The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives Tabletop Games
You make the Card!

Tabletop Games For non-Pokémon discussion about traditional gaming, without the console. Talk about card games, board games, war games, and role playing games here.

Old December 19th, 2007 (12:13 PM). Edited December 19th, 2007 by Frostweaver.
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
    Umaro and Gau do not have desperation attacks, but every other permanent party member has their own. Only Sabin has Tiger Break. Terra uses Riot Blade. Celes uses Spin Edge.

I think Chlorine can use a lower burn perhaps... because man 2800 burn x_x; and it's pretty controllable with phoenix wing and your own raiza too. The backlash is rather weak and negatable, and you know what they're drawing next.

The other complaint: they sound more like the hydro/oxy's "geddon" monsters... you know, GX and their attempt to make a darn science deck out of things to the point where you see another plus/minus and you just want to puke at the magnets?

Cumulus- standard cloudian style of freakishly slow fog counter generator yet uses a massive amount of them at the same time. At least this one is worth considering compare to destroying a monster (oh just use exiled force already...)

Drifter Cloud- so this thing is the suicidal machine, which cloudian definitely needs to do damage with x_x; Actually pretty fun looking card with how I'll imagine myself at a feeble attempt to use the puffy clouds in a deck.

Fog Sanctuary- saves me the effort and don't have to use astral barrier instead, yay!(or whatever that trap is called that negates damage) Faster fog counter generator too which is desperately needed.

Warm Front- decent card just probably no room and a bit situational... rather use all the spells to try to keep the clouds alive (or keep the sanctuary alive) first.

Herald of Extinction- worse thing possible is to dump a whole handful of monsters that they want in there. Best thing that can happen is to dump all the recruiters in there at the same time. It's a great sidedeck choice.

Relevant Advertising!

Old December 19th, 2007 (2:38 PM). Edited December 20th, 2007 by Alter Ego.
    that evil mod from hell

Nature: Quirky
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Frostweaver View Post
      Umaro and Gau do not have desperation attacks, but every other permanent party member has their own. Only Sabin has Tiger Break. Terra uses Riot Blade. Celes uses Spin Edge.
      Really? 'Cause I could have sworn I saw the same limits on multiple ones. Hmm...either I'm more forgetful than I thought or the rom I used screwed up the name tags. Given some other weird parts, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a case of the latter, though given myself I wouldn't rule out the former either. x3

Aaaanyhow:

Cloudian Hailstorm
      Continuous Trap

During each of your Standby Phases, remove one Fog Counter from each "Cloudian" monster on the Field that has any Fog Counters on it. If you do not or if there are no "Cloudian" monsters with Fog Counters on the Field, this card is destroyed. Inflict Damage to your opponent equal to 200 x the number of Fog Counters removed by this effect. Whenever 3 or more Fog Counters are removed by this effect, select one card on your opponent's Field then select one additional card on your opponent's Field for each Fog Counter removed after the third one and destroy the selected card(s).

Scandalous Maido Love Affair and Pair: Phani
      Estranged Ex: The RP Section Rules
      Sworn Rival For All Eternity and about five minutes beyond: Chibi
      Illegitimate Lovechild: Mika
      Card-gaming Beta on a Leash: Scarlet

Old December 19th, 2007 (2:42 PM).
      The Game is Afoot!

Nature: Lax
        Hmm.... I think that if the Desperation attacks have been changed it has been for the GBA version, because the SNES version I had a chance at playing does include unique Desperation Attacks (I only played through a short part of the game, but I got lucky with Edgar and Terra).

As long as we're all talking about FFVI...

"He'd slit his own Momma's throat for a nickle."
        Normal Spell
        Pay five hundred life points. Special summon one "Wandering Assassin" from your hand, deck, or graveyard. By paying an extra five hundred life points, select one monster on your opponent's side of the field and destroy it.

Yeah... in the GBA version I think that quote is rendered "He'd kill his best friend for the right price" instead, but I like the original version better. XD

x x x x

Old December 21st, 2007 (2:44 AM).
        that evil mod from hell

Umm...I've only played it on SNES and I seriously doubt that they'd cut down on diversity for a revamped version. My rom had a number of weird little glitches on graphics and certain dialogues, though, including one where two main protagonists go 'aaaaaaaaaaaaa' for a page's worth while their heads get sliced in half and the upper half starts sliding down the screen. x.O Aside from those, it worked fine, though. xD

Anyway...

"He'd slit his own Momma's throat for a nickle.": besides the fact that playing a card with the name of a quote would be kind of awkward...well, it's not much use, really. Paying 1000 points to destroy one card is pretty steep, and getting to summon an effectless 1300-Atk monster (like Assassin will be if you don't tribute summon it) is not really that hot. There are better ways for both getting tribute material out and destroying stuff, really.

Now then, random card time:

Union Reformation
          Normal Spell

Remove from play from your Graveyard Fusion Material Monsters, including at least one Union Monster, that are listed on a Fusion Monster in your Fusion Deck then Special Summon that Fusion Monster to your Field, ignoring Summoning Conditions.

Old December 21st, 2007 (3:42 PM).
          The Game is Afoot!

But I thought XYZ is removed from game instead of being sent to the graveyard? I assume that's what this card is aimed for. 0_o

Anyway... in response to "He'd Slit his momma's throat", I don't come up with my best card ideas after my brain has been drained with schoolwork and working on Christmas gifts. 0_o (Plus, I forgot that Assasin needed a tribute to work properly. Oopsie!)

Miracle Prediction
            Continuous Spell
            During your draw phase before drawing you may guess the name of the card that you are about to draw. If you guess correctly, inflict one thousand points of direct damage to your opponent. If you guess incorrectly, pay one thousand life points or this card is destroyed.

Interesting option, considering that we now have Deep Diver and Warrior Lars to play with. Meh, not too cool, but I don't care. XD

Youngest Bio-Weapon
            Monster/Light/Machine/Effect/4*
            Atk 1700/ Def 1300
            When this monster is removed from play by a card effect that you control, special summon it in attack position on your side of the field. If this monster is special summoned in this way you may select one card on your opponent's side of the field and place it on top of their deck.

x x x x

Old December 22nd, 2007 (4:43 AM). Edited December 25th, 2007 by Alter Ego.
            that evil mod from hell

Umm...yeah, I know that XYZ removes from play. This is just there so you can pull that trick by dumping them into your graveyard instead of gathering them on the field, but I suppose the name is misguiding.

Miracle Prediction: Bleah, unfair. It's either do 1000 burn or lose nothing but the card. I'd say force the damage and destroy the card if you guess wrong. Also, screw Lars, this + Convulsion of Nature = free burn each turn.

Youngest Bio-Weapon: Dimensional Fissure's latest exploiter. Beatstick that goes Phoenix Wing on your opponent each time it's destroyed. Ouch. Unlike survivor it doesn't have to wait for its respawn either. Necroface so abuses this...as does basically every D.D. deck out there. x.O

And...a bit more for the XYZs, starting with a revamp:

Break Formation
              Continuous Trap

Whenever a Fusion Monster on your Field that has at least one Union Monster listed in its Fusion Materials or is named "VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon" is destroyed, pay a number of Life Points equal to 500 x the number of Fusion Material Monsters listed on that card in order to Special Summon all Fusion Material Monsters removed from play when the destroyed monster was summoned. Ignore summoning conditions for monsters Special Summoned by this effect.

Support Mech - Phoenix Armor
              Machine/Fusion/Union/Effect
              5 Star/Light
              1200 Atk / 1600 Def

Cyber Phoenix + Heavy Mech Support Platform

This card can be Special Summoned from your Fusion Deck by removing from play the above cards on your side of the field. (You do not use "Polymerization"). Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if you control this card on the field, you can equip it to a Machine Type monster on your Field as an Equip Spell Card, OR unequip the Union equipment and Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. Increase the Atk and Def of the equipped monster by 500. When the equipped monster would be affected by a card effect, you may destroy this card in order to negate the activation and effect of that card and destroy it. (1 monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster is destroyed as a result of battle, destroy this card instead.) During the End Phase of a turn when this card was destroyed while treated as an Equip Spell Card, if the monster this card was equipped to when it was destroyed is on your Field, return this card from your Graveyard to your Field and equip it to that monster. (Treated as being equipped to the monster by its own effect)

VWXYZ+-Phoenix Dragon Catapult Cannon
              Machine/Fusion/Effect
              13 Star/Light
              4000 Atk / 4000 Def

VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon + Support Mech - Phoenix Armor

This card can only be Special Summoned from your Fusion Deck by removing from play the above cards on your side of the field (You do not use "Polymerization"). Once per turn, you may remove from play 1 card on your opponent's side of the field OR one card in your opponent's Hand. When this card attacks, you can change the battle position of the attack-target monster. (Flip Effects are not activated at this time.) On the End Phase of a turn when this card was removed from the Field by a Card Effect controlled by your opponent, Special Summon this card to your Field in Attack Position, ignoring summoning conditions.

Oh yeah, Union Fusion ftw! xD Last one is pretty crazy, but so are its summoning requirements. :3

Old December 22nd, 2007 (4:52 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
              Blue Eyes Psychic Dragon
              Card Type: Effect Monster
              Level/Type/Attribute: 10/Dragon/Dark
              Effects: This card ganis 500 Atk for each Blue Eyes White Dragon in your graveyard.
              ATK/DEF: 3500/3000
              Rarity: Ultra Rare
              Old December 22nd, 2007 (5:03 AM). Edited December 22nd, 2007 by Alter Ego.
              that evil mod from hell

Blue Eyes Psychic Dragon: No call for colored font, really. Anyway...no, just no. Two-tribute monsters (other than vanillas, which have plenty of summoning support to back them up) need a lot more to their name than just a meager attack power boost. If you want this card to be worthwhile, it would have to be able to pull something on the same level as the OCG's Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon or the current terror of the TCG: Light and Darkness Dragon. Compared to these, 500 Atk for each Blue-Eyes in your graveyard (already a card the requires plenty of support in its own right) just doesn't stand a chance. At least regular Blue-Eyes recurs easily thanks to Birthright. =O

This card needs a cooler ability, something to pay off for the large investment it takes to get it out on your field, and something to justify the 'psychic' in its name too.

Old December 23rd, 2007 (6:28 PM).
                The Game is Afoot!

Meh, threadbump for no reason other then that I'm bored. 0_o

The Mercenary Thief
                  Monster/Wind/Warrior/Effect/4*
                  Atk 1200/ Def 1300
                  When this monster is removed from play by a card effect that you control, you may special summon this monster to the field. If this monster is summoned in this way, you may draw one card from your deck.

Hmm... you know, between this, Kura Neko, The Gentleman, and Bio I've come to the conclusion that they're maybe taking too much advantage from Macro Cosmos/Dimensional Fissure. Maybe I should edit all their card texts and make them normal summons when they come back for the greater balance?

x x x x

Old December 25th, 2007 (12:15 AM).
                  Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
                    Break Formation- still not making sense... in order to Special Summon all monsters removed from play to Special Summon the destroyed monster to your Field in Attack Position... ugh what?

Support Mech- Phoenix Armor- pretty good card that the opponent has to destroy the monster twice basically in order to kill something. The only problem is XYZ is hard pressed for deck space as it is perhaps to run Cyber Phoenix in there along with heavy mech support platform x.x

VWXYZ+- Phoenix Dragon Catapult Cannon- yeah, it's so hard to get out that it's still not worth using regardless of how it's almost invincible... well, invincible until LaDD negates its revive effect XD; Still, pretty good for effect but not possible to get out :x what's with the +- sign

Mercenary Thief- well ACC you always have the most mob-swarming effect ever (special summon or revive) in your cards anyway ;p

Merry Christmas everyone!

Santa Jester
                    Fiend / Effect
                    4 Star / Light
                    1800 Atk / 1500 Def

During your battle phase, you may increase your opponent's life points by 1000 in order to select one monster on your side of the field. That monster can deal piercing damage until the end of your turn.

Santa's Elf
                    Fairy / Effect
                    3 Star / Water
                    0 Atk / 1900 Def

If this card deals damage to the opponent as a result of battle, you may negate the damage and increase your opponent's Life Points by 1000 instead to draw a card.

Santa Joyeux
                    Spellcaster / Effect / Gemini
                    4 Star / Wind
                    1800 Atk / 1400 Def

[Gemini text yay for laziness]
                    -When this card is second summoned, you may increase your opponent's Life Points by 1000 in order to add a spell card from your graveyard to your hand.

Santa's Gift
                    Normal Spell

If your Life Points are lower than your opponent's Life Points, draw a card. If your Life Points are higher than your opponent's Life Points, your opponent draws a card.
                    Old December 25th, 2007 (2:59 AM). Edited December 26th, 2007 by Alter Ego.
                    that evil mod from hell

Quote:
                      Break Foration- still not making sense... in order to Special Summon all monsters removed from play to Special Summon the destroyed monster to your Field in Attack Position... ugh what?
                      Ehh...not one of my most graceful wordings, I'm afraid. The point is that when an XYZ is destroyed, all the individual parts are summoned in its place for 500 LP apiece. Edited for something that's hopefully a bit less confusing.

Quote:
                      VWXYZ+- Phoenix Dragon Catapult Cannon- yeah, it's so hard to get out that it's still not worth using regardless of how it's almost invincible... well, invincible until LaDD negates its revive effect XD; Still, pretty good for effect but not possible to get out :x what's with the +- sign
                      It's actually VWXYZ+, the - (not to be confused with a minus) is part of the XYZ style of naming (Same as with XYZ-Dragon Cannon), though...it does look sort of misguiding in this context, I'll admit. xD Mind you, I think you can pull this one off with Union Reformation and the fusion dump fakies. (Dump the two fusions and then reform for the big one)

Santa Jester: soo...can you trigger this one on the Damage Step too or do you have to do it before that? Mostly goat pwning, I suppose, unless you've got a really big beater or a backrow Simochi. 1800 Atk makes it sort of work, though.

Santa's Elf: Christmas cheer = Life Points for all? xD Well, this is best friends with Simochi (1000 burn and a draw for attacking it? Yes, please), too bad the 1900 Def can't do anything to Cyber Dragon, though.

Santa Joyeux: Now this I could see readily used. 1000 Points is a pittance for pulling out a game-turning spell from your graveyard. best friends with Simochi like the rest of them.

Santa's Gift: erm...more deck thinning for Life Equalizer decks? (the other big use for these, btw) With the right kind of deck, it's an improved Upstart Goblin, but on the other hand it can turn into what's essentially a dead card. Too bad it doesn't work with Simochi like the rest of these.

Merry Christmas indeed! For that, though the big day has already passed for me, something Christmasy. :3

Gift Wrapper
                      Equip Spell

You can only equip this card to a monster on your Field. While equipped with this card, control of the equipped monster is switched to the opponent of the player who controls this card. A monster equipped with this card can not be offered as tribute. When the equipped monster is destroyed, the controller of the destroyed monster equips this card from your Graveyard to a monster on his/her Field, if any (This card is controlled by the player who activated it). When this face-up card on the Field is destroyed as the result of a card effect and sent to your Graveyard, draw a card.

Sign of Goodwill
                      Normal Spell

During your opponent's turn, you may reveal this card in your Hand to your opponent and discard it. Whenever you would receive Damage on the turn this effect is activated, that Damage becomes zero. Then, your opponent gains a number of Life Points equal to the amount of Damage you would have received.

Aaand something shamelessly non-seasonal:

Fusion Splicer
                      Normal Spell

Pay 800 Life Points. Select a Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck and discard it, then select and activate one of the following:

- Add one Monster Card with the same name as a Fusion Material Monster listed on the card you discarded from your Deck to your Hand.

- Send all Fusion Material Monsters listed on the card you discarded from your Deck to your Graveyard.

And yeah, just as clarification: you can only search for or discard monsters that are specifically named on the Fusion Monster. So you can't search for any machine you want by discarding Chimera or any Dragon through Five-Headed.

Old December 25th, 2007 (10:35 PM).
                      Unlimited

Body Swap
                        Continuous Spell
                        Pay 2500 Life Points. Switch Decks with your opponent, and play as if it were your own.

This would be very interesting. Imagine Jaden and Jesse playing against one another, and Jaden already controls "Elemental Hero Neos". Jaden plays this, then uses "Polymerization" and "Rainbow Dragon" to play "Rainbow Neos" for the win.

Exchange of the Swords
                        Normal Trap
                        Activate only when your opponent's monster declares an attack on your face-up Attack Position "Elemental Hero", "Destiny Hero", or "Evil Hero" monster, or "Rainbow Neos". The attack target's ATK becomes the ATK of the attacking monster, and the ATK of the attacking monster becomes the attack target's original ATK until the end of this turn.

An interesting card made just for Jaden and Aster. I'm not sure how to give it a drawback, but as it is, it would definitely be Limited or Forbidden.

Volcanic False Start
                        Quick-Play Spell
                        Activate only during your opponent's Battle Phase during the turn after you Set this card by selecting 1 "Volcanic" monster you control, other than "Volcanic Doomfire" (activating this card is not optional). That monster and your opponent's monster in Attack Position with the highest ATK battle immediately. After the battle resolves, return to the Start Step of this Battle Phase, and the turn player's monsters may attack as if the Battle Phase had just begun.

An odd card for another one of the characters (O'Brien in Japanese, I forgot his dub name). Useful if your monster's stronger than your opponent's best, but very easy to misuse.

CLAIMS - SONGS, SERIES, AND POKÉMON

MCR - Black Parade Nightwish (with Tarja) - Nemo Over the Hills and Far Away End of All Hope Nobuo Uematsu - Advent: One-Winged Angel FINAL FANTASY, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, DEATH NOTE, KINGDOM HEARTS, LEGEND OF ZELDA
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
                        Waker, that is an EXCELLENT explanation. Kudos to you, for writing something like that. I'm sure we are now all a little bit smarter with our Pokemon knowledge. Thanks very much for clearing up a lot of confusion.
                        I only come here to answer Private Messages now.
                        Old December 26th, 2007 (5:16 AM). Edited December 27th, 2007 by Alter Ego.
                        that evil mod from hell

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Waker of Chaos View Post
                          Useful if your monster's stronger than your opponent's best, but very easy to misuse.
                          Umm...dude, the point of this thread is to post your cards and let others rate them; not do the rating yourself. No offense, but patting yourself on the back like this is...sort of sad. How about commenting on someone else's cards for a change? :\

Like so:

Body Swap: This is...pretty trippy. You could probably wrap your deck around this card; just make its sole function drawing and searching for a crapload of cards, three copies self-destruct button for backup and then add one copy of this. (only one, because we don't want our opponent drawing into this and reversing the situation) Play this, then spend the rest of the duel exploiting your opponent's strategy while they are stuck, unable to do anything but draw a bunch of cards and stall out. Ehh...I'm pretty sure that someone would find a way to abuse this so bad that it would get banlisted, but interesting concept all the same.

Mind you, this could use a ruling for graveyard/remove from play procedures. Standard is that cards sent to the graveyard go to the original owner's graveyard, so is that the case here too or what? Add a line about that into the effect.

Exchange of the Swords: Eh...I dunno' about general usefulness (as in, why we'd use this instead of direct blow-up like Sakuretsu). Pretty much only for D-Hero since the others have pretty good stats (Well, the ones that sane people use, anyway; let's not get into Avian and the junk battalion) and it would be sort of funny to have Malicious smash face instead of just walling. Problem is, though, the viable targets for this card are typically divided into the ones who don't really need it (Stratos, Wildheart, E-Hero fusions, Ocean) and the ones who don't mind going to the graveyard in the first place (Malicious, Disc Commander, Fear Monger etc.).

So yeah, looks like something you'd expect in the anime, but not really flexible enough for serious play.

Volcanic False Start: Problem: how do you call a 'must activate' on something that's face-down on the field? I can see things getting really ugly when people start demanding to check each other's face-downs ('Cause hey, it might be Volcaninc False Start, sort of the same thing as with calling Mokey Mokey with Dark Designator, but with more abuse going on because you don't even need to run a specific card in your deck) and if you have to show that you set it then the card fails completely because your opponent will know that it's there and summon a bigger monster than anything you have out. Besides, if you've set this and don't have a volcanic, then what? o.o I'd say change it to Normal Spell with something like "Select a 'Volcanic' monster on your field other than 'Volcanic Doomfire'. On your opponent's next turn after this card's activation, the highest Atk monster on your opponent's Field must attack the selected monster." (the 'must attack' wording forces your opponent to enter the battle phase).

Not really useful at all. If your opponent is going on the offensive (I.e. entering battle phase) to begin with then they will already have something to smack your monster down with. Nothing in volcanic besides Doomfire tops 1900 as I recall, so you wouldn't be liable to cause much damage with this (especially since it's the strongest monster that attacks x.O) and so the question of why not use a better card pops up. Restricted targets allow for stronger effects (Think Amazoness Archers class for a card like this, the effects are pretty close too except archers runs on amazons and basically trumps this in every way). Given the general line of volcanics, maybe add some extra field destruction or burn for destroying the monster that's forced to attack? (sort of creating a miniature doomfire) That kind of card I could actually see being used, provided that the effect is strong enough.

Aaaanyways, all this rambling just made me realize that I haven't showed any love for volcanics yet. Can't leave them out in the cold, can I?

Volcanic Jackhammer
                          Pyro/Effect
                          4 Star/Fire
                          1600 Atk / 800 Def

When this card destroys your opponent's Monster as the result of Battle, send one Pyro Type monster from your Deck to your Graveyard. Then, select one Monster on your opponent's Field and destroy it.

Yeah, probably too exploitable, eh? After LaDD, I honestly don't know anymore. x3

Target Setup
                          Normal Spell

Look at your opponent's Hand. If there are any Monster cards that can be Normal Summoned, select one of them and Special Summon it to your opponent's Field. When a monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed, inflict Damage to your opponent equal to the original Atk of the destroyed monster.

Volcanic Potshot
                          Continuous Trap

If "Blaze Accelerator" or "Tri-Blaze Accelerator" is not on your Field, this card is destroyed. Whenever your opponent summons a Level 3 or lower Monster, discard one Pyro Type Monster from your Hand to destroy that Monster. If "Tri-Blaze Accelerator" is on your Field, you may discard a Pyro Type Monster from your Deck for this effect instead.

Old December 26th, 2007 (8:25 PM).
                          Unlimited

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
                            Umm...dude, the point of this thread is to post your cards and let others rate them; not do the rating yourself. No offense, but patting yourself on the back like this is...sort of sad. How about commenting on someone else's cards for a change? :\

I wasn't rating my own cards. I was explaining possible uses, so that people wouldn't look at the name and say something idiotic like, "Dude, why the hell would you want to use a card called that?!"

Like so:

Body Swap: This is...pretty trippy. You could probably wrap your deck around this card; just make its sole function drawing and searching for a crapload of cards, three copies self-destruct button for backup and then add one copy of this. (only one, because we don't want our opponent drawing into this and reversing the situation) Play this, then spend the rest of the duel exploiting your opponent's strategy while they are stuck, unable to do anything but draw a bunch of cards and stall out. Ehh...I'm pretty sure that someone would find a way to abuse this so bad that it would get banlisted, but interesting concept all the same.

Mind you, this could use a ruling for graveyard/remove from play procedures. Standard is that cards sent to the graveyard go to the original owner's graveyard, so is that the case here too or what? Add a line about that into the effect.

Exchange of the Swords: Eh...I dunno' about general usefulness (as in, why we'd use this instead of direct blow-up like Sakuretsu). Pretty much only for D-Hero since the others have pretty good stats (Well, the ones that sane people use, anyway; let's not get into Avian and the junk battalion) and it would be sort of funny to have Malicious smash face instead of just walling. Problem is, though, the viable targets for this card are typically divided into the ones who don't really need it (Stratos, Wildheart, E-Hero fusions, Ocean) and the ones who don't mind going to the graveyard in the first place (Malicious, Disc Commander, Fear Monger etc.).

So yeah, looks like something you'd expect in the anime, but not really flexible enough for serious play.

Volcanic False Start: Problem: how do you call a 'must activate' on something that's face-down on the field? I can see things getting really ugly when people start demanding to check each other's face-downs ('Cause hey, it might be Volcaninc False Start, sort of the same thing as with calling Mokey Mokey with Dark Designator, but with more abuse going on because you don't even need to run a specific card in your deck) and if you have to show that you set it then the card fails completely because your opponent will know that it's there and summon a bigger monster than anything you have out. Besides, if you've set this and don't have a volcanic, then what? o.o I'd say change it to Normal Spell with something like "Select a 'Volcanic' monster on your field other than 'Volcanic Doomfire'. On your opponent's next turn after this card's activation, the highest Atk monster on your opponent's Field must attack the selected monster." (the 'must attack' wording forces your opponent to enter the battle phase).

I'll add a line that reads, "This card cannot be placed on the field except by the effect of a card that would require this card to be shown to your opponent, or by showing it to your opponent, then Setting it." That way, you can still get it with "Spell Calling". You wouldn't be able to Set it with the effect of "Dust Tornado", though.

Not really useful at all. If your opponent is going on the offensive (I.e. entering battle phase) to begin with then they will already have something to smack your monster down with. Nothing in volcanic besides Doomfire tops 1900 as I recall, so you wouldn't be liable to cause much damage with this (especially since it's the strongest monster that attacks x.O) and so the question of why not use a better card pops up. Restricted targets allow for stronger effects (Think Amazoness Archers class for a card like this, the effects are pretty close too except archers runs on amazons and basically trumps this in every way). Given the general line of volcanics, maybe add some extra field destruction or burn for destroying the monster that's forced to attack? (sort of creating a miniature doomfire) That kind of card I could actually see being used, provided that the effect is strong enough.

Aaaanyways, all this rambling just made me realize that I haven't showed any love for volcanics yet. Can't leave them out in the cold, can I?

Volcanic Jackhammer
                            Pyro/Effect
                            4 Star/Fire
                            1600 Atk / 800 Def

When this card destroys your opponent's Monster as the result of Battle, send one Pyro Type monster from your Deck to your Graveyard. Then, select one Monster on your opponent's Field and destroy it.

Yeah, probably too exploitable, eh? After LaDD, I honestly don't know anymore. x3

See? You're doing the same as I did. :P

Target Setup
                            Normal Spell

Look at your opponent's Hand. If there are any Monster cards that can be Normal Summoned, select one of them and Special Summon it to your opponent's Field. (You choose the position in which the monster is summoned) this part's unnecessary When a monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed, inflict Damage to your opponent equal to the original Atk of the destroyed monster.

Volcanic Potshot
                            Continuous Trap

If "Blaze Accelerator" or "Tri-Blaze Accelerator" is not on your Field, this card is destroyed. Whenever your opponent summons a Level 3 or lower Monster (Including Flip Summon) (you can just say "Summon" and cover all types of Summoning that way), discard one Pyro Type Monster from your Hand to destroy that Monster. If "Tri-Blaze Accelerator" is on your Field, you may discard a Pyro Type Monster from your Deck for this effec instead.
                            And you can always Chain a "Shrink" or something and target appropriately to make your monster stronger than your opponent's best (after resolution). For example, if I pick "Volcanic Rocket" with "Volcanic False Start", and you have "Raiza the Storm Monarch", I can Chain "Rush Recklessly" to "Volcanic False Start", targeting "Volcanic Rocket". Now your monster's forced to ram itself into the Graveyard.

Anyway, please refrain from trying to analyze what I do in the future. You clearly don't know me well enough to be accurate about it. No offense.

CLAIMS - SONGS, SERIES, AND POKÉMON

MCR - Black Parade Nightwish (with Tarja) - Nemo Over the Hills and Far Away End of All Hope Nobuo Uematsu - Advent: One-Winged Angel FINAL FANTASY, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, DEATH NOTE, KINGDOM HEARTS, LEGEND OF ZELDA
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
                            Waker, that is an EXCELLENT explanation. Kudos to you, for writing something like that. I'm sure we are now all a little bit smarter with our Pokemon knowledge. Thanks very much for clearing up a lot of confusion.
                            I only come here to answer Private Messages now.
                            Old December 27th, 2007 (5:27 AM). Edited December 27th, 2007 by Alter Ego.
                            that evil mod from hell

Location: Touhou land, grazing danmaku all the way
                              Quote:
                              I was explaining possible uses, so that people wouldn't look at the name and say something idiotic like, "Dude, why the hell would you want to use a card called that?!"
                              If someone judges a card just by looking at the name then odds are that they wouldn't read your comments either. But yeah, it's mostly the whole 'useful etc.' that gave me that feeling.

Ehh...never mind. Though really, there's no way Exchange of the Swords would get limited; it's just Amazoness Spellcaster in Quick-Play for a different set of monsters.

Quote:
                              I'll add a line that reads, "This card cannot be placed on the field except by the effect of a card that would require this card to be shown to your opponent, or by showing it to your opponent, then Setting it." That way, you can still get it with "Spell Calling". You wouldn't be able to Set it with the effect of "Dust Tornado", though.
                              Which is pretty self-defeating. If your opponent knows that this card is down there they also know to take it account, which defeats the biggest asset of a face-down (the fact that your opponent can never be sure what you have until it's been flipped and thus has to estimate the risks). Think about it: if your opponent sets a card that forces attacks (when they have only weaker monsters on the field) and then sets another face-down, would you go into battle without neutralizing the other face-down first? Because I wouldn't, really. It just seems like the kind of opponent this would be useful against is the kind who'd attack into a face-up Decoy Dragon while you have a graveyard packed with level 8 dragons.

Quote:
                              And you can always Chain a "Shrink" or something and target appropriately to make your monster stronger than your opponent's best (after resolution). For example, if I pick "Volcanic Rocket" with "Volcanic False Start", and you have "Raiza the Storm Monarch", I can Chain "Rush Recklessly" to "Volcanic False Start", targeting "Volcanic Rocket". Now your monster's forced to ram itself into the Graveyard.
                              Which makes me wonder, why bother with False Start at all, then? If your opponent's monster is stronger than yours they'll usually attack you with it anyway (this is what makes Rush and Shrink good to begin with), so all you've really accomplished is add an additional -1 for yourself. Like I said, if it had some strong extra effect for that destruction it would be worth considering, but as it is...it's not really doing anything that your average opponent wouldn't do themselves anyway. If they're scared of face-downs they wouldn't enter the Battle Phase to begin with so you wouldn't get to play False Start, if they're not scared of face-downs then they'll attack anyway and run straight into Shrink/Rush without False Start's assistance. Either way, the card itself is irrelevant and doesn't affect the outcome in any way. Therefore: what does this card accomplish? As in, what is the situation where playing this will result in a different outcome than not playing this? Because I can't find a plausible one. o.O

Old December 27th, 2007 (6:01 AM).
                              The Game is Afoot!

Look! It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's....

Makai Overlord Harlal
                                Monster/Dark/Fiend/Effect/6*
                                Atk 2400/Def 2000
                                When this monster is tribute summoned successfully, you may declare one card name. Both players search their decks and graveyards for any cards of that name and remove them from play.

Angel Sky Spirit Trainee Nnolfe
                                Monster/Light/Fairy/Effect/4*
                                Atk 1400/ Def 1300
                                When this monster is normal summoned successfully, select and activate one of the following effects:
                                -Gain one thousand life points
                                -Your opponent gains one thousand life points. Remove from play two monsters in your opponent's graveyard.

Overlord's Right-Hand Official, Tane
                                Monster/Dark/Fiend/Effect/4*
                                Atk 1700/ Def 1400
                                When this monster is normal summoned successfully, select one monster your opponent controls with fewer or equal attack points to this monster's original attack and remove it from play.

So, whaddya think? And twelve cookies to anyone who can guess what these three monsters are referencing. (Harlal and the crossed-out text with Nnolfe are dead giveaways).

x x x x

Old December 27th, 2007 (6:32 AM). Edited December 29th, 2007 by Alter Ego.
                                that evil mod from hell

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by ACC-M View Post
                                  So, whaddya think? And twelve cookies to anyone who can guess what these three monsters are referencing. (Harlal and the crossed-out text with Nnolfe are dead giveaways).
                                  Twelve cookies? Aww...but I suck at spotting obvious references. I think I'll pass.

Makai Overlord Harlal: Just say "Both players remove all cards with the declared name in their Decks and Graveyards from play." Search your deck is not really done in YGO. Ehh...good for specific sniping but bad in the sense that you're revealing your Deck in the process. Still, it's monarch-size and all so fair enough.

Sky Spirit Trainee Nnolfe: So now we're giving off Life Points just to hit the graveyard? Eh...looks sort of desperate to me, and the stats aren't that glorious (nor is a 1000 point boost). I dunno'...I think I'd sooner go Kycoo even thought that means I have to connect before I get to remove.

Overlord's Right-Hand Official, Tane: "remove from play one monster on your opponent's Field with an Atk equal to or lower than the Atk of this card". Now this I can see splashed. It immediately pays itself back and snipes out recruiters, immortal walls etc. Good card to play, definitely, one set ago I'd have said too good. (But since that was before Royal Firestorm Guards...)

Exile in the Different Dimension
                                  Continuous Spell

When this card is activated, select one monster on the Field and remove it from play face-down. The Monster Card Zone the selected monster was in is treated as occupied for as long as this card remains face-up on the Field. After a number of turns equal to the level stars of the removed monster, destroy this card. If this card is destroyed by a card effect other than its own, the monster removed from play by this card's effect is returned to the Field in its original position.

Also, something based on a silly and forgotten set of cards:

Aussa of the Earthquake

Spellcaster/Effect
                                  8 Star/Earth
                                  2800 Atk / 2300 Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned from your Hand or Deck by tributing three EARTH Attribute monsters, including at least one "Aussa the Earth Charmer" or "Avalanching Aussa". Once per turn, you may Special Summon one EARTH Attribute Monster from your Graveyard. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon up to two EARTH Attribute Monsters from either player's Graveyard.

Eria of the Tide
                                  Spellcaster/Effect
                                  8 Star/Water
                                  2800 Atk / 2300 Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned from your Hand or Deck by tributing three WATER Attribute monsters, including at least one "Eria the Water Charmer" or "Raging Eria". Once per turn, you may Special Summon one WATER Attribute Monster from your Graveyard. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, select two cards at random from your opponent's Hand and discard them.

Hiita of the Wildfire
                                  Spellcaster/Effect
                                  8 Star/Fire
                                  2800 Atk / 2300 Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned from your Hand or Deck by tributing three FIRE Attribute monsters, including at least one "Hiita the Fire Charmer" or "Blazing Hiita". Once per turn, you may Special Summon one FIRE Attribute Monster from your Graveyard. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, inflict 2000 Damage to your opponent.

Wynn of the Tempest
                                  Spellcaster/Effect
                                  8 Star/Wind
                                  2800 Atk / 2300 Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned from your Hand or Deck by tributing three WIND Attribute monsters, including at least one "Wynn the Wind Charmer" or "Storming Wynn". Once per turn, you may Special Summon one WIND Attribute Monster from your Graveyard. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, select two cards from your opponent's Field then place one of the selected cards at the top of your opponent's Deck and the other at the bottom of your opponent's Deck.

Familiar Merged - Aussa
                                  Spellcaster/Effect
                                  6 Star/Earth
                                  2350 Atk / 1000 Def

On the End Phase of a turn when your "Familiar Possessed - Aussa" destroyed a Monster by battle, you may tribute it to Special Summon this card from your Hand or Deck. When it is Special Summoned by this effect, this card gains the following effect:

- This card inflicts Piercing Damage. When this card destroys your opponent's Monster as the result of Battle, all monsters on your opponent's Field are switched into face-up Defense Position and can not change their Battle Positions (other than by card effect) before your next turn.

Familiar Merged - Eria
                                  Spellcaster/Effect
                                  6 Star/Earth
                                  2350 Atk / 1000 Def

On the End Phase of a turn when your "Familiar Possessed - Eria" destroyed a Monster by battle, you may tribute it to Special Summon this card from your Hand or Deck. When it is Special Summoned by this effect, this card gains the following effect:

- This card inflicts Piercing Damage. When this card destroys your opponent's Monster by Battle, select a card at random from your opponent's Hand and discard it.

Familiar Merged - Hiita
                                  Spellcaster/Effect
                                  6 Star/Earth
                                  2350 Atk / 1000 Def

On the End Phase of a turn when your "Familiar Possessed - Hiita" destroyed a Monster by battle, you may tribute it to Special Summon this card from your Hand or Deck. When it is Special Summoned by this effect, this card gains the following effect:

- This card inflicts Piercing Damage. When this card destroys your opponent's Monster by Battle, inflict Damage to your opponent equal to the Atk of the destroyed monster.

Familiar Merged - Wynn
                                  Spellcaster/Effect
                                  6 Star/Earth
                                  2350 Atk / 1000 Def

On the End Phase of a turn when your "Familiar Possessed - Wynn" destroyed a Monster by battle, you may tribute it to Special Summon this card from your Hand or Deck. When it is Special Summoned by this effect, this card gains the following effect:

- This card inflicts Piercing Damage. When this card destroys your opponent's Monster by Battle, you may return that monster to the top or bottom of your opponent's Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Old December 27th, 2007 (11:24 AM). Edited December 31st, 2007 by Scarlet Weather.
                                  The Game is Afoot!

Squee, upgraded charmers! I love the charmer monsters! Of course... this set is just kind of meh. The Familiar-merged have potential because of their excellent effects, but they require too much effort to summon. The "Full-Power" charmers have the same deficiency. Somehow, I don't think they'll see too much play.

Continuing my earlier theme... (If you don't guess it with this card not only do you get no cookies, AE, but I will blast you with a super-demon-fireball attack. Ooohh... burned.)

The Dark Adonis Mid-Boss
                                    Atk 1600/ Def 1600
                                    When this monster is special summoned successfully, select one "Makai Overlord Harlal" in your deck and add it to your hand. When this monster destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle, select one card in your opponent's hand and remove it from play (you may only activate this effect if your opponent has more than three cards in their hand).

Oh come on, I even kept the name the same. Somebody HAS to guess now... oh, as for the others... their names are anagrams, yah.

Fallen Angel Spirit Nnolfe
                                    Monster/Dark/Fairy/Effect/4*
                                    Atk 1300/ Def 1300
                                    When this monster is normal summoned successfully, remove one spell or trap card on your opponent's side of the field from play.

Prinny
                                    Monster/Dark/Aqua/Effect/3*
                                    Atk 900/ Def 900
                                    When this monster is sent to the graveyard as a result of battle, deal damage to your opponent equal to the number of cards that have been removed from play x300.

EDIT: Ooh... I just realized that Overlord Harlal is pretty dang abusable in a Macro Cosmos deck. Think about it: the rules don't say that you have to SNIPE with him. You could just as easily remove all three copies of your D.D. Survivor from the game and end up with a field full of deadly monsters. (Not to mention the fact that since you control Harlal's effect, the made-up Kura Neko line completely screws the opponent over). Yah, maybe suggestions to balance him a little more in that regard?

x x x x

Old December 28th, 2007 (10:03 AM). Edited December 28th, 2007 by Alter Ego.
                                    that evil mod from hell

Mid-Boss: a bit too strong. 1900 is big for a no-tribute beatstick, and the remove from play (though somewhat more limited than zaloog's discard) is pretty hefty. Ehh...drop the Atk down a notch.

Fallen Spirit Nnolfe: another one that pays itself back right from the get-go. Just...have you given any consideration to what you're doing to Mei Kou, you heartless person, you? :< I'm going to say Atk down again. Instant CA compensation is a very powerful effect. I'm pretty sure that my anarchist (which only did his thing when your opponent had more S/T and only destroyed) was 1500. =O

Prinny: there's some way to abuse this, I'm sure. But then removing a lot from play but not removing this is a bit of a challenge, so fair enough. (Netherworld <3s this little bugger, though)

Quote:
                                      EDIT: Ooh... I just realized that Overlord Harlal is pretty dang abusable in a Macro Cosmos deck. Think about it: the rules don't say that you have to SNIPE with him. You could just as easily remove all three copies of your D.D. Survivor from the game and end up with a field full of deadly monsters. (Not to mention the fact that since you control Harlal's effect, the made-up Kura Neko line completely screws the opponent over). Yah, maybe suggestions to balance him a little more in that regard?
                                      D.D. Survivor isn't a problem. Its effect only triggers if it's removed from the field; you'd just ditch your own survivors from the game by removing them from your deck or graveyard. The best it can do is abuse your own monster line (which, let's face it, is already ridiculously abusable by a number of other cards including Necroface and Cosmos, so this would hardly be the make or break card for them) or summon triple D.D. Scout Plane, but Scout Plane becomes a crappy Atk, attack position monster on your field and only summons on the End Phase (not to mention being one of the most horrid topdecks ever) so it's very much a double-edged sword already. Ehh...I dunno', you can make it remove from just the graveyard or just the deck if you want a tone-down, but I don't think it's called for, really.

As for the elemental charmers...they're actually not as hard to summon as you make it out to be. Aussa gets a very easy out thanks to Scapegoat, Wynn can do the same thing with Dandylion's Fluffy Tokens, and Cloudian Sheep Cloud leaves two water attribute tokens for Eria. All things considered, the only one without a clear abuse outlet would be Hiita...but I'm sure that there's something for that too. (Though, mind you, Fox Fire is a persistent field presence that could later be tributed for the special summon) Anyways, at least Aussa and Wynn can easily be summoned on turn one (Set Aussa and play Scapegoat or Stray Lambs (or Special Summon Hero Kid in whatever way you wish to get two more onto your field)/Summon Wynn and use Foolish Burial to drop Dandylion into the graveyard). My main concern is whether or not they're strong enough to warrant playing over Plasma. But I can't really drop the requirements 'cause then the "familiar possessed"s become even more screwed by the competition than they are now. x.O

Concerning the merged familiars...hmm...though it sort of goes against it, I'll remove the special summoned clause from the tribute material. That should make these very easy to play.

Aaanywhoo...since you mentioned summoning problems:

Alchemic Conjuration
                                      Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by selecting a FIRE, EARTH, WATER, or WIND Attribute monster on your Field when the only monsters on your Field are face-up monsters with the same Attribute as the selected monster. Special Summon two Elemental Minion Tokens (Fairy Type/? Attribute/4 Star/1000 Atk/1000 Def) to your Field in Attack Position. The Attribute of each Elemental Minion Token becomes the Attribute of the monster you selected to activate this card. Elemental Minion Token can not be offered as Tribute except for the Tribute Summon or Effect of a monster with the same Attribute as Elemental Minion Token. Whenever you summon a monster with a different Attribute than Elemental Minion Token, Elemental Minion Token is destroyed and you take 1000 Damage.

Still too hard to get into play, ACC? xD

Anyways, a bit of this and that...

Cleanse Tag
                                      Continuous Trap

When this card is activated, select a "Parasite Demon" Monster on your opponent's Field and equip it with this card (treated as an Equip Spell Card). Reduce the Atk and Def of the equipped monster to zero. When this card is destroyed while equipped to a "Parasite Demon" monster, select and activate one of the following:

- Inflict Damage to your opponent equal to half the original Atk of the monster this card was equipped to.

- Gain Life Points equal to the original Atk of the monster this card was equipped to.

Immunity Breaker
                                      Continuous Spell

While this card is face-up on the Field, the effects of "Parasite Demon" monsters on you opponent's Field can not be negated and "Parasite Demon" monsters on your opponent's Field can not be removed from the field by any card effects your opponent controls.

Parasite Demon Hatchling
                                      Quick-Play Spell

This card can only be activated when your opponent pays Life Points for the effect of a "Parasite Demon" monster. When this card is activated, it becomes a Continuous Spell Card and is placed in your opponent's Spell and Trap Card Zone. During each of his/her Standby Phases, the controller of this card pays Life Points equal to 200 x the number of your opponent's turns that this card has been on the Field. When this card is destroyed while treated as a Continuous Spell Card, select one "Parasite Demon" Monster from your Hand or Deck whose level stars are lower than or equal to the number your opponent's turns that this card has been on the Field and Special Summon that Monster to your opponent's Field, ignoring summoning conditions.

Parasite Fusion

Quick-Play Spell

Select one Monster on your opponent's Field, then select a "Parasite Demon" with the same number of Level Stars as the selected monster from your Hand or Deck and discard it. For as long as it remains face-up on the Field, the monster you selected is treated as a "Parasite Demon" Monster and its effect becomes the effect of the monster you discarded.

(Basically, just powered it up a little by allowing deck discard)

Seal Preserver
                                      Fairy/Effect
                                      6 Star/Light
                                      2000 Atk / 800 Def

Discard this card from your Hand to add one "Cleansing Seal" from your Deck or Graveyard to your Hand. When Summoning this card, you may reduce the level of this card by the number of "Parasite Demon" monsters on your opponent's Field. When the level of this card is 3 or lower, you may treat the Normal Summon of this card as a Special Summon. While this card is face-up on the Field, "Cleansing Seal" on your Field can not be removed from the Field.

(Because I couldn't get over how weird it was to have a parasite search for a field spell that hurts parasites. o.O So yeah, this replaces Nefreeti and Guardian of the Sacred Seal. :3)

Effemary Wingbeat
                                      Normal Spell

Special Summon one "Aether Fairy" Monster from your Graveyard and destroy it.

Old December 28th, 2007 (2:42 PM).
                                      Scarlet Weather Scarlet Weather is offline
                                      The Game is Afoot!

Quote:
                                        Mid-Boss: a bit too strong. 1900 is big for a no-tribute beatstick, and the remove from play (though somewhat more limited than zaloog's discard) is pretty hefty. Ehh...drop the Atk down a notch.

You comment, yet you do not guess the theme? Feel my wrath! *Blasts with demon fireball* Sure, attack lowering shall be in order. Maybe 1700, same as Tane?

Fallen Spirit Nnolfe: another one that pays itself back right from the get-go. Just...have you given any consideration to what you're doing to Mei Kou, you heartless person, you? :< I'm going to say Atk down again. Instant CA compensation is a very powerful effect. I'm pretty sure that my anarchist (which only did his thing when your opponent had more S/T and only destroyed) was 1500. =O

Mei Kou is a loser, end of story. My monsters shall forever destroy him. HA-HA-HA-HA... *gets shot and turned into Prinny for sins* NVM. And yesh, attack lowering shall be in order. (Come to think of it, the person Nnolfe is based on isn't all that combat-heavy anyway).

Prinny: there's some way to abuse this, I'm sure. But then removing a lot from play but not removing this is a bit of a challenge, so fair enough. (Netherworld <3s this little bugger, though)

First rule of dueling: until you think of a way to abuse a card, it is balanced. It is only when some bright spark figures out just HOW to abuse it that the card becomes broken. XD

D.D. Survivor isn't a problem. Its effect only triggers if it's removed from the field; you'd just ditch your own survivors from the game by removing them from your deck or graveyard. The best it can do is abuse your own monster line (which, let's face it, is already ridiculously abusable by a number of other cards including Necroface and Cosmos, so this would hardly be the make or break card for them) or summon triple D.D. Scout Plane, but Scout Plane becomes a crappy Atk, attack position monster on your field and only summons on the End Phase (not to mention being one of the most horrid topdecks ever) so it's very much a double-edged sword already. Ehh...I dunno', you can make it remove from just the graveyard or just the deck if you want a tone-down, but I don't think it's called for, really.

o.o I forgot about that little clause in Survivor's effect... Yah, alright, Harlal keeps his position as resident LaDD removal expert and combo destroyer.

As for the elemental charmers...they're actually not as hard to summon as you make it out to be. Aussa gets a very easy out thanks to Scapegoat, Wynn can do the same thing with Dandylion's Fluffy Tokens, and Cloudian Sheep Cloud leaves two water attribute tokens for Eria. All things considered, the only one without a clear abuse outlet would be Hiita...but I'm sure that there's something for that too. (Though, mind you, Fox Fire is a persistent field presence that could later be tributed for the special summon) Anyways, at least Aussa and Wynn can easily be summoned on turn one (Set Aussa and play Scapegoat or Stray Lambs (or Special Summon Hero Kid in whatever way you wish to get two more onto your field)/Summon Wynn and use Foolish Burial to drop Dandylion into the graveyard). My main concern is whether or not they're strong enough to warrant playing over Plasma. But I can't really drop the requirements 'cause then the "familiar possessed"s become even more screwed by the competition than they are now. x.O

Oh come on, please. So you're saying that not only do I have to run a deck heavy in one element, I now have to run lots of tokens to break out my key monster? Thanks but no thanks. The Creator is already highly superior to these guys, and even Dark Creator looks more appetizing to me. But hey, maybe just prejudice that I didn't create full-powered charmers first. *cries* Ah, Wynn.... nobody must ever know of our forbidden love... *shot'ed big time*

Concerning the merged familiars...hmm...though it sort of goes against it, I'll remove the special summoned clause from the tribute material. That should make these very easy to play.

Aaanywhoo...since you mentioned summoning problems:

Alchemic Conjuration
                                        Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by selecting a FIRE, EARTH, WATER, or WIND Attribute monster on your Field when the only monsters on your Field are face-up monsters with the same Attribute as the selected monster. Special Summon two Elemental Minion Tokens (Fairy Type/? Attribute/4 Star/1000 Atk/1000 Def) to your Field in Attack Position. The Attribute of each Elemental Minion Token becomes the Attribute of the monster you selected to activate this card. Elemental Minion Token can not be offered as Tribute except for the Tribute Summon or Effect of a monster with the same Attribute as Elemental Minion Token. Whenever you summon a monster with a different Attribute than Elemental Minion Token, Elemental Minion Token is destroyed and you take 1000 Damage.

Now that's what I call a support spell. Maybe now I'll run them... once I decide on the best monsters to throw into the deck to get revived.

Still too hard to get into play, ACC? xD

Anyways, a bit of this and that...

Cleanse Tag
                                        Continuous Trap

When this card is activated, select a "Parasite Demon" Monster on your opponent's Field and equip it with this card (treated as an Equip Spell Card). Reduce the Atk and Def of the equipped monster to zero. When this card is destroyed while equipped to a "Parasite Demon" monster, select and activate one of the following:

- Inflict Damage to your opponent equal to half the original Atk of the monster this card was equipped to.

- Gain Life Points equal to the original Atk of the monster this card was equipped to.

Couldn't you just make it a regular equip spell? You can equip to both sides of the field anyway with normal equip. Just say "equip only to a parasite demon on your opponent's side of the field, blah-blah-blah". Anyway, decent support spell and fits the whole demon theme quite nicely.

Immunity Breaker
                                        Continuous Spell

While this card is face-up on the Field, the effects of "Parasite Demon" monsters on you opponent's Field can not be negated and "Parasite Demon" monsters on your opponent's Field can not be removed from the field by any card effects your opponent controls.

Ouch. Mei Kou will be hard at work attacking this one, since it basically gurantees victory if paired with Seal.

Parasite Demon Hatchling
                                        Quick-Play Spell

This card can only be activated when your opponent pays Life Points for the effect of a "Parasite Demon" monster. When this card is activated, it becomes a Continuous Spell Card and is placed in your opponent's Spell and Trap Card Zone. During each of his/her Standby Phases, the controller of this card pays Life Points equal to 200 x the number of your opponent's turns that this card has been on the Field. When this card is destroyed while treated as a Continuous Spell Card, select one "Parasite Demon" Monster from your Hand or Deck whose level stars are lower than or equal to the number your opponent's turns that this card has been on the Field and Special Summon that Monster to your opponent's Field, ignoring summoning conditions.

So basically you're burning yourself for the eventual special summon of a Parasite Demon? Not in a blue moon, thank you very much. Then again, now that I think about it, Parasite players will have more time on their hands because the opponent is tied up behind sealed demons so... I dunno. Balanced definitely, but hard to say whether or not it's underpowered.

Parasite Fusion

Quick-Play Spell

Select one Monster on your opponent's Field, then select a "Parasite Demon" with the same number of Level Stars as the selected monster from your Hand or Deck and discard it. For as long as it remains face-up on the Field, the monster you selected is treated as a "Parasite Demon" Monster and its effect becomes the effect of the monster you discarded.

(Basically, just powered it up a little by allowing deck discard)

WHOOPEE! SUMMON THE DEMON! Yah, -1CA to get a demon is > -2 CA

Seal Preserver
                                        Fairy/Effect
                                        6 Star/Light
                                        2000 Atk / 800 Def

Discard this card from your Hand to add one "Cleansing Seal" from your Deck or Graveyard to your Hand. When Summoning this card, you may reduce the level of this card by the number of "Parasite Demon" monsters on your opponent's Field. When the level of this card is 3 or lower, you may treat the Normal Summon of this card as a Special Summon. While this card is face-up on the Field, "Cleansing Seal" on your Field can not be removed from the Field.

(Because I couldn't get over how weird it was to have a parasite search for a field spell that hurts parasites. o.O So yeah, this replaces Nefreeti and Guardian of the Sacred Seal. :3)

And oh, how it replaces them. Really, someone needs to call Konami and sell them this idea, it sounds almost plausible. *MEGA SHOT'ED*

Effemary Wingbeat
                                        Normal Spell

Special Summon one "Aether Fairy" Monster from your Graveyard and destroy it.
                                        Yay for spamming the Aether Fairy's effects? o.o So many supports... Eh, fair enough.

Fine, I'll edit Nnolfe down to 1300 Atk and Mid-Boss to 1600 once I'm feeling un-lazy, but for now...

The Demon Slayer Arrives... Maybe?
                                        Ritual Spell
                                        Tribute monsters from your field or discard monsters from your hand whose combined level stars equal seven or higher. Special summon one "The Demon Slayer... Maybe?" From your hand or deck.

The Demon Slayer... Maybe?
                                        Monster/Dark/Warrior/Effect/7*
                                        Atk 2600/Def 2000
                                        When this monster is summoned, flip a coin. If heads, this monster becomes immune to the effects of spell and trap cards. If tails, this monster becomes immune to the effects of monster cards and when it destroys a monster as a result of battle, it may attack once again in a row during that battle phase.

x x x x

Old December 29th, 2007 (2:13 PM). Edited December 30th, 2007 by Gabri.
                                        m8

Long time, no see... or post XD

Well, here are they:

Solar Eclipse
                                        Ritual Magic Card

Offer monsters in your field as Tributes or discard monsters from your hand whose total number of stars is 8 or more to Special Summon one "Eclipse Knight" from your handto your side of the field.
                                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        Eclipse Knight
                                        8 Stars
                                        DARK/Warrior/Effect
                                        ATK: 2900/DEF: 2800

Effect: When this monster is attacked by another DARK monster, flip a coin. If heads, that attack does nothing. If this monster is attacked by a LIGHT monster, the attacking monster is destroyed. Any LIGHT monster attacked by this monster is immediately destroyed and no damage calculations are made.
                                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        Tartarian Gate
                                        Field Magic Card

As long as this card is face-up on the field, both players can Special Summon as much monsters as they have on their hand with "Tartarian" or "Tartarus" on its name on his/her side of the field.
                                        Tartarian Shade
                                        4 Stars
                                        DARK/Zombie
                                        ATK: 1950 / DEF: 500
                                        [No effect]
                                        Tartarian Jinxed Skeletons
                                        6 Stars
                                        DARK/Zombie/Effect
                                        ATK: 1900 / DEF: 1200

Effect: For each face-up "Tartarian Shade" on your side of the field, this monster increases its ATK and DEF by 600.
                                        Tartarian Dinosaur
                                        7 Stars
                                        DARK/Beast/Effect
                                        ATK: 2500 / DEF: 1700

Effect: This effect only happens if "Tartarian Gate" is face-up on your side of the field. As long as "Tartarian Gate" is face-up on your side of the field, this monster cannot be affected by Magic, Trap or any other card effects.
                                        Titan of Tartarus
                                        10 Stars
                                        DARK/Divine/Effect
                                        ATK: 4200 / DEF: 3800

Effect: While "Tartarian Gate" is face-up on your side of the field, this monster can only be attacked by LIGHT monsters.
                                        Old December 30th, 2007 (11:08 AM). Edited December 30th, 2007 by Alter Ego.
                                        that evil mod from hell

Quote:
                                          Oh come on, please. So you're saying that not only do I have to run a deck heavy in one element, I now have to run lots of tokens to break out my key monster? Thanks but no thanks. The Creator is already highly superior to these guys, and even Dark Creator looks more appetizing to me. But hey, maybe just prejudice that I didn't create full-powered charmers first. *cries* Ah, Wynn.... nobody must ever know of our forbidden love... *shot'ed big time*
                                          Hoh-hum, anything that wants to use elemental recruiters effectively already has to commit to their chosen attribute, that alone doesn't make a deck weaker. Quite often, it's actually quite the opposite since there are some very useful attribute-specific cards. (Toolbox decks say 'hiiii') You don't have to do tokens either; they're just an easy way to meet the requirements fast. Besides, Scapegoat is a very painless card to include since those tokens can be offered as tribute for stuff like Spiritual Earth Art - Kurogane (trading in for a real monster from your graveyard and further working the graveyard recursion theme that the 'grown' charmers operate on), Creature Swap, Enemy Controller's second effect or even Avalanching Aussa's summon effect.

There are options if you just look for them a little. =O

Quote:
                                          Couldn't you just make it a regular equip spell? You can equip to both sides of the field anyway with normal equip. Just say "equip only to a parasite demon on your opponent's side of the field, blah-blah-blah". Anyway, decent support spell and fits the whole demon theme quite nicely.
                                          Equip Spells can't be activated on the opponent's turn, so there is a difference, actually. Not that notable, but it's there.

Quote:
                                          So basically you're burning yourself for the eventual special summon of a Parasite Demon? Not in a blue moon, thank you very much. Then again, now that I think about it, Parasite players will have more time on their hands because the opponent is tied up behind sealed demons so... I dunno. Balanced definitely, but hard to say whether or not it's underpowered.
                                          So...what part of 'control of this card is switched to your opponent' did you miss? Since the controller pays the cost, they take the burn, the S/T clog, and the squatting parasite. ;D

The Demon Slayer Arrives... Maybe?: Won't work. This says Special Summon, yet the inherent rulings of Ritual Monsters state that they can't be special summoned until they have been Ritual Summoned. See the problem here? Please use the actual ritual wording:

"This card can be used to Ritual Summon "The Demon Slayer... Maybe?". You must also offer Tribute monsters from the field or your hand whose total Levels equal the Level of the Ritual Monster you are attempting to Ritual Summon."

The Demon Slayer... Maybe?: Wording problems. Even though piercing might be allowed now, 'Immunity' still wasn't a YGO term last I checked. Reword time:

When this monster is summoned, Toss a coin. The Effect of this card is determined by the result:

Heads: This card is not affected by Spell or Trap cards.
                                          Tails: This card is not affected by the effects of Effect Monsters. When this card destroys a Monster by Battle, it may attack once again in a row-

Eh...seven stars makes it a bit harder for Advanced Ritual Art, but both of these effects are pretty insane. x.x Heads and you've got something that only a well-timed monarch or Exiled/D.D. monster will get rid of. (unless you've got a lot of big beaters in your deck), tails and you get Ultimate Tyranno on drugs. Why on drugs, you ask? Well, that's because unlike Tyranno this doesn't just wipe your opponent's field clear; it also scores a guaranteed direct attack each turn unless it runs into something it can't destroy. And that's not getting into the fact that you can't exile it, D.D. it, Raiza spin it, or Zaborg blast it either. Still, ritual needs stronger monsters, so...I guess that makes it okay? x.O

Solar Eclipse: What is with you peoples? Respect the ritual wording! Now! I command thee! >O

"This card can be used to Ritual Summon "Eclipse Knight". You must also offer Tribute monsters from the field or your hand whose total Levels equal the Level of the Ritual Monster you are attempting to Ritual Summon."

Eclipse Knight: Believe it or not, mellow, attribute-specific effects still don't make up for the bother of a ritual summon. There are so many better cards you could play. >.<

Tartarian Gate: crazy swarm effect for a bunch of high-Atk brutes. In other words: broken.

Tartarian Shade: vanilla should have flavor text. Ehh...wimpier than Warwolf, not much else to say.

Tartarian Jinxed Skeletons: "This monster gains 600 Atk and Def for each "Tartarian Shade" on your Field". Crappy for a tribute monster. (Seriously, who does tribute flip anyway?) Slate Warrior is no tribute, has precisely as much Atk and gains 500 to each stat through its flip (without situational setup) and also takes 500 Atk and Def off the unfortunate bastard who kills it. Slate Warrior >>> this.

Tartarian Dinosaur: And your wording is way out there like usual. *Sigh* "While "Tartarian Gate" is face-up on your Field, this card is not affected by card effects.". Meh, I'd say overpowered due to the gate plunking it down for free. <.<

Titan of Tartarus: the effect is nothing to call home about, whereas the attack power is completely over the top.

...and you're still up to your old tricks, I see. Overpowered Atks abound with a ridiculously broken summoning method to exploit them. On the other we have a situational ritual monster that's not earning its keep at all. Balance, for the love of all that is sweet and sugary, balance. And check your wordings too.

Honestly, it takes about five minutes to look up a card with a similar effect on YGO Wikia or Metagame.com to check the wording. Am I really the only one here who actually does it? -.-

That aside, a grand finisher for my elemental meddling. :3

Ritual of Transcendence
                                          Ritual Spell

This card can not be targeted by any card effects except its own and the activation and effect of this card can not be negated. During each of your Standby Phases after this card's activation, if this card is in your Graveyard you must offer one EARTH, FIRE, WATER, or WIND Attribute Monster from your Hand or Field as tribute. If you do not, this card is removed from play. When you have tributed at least one each of EARTH, FIRE, WATER, and WIND Attribute Monsters for this effect and the total Level Stars of the tributed monsters equal to 12 or more, remove this card in your Graveyard from play to Ritual Summon one "Doriado - Ruler of the Elements" from your Hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Doriado - Ruler of the Elements
                                          Spellcaster/Ritual/Effect
                                          12 Star/Light
                                          ? Atk / ? Def

This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Ritual of Transcendence". This card's Attribute is also treated as EARTH, FIRE, WATER and WIND. The original Atk and Def of this card becomes the combined original Atk and Def of all Monsters that were tributed for the Ritual Summon of this card. While this card is on your Field, it may use the effects of all EARTH, FIRE, WATER, and WIND Attribute Monsters on the Field and in both players' Graveyards. By sending one EARTH, FIRE, WATER or WIND Attribute Monster from your Hand or Field to the Graveyard, negate the activation and effect of a Card that would affect this card and destroy it.

Speaking of the crazily situational...I could picture one of those anime characters who are supposed to be freakin' dueling pros playing something like this, though. xD

Old December 30th, 2007 (3:17 PM). Edited January 1st, 2008 by Forci Stikane.
                                          Forci Stikane Forci Stikane is offline

Quote:
                                          Honestly, it takes about five minutes to look up a card with a similar effect on YGO Wikia or Metagame.com to check the wording. Am I really the only one here who actually does it? -.-

No!

That aside, a grand finisher for my elemental meddling. :3

Ritual of Transcendence
                                          Ritual Spell

This card can not be targeted by any card effects except its own and the activation and effect of this card can not be negated. During each of your Standby Phases after this card's activation, if this card is in your Graveyard you must offer one EARTH, FIRE, WATER, or WIND Attribute Monster from your Hand or Field as tribute. If you do not, this card is removed from play. When you have tributed at least one each of EARTH, FIRE, WATER, and WIND Attribute Monsters for this effect and the total Level Stars of the tributed monsters equal to 12 or more, remove this card in your Graveyard from play to Ritual Summon one "Doriado - Ruler of the Elements" from your Hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Last I checked, Rituals have to be paid immediately. How about just making it a basic nomi-style?

Doriado - Ruler of the Elements
                                          Spellcaster/Ritual/Effect
                                          12 Star/Light
                                          ? Atk / ? Def

This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Ritual of Transcendence". This card's Attribute is also treated as EARTH, FIRE, WATER and WIND. The original Atk and Def of this card becomes the combined original Atk and Def of all Monsters that were tributed for the Ritual Summon of this card. While this card is on your Field, it may use the effects of all EARTH, FIRE, WATER, and WIND Attribute Monsters on the Field and in both players' Graveyards. By sending one EARTH, FIRE, WATER or WIND Attribute Monster from your Hand or Field to the Graveyard, negate the activation and effect of a Card that would affect this card and destroy it.

...Joy, a seriously big beatstick with protection and effect absorption. With all of the monsters that we've got around, though, there's undoubtedly a contradiction/ broken combination somewhere (Des Wombat + some neutral burner?)...

Speaking of the crazily situational...I could picture one of those anime characters who are supposed to be freakin' dueling pros playing something like this, though. xD
                                          Yeah.

>.>

<.<

...CRAZY TIME!!!

Reformation of the GIANT ROCKS
                                          Normal Spell
                                          You can only activate this card if you have activated 1 "Shield & Sword" while a "GIANT ROCK!!!!!!" monster was face-up on your side of the field this turn. Tribute 1 "GIANT ROCK!!!!!!" monster to Special Summon a corresponding "GIANT STATUE!!!!!!" monster from your Hand or Deck.

A GIANT STATUE!!!!!!
                                          EARTH/Rock/Effect
                                          8 Stars/2000 ATK/3000 DEF
                                          This card can only be summoned by tributing 1 "A GIANT ROCK!!!!!!" for the effect of "Reformation of the GIANT ROCKS". This card can attack while in Defense Position. In this case, its ATK is used for Damage Calculation. When this card attacks an opponent's Defense Position monster with a DEF lower than this monster's ATK, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points. If this monster is in Defense Position at the time, increase the Battle Damage inflicted by 500.

ANOTHER GIANT STATUE!!!!!!
                                          EARTH/Rock/Effect
                                          8 Stars/1000 ATK/4000 DEF
                                          This card can only be summoned by tributing 1 "ANOTHER GIANT ROCK!!!!!!" for the effect of "Reformation of the GIANT ROCKS". This card can attack while in Defense Position. In this case, its ATK is used for Damage Calculation. While this card is in Defense Position, whenever your opponent selects 1 of your "A GIANT ROCK!!!!!!" or "A GIANT STATUE!!!!!!" monsters as an attack target, you may have your opponent flip a coin. If the result is heads, the attack continues normally. If the result is tails, the attack target is changed to this monster.
                                          Old December 31st, 2007 (4:02 AM). Edited December 31st, 2007 by Alter Ego.
                                          that evil mod from hell

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Ichaste Pekoni View Post
                                            Last I checked, Rituals have to be paid immediately. How about just making it a basic nomi-style?
                                            Aww...but then I wouldn't get the prettyful blue frame. D= Besides, ritual spells didn't originally care about what monsters your offered and couldn't touch the deck before Advanced Ritual Art entered the game. There's a first time for everything. ;D (That and ritual makes it easier to search)

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Ichaste Pekoni View Post
                                            ...Joy, a seriously big beatstick with protection and effect absorption. With all of the monsters that we've got around, though, there's undoubtedly a contradiction/ broken combination somewhere (Des Wombat + some neutral burner?)...
                                            Oh come on, it's a freakin -4 in CA at best! Not to mention that you need to have those four attributes at hand and only get your monster four turns after activating the freakin' card. What did you expect? Another Gate Guardian? -.- As for illegal combinations...won't happen. The use of all effects is purely optional, so in case of contradictory ones you'd only get one of them activated. Secondly, since it says that the card 'may use' (as opposed to 'gains') it can only steal ignition effects. Permanents like Spell Canceler and Des Wombat are out of bounds.

Reformation of the GIANT ROCKS: Wording problem. 'matching' isn't an YGO term. That should be something like "Tribute 1 "GIANT ROCK!!!!!!" Monster on your Field in order to Special Summon a monster that designates the tributed Monster in its card effect from your Hand or Deck."

A GIANT STATUE!!!!!!: Ho-hum, it needs that "This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned..." shtick since the current wording doesn't prevent setting. Also, we're now allowed to just say 'This card inflicts piercing damage' for piercing attacks. Some fancy schmancy new wording on a Cyberdark Horn card, apparently. Ehh...sort of like Total Defense Shogun except harder to get out. I think I'll pass. x.O

ANOTHER GIANT STATUE!!!!!!: Pretty sneaky since the coin toss (as opposed to constant re-direct) might tempt people to attack and chance it. If they do, Canyon + this can cause some major pain. The special summon bother is hampering this, though. Not to mention that it's the easiest thing in the world to blast either of these with a piece of monster removal and leave you with a -2 in CA for all your trouble.

Crimson Vindicator
                                            Aqua/Effect
                                            4 Star/Dark
                                            ? Atk/? Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned from your Hand when you receive Battle Damage. The original Atk and Def of this card becomes the amount of Battle Damage you received. You may only activate the effect of one "Crimson Vindicator" at a time.

Mother Parasite - Empyrea
                                            Fiend/Fusion/Effect
                                            8 Star/Dark
                                            2600 Atk / 2300 Def

3 differently named "Parasite Demon" Monsters

This card can only be Special Summoned by removing the above Monsters on your opponent's Field from play and is Special Summoned to your opponent's Field. (You do not use Polymerization) On the turn this Monster is Special Summoned, you may not Summon or Set any other monsters. This card is treated as a "Parasite Demon" Monster and may not be offered as tribute except to Special Summon a "Parasite Demon" Monster. During each of the controller's Standby Phases, if there are any "Parasite Demon" monsters in either player's Graveyard, the controller of this card selects one of them and Special Summons it to his/her Field, ignoring Summoning conditions.

Hostage Negotiation
                                            Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when your opponent declares a Direct Attack. Select one Monster on your opponent's Field and control it until the end of the current Battle Phase. Your opponent may choose to negate this effect. If he/she does, draw three cards. Otherwise, the monster controlled by this effect is destroyed at the end of the Battle Phase.

Old December 31st, 2007 (8:56 PM).
                                            Scarlet Weather Scarlet Weather is offline
                                            The Game is Afoot!

CV: Gorz's de-powered buddy, I assume? Yeah, double-edged sword to play because you have to take at least one direct attack to make him worthwhile and even then you'll need to take care of the opponent's monster. On the other hand, he special summons himself very easily which makes him a candidate as tribute fodder or for shielding, so okay.

Hostage Negotiation: So basically it's Sakuretsu Armor for direct attacks with a choice that no opponent in his right mind would take in order to get rid of it unless he was on the verge of winning? Nice.

Empyrea: Summoning demons from the graveyard is always fun. Ho yes.

Oh, and I didn't realize that your opponent payed the cost for that card earlier. Oh yes, that is much better. Much, much better.

Hmm.... WHY THE CHTHONIA HAS EVERYONE ASSUMED THAT I DON'T CARE ABOUT GUESSING MY CURRENT THEME IN CARD CREATION? HUH? YOU CAN'T ALL SERIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT IS!!!! (Not to mention the fact that Prinny and Mid-Boss pretty much are dead giveaways).

The Overlord's Daughter
                                              Atk 1500/ Def 1000
                                              This monster may attack twice in the same battle phase if three or more differently named monsters are in the opponent's removed from play pile.

Delal
                                              Monster/Dark/Warrior/Effect/4*
                                              Atk 1800/ Def 900
                                              This monster's type is also treated as 'fiend'. If two or more differently named monsters exist in the opponent's removed from play cards, this monster deals piercing damage. If five or more differently named monsters exist in the opponent's removed from play cards, this monster's original Atk becomes 2400.

x x x x

Quick Reply