• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sierra's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial

Years
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 14, 2009
Wow, I cannot understand any of that. This isn't a tutorial for begginers is it? Anyways, it seems like you put a lot of effort into this so great job!

Years
Hi, I'm trying to get into this hacking thing. Great guide, but I'm an idiot. -______-

I don't really get how flags work, I'm at the beginning of Ruby and I want to make those mover guys disappear. But I don't really get the flags thingies. How would I not make them disappear until I finish setting my clock? Right now they disappear if I accidentally go down.

Edit: Eh. Where is the script help thread by the way?

Malkner

Falkner in witness protection.
Years
diegoisawesome, I checked my Ruby game, and I'm pretty sure you mixed up some of those specials. You listed special 0x9C as Wally's catch, but according to the "H-help me!" script, that's actually the special for choosing your first Pokemon.

There's a good chance I'm wrong, but somebody should look into that.

ProClifo

The Village Pirate Cat
Years
I have a prob too. I made Celebi wild Pokemon script in Viridian Forest, and thanks for the flag numbers, by the way. It dissapears normally when you kill it or run away from it. But when I catch it, it won't dissapear! Can someone help me and tell what to do? :/

Rocka210

The Code Never Bothered Me Anyway
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 29, 2015
I need help!

#dynamic 0x8003D5
#org @start
checkflag 0x828
if 0x0 goto @1
if 0x1 goto @end
end
#org @1
lock
applymovement 0x01 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @Pine
boxset 0x6
applymovement 0x01 @move2
waitmovement 0x0
setflag 0x828
release
end
#org @move
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x62
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE
#org @move2
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#org @end
release
end
#org @Pine
= Hey \v\h01!\nProf. Pine wanted to see you\nIt was something about getting your\nfirst pokemon.

This script is supposed to make the person walk 2 steps right and 2 steps up then say the script
and walk back to the beggining area

What did I do wrong

PS Please tell me the best XSE tutorial you've seen I'm not a great scripter

Last edited:

Excalibur

Sorry for my english...
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Rocka210,
1. replace ??? with person event number (in A-map)
2. Yes, it possible. In your script after setflag 0x828 write "setvar 0x???? 0x1" (replace ???? with your variable, like 0x5001 or other), and then go to script events in A-map and choose your script event. Then write your variable in the "Var. number" and save your map and compile your script.

Larvitar170

Noobie hacker
Years
Okay. I am editing the post, since I change the idea I had. Is there anyway to mix apply movement and trainer battle? I tried, but it won't work at all. Here is the script I tried. I would appreciate any help if someone can spare the time.

'---------------
#dynamic 0x000064
#org 0x000064
applymovement 0x1 0x2D51C3
waitmovement 0x0
return

'---------------
#dynamic 0x000005
trainerbattle 0x0 0x001 0x0 $before $after
msgbox @lost 0x6
release
end

'---------------
#dynamic 0x00007F
applymovement 0x1 0x2D51C3
waitmovement 0x0
return

#org $before
= [Brandon] Hey, have you seen my partner?\nHe has brown hair and a Totodile.\pNevermind, let's just battle!

#org $after
= No...I never lose...\nMy Herecross was just worn out.

#org @lost
= Well...I'll win next time!\nNow where could Miles have gone...

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x720CB4
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org 0x720CB4
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2018
Can you cerrent my script:
'-----------------------
#org 0x800A3D
lock
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto 0x8800A96
checkgender
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x8800A60
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x8800A7B
end
'-----------------------
#org 0x800A96
hidesprite 0x1
end
'-----------------------
#org 0x800A60
givepokemon 0x88 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
msgbox 0x8800A9B '"[player]: This must be oak's\n poke..."
setflag 0x828
release
end
'-----------------------
#org 0x800A7B
givepokemon 0x87 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x828
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x800A9B
= [player]: This must be oak's\n pokemon I better take it to him.

What's I want to happen is you find a pokeball and get pokemon deppening on your gender and then it says:[player]: This must be oak's pokemon I better take it to him. after that the pokeball disappears and you keep going but the pokeball disappears untill you walk 1 step then it reappears can you help me?

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Can you cerrent my script:
'-----------------------
#org 0x800A3D
lock
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto 0x8800A96
checkgender
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x8800A60
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x8800A7B
end
'-----------------------
#org 0x800A96
hidesprite 0x1
end
'-----------------------
#org 0x800A60
givepokemon 0x88 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x828
release
end
'-----------------------
#org 0x800A7B
givepokemon 0x87 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x828
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x800A9B
= [player]: This must be oak's\n pokemon I better take it to him.

What's I want to happen is you find a pokeball and get pokemon deppening on your gender and then it says:[player]: This must be oak's pokemon I better take it to him. after that the pokeball disappears and you keep going but the pokeball disappears untill you walk 1 step then it reappears can you help me?
Give the Poké Ball a People ID of 0828. That should fix your problem.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2018
Ya but I forgot to say that the talking part dosen't come up what do I do about that?

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
Ya but I forgot to say that the talking part dosen't come up what do I do about that?
Since, apparently, you're using the old version of XSE, either update to the new one and put 0x2 after your msgbox command or put boxset 0x2 under the msgbox command if you don't want to update it for whatever reason.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2018
Well when I put boxset 6 when I closed it and open it, it change my script into the one that dosn't work and it did that all by it self. And what do you mean by put 0x2 after your msgbox command?

Sorry about that my scripts never work :(

Sierraffinity

Years
Well when I put boxset 6 when I closed it and open it, it change my script into the one that dosn't work and it did that all by it self. And what do you mean by put 0x2 after your msgbox command?

Sorry about that my scripts never work :(
Did you recompile with dynamic offsets or static? If static, then you overwrote some stuff from one part of your script with another. Try repointing the first part to a different offset.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2009
very usefull... how ever, how come no one ever ****ing tells you how to add new events, i cant for the LIFE of me, figure out how, apparantly it must be "easy" if no one will say how, but why? I dont know how, it is vital information for absolute beginners like my self.

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
very usefull... how ever, how come no one ever ****ing tells you how to add new events, i cant for the LIFE of me, figure out how, apparantly it must be "easy" if no one will say how, but why? I dont know how, it is vital information for absolute beginners like my self.
Watch that language. :o

In A-Map, you go to a map, click the "Events" tab, then at the bottom of the right sidebar, you change the number of the events and hit Apply, or OK, whatever it may be.

Then you click the event tile after position it, and add it's offset etc.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jul 24, 2010
Watch that language. :o

In A-Map, you go to a map, click the "Events" tab, then at the bottom of the right sidebar, you change the number of the events and hit Apply, or OK, whatever it may be.

Then you click the event tile after position it, and add it's offset etc.
Is there an easier to understand explanation?\Sarcasm
Anyway, here's a tip to some people. Whenever you create a script and test it in-game, and it is destroyed, it means it either hit other parts of the game's data, or overwrote a previous script. Solution: Simple, save the script before compiling, and if it is bad in-game, use a different offset.

Of course, that is for the newbs\noobs.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2009
HELP!!!!!

Is there an easier to understand explanation?\Sarcasm
Anyway, here's a tip to some people. Whenever you create a script and test it in-game, and it is destroyed, it means it either hit other parts of the game's data, or overwrote a previous script. Solution: Simple, save the script before compiling, and if it is bad in-game, use a different offset.

Of course, that is for the newbs\noobs.

Spoiler:
SOME 1 ANY 1 PLEASE!!!!! HELP i have been trying all day...

#dynamic 0x800018

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Hi.
^i wuld try that and many other ways but when i go on the emulator the sprite
doesnt respond at all....

Back