• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your role models

Years
I just saw this had no replies and I think it's an interesting topic, so gonna reply here to see if I can get it some love.

That being said, I actually can't say much on it myself, I don't consider anyone a role model and kind of actively reject the idea. I think it's great if you have someone you want to be like, more power to you. For myself though, while I certainly have people I admire, I don't try to model my behaviour on other people. If I'm doing something I want it to be 100% me doing it.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
my role model is definitely jackaboy. he is all about positive mental attitude and getting yourself to that state of.. positive mental state. being happy, but not forcing it. he's so lovely and true and honest to himself and to us, the community. i just really appreciate him a lot and i look up to him a lot.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
One would be my father. Easilly the person I had the best intellectual conversations with. I'm learning so much from him. I don't get to see him often, sadly.

Since hoshiko mentioned a Youtuber, i'm gonna go there too:
Dan Avidan from the Game Grumps.
I mean, I don't know him personally so I can't say the real Danny is my role model, just a lot of the things he says on the show and online in general, and his attitude, they really resonated with me. I'm kinda the opposite of the guy, though. I guess you're not supposed to become your role model, but rather just learn from them.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
I gotta say, a lof people outside of my family is my role models, or just people i look up to a bit.
Like Jacksepticeye, markiplier, my science teachers, my Teacher Academy teacher, and a few others i cant think of atm.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
KORRINA, Princess Peachie (some cool tumblr person xD), my mom, my brother, maybe my dog a bit, the version of 'God' my mom believes in (all love, no punishment. my mom is awesome), probably several friends of mine, Ash's Pikachu (he always wants to fight as himself!^^), Kirby (badass+cute. nuff said), uhhh....maybe others.....

I admit that Korrina might top the list cuz i just think she's awesome like always lol

EDIT: I'd say Pinkie Pie and Hello Kitty are very admirable too. And a lot of the other mlp ponies, really.

Last edited:

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
i think its actually interesting people look up to different tv, comic, game characters instead of irl ones. Not hating on it, i just think its interesting that people do that. (wouldnt youtubers count as nonirl people too? if so then i fit right in there lol)

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
My parents. People who sacrifice their own life to help others like the Chernobyl liquidators or 9/11 first responders or any other example. fiction: some superheroes, some other characters.

Last edited:
Years
Role models are wonderful things, yet potentially damaging. Every once and a while, I begin to compare myself and despair at the chasm-like disparities. But usually, I try and imitate and that can actually have brilliant consequences. Observing one's technique and attitude, then emulating them is only a stone's throw away from the real thing.

I really look up to a certain family member. They're brave as hell, funny, kind, outgoing, popular, intelligent, competent, fit, good-looking, tough-skinned and one of those folks that go along for the ride and always come out on top.

Then there is an array of fantastic, talented actors, like Eddie Redmayne and Ben Mendelsohn. They genuinely push me to be better and do better. It may sound dumb, even cheap, and I know that I'm only seeing one side, but they make me try harder. If that's dumb then I despair at perception.

... I think that covers it, really.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
My parents. They're such kind, intelligent people. I appreciate them for everything they've done for me.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Milo Thatch, grandson of ol' Thaddeus. I've seen a lot of Disney movies, as we all have, but I never resonated more strongly with any other fictional character growing up.

I always admired his booksmart approach to his work, how his fields matched up with that. I empathised with his lack of fulfillment in doing the work he loves, and I greatly envied the adventure he went on to solve it all, and the moral strength of his character coming out in doing so

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Clayne Crawford. He's the most amazing person EVER. He supports anti-bullying and all sorts of other things. He's also very, very sweet and cares so much about us fans too! I've actually had the pleasure of having him like my replies on Twitter quite a few times. :3

Also, Toren. I relate him in some ways, but I also really adore his confidence. It inspires me quite a bit. He tries so hard just to overcome the challenges he faces... even if it terrifies him.

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I admire Korrina from pokemon a lot, for now. She seems to have a good head on her shoulders IMO :3

I'm sure i admire anyone else who is able to fully embrace being feminine too though. Too many people in this world seem to think femininity is a curse (even self help site people o_o) and i have no idea why and it hurts me that people hate the stuff i grew up with so much :(

Thankfully, Korrina, tomboyish as she is, doesn't seem to have anything against things that are cute and pretty (she even always wears a dress in the anime^^).

Last edited:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
The idea of a role model has never particularly resonated with me, for the simple matter that I've never found a figure worth basing my morals/personality/etc on. It's not that I reject the concept, it works for many people, but I'm a bit too self-assured about my 'persona' and already fully aware of what I expect of people + enjoy from them to be influenced in such a manner. Like... it'd just be a waste of time, I guess. There are certainly people whose opinions, artistic taste or political/moral values and achievements that I value more than others and I certainly derive enjoyment of those ideals, but the idea of a role model just seems rather dehumanising to me. They are what they are, I am what I am, and our positives and negatives will hopefully work together on varying scales of direct interaction to form a better person overall. There are people that have helped me grow and see new perspectives, but I'd stop short of saying that I wanted to be like them.

That all being said, it could just be me rationalising the simple fact that I did not grow up with anyone worth emulating and so the concept never took off for me. When I was a kid, I certainly was not surrounded by people who had traits or beliefs i wanted to take on for myself. And growing up, I found that the only person I could consistently rely on to try to do the best for me, no matter how much I slipped and loathed myself for it in the meantime, was me. Perhaps after all this time, I'm still just clinging to myself.

Who knows!

Back