• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years

Jeez, that's a pretty drastic measure for such a small change, don't you think? And what if he doesn't want to use Fire Red?

To answer the original question, it is possible but it would require some ASM hacking. If you're planning on hacking Fire Red and you don't mind investing the time to learn how to use JPAN's Hacked Engine, then the above suggestion is fine. If not, then you're out of luck unless you can find someone who's both talented enough to do it and willing to work for you.

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
hello! im new to hacking and all, and i have a problem,

i wanted to change a trainer's sprite so i edited it after i exported it from rs ball, than i put it into PET and saved. but for some reason in game it is the original sprite! please help :(

Years
I have a simple question... I have searched but can not find any in these forums so I wanted to ask someone here.

Are there any completed Hacks yet? It seemed that most have made progress but they have not been finished. Are there any that is finished?

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Is there any way to make a Pokemon impossible to catch. Like in battle, no matter what, (except maybe by master ball) the Pokemon will not catch.

Last edited:
Years
Is there any way to make a Pokemon impossible to catch. Like in battle, no matter what, (except maybe by master ball) the Pokemon will not catch.

If you mean a certain species of Pokemon, then this can be done by making the catch rate of that Pokemon zero in YAPE, found in the Toolbox. All Pokemon of that species will then be impossible to catch. If, however, you mean a specific Pokemon (as in you want THAT Pidgey to be impossible to catch), I don't know of a way to do that, myself. I would imagine it could be possible with ASM, but that's only my assumption.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years

If you mean a certain species of Pokemon, then this can be done by making the catch rate of that Pokemon zero in YAPE, found in the Toolbox. All Pokemon of that species will then be impossible to catch. If, however, you mean a specific Pokemon (as in you want THAT Pidgey to be impossible to catch), I don't know of a way to do that, myself. I would imagine it could be possible with ASM, but that's only my assumption.

Adding on to this; if you want an individual Pokemon to be impossible to catch, use one of the 25 empty slots - make the picture whatever Pokemon you want and set the catch rate to zero.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2011
Okay, so I have a whole three questions.

The first is, I have just started to hack, and I don't actually know how to connect the script with AdvanceMap. I can view it using Open Script, but I don't know how to link it to the ROM.

Secondly, I have a problem with one of my warps where you go into the building and it is all black. It's not border tiles - I changed them and it was still black, and if I connected another building to it it worked fine. And the music is playing, so it's not freezing.
I've attached the screenshots.

And last, the truck script at the start. I'm not sure how to make it so that you hop out of the truck where I want it to be. I tried moving the truck event but that doesn't help. And the strange thing is, EliteMap can see the script event, but AdvanceMap can't, and I don't know how to move events in EliteMap.

Sorry for all these questions, but help would be much appreciated (:
Thank you!

Attachments

• screen2.png
    screen2.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 8
  • screen3.png
    screen3.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 8
  • screen4.png
    screen4.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 6
  • screen5.png
    screen5.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 7
  • screen6.png
    screen6.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 6

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
hello! im new to hacking and all, and i have a problem,

i wanted to change a trainer's sprite so i edited it after i exported it from rs ball, than i put it into PET and saved. but for some reason in game it is the original sprite! please help :(
I wouldn't suggest using RS ball and PET.
Get unLZ and read a tutorial.
I have a simple question... I have searched but can not find any in these forums so I wanted to ask someone here.

Are there any completed Hacks yet? It seemed that most have made progress but they have not been finished. Are there any that is finished?
You can find a showcase of hacks which have made a significant amount of progress here.
Okay, so I have a whole three questions.

The first is, I have just started to hack, and I don't actually know how to connect the script with AdvanceMap. I can view it using Open Script, but I don't know how to link it to the ROM.

Secondly, I have a problem with one of my warps where you go into the building and it is all black. It's not border tiles - I changed them and it was still black, and if I connected another building to it it worked fine. And the music is playing, so it's not freezing.
I've attached the screenshots.

And last, the truck script at the start. I'm not sure how to make it so that you hop out of the truck where I want it to be. I tried moving the truck event but that doesn't help. And the strange thing is, EliteMap can see the script event, but AdvanceMap can't, and I don't know how to move events in EliteMap.

Sorry for all these questions, but help would be much appreciated (:
Thank you!
Well, there's always a tad bit of confusion when everyone starts hacking C:
You could read a scripting tutorial. I'd recommend this one for you. Then you could probably advance to a little difficult. Note that it's a little old tutorial, but the first few paragraphs can really help. The basic talking script part is a little outdated.
You could read this one too.

Do you have warps at the mat inside the house? Try copying the warp number and putting it in the "to warp number" on the door outside.

I'd suggest you to use Advance map (latest version).
Also try SMCA which can be found here.
Tutorial here.
It's pretty much the same with trainers.
As for the second part, I'm not sure.

Doomsaloto

Learning to be Pr0
Years
Question about flying positions

I'm having a problem with advanced map. and while I'm pretty sure this question will have already been answered at least once, the prospect of searching through 618 pages of questions doesn't seem fun to me. So I'm just going to ask this.
In advanced map. how do you add-in flying positions to maps you've edited? I've redone Pallet town in my hack ,and the flying position was deleted in the process. In the events panel, I can the see the message 'When changing the map bank/map this map will not have a flying position anymore,' So does this mean I can't ever add in another flying position and am doomed to walk everywhere? Or is there some way that I'm missing?

Years
@Binary Thanks but some of them are closed because they were never completed... and all are progressing but not done, I'm wondering if there are any that is 100% complete?

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
thanks binary! just one more thing. when i open up unlz, it just displays a bunch of screwed up boxes! is this bad? how do i find the sprite i want to edit?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
@DairyProduct:
No, the screwed up boxes aren't bad XD.
You should go around 900 (there should be a goto button), but it depends on the rom.

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
edit: nvm found it

new prob: whenever i edit cloyster's sprite in poke pic the next time i load the rom it freezes before it gets to the title :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2011
Well, there's always a tad bit of confusion when everyone starts hacking C:
You could read a scripting tutorial. I'd recommend this one for you. Then you could probably advance to a little difficult. Note that it's a little old tutorial, but the first few paragraphs can really help. The basic talking script part is a little outdated.
You could read this one too.

Do you have warps at the mat inside the house? Try copying the warp number and putting it in the "to warp number" on the door outside.

I'd suggest you to use Advance map (latest version).
Also try SMCA which can be found here.

Thank you, that helped a lot :D

About the warps on the inside map, yes, I have done that - Look at the screenshots in my last post :/

And SMCA was absolutely perfect, thank you!

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
Alright, I've got a problem. I don't know how to get the Ice Tile in Firered to work. Can anyone tell me how these work?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is the script in the room? I've already checked the behaviour bytes >_>

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
It's tile behaviour and not Movement permissions... As far as the dropping to a lower level is concerned, Its most likely a warp... I've never worked with them though..

Now for one of my own.

On A-Map, when im connecting two maps together, how do i line up the exits?

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
It's tile behaviour and not Movement permissions... As far as the dropping to a lower level is concerned, Its most likely a warp... I've never worked with them though..

Now for one of my own.

On A-Map, when im connecting two maps together, how do i line up the exits?

You tried, but only supplied me with information I already knew I'm afraid.

As for your question.

Use the Maps connection feature.(The one with the blue arrows)

All you have to do is determine which way your going in the map your trying to connect (Up. Down, Left, Right.) And attach them using the Offset number. The offsets must be opposite once you find the right number to connect your maps. (6, -6) or (0, 0)

Try experimenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back