• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mario Hack Idea (recruiting anyone)

Years
Hello guys,

My name is Lemonade Eagle and I am the lifeform behind the current hit ROM Hack, Sonicmon (though its not really a hit yet). I am currently brainstorming life after SONICMON and an idea came into my mind about creating a new ROM Hack based off of Mario Characters and the Mario UNIVERSE. I want this game to be 5x better than SONICMON so I am planning to put 110% into this project. However, I was looking into adding a completely new script into the FIRERED Rom Hack. And I want to make a TEAM and call it, Team Lemonade.

I am currently looking for the following:
-Someone that can edit overworld sprites.
-Scripter that can edit the story
-Scripter that can edit the tiles.
-Text dialogue.

If you are interested, please hit me up at [email protected]
Credit will be given out to anyone that helps.

Thanks,

Lemonade Out

Last edited:
Years
Hey Lemonade, it's me Z-max! it's been a long time^^ I would be interested in contributing to the project, actually I already started a mario mod a few years ago (you can see it on my youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Cx4bzsJGE) but it was just a beta version, not a serious project.

Technically, I can do everything related to the scripts, editing hex data, pointers...and eventually make ASM scripts. my skills are limited though, I can't do all the imaginable scripts.

But i'm not good at all at drawing sprites, and that is the big problem in a new universe... there are no existing backsprites for the monsters in the other mario games. So, you have to draw the monsters from the back, which is a hard task when you need like 50 sprites or more.

You didn't say what you can do for this hack by the way, I would like to know. if you or someone else can make the backsprites, it's perfect. I can insert anything in the game (sprites, maps, musics, title screen...) as long as i have the resources.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
-Someone that can edit overworld sprites.

I can make and insert the OWs (and battle sprites) for you provided you are willing to adopt JPAN's engine for FireRed. (Well actually, that's not required but it makes for a lot more insertion possibilites)

But I can also do a lot of scripting and storywriting wherever you need me to. I'm interested to join a project that has external support to keep me motivated! Please respond!

Is there a team lemonade discord?

Last edited:
Years
Thanks Z-Max and hjk321

I am really excited to work on this new project. If you guys want some more information, message me at [email protected]. Also, this is off topic but can any of you guys help me edit some of the text and the title screen in my SONICMON hack? Its a Ruby hack and there's not a lot of support from Ruby in Pokemon Rom Hacking Community.

Thanks

Back