• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
Does anyone know a rom hack (preferably completed) based around pokemon contests instead of gyms?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 9, 2016
HELLO I HAVE 2 GAMES WITH MEGA EVOLVE IN BATTLE
1.POKEMON GAIA
LAST
2.POKEMON FIRE RED ORIGINS
Thats all

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2016
the last rom i played was pokemon emerald glazed and i saw someone redid the original but i was wondering if there were other recommended ones to try for gba. i just found out my windows rt has a free gba emulator in the shop so im trying to find a lengthy rom to keep me busy over a 23hr to and back vacation trip.

im looking for something that

-would prefer its completed :/
-has as many gens as possible. the more the better
-multiple regions
-over 8 gyms
-is an actual gba rom, not an exe as windows rt cannot play exes that are not ported for arm systems.
-maybe 2 elite fours?

i am looking forward to hearing peoples suggestions! <3
thanks for taking the time to read this :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 13, 2018
Hello, what is the best Gen 7 [GBA][Rom] ?

The best Rom i can find:

Super Tetha Emerald, status: Complete (Some bugs) Gen 7
Pokemon Moon Emerald & Sun Ruby, status: (Beta) Gen 7
Pokemon Greninja Z, status: Complete (No bugs?) Gen 6

I am searching for the best Complete Gen 6 Rom's.

Hope you guys can help me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2017
Hi,

I am searching for a hack with atleast all Pokémon up to Gen III.
No Fakemons.

It should have the Physical/Special Split and the possibility to link battle/trade.

On my research i found Luquid Crystal, but unfortnuatly u can't link it.
Someone said it would be relativly easy to add this by simply copying code from the oringinal game. Could be an Option though.
Same with Theta Emerald.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Years
Hi,

I am searching for a hack with atleast all Pokémon up to Gen III.
No Fakemons.

It should have the Physical/Special Split and the possibility to link battle/trade.

On my research i found Luquid Crystal, but unfortnuatly u can't link it.
Someone said it would be relativly easy to add this by simply copying code from the oringinal game. Could be an Option though.
Same with Theta Emerald.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I didn't get what you exactly mean, but I can recommend some quality hacks that you may like.
Have a look at pokemon glazed, pokemon light platinum (this one is available for both gba and nds), pokemon resolute, pokemon Gaia. If you like nostalgia, pokemon prism is a great crystal hack. Try it and you'll love it for sure.

Years
Hello, what is the best Gen 7 [GBA][Rom] ?

The best Rom i can find:

Super Tetha Emerald, status: Complete (Some bugs) Gen 7
Pokemon Moon Emerald & Sun Ruby, status: (Beta) Gen 7
Pokemon Greninja Z, status: Complete (No bugs?) Gen 6

I am searching for the best Complete Gen 6 Rom's.

Hope you guys can help me.

I don't think there are much gen 7 hacks around but I can recommend 1 gen 6 hack.
Pokemon mega power. I haven't played it for a long time so I don't know if it is complete or not, but the last time I played it, it ended after the elite four. So I hope it might be completed by now.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2017
I didn't get what you exactly mean, but I can recommend some quality hacks that you may like.
Have a look at pokemon glazed, pokemon light platinum (this one is available for both gba and nds), pokemon resolute, pokemon Gaia. If you like nostalgia, pokemon prism is a great crystal hack. Try it and you'll love it for sure.
I already tried Glazed. It doesn't have the possibility of a link battle/trade. Atleast not in the first Pokécenter, or am I wrong?
Light Platinum neither has the P/S split nor the link.
Haven't tried Resolute yet, does it support the link battle?
Gaia looks great, but it seems like there is still lots of work to do.
Prism also doesn't have the P/S Split and to be honest i would prefer Gen III Hacks.

But thanks for the answer.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2021
Can't remember this hack...

Hello there everyone. I have been a silent dweller of this website, however I have been here for a while and I love everything here.

I am here today to ask you something that I think will be difficult to answer: I would like to know if anyone remembers a ROM hack in which at a certain point you are asked to go to an Island with a death theme around it. It is also possible that in this island there is a mansion in the end. I'm quite sorry for the small details due to my foggy memory, however I remember that this Hack was one of the ones I cherished the most and I unfortunately lost it when my old PC died. If anyone could help I would be truly happy.
Thank you guys for reading!

Note: I believe that it also was a Gen III hack.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Hello, can any of you wonderful ladies or gentleman point me in the direction of an easy to play hack that is at least half completed? i want a game to use to teach my girlfriend the basic mechanics of Pokemon, so im really for something easy and not to bad story wise, not so much over the top rework.'
Thank you in advance!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Hi, i'm searching for hack that is simillar to Pokemon Fire Red 251+, but I want to increase a difficulty level too. Here is what Pokemon Fire Red 251+ offers:
Spoiler:

So crucial aspects for me are:
- All Kanto Pokemon can be caught in Kanto, plus all Johto Pokemon can be caught on the Sevii Islands.
- increase difficulty level.
Have you got any suggestions?

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Hello, can any of you wonderful ladies or gentleman point me in the direction of an easy to play hack that is at least half completed? i want a game to use to teach my girlfriend the basic mechanics of Pokemon, so im really for something easy and not to bad story wise, not so much over the top rework.'
Thank you in advance!

If you want to teach her the basic mechanics of Pokémon, the best option would be one of the official games in my opinion. Nevertheless, if you really want to start with a rom hack I'd recommend checking out Pokémon Gaia and Pokémon Glazed.

Hi, i'm searching for hack that is simillar to Pokemon Fire Red 251+, but I want to increase a difficulty level too. Here is what Pokemon Fire Red 251+ offers:
Spoiler:

So crucial aspects for me are:
- All Kanto Pokemon can be caught in Kanto, plus all Johto Pokemon can be caught on the Sevii Islands.
- increase difficulty level.
Have you got any suggestions?

This might be to your liking: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=375230
All Kanto pokemon catchable, and all Johto Pokémon catchable in the Sevii islands.
It also has mega evolutions and some other new features.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 28, 2020
I'm looking to play a rom hack with a lot of the newer abilities

specifically;

- pixilate - refrigerate - aerilate - prankster - adaptibility - tough claws - download -analytic - magic bounce - no guard - snow warning - technician - contrary - sheer force - regenerator - iron barbs - moxie - multiscale - defiant - harvest - sap sipper - strong jaw - fur coat - cheek pouch -gooey -delta stream - desolate land - primordial sea

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 26, 2023
Is there an emerald/fire red hack where we can get all pokemon (at least through gen 4) and that I can edit with a sav editor?

Basically the title. I'm looking to link battle through an android emulator.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 26, 2023
is there an emerald/fire red hack where i can get all the pokemon? (at least through gen 4) and are there any sav editors that work with those roms?

Years
Emerald and Fire Red are Gen III games, and as far as I know, when ROM hacking, you need to replace an existing species to add a new Pokemon. For example, Pokemon Glazed added Glaceon by removing Hariyama (which is why Glaceon has Thick Fat in that game).

For this reason, I don't think a Emerald or Fire Red hack can have all Pokemon up to Gen IV.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
And you're also in the wrong section..
This is the custom game development section.

BluRose

blu rass
Years
is there an emerald/fire red hack where i can get all the pokemon? (at least through gen 4) and are there any sav editors that work with those roms?
no, but there are ones that put all in the coding in order to become easily available
just edit them into the wild or something ehehe
my goodness custom games people never go into the romhacking area?
and sav editors will only support the first 386
and even if they did expand then issues would arise, i.e. there are 25 pokémon after chimecho which all serve as sprite holders

Back