• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2015
Lovely looking hack. Unfortunately and sadly, I cannot enjoy it. Because every time I patch my rom dump, and load it onto my psp into GPSP, I get the white screen. And yes, I did edit the settings for GPSP so it changes the flash to 128. No idea what's wrong.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Will the Electivire bug also be fixed? Because I was playing the complete English version of Pokemon Light Platinum, and it keeps freezing when my Electivire reaches level 40.

Has anyone else had this bug?

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Lovely looking hack. Unfortunately and sadly, I cannot enjoy it. Because every time I patch my rom dump, and load it onto my psp into GPSP, I get the white screen. And yes, I did edit the settings for GPSP so it changes the flash to 128. No idea what's wrong.

It works for me and I didn't change any settings. Try it on a computor emulator first. If it works, then I don't see why it shouldn't on your PSP.

leews24

ha
Years
Will the Electivire bug also be fixed? Because I was playing the complete English version of Pokemon Light Platinum, and it keeps freezing when my Electivire reaches level 40.

Has anyone else had this bug?

Variation of the deleveling glitch thats common in Ruby hacks.
I'm sorry, but try leving up with rare candy or any other method, like daycare.

Sadly you did not search more.
http://pkmlpscreenwalkthrough.weebly.com/ep0set-up.html
following those steps should get it up and working, unless somethin is really wrong.

Another recently discovered factor that might cause white screen that I did not put in the site is the gba bios problem. Some emulator bios bins do not seem to recognize the rom. In that case, change the bios file, and wipe off the emulator date.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2014
Is there a place where we can buy the TMs that are needed for getting past obstacles? I accidentally deleted Ice Smash and now I need to get through the Team Steam cave

Years
Sadly you did not search more.
http://pkmlpscreenwalkthrough.weebly.com/ep0set-up.html
following those steps should get it up and working, unless somethin is really wrong.

Another recently discovered factor that might cause white screen that I did not put in the site is the gba bios problem. Some emulator bios bins do not seem to recognize the rom. In that case, change the bios file, and wipe off the emulator date.

No wrong the reason he got a white screen is that he did not patch the ips to a right ruby rom as this game only works when patched to pokemon ruby 1.0 which is very hard to find if you secarch pokemon ruby 1.0 on google there should be a mediafire link download it patch it you should be okay as the header error have already been fixed.(Sorry for bad english)

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
I'm getting confused because I'm stuck. I've made my way to Snowce city, but the gym isn't open. Also, the one in Serenity city isn't either. Can you help me?

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2015
Did all that. No need to be condescending about the searching more thing. Not a noob. I have tried that method that you posted, and I have switched my save to 128 flash. And I have both versions of the Ruby rom. And I even have the version that was already patched BY the creator of the hack. Same thing. ;-)

leews24

ha
Years
Did all that. No need to be condescending about the searching more thing. Not a noob. I have tried that method that you posted, and I have switched my save to 128 flash. And I have both versions of the Ruby rom. And I even have the version that was already patched BY the creator of the hack. Same thing. ;-)

Try erasing game and emulator data.
AND, theres the other factor I talked about.
If you dont know what I meant, just try on a diff version of emulator.
You just hav to realize, gpsp isnt the world's most stable emulator.

And yes, icyblade, inferring from the fact this person knows about 128k, I skipped the 1.0 since he most likely used search.
However, since the gba doesnt work either, its probably a emulator problem, like Ive said.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
For everyone having a hard time getting the hack to work, do this:

1. Go to http://wesleyfg.weebly.com/download-gba.html and click the second place where it says DOWNLOAD (bottom one!)

2. If you are playing on the computer you may have to change the flash thing to 128k!! <---- IMPORTANT

3. If you are playing on GPSP you don't have to do ANYTHING ELSE! Just try the hack first on a pc emulator and if it works IT WILL WORK ON YOUR PSP

After doing all this, IF it doesn't work THEN post your problem (AFTER DOING ALL THIS)

Thank you

Years
For everyone having a hard time getting the hack to work, do this:

1. Go to http://wesleyfg.weebly.com/download-gba.html and click the second place where it says DOWNLOAD (bottom one!)

2. If you are playing on the computer you may have to change the flash thing to 128k!! <---- IMPORTANT

3. If you are playing on GPSP you don't have to do ANYTHING ELSE! Just try the hack first on a pc emulator and if it works IT WILL WORK ON YOUR PSP

After doing all this, IF it doesn't work THEN post your problem (AFTER DOING ALL THIS)

Thank you

I clicked on that second download,and when I type captcha code I wait for 60 secs,and than it says that I timed out,I tried that second download 10 times it did not work,you know any other way because next time if I post I will swear and I will be extremely mad.Look at that stupid badongo: http://i56.tinypic.com/fcohzr.jpg

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I clicked on that second download,and when I type captcha code I wait for 60 secs,and than it says that I timed out,I tried that second download 10 times it did not work,you know any other way because next time if I post I will swear and I will be extremely mad.Look at that stupid badongo: http://i56.tinypic.com/fcohzr.jpg

You either took too long, as they state, or it's the website's problem. So don't come here mad, be mad at that website

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
omfg,dude I said I tried 10 times there it means it didn't took me long,and why creator cant upload it somewhere else this badongo sucks as hell...

It worked fine for me when I did :s
Don't know how I can help you

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
Has anyone got a response to my trouble? In fact, a walkthrough would be good enough.

leews24

ha
Years
Has anyone got a response to my trouble? In fact, a walkthrough would be good enough.

The seach button is always there. ALWAYS.
besides, there's one on my sig, And you can find more in the sig.

And if anyone noticed, I havent uploaded in a while, sorry about that, I was recently busy for a while after I went back to school:(
I will try to continue, At least one a week(the Zhelite4 should be up by at least Sunday. I hope.)

Back