Odin and Claws, neither of which were prepared for Route 24, and Cotton and Loki included for added protection. Cotton sympathized with the two Pokémon who couldn't attack, as she had a similar experience back when we first met in Viridian Forest. As for Loki, he was starting to form a rivalry with Odin, his fellow Rattata. Their race against one another to become stronger was eventually won by Loki however, when he evolved into Raticate.

Raticate.png

Its hind feet are webbed. They act as flippers, so it can swim in rivers and hunt for prey.
Loki the Raticate, Level 20
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang​

I did some more training, and eventually Puffy and Squishy learned some new moves. Puffy learned Pound and later Disable, and was finally able to do some fighting herself, while Squishy learned Tackle, though was still rather weak. At one point I reached into my bag to grab a Potion, but pulled out a pair of Rare Candies instead, Before I knew it Squishy had gobbled them up, at which point she began to glow, growing bigger, and bigger, and bigger.

Gyarados.png

Brutally vicious and enormously destructive. Known for totally destroying cities in ancient times.
Squishy the Gyarados, Level 20
-Splash
-Tackle
-Bite​

"Squishy...is that you?" I finally managed to say, startled beyond disbelief. What just happened? Did this monster just eat my little squishy Squishy? Or could it be that this monster was Squishy?!

"Gyarados!" she cried out, testing out her new Bite attack on an unsuspecting Sandshrew. She definitely didn't need her friends' help to battle anymore, that was for sure! And yes, she definitely was Squishy after all. I could see it in her eyes that she was thankful for all the love we had given her on her long and awkward journey to become...this.

There was not much training left to do after that, as I felt that I was now more than ready to continue on my way. Nonetheless were two things left to do: continue training Claws until he learned Dig(how he got underground before was a mystery but I just accepted it), and taking one of the Moon Stones in my bag and offering it to Ivanna.

Nidoqueen.png

Tough scales cover the sturdy body of this Pokémon. It appears that the scales grow in cycles.
Ivanna the Nidoqueen, Level 20
-Poison Sting
-Tackle
-Scratch
-Double Kick​

"Nidoqueen!" she cheered happily after the evolution was complete, flexing her muscles to try out her new power. She could now protect her friends even more than she once could, and that put a smile on both of our faces.

I then turned and headed back to Vermillion, now more than ready to continue on my journey.

Chapter 10 Round-up

Money: 23,834
Time: 11:27
Living: 11

Badge Case

01.gif
02.gif

Items

Poké Ball x 12
Moon Stone x 1
Escape Rope x 1
Ether x 1
Full Restore x 1
X Special x 1

I haven't decided if I'll use the X Special or just sell it. It might be useful in Saffron Gym....

Team

Nidoqueen.png

Ivanna the Nidoqueen, Level 20
-Poison Sting
-Tackle
-Scratch
-Double Kick

Butterfree.png

Cotton the Butterfree, Level 19
-Sleep Powder
-Confusion
-Poisonpowder
-Stun Spore

Zubat.png

Damon the Zubat, Level 19
-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Bite

Jigglypuff.png

Puffy the Jigglypuff, Level 18
-Sing
-Pound
-Disable

Gyarados.png

Squishy the Gyarados, Level 20
-Splash
-Tackle
-Bite

Diglett.png

Claws the Diglett, Level 19
-Scratch
-Growl
-Dig

Other Pokémon

Spoiler:

You can probably see why I took a break now, given all the training that went on. Look at how much the time counter progressed. =O

And now I have two more types represented with Ground and Water! Though no moves of the latter type yet. I'm still surprised that I never encountered a single Grass-type...Rock Tunnel is going to be tough. @_@

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
Squishy is brilliant lol. It's awesome to see you add variety to your team :)

And again, great job writing this chapter. I love the life you breathe into the original text and gameplay.

Well done :)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
You can get Bulbasaur in Cerulean City(unless getting a Pokemon from a trainer is against the spirit of the challenge). Same can be said for Charmander if you want a Fire Type :). Will take a bit of training to get them up to snuff but so far your team isn't so bad. Whatever worked against Brock will work in Rock Tunnel and don't forget Claw's Dig is super effective on Rock Types(as is Ivanna's Double Kick).

Good luck on Rock Tunnel as it will test your team's endurance.

Also, I think I'll start my own Pokemon Yellow challenge today. Will be the custom challenge I developed earlier in this topic with having just 6 Active Pokemon and locking types once they're caught. Pokemon caps are based on highest level of next Gym Leader(12, 21, 28, 32, 50, 50, 54 and 55. 65 for E4) and Gym Battles are on an even basis(1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc. or you can go into a battle like Ash did against Elesa with just 1 Pokemon). Pikachu is my starter and will last until it dies. Use of Healing items is limited to those found. Considering the cap on Active Pokemon, it is possible to get by without buying anything from Pokemon Mart's. TM restriction based on STAB and lack of natural move(ex: Teaching Dig to Sandshrew). HM's can be taught to any active Pokemon. Pokemon acquired from Trainers(Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle) are permitted but count against Active/type restrictions(which with TM restriction, may not be the best route to take(Squirtle doesn't learn Ice moves)).

Last edited:

Jonothon

~ Farrah Moan ~
Years
I am absolutely loving your writing so far! It is filled with a lot of easy-to-read happiness, but you are also good at evoking emotion during death scenes and serious battles. I'm looking forward to seeing your character and her Pokemon's personalities continue to grow!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Little more than 3 hours in and almost lost my starter to Misty's damn Bubblebeam. Have come to appreciate Thunder Wave all the more because had I not beaten Staryu without getting scratched(paralysis hit Staryu hard), I probably would have lost Pikachu from a critical Bubblebeam from Starmie. Swapped over to Butterfree, used Confusion and managed to get it confused. Took the opportunity to potion Pikachu back to combat worthiness and then shocked Starmie into yielding. Misty flirted with me afterwards... swear that girl must not get out often.

Currently north of Nugget Bridge with a Pikachu, Butterfree and Sandshrew on my active roster(20/20/19 respectively in level). Been debating whether or not I should get a Grass Pokemon. Part of me wants to teach Cut to Sandshrew and go through the game without a Grass Pokemon(who typically are caught purely for Cut). If I opt to go that route, got tons of options to consider for its replacement. Already have Electric, Bug and Ground types locked so yeah... decisions to make before I start up again. Oh and my nicknames are Jeremy(Pikachu), Aelita(Butterfree) and Ulrich(Sandshrew).

Hopefully your St.Anne adventure turns out smoothly(it should as you pretty much can avoid the trainers on there if you wanted to). Claws should own Lt.Surge. Last time I faced him... the moron used Thunderbolt on my Sandshrew. Can't tell you how much I laugh when that happens.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Thank you for your comments Knost, CodeHelmet, and Jonothon. And also Wizarmonfan who VM'd me instead. It's always nice to read what you have to say, and also read about your own challenges. ^_^

About Bulbasaur and Charmander, yes, they are against the rules for my challenge, which bans all gift Pokémon. I consider gift Pokémon to be anything you obtain without having to catch it. This includes all the starters in Yellow, and also the Magikarp you can purchase at Route 3's PokéCentre.

And one small housekeeping note about the rules, which I have altered again. First of all, in addition to poké balls I'll also allow myself to buy evolution items. I had forgotten that it's the only way to get them in some games lol. The second change was more common sense, allowing me to catch Pokémon for the sole purpose of being HM slaves. None of my dead Pokémon can learn Cut so it's kind of a necessity right now. xD

Chapter 11 - Billie On Board

Back in Vermillion City, I headed to the gym to get a better idea of who I was fighting. It was situated right by the water near the Pokémon Fan Club, though just like in Cerulean City there was a tree blocking my progression forward. Maybe this is a Kanto-wide problem, I thought to myself as I looked for any other way into the building. Sadly there was none, but I did get a clue as to who I would be fighting when I saw a nearby sign.

"Vermillion City Gym, Leader Lt. Surge: The Lightning American!"

So I would be battling a military man from America who most definitely used Electric-types. I looked at my team and frowned, noticing that they were mostly Flying-types. My two Ground-types, Ivanna and Claws, would likely be running the show.

That is...if I could ever figure out my way into the gym in the first place.

But then I noticed something else in the harbour...a giant cruise ship, one that had not been there during my previous visit to the city. And on the side in big letters was the name "S.S. Anne".

"S.S. Anne..." I read the name aloud. Now why did that ring a bell?

Of course! I pulled out the ticket that the Pokémaniac Bill had given me back on Route 25. He said something about a "fancy-do" on a ship filled with trainers from around the world! ^_^

I immediately knew that I just had to attend. I could explore the luxury liner to my heart's content, meet new people, and most importantly I could further train Ivanna and Claws for the gym battle ahead.

However I did not feel like I could attend the way I was, so I quickly returned to the PokéCentre to do my hair and makeup. I also switched into a black dress that I had sent from home through the PC system(which contrary to popular belief is not just for Pokémon ;) ).

Jessica2.png

Once I deemed myself ready to go, I traveled back to the harbour and made my way to the S.S. Anne.

"Excuse me miss," a Sailor said, preventing me from going any further. "I'm sorry, but this party is invitation only."

I pulled the S.S. Ticket from my bag and handed it to the man. He looked it over with a questioning look on his face. "Your name is Bill?"

"Uhh...Billie actually!" I finally said. I almost blew the cover that I didn't know I needed to have! "Someone must have made a mistake entering the name," I added with a smile while trying to look as innocent as I possibly could.

The sailor shrugged. "Fine, carry on. Enjoy your stay, Billie!"

I walked past him, still smiling as I walked up the ramp into the ship. The moment I was out of sight I let out a long siiiiiiiigh of relief. Phew, that was close!

When I had regained my composure I began looking around at my surroundings. Where I expected halls filled with party-goers and trainers, I instead saw a Sailor with mop in hand, cleaning the floor.

"The party's over, miss," he said, noticing my look of surprise.

What? I thought to myself, disappointed. Maybe I spent too much time getting ready...

The Sailor then noticed the poké balls attached to my bag. "There are still plenty of people to battle though," he said. "Particularly the crew's quarters, down that way." He pointed down a long corridor to the left.

"Thank you," I replied, going in the direction he indicated.

And as it turned out the Sailor was right, as there were quite a few of his crew mates there who were happy to challenge me to Pokémon battles. They didn't even seem to mind that I was somewhat overdressed for the situation. Most used Water-type Pokémon along with the occasional Machop, who were handled by Squishy and Cotton respectively, with Puffy getting a handful of Pounds in. There were also a number of Tentacool, a jellyfish Pokémon that I was seeing for the first time. Damon and Ivanna mostly handled them as I was afraid of Poison Sting hurting the others.

I eventually challenged a few of the ship's passengers as well, which was great because they had more than just Water-types(much to Claws' relief!). I battled an older Gentleman who had a pair of Growlithes, and another with a Ponyta, all Fire-type Pokémon who went down from single hits from Claws' Dig. I was worried about sinking the ship from him using the move, but it worked out fine as he seemed to have dug into an alternate dimension rather than the floorboards; he was quite the unusual critter indeed.

And finally..."Excuse me miss, are you lost?" I turned and was surprised to see my old acquaintance, Gary.

Gary.png

"Gary?" I responded, surprised at his calling me 'miss' over 'hey you'.

"Do I know you?" he said back to me, confused. "No, I couldn't possibly forget about someone like...oh wait, it's you! Hah! Hahaha!"

Okay, now he got my name right. Heh.

"I didn't recognize you, looking so nice and all for a change," Gary then said, apparently thinking it was a compliment. "Anyway, while we're here let's have a battle! I want to see if my Pokémon can beat you again!"

"Again?" I replied. Now it was my turn to laugh. "When have your Pokémon ever beat mine, exactly? Puffy, I choose you!"

Gary chose his Spearow first, just like the last two times. Puffy Pounded him down while taking a few Pecks, and eventually won the fray. Gary then chose Rattata, against whom I sent out Ivanna, who after a Double Kick had easily taken out the second Pokémon of the match.

Gary's third was a Sandshrew, who I thought Cotton could handle. He used Scratch while she used Confusion, with the latter doing more damage than the former. But then..."Sandshrew use Slash!" Wait, if he had a stronger move why not use it all along?! Was he trying to trick me into underestimating him?! The Slash did so much damage that I feared I was about to lose Cotton. Fortunately she survived with a sliver and health, and while I believed she could finish her opponent off with one more Confusion, I did not take the chance and instead switched in Ivanna to finish the job.

Ivanna also stayed in against Gary's last Pokémon, Eevee. This pair-up was much less uneventful, with a Double Kick finishing the job.

"What a let-down," Gary said as he began to leave. "This whole ship was, really. Even that supposed Cut Master...he was just an old seasick captain. Anyways, I'll be off now to find some some new Pokémon."

He turned around the corner, leaving me astonished that he did not end our greeting with that-

"Oh yeah," I could hear him say, turning his face back around to see me. "Smell ya later!"

Then he was gone.

I started to clench my fists at the thought of him getting away with saying that again when I heard someone coughing in the distance. They seemed really sick! :O

I rushed into the room the noise was coming from, only to discover that I was in the captain's cabin! I could see a man, most likely the room's intended occupant, hunched over a trash can. "Are you all right, sir?" I asked as I went over to help the man up. At the same time I couldn't help looking into the can. Yuck, I thought, turning away. Shouldn't have looked!

I helped the captain back to his seat. He was feeling a lot better now, and even thanked me for my help by offering me an HM01. With it I could finally teach my Pokémon to Cut down those pesky trees that had been blocking my way in Cerulean and Vermilion Cities earlier. Sweet!

I thanked the man and continued on my way. Not long after leaving the ship I could see it disembarking into the sea ahead. I stayed there and watched as it disappeared into the sunset.

Chapter 11 Round-up

Money: 39,369
Time: 12:26

Badge Case

01.gif
02.gif

Items

Poké Ball x 12
Great Ball x 1
Moon Stone x 1
Escape Rope x 1
Rare Candy x 1
Ether x 2
Max Ether x 1
Full Restore x 1
Max Potion x 1
X Special x 1

Team

Nidoqueen.png

Ivanna the Nidoqueen, Level 22
-Poison Sting
-Tackle
-Scratch
-Double Kick

Butterfree.png

Cotton the Butterfree, Level 20
-Sleep Powder
-Confusion
-Poisonpowder
-Stun Spore

Zubat.png

-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Bite

Jigglypuff.png

Puffy the Jigglypuff, Level 20
-Sing
-Pound
-Disable

Gyarados.png

Squishy the Gyarados, Level 21
-Splash
-Tackle
-Bite

Diglett.png

Claws the Diglett, Level 22
-Scratch
-Growl
-Dig

Other Pokémon

Spoiler:

I'm still worried about Lt. Surge even though I don't think I should be. I'll be training my Pokémon, particularly Ivanna and Claws, on Route 11 and Diglett's Cave in the next chapter. I've flirted with the idea of evolving Claws into Dugtrio before the gym, but I don't think it'll matter. What do you think?

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Thank you for your comments Knost, CodeHelmet, and Jonothon. And also Wizarmonfan who VM'd me instead. It's always nice to read what you have to say, and also read about your own challenges. ^_^

About Bulbasaur and Charmander, yes, they are against the rules for my challenge, which bans all gift Pok?mon. I consider gift Pok?mon to be anything you obtain without having to catch it. This includes all the starters in Yellow, and also the Magikarp you can purchase on Route 3's Pok?Centre.

And one small housekeeping note about the rules, which I have altered again. First of all, in addition to pok? balls I'll also allow myself to buy evolution items. I had forgotten that it's the only way to get them in some games lol. The second change was more common sense, allowing me to catch Pok?mon for the sole purpose of being HM slaves. None of my dead Pok?mon can learn Cut so it's kind of a necessity right now. xD

Chapter 11 - Billie On Board

Back in Vermillion City, I headed to the gym to get a better idea of who I was fighting. It was situated right by the water near the Pok?mon Fan Club, though just like in Cerulean City there was a tree blocking my progression forward. Maybe this is a Kanto-wide problem, I thought to myself as I looked for any other way into the building. Sadly there was none, but I did get a clue as to who I would be fighting when I saw I nearby sign.

"Vermillion City Gym, Leader Lt. Surge: The Lightning American!"

So I would be battling a military man from America who most likely used Electric-types. I looked at my team and frowned, noticing that they were mostly Flying-types. My two Ground-types, Ivanna and Claws, would likely be running the show.

That is...if I could ever figure out my way into the gym in the first place.

But then I noticed something else in the harbour...a giant cruise ship, one that had not been there during my previous visit to the city. And on the side in big letters was the name "S.S. Anne".

"S.S. Anne..." I read the name aloud. Now why does that ring a bell?

Of course! I pull out the ticket that the Pok?maniac Bill had given me back on Route 25. He said something about a "fancy-do" on a ship filled with trainers from around the world! ^_^

I immediately knew that I just had to attend. I could explore the luxury liner to my heart's content, meet new people, and most importantly I could further train Ivanna and Claws for the gym battle ahead.

However I did not feel like I could attend the way I was, so I quickly returned to the Pok?Centre to do my hair and makeup. I also switched into a black dress that I had sent from home through the PC system(which contrary to popular belief is not just for Pok?mon ;) ).

Jessica2.png

Once I deemed myself ready to go, I traveled back to the harbour and made my way to the S.S. Anne.

"Excuse me miss," a Sailor said, preventing me from going any further. "I'm sorry, but this party is invitation only."

I pulled the S.S. Ticket from my bag and handed it to the man. He looked it over with a questioning look on his face. "Your name is Bill?"

"Uhh...Billie actually!" I finally said. I almost blew the cover that I didn't know I needed to have! "Someone must have made a mistake entering the name," I added with a smile while trying to look as innocent as I possibly could.

The sailor shrugged. "Fine, carry on. Enjoy your stay, Billie!"

I walked past him, still smiling as I walked up the ramp into the ship. The moment I was out of sight I let out a long siiiiiiiigh of relief. Phew, that was close!

When I had regained my composure I began looking around at my surroundings. Where I expected halls filled with party-goers and trainers, I instead saw a Sailor with mop in hand, cleaning the floor.

"The party's over, miss," he said, noticing my look of surprise.

What? I thought to myself, disappointed. Maybe I spent too much time getting ready...

The Sailor then noticed the pok? balls attached to my bag. "There are still plenty of people to battle though," he said. "Particularly the crew's quarters, down that way." He pointed down a long corridor to the left.

"Thank you," I replied, going in the direction he indicated.

And as it turned out the Sailor was right, as there were quite a few of his crew mates there who were happy to challenge me to Pok?mon battles. They didn't even seem to mind that I was somewhat overdressed for the situation. Most used Water-type Pok?mon along with the occasional Machop, who were handled by Squishy and Cotton respectively, which Puffy getting a handful of Pounds in. There were also a number of Tentacool, a jellyfish Pok?mon that I was seeing for the first time. Damon and Ivanna mostly handled them as I was afraid of Poison Sting hurting the others.

I eventually challenged a few of the ship's passengers as well, which was great because they had more than just Water-types(much to Claws' relief!). I battled a older Gentleman who had a pair of Grolithes, and another with a Ponyta, all Fire-type Pok?mon who went down from single hits from Claws' Dig. I was worried about sinking the ship from him using the move, but it worked out fine as he seemed to have dug into an alternate dimension rather than the floorboards; he was quite the unusual critter indeed.

And finally..."Excuse me miss, are you lost?" I turned and was surprised to see my old acquaintance, Gary.

Gary.png

"Gary?" I responded, surprised at his calling me 'miss' over 'hey you'.

"Do I know you?" he said back to me, confused. "No, I couldn't possibly forget about someone like...oh wait, it's you! Hah! Hahaha!"

Okay, now he got my name right. Heh.

"I didn't recognize you, looking so nice and all for a change," Gary then said, apparently thinking it was a compliment. "Anyway, while we're here let's have a battle! I want to see if my Pok?mon can beat you again!"

"Again?" I replied. Now it was my turn to laugh. "When have your Pok?mon ever beat mine, exactly? Puffy, I choose you!"

Gary chose his Spearow first, just like the last two times. Puffy Pounded him a few times while taking a few Pecks, and eventually won the day. He then chose Rattata, against whom I sent out Ivanna, who after a Double Kick had easily taken out the second Pok?mon.

Gary's third was a Sandshrew, who I thought Cotton could handle. He used Scratch while she used Confusion, with the latter doing more damage than the former. But then..."Sandshrew use Slash!" Wait, if he had a stronger move why not use it all along?! Was Gary trying to trick me into underestimating him?! The Slash did so much damage that I feared I was about to lose Cotton. Fortunately she survived with a sliver and health, and while I believed she could finish her opponent off with one more Confusion, I did not take the chance and instead switched in Ivanna to finish the job.

Ivanna also stayed in against Gary's last Pok?mon, Eevee. This pair-up was much less uneventful, with a Double Kick finishing the job.

"What a let-down," Gary said as he began to leave. "This whole ship was, really. Even that supposed Cut Master...he was just an old seasick captain. Anyways, I'll be off now to find some some new Pok?mon."

He turned around the corner, leaving me astonished that he did not end our greeting with that-

"Oh yeah," I could hear him say, turning his face back around to see me. "Smell ya later!"

Then he was gone.

I started to clench my fists at the thought of him getting away with saying that again when I heard someone coughing in the distance. They seemed really sick! :O

I rushed into the room the noise was coming from, only to discover that I was in the captain's cabin! I could see a man, most likely the room's intended occupant, hunched over a trash can. "Are you all right, sir?" I asked as I went over to help the man up. At the same time I couldn't help looking into the can. Yuck, I thought, turning away. Shouldn't have looked!

I helped the captain back to his seat. He was feeling a lot better now, and even thanked me for my help by offering me an HM01. With it I could finally teach my Pok?mon to cut down those pesky trees that had been blocking my way in Cerulean and Vermilion Cities. Sweet!

I thanked the man and continued on my way. Not long after leaving the ship I could see it disembarking into the sea ahead. I stayed there and watched as it disappeared into the sunset.

Chapter 11 Round-up

Money: 39,369
Time: 12:26

Badge Case

01.gif
02.gif

Items

Pok? Ball x 12
Great Ball x 1
Moon Stone x 1
Escape Rope x 1
Rare Candy x 1
Ether x 2
Max Ether x 1
Full Restore x 1
Max Potion x 1
X Special x 1

Team

Nidoqueen.png

-Poison Sting
-Tackle
-Scratch
-Double Kick

Butterfree.png

Cotton the Butterfree, Level 20
-Sleep Powder
-Confusion
-Poisonpowder
-Stun Spore

Zubat.png

-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Bite

Jigglypuff.png

-Sing
-Pound
-Disable

Gyarados.png

Squishy the Gyarados, Level 21
-Splash
-Tackle
-Bite

Diglett.png

Claws the Diglett, Level 22
-Scratch
-Growl
-Dig

Other Pok?mon

Spoiler:

I'm still worried about Lt. Surge even though I don't think I should be. I'll be training my Pok?mon, particularly Ivanna and Claws, on Route 11 and Diglett's Cave in the next chapter. I've flirted with the idea of evolving Claws into Dugtrio before the gym, but I don't think it'll matter. What do you think?

One thing you have going for Claws is that Diglett are incredibly fast. Meaning you can get Dig to start before Raichu even does its first move. Since Thunderbolt is all but useless against Ground types, all you have to worry about are its Mega Kick and Mega Punch moves(which have decent power but not the greatest accuracy). The other move is Growl, which ironically is what Lt.Surge used against my Sandshrew when I faced him not even an hour ago. Little under 5 hours of game time and I have 3 Badges with a level 28 Sandshrew(Ulrich), level 27 Pikachu(Jeremy) and level 24 Butterfree(Aelita).

Before I proceed to Rock Tunnel, I'll probably train a bit to get my Pokemon up to 30 or so. I taught Ulrich Cut so now I'm free to get w/e I want. Thinking of utilizing Snorlax that I'll have to fight later on in the game. Also plan to use Vulpix from Rocket Game Corner(I know its technically a gift Pokemon but I'll be working for it). Same deal with Lapras in Silph HQ. At least I'll be going through a game without any of the Kanto starters(I RARELY do that lol).

Years
Before I proceed to Rock Tunnel, I'll probably train a bit to get my Pokemon up to 30 or so. I taught Ulrich Cut so now I'm free to get w/e I want. Thinking of utilizing Snorlax that I'll have to fight later on in the game. Also plan to use Vulpix from Rocket Game Corner(I know its technically a gift Pokemon but I'll be working for it). Same deal with Lapras in Silph HQ. At least I'll be going through a game without any of the Kanto starters(I RARELY do that lol).

Hi, I like your enthusiasmus for your challenge, but if you want to continue, make your own thread. Right now, with these type of posts, you are breaking rules of Challenge Logs. To be more specific, this one:

With the previous rule in mind, please also remember not to sign up for a challenge in someone's log thread. You are more than welcome to make a log of that challenge for yourself, but do not sign up and post your own updates in another person's logs. It defeats the point of this area!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hi, I like your enthusiasmus for your challenge, but if you want to continue, make your own thread. Right now, with these type of posts, you are breaking rules of Challenge Logs. To be more specific, this one:

My bad, and I apologize to you Jessica as this is your Challenge thread. I'll be busy for the next few days so I can't wait to see what transpires while I'm gone.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
No worries CodeHelmet. Maybe you could start your own thread like Janp suggested? I'll be sure to check it out if you do! ^_^

Moving forward now, I also caught a Bellsprout since last time and named him SLAVE. However for the story I'll pretend he doesn't exist, instead making HM's work more like Ride Pok?mon in Sun and Moon. xD

Chapter 12 - Old Friends

After healing my Pok?mon I decided to do some more training on Route 11 before challenging the gym. There were a number of Youngsters there who Claws easily defeated, and also four Gamblers who gave me very different experiences. One had Fire-types and another had Electric-types, both of which were easily defeated by Claws. I switched Damon in against the one using Water-types, which was fine, but then I decided to use Aria against the Grass-types.

...which were also Poison-types.

After facing a few Oddish and Bellsprout before, I knew they were of the Poison-type, but until then I had not seen them use any Poison-type moves. I had been so careful to avoid getting my Pok?mon poisoned, but then I was dealing with just that as I rushed to the Pok?Centre to heal Aria(who had been hit by Poisonpowder) before it was too late.

And I made it in just the nick of time. Aria was going to be fine! ^_^

I eventually returned to the route after rethinking my strategy against poison, but by then the Gamblers were gone. Instead there were a number of Engineers laying down cables on the road.

Worker.png

They had happened to be on break when I arrived, and so asked me for a Pok?mon battle, which I accepted. It turned out to be an excellent training session for Claws as his opponents were all Electric-types which each got OHKO'd from his Dig. He grew a lot from the successive battles, and even learned a new move, Sand Attack,

Hopefully the gym battle goes as smoothly, I thought to myself as I continued east into a nearby gatehouse. It was apparently the end of the route however as I could see signs saying the road was closed due to a large sleeping Pok?mon in the way. I shrugged and turned around, returning to Vermilion City.

My next destination was Diglett's Cave, which I had yet to fully explore. It was a long underground tunnel that I was worried about carelessly spelunking through, especially with all those Diglett ready to attack me at any moment. Thankfully I had Squishy on my side, who could knock each one out with a single Bite each, effectively making the journey through the tunnel a simple game of Whack-a-Mole. =D

I could see an exit coming nearer, and when I finally saw the light of day again I was astonished! I was on Route 2 again! And thanks to my new HM I could now cut down some trees and return to Pewter City! If only I had this thing earlier I thought as I made my way to the Pok?Centre to restore Squishy's power.

While I was in town I decided to return to the Pewter Museum of Science. Maybe they had some new exhibits!

I was just about there when I heard a familiar voice. "Jessica?"

Pofessor_Oak.png

It was Professor Oak, the Pok?mon researcher from Pallet Town who had offered to give me a Pikachu at the very start of my journey. But...how did he know my name?

"Gary's told me a lot about you," he said. Oh right, he's Gary's grandfather!

"Hello Professor," I said. Then..."What has he told you?" I asked, praying that the answer would have nothing to do with my scent.

"You're a good influence on my grandson," Oak replied. "He's always trying to improve himself so that he can keep up to you."

"Really?" I responded, clearly shocked. "He never gave me that impression at all."

We talked a bit more about Gary's and my Pok?mon journeys, and about Pok?mon in general, as we made our way into the museum. I had just finished telling him about the large sleeping Pok?mon at the end of Route 11.

"Yes, that is a predicament," Oak said, thinking it over. "You'll have to go through the Rock Tunnel to get around it, unfortunately."

That's what I was afraid of. My team, although better than it was when I went through Mt. Moon, was still ill-prepared for caves. But I soon found out that wasn't the only problem.

"Unlike Mt. Moon, Rock Tunnel is completely dark inside. You won't be able to see your own hands!" Oak informed me. "But I may just have something to help with that," he added as he handed me an HM05. "This will allow your Pok?mon to use the move Flash outside of battle. With it they should be able to light up even the darkest caves-including Rock Tunnel!"

I thanked the professor for his gift, and after a few more encounters around the museum-including with some shady guy trying to get me to smuggle some Old Amber to a faraway island for him-I decided to make my leave.

The path through Diglett's Cave was mostly the same as the first time, except for a few run-ins with Dugtrio, Diglett's "evolved" form(even though it was just a group of three Diglett). They weren't defeated in one hit like the others, but they were defeated in two, which was still fine.

Near the exit to Vermilion City I began using Damon for a few battles, allowing him to learn Confuse Ray(aka Supersonic but much, much better), and also to evolve.

Golbat.png

It attacks in a stealthy manner, without warning. Its sharp fangs are used to bite and suck blood.
Damon the Golbat, Level 22
-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Bite
-Confuse Ray​

Damon dashed around the cave, excited beyond description over his newly gained wingspan and speed, and perhaps most importantly for him, eyes.

"Golbat!" he yelled out, rushing to greet me as he was seeing me for the first time. He wrapped his wings around me as he attempted to give me the closest thing to a hug he could muster. I couldn't help but laugh, joining in with his happiness.

And he wasn't the only one to evolve, as I soon got my second Raticate as well.

Raticate.png

Its hind feet are webbed. They act as flippers, so it can swim in rivers and hunt for prey.
Odin the Raticate, Level 20
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang​

I considered training Claws a little more in order to evolve him as well, but I decided against it as we were more than ready to challenge the gym by now. And so I went to the Pok?Centre, deposited all my Flying-types, withdrew everything else, and headed at long last to Vermilion City Gym.

Chapter 12 Round-up

Money: 45,484
Time: 13:39

Badge Case

01.gif
02.gif

Items

Pok? Ball x 17
Great Ball x 1
Potion x 1
Full Restore x 1
Hyper Potion x 1
Max Potion x 1
Ether x 2
Max Ether x 1
X Special x 1
Moon Stone x 2
Escape Rope x 2
Rare Candy x 1

Team

Nidoqueen.png

-Poison Sting
-Tackle
-Scratch
-Double Kick

Raticate.png

-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang

Venonat.png

Toxika the Venonat, level 19
-Tackle
-Disable
-Supersonic
-Confusion

Jigglypuff.png

-Sing
-Pound
-Disable

Diglett.png

Claws the Diglett, Level 25
-Scratch
-Growl
-Dig
-Sand Attack

Other Pok?mon

Spoiler:

There is a VERY good chance that I'll be evolving Claws from within the gym now. Wish me luck! ^_^

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Chapter 13 - Vermilion City Gym Battle

I cut down the tree blocking my way to the gym and stepped inside, expecting to see some amazing electricity-themed display. But all I saw was...trash cans. O_o

There were a few trainers standing around, and after a few moments of me standing there confused, one of them, a Gentleman, walked up to me.

"Excuse me miss, were you perhaps looking for the Pok?mon Fan Club?" he asked. "You must have made a wrong turn. This is the city's Pok?mon Gym."

"No mistake," I replied. "I am here to challenge the gym leader."

"You...you are going to challenge the gym leader?" the Gentleman asked, raising his voice so his fellow minions could hear. They did, immediately beginning to laugh. "Do you know who you're challenging, little girl? Lieutenant Surge has fought many, many battles, and not just of the Pok?mon kind."

"It's not too late to turn back, sweetie," one of the others, a Rocker this time, said, joining the conversation. "Just say you were looking for the Pok?mon Fan Club and be on your way." They all laughed again, apparently expecting me to run away crying to my mommy.

As if. "Either direct me to the leader or challenge me yourselves," I responded in kind. "Or perhaps you're the ones who are too afraid to fight," I added with the most evil-looking smile I could muster.

And it worked. They were triggered all right. Though...perhaps a little too much.

"Magnemite, go!"
"Voltorb, I choose you!"
"Voltorb, let's do this!"

Wait, all three of them were challenging me now?! At the same time?! You've gone and done it now Jessica... I thought to myself as I sent Claws out of his pok? ball.

"Hahaha," the Sailor began to laugh. "She's brought in a Ground-type thinking that's all she'll need to defeat us!" The others echoed his sentiment as they gave their orders to their Pok?mon.

But...Claws was already nowhere to be seen.

"Where did...?" the Gentleman began, before realizing his mistake. By now the laughing was gone, and an eerie silence filled the area. And then...

And then the ground began to shake.

"Diglett!"
"Diglett!"
"Diglett!"

It was almost instantaneous. The two Voltorb and the Magnemite didn't know what hit them, as they were each simultaneously struck by a Diglett erupting from the ground beneath them. They were each sent flying past their trainers and into the wall on the far side of the arena.

But...how could Claws have beat them all at the same time? He couldn't be in three places at once...could he? Or...that's it! He had evolved!

Dugtrio.png

A team of triplets that can burrow over 60 mph. Due to this, some people think it's an earthquake.
Claws the Dugtrio, Level 26
-Scratch
-Growl
-Dig
-Sand Attack​

The three little Diglett came together to form the larger Dugtrio, just in time to see the look of complete shock on my former opponents' faces.

Then..."What is going on here?! Can you guys keep it down? At least tell me what's so funny!"

Lieutenant_Surge.png

"Master Surge!" the Sailor cried out, obviously startled. "We're sorry! This girl here...she...she..."

"She sent you running away to your mommy, that's what she did! And you know what, I would have done much worse! What's the big idea ganging up on someone like that! You men should know better!"

"We're sorry!" the Rocker pleaded, on his knees. "We were just-".

"I don't care about your excuses!" the lieutenant interrupted. "Just get out of my sight, the lot of you! One hundred and fifty laps around the gym, and then we'll talk...maybe." Then..."Not tomorrow, now! Move it!"

"Yes sir, lieutenant sir!" the men yelled in unison before running out the door.

The lieutenant then turned to me, his demeanor completely changed(much to my relief *sweatdrop*). "Sorry about those guys," he said. "They mean well, but they can get a little...enthusiastic at times." I nodded, accepting his apology.

"Now then," he continued. "I heard you were looking for a gym match. Is that still the case?"

I nodded.

"Very well, but I'm a lot stronger than those guys. You had better prepare yourself. Raichu, I choose you!"

Raichu.jpg

Raichu, I thought. The evolved form of Pikachu, eh? "Claws, I choose you!" I shouted as my newest Pok?mon emerged mysteriously from beneath the floorboards.

"Raichu, Growl!" the lieutenant shouted to his Pok?mon. But it was already too late, as Claws was deep underground somewhere in his alternate dimension.

"Claws, use Dig!" I shouted as the Dugtrio nearly flew out of the ground, slamming into Raichu head-on. It was a direct hit! Raichu was...Raichu was defeated!

"No way!" the lieutenant shouted, running to his Pok?mon's side. "Out before I even begun!"

After a few moments he got up and turned to me. "It seems that not only my subordinates, but I myself have underestimated you, miss. I have no choice but to concede to you the Thunder Badge."

Thunder_Badge.png

I took the badge in my hand, still amazed at how short and simple the match had been, perhaps even more so than the lieutenant himself.

"You train hard now, young lady!" he said to me as I began to make my leave. "I don't want to hear that you gave up after having such a decisive victory here!"

"Never going to happen," I replied back to him as I stepped out of the gym, where the Sailor, Rocker, and Gentleman were still out there doing their rounds around the building.

Time for me to continue training as well I thought, as I began the journey north towards Rock Tunnel.

Chapter 13 Round-up

Badge Case

01.gif
02.gif
03.gif

Items

Pok? Ball x 17
Great Ball x 1
Potion x 1
Full Restore x 1
Hyper Potion x 1
Max Potion x 1
Ether x 2
Max Ether x 1
X Special x 1
Moon Stone x 2
Escape Rope x 2
Rare Candy x 1

Team

Nidoqueen.png

-Poison Sting
-Tackle
-Scratch
-Double Kick

Raticate.png

-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang

Venonat.png

-Tackle
-Disable
-Supersonic
-Confusion

Jigglypuff.png

-Sing
-Pound
-Disable
-Defense Curl

Dugtrio.png

Claws the Dugtrio, Level 27
-Scratch
-Growl
-Dig
-Sand Attack

Other Pok?mon

Spoiler:

I definitely overestimated that one lmao. This was by far the easiest gym battle so far.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Chapter 13 - Vermilion City Gym Battle

I cut down the tree blocking my way to the gym and stepped inside, expecting to see some amazing electricity-themed display. But all I saw was...trash cans. O_o

There were a few trainers standing around, and after a few moments of me standing there confused, one of them, a Gentleman, walked up to me.

"Excuse me miss, were you perhaps looking for the Pok?mon Fan Club?" he asked. "You must have made a wrong turn. This is the city's Pok?mon Gym."

"No mistake," I replied. "I am here to challenge the gym leader."

"You...you are going to challenge the gym leader?" the Gentleman asked, raising his voice so his fellow minions could hear. They did, immediately beginning to laugh. "Do you know who you're challenging, little girl? Lieutenant Surge has fought many, many battles, and not just of the Pok?mon kind."

"It's not too late to turn back, sweetie," one of the others, a Rocker this time, said, joining the conversation. "Just say you were looking for the Pok?mon Fan Club and be on your way." They all laughed again, apparently expecting me to run away crying to my mommy.

As if. "Either direct me to the leader or challenge me yourselves," I responded in kind. "Or perhaps you're the ones who are too afraid to fight," I added with the most evil-looking smile I could muster.

And it worked. They were triggered all right. Though...perhaps a little too much.

"Magnemite, go!"
"Voltorb, I choose you!"
"Voltorb, let's do this!"

Wait, all three of them were challenging me now?! At the same time?! You've gone and done it now Jessica... I thought to myself as I sent Claws out of his pok? ball.

"Hahaha," the Sailor began to laugh. "She's brought in a Ground-type thinking that's all she'll need to defeat us!" The others echoed his sentiment as they gave their orders to their Pok?mon.

But...Claws was already nowhere to be seen.

"Where did...?" the Gentleman began, before realizing his mistake. By now the laughing was gone, and an eerie silence filled the area. And then...

And then the ground began to shake.

"Diglett!"
"Diglett!"
"Diglett!"

It was almost instantaneous. The two Voltorb and the Magnemite didn't know what hit them, as they were each simultaneously struck by a Diglett erupting from the ground beneath them. They were each sent flying past their trainers and into the wall on the far side of the arena.

But...how could Claws have beat them all at the same time? He couldn't be in three places at once...could he? Or...that's it! He had evolved!

Dugtrio.png

A team of triplets that can burrow over 60 mph. Due to this, some people think it's an earthquake.
Claws the Dugtrio, Level 26
-Scratch
-Growl
-Dig
-Sand Attack​

The three little Diglett came together to form the larger Dugtrio, just in time to see the look of complete shock on my former opponents' faces.

Then..."What is going on here?! Can you guys keep it down? At least tell me what's so funny!"

Lieutenant_Surge.png

"Master Surge!" the Sailor cried out, obviously startled. "We're sorry! This girl here...she...she..."

"She sent you running away to your mommy, that's what she did! And you know what, I would have done much worse! What's the big idea ganging up on someone like that! You men should know better!"

"We're sorry!" the Rocker pleaded, on his knees. "We were just-".

"I don't care about your excuses!" the lieutenant interrupted. "Just get out of my sight, the lot of you! One hundred and fifty laps around the gym, and then we'll talk...maybe." Then..."Not tomorrow, now! Move it!"

"Yes sir, lieutenant sir!" the men yelled in unison before running out the door.

The lieutenant then turned to me, his demeanor completely changed(much to my relief *sweatdrop*). "Sorry about those guys," he said. "They mean well, but they can get a little...enthusiastic at times." I nodded, accepting his apology.

"Now then," he continued. "I heard you were looking for a gym match. Is that still the case?"

I nodded.

"Very well, but I'm a lot stronger than those guys. You had better prepare yourself. Raichu, I choose you!"

Raichu.jpg

Raichu, I thought. The evolved form of Pikachu, eh? "Claws, I choose you!" I shouted as my newest Pok?mon emerged mysteriously from beneath the floorboards.

"Raichu, Growl!" the lieutenant shouted to his Pok?mon. But it was already too late, as Claws was deep underground somewhere in his alternate dimension.

"Claws, use Dig!" I shouted as the Dugtrio nearly flew out of the ground, slamming into Raichu head-on. It was a direct hit! Raichu was...Raichu was defeated!

"No way!" the lieutenant shouted, running to his Pok?mon's side. "Out before I even begun!"

After a few moments he got up and turned to me. "It seems that not only my subordinates, but I myself have underestimated you, miss. I have no choice but to concede to you the Thunder Badge."

Thunder_Badge.png

I took the badge in my hand, still amazed at how short and simple the match had been, perhaps even more so than the lieutenant himself.

"You train hard now, young lady!" he said to me as I began to make my leave. "I don't want to hear that you gave up after having such a decisive victory here!"

"Never going to happen," I replied back to him as I stepped out of the gym, where the Sailor, Rocker, and Gentleman were still out there doing their rounds around the building.

Time for me to continue training as well I thought, as I began the journey north towards Rock Tunnel.

Chapter 13 Round-up

Badge Case

01.gif
02.gif
03.gif

Items

Pok? Ball x 17
Great Ball x 1
Potion x 1
Full Restore x 1
Hyper Potion x 1
Max Potion x 1
Ether x 2
Max Ether x 1
X Special x 1
Moon Stone x 2
Escape Rope x 2
Rare Candy x 1

Team

Nidoqueen.png

-Poison Sting
-Tackle
-Scratch
-Double Kick

Raticate.png

-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang

Venonat.png

-Tackle
-Disable
-Supersonic
-Confusion

Jigglypuff.png

-Sing
-Pound
-Disable
-Defense Curl

Dugtrio.png

Claws the Dugtrio, Level 27
-Scratch
-Growl
-Dig
-Sand Attack

Other Pok?mon

Spoiler:

I definitely overestimated that one lmao. This was by far the easiest gym battle so far.

Surge is easy ;P. One little Dig usually knocks Raichu out in one hit. Its even better if you can start your move before Raichu does, hence removing any possibility of being hit by its Mega Punch/Kick moves(although you got the Growl treatment. Only thing more embarrassing than that is Surge using Thunderbolt). Rock Tunnel shouldn't be too difficult, although Ivanna and Claws will be your MVP's due to Double Kick and Dig respectively. When you reach Celadon, your Flying squadron(if trained a bit) will crush Erika's Grass Pokemon.

You'll have to do a bit of grinding for Koga(his ace is level 50!) but thanks to your relatively strong Flying types, he shouldn't be too difficult due to his Bug Pokemon(even though he's technically Poison. They just happen to be dual Bug/Poison). Will comment on other Gym Leaders when the time comes.

Btw, I'm nearly done with my custom challenge game. I'll give you an outline of the run in a PM if you'd like in a day or two. I did a ton of grinding in my run but it paid off more than I ever thought it could.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Chapter 14 - More of the Same

My Pokémon and I made the trek north, through the underground tunnel and back to Cerulean City. Now it was easy to get back into town thanks to my ability to Cut down trees. However Cerulean was no longer my destination, as I walked past it en route to Route 9 in the east.

There were a number of trainers here, including some Junior Trainers, Bug Catchers(this time with Beedrill) and Hikers. These last ones were handled mostly by Ivanna, who learned a new move, Body Slam, in the process. I was in for a surprise, seeing her new move in action, as I thought she was my team's powerhouse before the new move.

I then found myself in a patch of long grass. I decided to walk around to see if I could find some new powerful Pokémon for my journey. And then..."Nidoran!"

Nidoranf.png

A mild-mannered Pokémon that does not like to fight. Beware, its small horns secrete venom.
Xena the Nidoran♀, Level 18
-Tackle
-Scratch
-Double Kick
-Poison Sting​

I caught the Nidoran, while filling with nostalgia over the first of her species that I had caught, back on Route 22. It was no longer a surprise how strong her kind could eventually become.

I then moved on to Route 10. There were two options for catching here, either in the long grass or the small river to the north. I decided to hunt in the grass because I had heard rumours that the Old Rod would catch Magikarp and nothing else. So while the river would guarantee me a strong Pokémon-eventually, that is-the grass had the potential for me to find something new. And so..."Nidoran!"

Nidoranf.png

A mild-mannered Pokémon that does not like to fight. Beware, its small horns secrete venom.
Charli the Nidoran♀, Level 17
-Tackle
-Scratch
-Double Kick
-Poison Sting​

"Well don't you have quite the troop now," I said, looking to Ivanna. I was already imagining a trio of Nidoqueen(which were possible given my possession of two Moon Stones) battling side by side as I cheered them on.

I left that thought in the back of my mind as I arrived at the route's PokéCentre. Just like on Route 3, there was one right at the entrance to the nearby cave, which I, like most trainers, found very useful. I healed my Pokémon, did a little shuffling of my team to prepare for some spelunking, and made my way at long last to the Rock Tunnel.

The moment I was inside I immediately gasped. It's pitch black in here! How was I going to...oh yes! That's right! Thanks to the HM05 in my possession, I could light up the cave and make it easily navigable. All I needed was to...there!

All of a sudden the darkness vanished, and a flood of nearly blinding light filled the tunnel. Finally, I thought. Now I can see everything!

Unfortunately though, everything could also see me. Including native Pokémon who weren't too happy about my lighting up their home.

One of these was a Zubat which immediately ambushed me. I ducked for cover as it flew over my head. I quickly sent Cotton out after it, who soon put it to sleep with Sleep Powder. I then threw a poké ball, and the rest is history.

Zubat.png

Emits ultrasonic cries while it flies. They act as a sonar used to check for objects in its way.
Elena the Zubat, Level 17
-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Bite​

Most of the other battles within the tunnel went smoothly, with a few exceptions. I kept Cotton in the lead as she was able to knock out all the Zubat and most of the Machop in single hits, while I switched to Ivanna when I found myself against Geodude or Onix, the latter of which I was encountering in the wild for the first time.

Against trainers I used more of a variety, particularly Damon versus a number of Oddish and Bellsprout that I encountered. I likewise used Ivanna against Geodude and Onix, and also the evolved form of Geodude, Graveler.

Graveler.jpg

My very first fight against Graveler was one of the most tense moments of my battling career to date. Being used to measly Tackles and Rock Throws, Ivanna was getting a little overconfident. She had just taken down a number of foes, and despite her good endurance had still taken a lot of damage over time, But even at her weakened state, another hit wouldn't do much to her, right?

Right?

"Graveler, Self-destruct!" the Hiker yelled as he hid around a corner, his Pokémon beginning to glow. "You, uh...you might want to run, miss," he said to me as I began to realize what was happening.

Graveler was going to blow up!

"AAAAHHHHHH!" I scream as I begin to run. How can this move be sanctioned by the Pokémon League?!?!?! I thought as I tried to cover as much distance between me and the Graveler as I could.

But it was too late. The Graveler went up in a burst of light as I fell to the ground from the tremours. I could feel rocks getting dislodged and pebbles rolling as the ground shook from the sudden burst of energy. And all the while I...didn't have a mark on me!

After opening my eyes, I found out why. There was Ivanna, standing over me, with cuts and bruises all over her body. Wait. how could...my hand covered my mouth as I realized what had happened. Ivanna had protected me! She had shielded me from the explosion...with her body!

"Ivanna!" I cried out, rushing to her side. "Please, don't die on me. Not like this!"

I sat there next to her for what seemed like hours, but was actually probably just a few minutes. Finally I could feel her claw squeezing my hand, as she regained consciousness and got back up to her feet. "Nidoqueen!" she shouted, obviously weakened, but still glad that I was okay.

We never heard from the Hiker after that, which was fine by us, but we-and by "we" I mean everyone but Ivanna, who was resting inside her poké ball until I could properly heal her-did have to fight a few more trainers before making it out of the cave. But we did eventually make it out, at which point I let out an immense sigh of relief.

Chapter 14 Round-up

Money: 70,357
Time: 15:33
Living: 14

Badge Case

01.gif
02.gif
03.gif

Items

Poké Ball x 17
Great Ball x 1
Full Restore x 1
Hyper Potion x 1
Max Potion x 1
Ether x 2
Max Ether x 2
X Special x 1
Moon Stone x 2
Escape Rope x 1
Rare Candy x 1

Team

Nidoqueen.png

Ivanna the Nidoqueen, Level 27
-Poison Sting
-Body Slam
-Scratch
-Double Kick

Butterfree.png

Cotton the Butterfree, Level 27
-Sleep Powder
-Confusion
-Poisonpowder
-Stun Spore

Golbat.png

Damon the Golbat, Level 24
-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Bite
-Confuse Ray

Gyarados.png

Squishy the Gyarados, Level 24
-Splash
-Tackle
-Bite

Dugtrio.png

Claws the Dugtrio, Level 28
-Scratch
-Growl
-Dig
-Sand Attack

Other Pokémon

Spoiler:

Ivanna had 4 HP after the Self-destruct. Way too close. =/

I think I'm beginning to understand the appeal of a Duplicates Clause haha. But I'm still keeping it as is because it makes it more challenging,
and more interesting. Nonetheless I'll be mourning the "loss" of Nidoran♂ and Magnemite. The latter has a 55% chance of appearing on Route 10, so I was naive in thinking one'd definitely be joining my team. xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
As pro dupes clause as I am, I actually think foregoing it suits you lol. I like how everything is shaking out so far :)

Keep it up!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I hope you get a Fire Type soon as you're going to need it :P. Maybe Rocket Game Corner and buying a particular Fox Pokemon doesn't count as being "gifted". Also recommend catching a fat blob in the coming chapters. Its power will serve you well and maybe you can float on it on the Sea Routes(I totally forgot he could learn a particular move until my last playthrough).

Back