• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Internal Battery Has Run Dry

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
In the R/S/E games only of generation III, the games had an internal battery. This internal battery allowed for time-based events, such as the daily lottery, daily berries, berry growth, Shoal Cave tides, and Mirage Island. However, of course, if the internal battery has run dry, none of these events can occur.

Is your internal battery in your RSE games still running, or has it since run dry? Have you ever attempted to replace the internal battery yourself? Unfortunately for me, the internal battery has run dry in both my Emerald and Sapphire copies, which makes me upset, because I really liked collecting daily berries, and whatnot. This also means the Berry Master will never appear in Pokemon Emerald to blend berries w/me, meaning I have to resort to cloning berries instead to make pokeblocks. =/

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I only have 1 legit copy of a generation 3 game and it's sapphire. My internal battery has run dry and I've thought about changing the battery many times, it's not really hard to replace the batteries, you just need a new one, some solder and a soldering iron. I honestly don't really care for most of the time based event stuff in the game, berries don't interest me much and i make sure to set my clock to a time where I can access Snorunt and NeverMeltIce.. Now my two gen 2 games have dead batteries and I really do need to get them changed.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
The internal battery on my Ruby and Emerald has also run dry and I never attempted to replace the battery.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
The battery ran dry/went dead a long time ago on my Ruby. Haven't ever bothered to replace it since I'd probably bork it, and when I do play Ruby, I don't really need the stuff the battery is for. Just do really basic runs through the game that stops at beating Steven.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
okay real story alright so like when i was maybe? i have to have been like 12 or 13 i think. back in the day, i would put ALL my pokemon on sapphire. finish a file in ruby, trade my stuff to sapphire. same with firered and colosseum right. so i had a few years worth of pokemon on this sapphire cartridge. i didn't play it much except to trade over party members from the other games and i decided oh lemme see what all i got and like do battle tower or smth. right???? okay. i turn on the game and it said my save was corrupted and i lost years worth of pokemon. like it just gave me the option for a new game. i cried so hard y'all. and then after like two hours i was like trying to find the silver linings and all and decided well i'll never build my stuff back up if i don't replay it so i boot it up to start over and bitch. my file was still there. what the fuck lol

so anyway tho all my gen III games have a dry battery but it's not a huge deal tbh. i really enjoyed growing berries when i played as a kid, but it's not a big deal to me now so it's whatever. and the time based stuff is far and few in between so that's not a huge deal either.

Back