• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Tiles animation - glitch

Shogun

I'll be back
Years
I have a problem with some tiles when I enter or exit a door. There is a glitched animation that appears on these tiles. I check animations with tiles animation editor and door animation editor but I can't find the animation.
So I checked in vba-m with tile viewer and I can see the error in it. However, How can I solve the problem ?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/dHJqq31dNwIjlz613

Pokémon Cloud white 2 (Fire red 1.0 + jpan)

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
That issue happens because you've placed tiles over the RAM allocated for the door animation. You can see this in action by opening the Tile Viewer in VBA, setting it to autoupdate and using a door. The tiles in the bottom right of Charbase 0x6000000 are overwritten with the door animation regardless of what was there initially. All doors utilise this RAM to execute their animations as its at the very bottom of the secondary tileset and not used in any capacity during the base game.

To prevent this from happening in your hack you will need to move the affected tiles in your tileset away from the bottom right corner. Its pretty rare to fill up an entire secondary tileset so I'm sure there's some other space you can move them to.

Back