• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Neo-Riders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
Popping in to share this small thing. Any feedback and/or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

DRACO DRAGOON

Long ago in the land of Argh, war between
HUMAN
and
DRAGON
ravaged the kingdom. After numerous eons of despair, the
HUMAN
formed DRACO DRAGOON, their strongest heroes and used their magic to tame the dreadful
DRAGON
. DRACO DRAGOON used the power of the
DRAGON
to restore all peace and formed a special bond that would last forever and eternally.

But abrupt tragedy struck the lands when Prince Darkness
SHAK
used the power of
DRAGON
for his own wicked evil.
SHAK
betrayed DRACO DRAGOON and used evil magic to create the ULTRA SIGMA—a weapon that could bring chaos by devouring the life. Many DRACO DRAGOON sacrifice their life to stop ULTRA SIGMA and defeat Prince Darkness
SHAK
once and for all. They sealed
SHAK
and his evil magic away into Mount Valion—the eight Sacred Crests are needed to break the seal.

For a long century, DRACO DRAGOON was no more.

You are a
HUMAN
chosened for
DRAGON
power. Servants of
SHAK
are trying to revive their master, and DRACO DRAGOON II was formed to battle. Retrieve the eight Sacred Crests to prevent revival of ULTRA SIGMA and defeat the Servants of
SHAK
in order to save WORLD! Fight with great friendship and remember to trust power of
DRAGON
wisely—death approaches in all direction.

-
GAMEPLAY

Warning: Everything about this Roleplay is a farce.

Draco Dragoon™ is an open world sandbox. You assume the role of two characters: a human and their dragon companion. Your two characters are bound to an unbreakable Pact—a ritual that binds two souls together. Through this pact, humans gain access to magic while dragons obtain immortality—rather, they can only permanently die if their human is killed. In order to form a pact, the human must pay a hefty toll and give up valuable attributes such as sight or the ability to remember. The sacrifice one must make for a pact is devastating but it is crucial for many humans to rely on the magic of dragons.

Dragons come in many shapes and sizes, and each individual possess their own unique powers and abilities. These beasts are sentient and can commune through human language, though a dragon's native tongue is what allows them to produce their magic.

While dragons may seem domesticated, it is important for humans to understand that these creatures were once hailed as the harbingers of death for a reason. Dragons are relentless predators by nature and rarely do they share the same sense of morality humans have. Even with the security of a pact, humans must ensure their dragon companion is properly fed. A starving dragon will enter a state of Frenzy and they will proceed to wreck havoc until their hunger is sated.

The end goal for this Roleplay is to defeat eight Servants of Darkness or alternatively retrieve eight Sacred Crests. You'll be part of a guild called Draco Dragoon II and will fight alongside fellow peers.

-
RACES

Exposure to dragon magic led to the human race evolving into three variants.

Odiosis ~ Pure-blood
Members of this species are sometimes referred to as pure-bloods due to their strong resemblance to their ancient ancestors. pure-bloods gain access to both a dragon's magic and their physical attributes. However, pure-bloods are very frail even with the powers of a dragon. Not only are they susceptible to various diseases that the other races are immune to but they have a very short lifespan. The only thing prevent their extinction are a pure-blood's ability to reproduce quickly. Many dragons dread forming a pact with a pure-blood due to their high mortality rate.
Spoiler:

Fortis ~ Orc
This species is the strongest of the trio and some members could even rival an adolescent dragon even without a pact. And while they may not be able to use magic at all, their ability to obtain a dragon's full strength makes them formidable in battle. Closer inspection reveals these jade-skinned brutes to be covered in scales as hard as rock. They are very resistant to toxins and diseases, making many members natural survivalists. But they are a voracious people due to their incredibly fast metabolism—some may even exhibit a state of frenzy identical to a dragon's.
Spoiler:

Dryadalis ~ Elven
A peculiar clan of people. They require no food and only need to bask in the sun's light for nourishment. Their bodies are slender with skin free of all blemishes and their faces lack any features aside from their long pointed ears. And though they can succumb to disease and wounds, individuals can live for many millenniums. The Elven obtain powerful magic from their pacts, and their powers can even surpass a dragon's own. While there are very few Elven in Argh, many dragons consider it a privilege to bind their souls to these beings.
Spoiler:

-
NPCs

RIAN
&
RYKA

Boy and his dragon mom.

This neotenic orc is the only son of Sol Nerites, a founding member of the original Draco Dragoon. While flippant and underdeveloped, Rian is a wide-eyed idealist who always tries to see the best in everyone. An absolute pacifist who refuses to condone any acts of violence, he deliberately chooses to forgo all weapons and generally stays away from conflict.
One of the strongest dragons in Argh, this massive gold-scaled reptilian presents herself as a friendly individual and acts extremely kittenish towards humans. She can be hyperactive, being easily impressed by the most mundane things, though she is quite docile for a creature of her size. Whenever things start to overwhelm her, she can't help but adopt a passive-aggressive attitude. Ryka nurtures Rian like her own offspring.

GALLIUS
&
ALBIA

Star-dom.

A zealous pure-blood who loves to exclaims his ambitions. But for how long he can be, few seldom see this man adhere to his own duties. It would be safe to assume he's more bark than bite, but for all the times he comes up short, he does try his best.

Probably.
A marine creature that resembles a fusion between a sea lion and a mermaid. Albia is as haughty as she is nonsensical. While one of the older dragons, she prefers behaving as juvenile as possible—she'll frequently quarrel with children. She makes it no secret that she is LIVID about her human.

KAYO
&
MIYO

These two are always absent.

A flamboyant but somewhat reclusive elven who puts a lot of effort and time drawing very detailed maps. He may come off as rather sardonic but he is very considerate and lax when dealing with people. Ironically, he claims himself as a ruthless tyrant with a propensity to deride others. He enjoys observing outlandish content.
A small white bipedal creature with a cat-tail. Her soft scales illuminate a faint glow. Miyo is known for her vibrant illustrations, but as she is always busy tackling her "assessments", it is rather rare for her to produce any piece. While she is always ecstatic to mingle with people, it's possible for her to be uncomfortable around some strangers. She's also a bit of a klutz.

SIR JAYTH
&
KOTORI

Sexual tension gone wrong.

An orc who was actually part of the original Draco Dragoon, but sadly very few spare the time to listen to his tales. With an affinity for flair, Jayth fancies himself as both a peerless swordsman and as an honorable ally but some question his reliability. He frequently bickers with his dragon.
It would have been impossible to distinguish Kotori from a young human girl if it weren't for the horns on her head. This neotenic, queer beast loves to tease others by spouting provocative remarks. She is gifted with magic and even tutors some humans—she loves to lambasts her students in public.

ECHARD

Blatant author avatar.

No dragon in the world will allow themselves to be bound to this obtuse man child. In order to cope with his own insecurities, Echard frequently lies about himself, pretending to be fun-loving and whimsical. Buried deep within this putrid pure-blood lies a very spiteful and pessimistic personality that enjoys perverting everyone's hopes and dreams.

ICENT
&
JAUNTYR

Welcome to the Black-Ice show.

This enigmatic elven has a cruel sense of humor. He will plot nefarious schemes behind your back and desecrate your eardrums with nonsensical secrets. It is best to watch out for Icent, for he is an extremely literary and captious individual. He enjoys crooning tunes with his ukulele just to annoy his dragon companion.
A personality banshee with a weird laugh, he resembles a big black blob. He is extremely salacious, desperately chasing after young humans in an attempt to frolic with them.

Gotta throw in that scroll-bar.

-
Rules

I. Follow RPT guidelines.
II. Respect GM.
III. Roleplay Rating is M.
IV. Look both ways when crossing the road.
V. I don't know what else to put.
XI. Just have fun and you'll be okay.​

-
Application

Spoiler:

FAQ

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
magical dragon girls!!

It looks really cool but I honestly couldn't stand reading through the whole post... That font is awesome for titles, but extremely tedious to read in paragraphs. Mind changing it to something more standard? (and then I can properly look at what the RP actually is about ahah)

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I'm down.

Would it be possible to play as all three races in one character, like a neapolitan?

Last edited:

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
It looks really cool but I honestly couldn't stand reading through the whole post... Mind changing it to something more standard? (and then I can properly look at what the RP actually is about ahah)

I'm assuming you're talking about geo. Dosis is decent, yeah? OR DO YOU WANT TO ME USE THIS GARBAGE FONT.

But I did change text regarding the information for NPCs since the format didn't look great to me either. I refuse to touch the introduction because it's my magnum opus. If the font and impeccable grammar really is an issue (I kinda summarize the plot in Gameplay anyway), I'll provide something on the side.

Would it be possible to play as all three races in one character, like a neapolitan?

did anyone ever tell you that you're attractive

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back