• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCenter Monitor Icons

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
PokéCenter Monitor Icons
Current Version: v1.2

NOTE: For a v19+ PE compatible version, see here!

onUl4SG.gif

*This is fully compatible with mej71's Improved PokeCenters!
**This script will work with PE v16.2 through v18.1!
vopkftd.png

vopkftd.png

vopkftd.png

-------
This script shows your Party Pokemon's icons on the monitor when healing at a PokeCenter. It requires some manual setup, though.

See the notes at the top of the script for installation and usage instructions!

[Changelog]:
Spoiler:

Script Download (.txt file)

Script:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Diegou18

Forever Chandelure lover.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 16, 2021
Excuse me, but can you send a image with this script in the Nurse Event? I tried to do by myself, but I don't know what I did wrong.

Diegou18

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 16, 2021
Thank you so much. I only have one question: how can I "activate" the light in the screen? I can see that you put a Switch (525). Where I can configure it?
Sorry for my english.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
Thank you so much. I only have one question: how can I "activate" the light in the screen? I can see that you put a Switch (525). Where I can configure it?
Sorry for my english.

The light on the screen was not something covered by this resource. It's something I added myself using events and custom graphics.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

EDIT: Forgot to say, I created a global switch and enable/disable it in the Nurse Joy event where I want the screen to flash.

EDIT2: I didn't realize I forgot to reup the monitor sprite graphic when my previous image host died. It should be in there again.

Last edited:

Diegou18

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 16, 2021
Wow, it really improved my game. I think that details can make the difference, and your icon's script with the light on the screen did it. You're awesome. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
Update posted:

v1.1:
- Fixed compatibility with PE v17+ (sound file name changes).
- Overhauled the description, instructions, and examples.
- Documented the code a bit more with relevant comments.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
Update posted:

v1.2:
- Fixed alt forms not working.
- Further compatibility checks for both PE v16 and v17+.
- Some script optimizations.

Years
The light on the screen was not something covered by this resource. It's something I added myself using events and custom graphics.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

EDIT: Forgot to say, I created a global switch and enable/disable it in the Nurse Joy event where I want the screen to flash.
Can you release the screen image? And you can too teach how implement the screen along with the Improved PokeCenters of mej71?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
Can you release the screen image? And you can too teach how implement the screen along with the Improved PokeCenters of mej71?

I must've forgotten to reup the monitor graphic when I fixed the post after the image host I was using died. The graphic should be in there with the example images now.

As for how to use it... you do realize that I posted the event setup I use, right? So I already told you how to set it up...

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years

Excuse me. When i put your code give me this bug.

Also, i have icons with half of its size (one frame instead two) and i have this code edited:
Spoiler:

What can it be?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
Excuse me. When i put your code give me this bug.

Also, i have icons with half of its size (one frame instead two) and i have this code edited:
Spoiler:

What can it be?

Thank you!

Uhhh... I can't even remember how I wrote this script anymore... If I didn't document it, that probably means I cobbled together pieces of existing scripts that I barely could understand.
Having one frame is most likely your issue - I'm sure I designed this to use only half of the normal icon graphic (i.e. frame 1 of 2). The question is, where is the part of the script that controls that lol...

Actually.. I don't think I had to manage the frame selection. It looks like the base Essentials function pbPokemonIconFile was doing that for me (I think?). I would check that function and see what it's doing, as I'm not sure what else in my script could cause this kind of problem.

Can you post the entire pokemon icon sprite file that you were testing this with? It would help if I could see the exact dimensions and where its being cut off at for myself.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Can you post the entire pokemon icon sprite file that you were testing this with? It would help if I could see the exact dimensions and where its being cut off at for myself.

Sure, why not? :D
Spoiler:

EDIT: FIXED. The code than i edited (to my case. If someone puted to the game to read one frame like me, who knows):
Code:
    width=bitmap.width
    height=bitmap.height
    bitmap=Bitmap.new(width,height)
    bitmap.stretch_blt(Rect.new(0,0,100,75),bitmapFileName,Rect.new(0,0,100,75))

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 13, 2021
Does anyone have this script in v19.1?
I'm not very good at scripting to update it to v19.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
Does anyone have this script in v19.1?
I'm not very good at scripting to update it to v19.
I have no experience with v19 so I can't help you there. Maintaining backwards compatibility and legacy support has certainly not been a high priority for PE's updates...

Years
Is there anything that actually WORKS with the latest PE version (19.1)?????
All cool things I find are outdated...
I want the Follower Pokémon and the Screen icons and the Healing balls but they are NOT compatible with v19.1...
If there is alternatives that are compatible please mention them

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
Is there anything that actually WORKS with the latest PE version (19.1)?????
All cool things I find are outdated...
I want the Follower Pokémon and the Screen icons and the Healing balls but they are NOT compatible with v19.1...
If there is alternatives that are compatible please mention them

You can find, here

Back