• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
How do you hack Super Mario Brothers 1? I want to make something harder than Super Mario Brothers 2 (JAP), or known here, SMB: Lost Levels (U). Just need some map editing and music editing. The rest, I'll try to figure out. Please no HEX.

Well, HEX, and Assembly should be used to hack Mario. Although, I think I found some tools. Click here: Super Mario

Hope that helps.

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
Years
I'm not to sure if this is where to ask this, i couldnt find an open script questions thread, but i just wanna know how i'd go about including a a script that means i cannot open a door untill i've spoken to birch after i beat may/brenden?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Okay, back to editing pokemon evolutions. Say I want to edit a pokemon that evolves by trading, like Haunter. Is it possible to change it so it evolves by level, instead? If not, do I have any alternatives?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Okay, back to editing pokemon evolutions. Say I want to edit a pokemon that evolves by trading, like Haunter. Is it possible to change it so it evolves by level, instead? If not, do I have any alternatives?

You can use any Pokémon Editor, such as Pokémon Amplifier or YAPE. Just search in the Toolbox and you'll find one, it's easy to use, too.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Sure, just replace the 03 with the type of evolution you want. 01 is level, 02 is stone, 03 is trade, 04 is happiness, and 05 is stat.

Cierra, he's talking about GSC, so those tools aren't applicable.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
You can use any Pokémon Editor, such as Pokémon Amplifier or YAPE. Just search in the Toolbox and you'll find one, it's easy to use, too.

Sorry, I should have specified in that post that I want to do it in Crystal. AFAIK, those editors only support 3rd gen or later games. I tried to do it manually, but it seems whenever I add a hex value such as one to indicate the level for evolution on a trade pokemon, the ROM won't load...

For example, when I tried to edit Haunter's evolution data, I changed the 03 to 01, and then added a value for 27 next to that, for level 39 (is that right?). Well, when I tried to load the ROM after doing this, it simply wouldn't run.

Last edited:

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Sorry, I should have specified in that post that I want to do it in Crystal. AFAIK, those editors only support 3rd gen or later games. I tried to do it manually, but it seems whenever I add a hex value such as one to indicate the level for evolution on a trade pokemon, the ROM won't load...

For example, when I tried to edit Haunter's evolution data, I changed the 03 to 01, and then added a value for 27 next to that, for level 39 (is that right?). Well, when I tried to load the ROM after doing this, it simply wouldn't run.
That should have worked. Are you sure you overwrote the 03 00 with 01 27 (the right thing) instead of inserting a byte (the wrong thing)? What error does the emulator give, if any?

EDIT: The right thing to do is overwrite 03 FF with 01 27.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
That should have worked. Are you sure you overwrote the 03 00 with 01 27 (the right thing) instead of inserting a byte (the wrong thing)? What error does the emulator give, if any?

The only thing I can assume is Haunter's evolution data based on what you gave me just now is:

03 00 5E C0 30 01 00

That doesn't seem to fit to what you gave me as an example earlier, but that might just be me being stupid. :P

In any case, I edited the above line to 01 27.. and so on, and the ROM loaded fine, but it didn't cause Haunter to evolve into Gengar by level 39.

The thing I was looking at and added a byte to (stupidly enough) was:

03 5E 00 (with another 00 after that)

Which I put between the 03 and 5E. I had a backup thankfully. As you can see, I'm pretty new to this whole hex editing thing, and while I get the general gist of it, I'm having a bit of trouble with editing trade evolutions to evolve by level in particular.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Oops, I should have checked first and not relied on my (very poor) memory. Trade evolutions without items use FF as the byte, not 00. Haunter's evolution data is at 042F54.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Oops, I should have checked first and not relied on my (very poor) memory. Trade evolutions without items use FF as the byte, not 00. Haunter's evolution data is at 042F54.

It works! Thanks for putting up with me for so long, haha. Just wondering though, do pokémon that are trade evolutions that also require held items (like Seadra-Kingdra) have any special bytes I should look out for? It would be great if you could provide one last example, let's say if I wanted to edit Seadra so it evolves at level 44 instead of a trade while holding a Dragon Scale. :)

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
It works! Thanks for putting up with me for so long, haha. Just wondering though, do pokémon that are trade evolutions that also require held items (like Seadra-Kingdra) have any special bytes I should look out for? It would be great if you could provide one last example, let's say if I wanted to edit Seadra so it evolves at level 44 instead of a trade while holding a Dragon Scale. :)
Format is 03 <item> <Pokémon>. If it uses an item during a trade, it would have the item number in place of the FF.

03 97 E6 00: trade DragonScale Kingdra

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Format is 03 <item> <Pokémon>. If it uses an item during a trade, it would have the item number in place of the FF.

03 97 E6 00: trade DragonScale Kingdra

Perfect. Thanks for everything. -I'm adding this words so the post is long enough.- :P

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
All this talk of Evolution data made me remember a question that I kinda wanted to ask...

Is there a way to add more than 5 evolutions in Pokemon Fire Red... I mean, it is kinda hard trying to add Glaceon and Leafeon, but Having to make room for them in Eevee's evolution data for them... Any Help?

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Hey can someone help me, I need to know how to make wild shinies appear

Shiny wild battle you mean? If so, then use this in a script:

callasm 0x71B771
#raw 0x00

Here's a small example:

Example:

#org $start
callasm 0x71B771
#raw 0x00
wildbattle 0x82 0x1E 0x0
special 0x138
pause 0x101
callasm 0x71B771
end

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2011
if you use advance mart to make it so you can buy the old sea chart for 5000 in the lilycove d. store how do you make the game reconise you have it??

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Shiny wild battle you mean? If so, then use this in a script:

Here's a small example:

Example:

#org $start
callasm 0x71B771
#raw 0x00
wildbattle 0x82 0x1E 0x0
special 0x138
pause 0x101
callasm 0x71B771
end

Umm... you are a bit wrong...
First of all, you need to get a tool from the toolbox called "Shiny Hack Maker V2" Then, insert the Shiny Routine into free space, and the flag into free space... THe Program comes with instructions.... just search for it in the ToolBox

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Right, I forgot to mention the tool :\ Sorry about that.

I have a question, in Advance map in the block editor, is it possible to add more than 12 palettes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back