• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

ChrisTheChaosGamer

Hailing From Hoenn
Years
you know what? i was a little bit sceptical of the designs of the 5th Gen pokemon. when i saw them, i was actually amazed how much better they looked then the original 1st gen. i think they were more lazy on those than these. i mean look at magnemite and mangeton, grimer and muk, and koffing and weezing. magneton is three magnemites pressed together, muk is just a bigger version of grimer, and weezing is in the same situation as magneton.

at least in the gen V pokemon, you can tell which ones are evolutions, but they are not as obvious as the gen I pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Someone doesn't like the sexy Durant? :(

OH WELL! What matters is that I've discovered Emboar and Herdier are the best B/W Pokemon overall. Herdier is pure awwwwwwww, and Emboar is amazing. It'll be tough to pick an actual favourite out of the two tbh.

Uber Legend

Loves her ubers!
Years
Does no one else here think Roggenrola is really weird? I mean, it has no face. I can't even tell if that hole is supposed to be an eye or not. Its final evolution Gigalith is pretty cool, though.

I don't really mind trubbish and garbodor that much, but Kyurem's animation really bugs me. I love the non-animated Kyurem, but that weird thing where it jiggles its leg fat or whatever it does is kinda weird. I like Zoroark and Krookodile the best. Zoroark is like a dream come true for me. It also kind of reminds me of Shadow the hedgehog, only as a fox. You know what I mean? Oh, and I LOVE Durant! That thing is amazing. I would've caught one if it weren't for the fact that I already had too many pokemon with fire and ground weaknesses.

There are other pokemon that I really don't llike, but I can't name any right now.

Seriously though, Roggenrola has no face. If it does, then I just cn't see it, I guess.

Years
This Pokemon got really cool. <3

606.gif

I love me some aliens.

BringYourOwnKites

Seriously. These are mine.
Years
My favorite Pokemon in Gen V would have to be Litwick. I think the only Pokemon I really dislike in B&W is Garbador or whatever that huge trash heap is. I love Trubbish though.

JSwagg

Bug Catcher Justin
Years
I don't really like any of the legendaries...

Same here, not a single legendary pokemon speaks to me, but the again no legendary pokemon has since the concept of Pokemon came out.

There are a rare number of pokemon that's design is likeable to me, and majority of the time only Dark type pokemon are my favorites. But, here are the few that I like:

Zebstrika, Krookodile, Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanilluxe, and Sawsbusk

Ones I dislike:

Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Patrat/Watchog, Woobat/Swoobat
And I HATE Darumaka. Everytime I look at it, I just want to curbstomp it lol.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
Years
Volcarona is pretty neat... Other than that, I can't name any designs I like off the top of my head, other than Zoroark...

The kami-trio look so horrid =(

Does no one else here think Roggenrola is really weird? I mean, it has no face. I can't even tell if that hole is supposed to be an eye or not.

It is an eye, I think, but it looks like a butthole to me.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
The only designs I liked were Axew and Dewott's previous form(can't remeber) everyone else just looks stupid. The designs for Pokemon went downhill during the 4th generation.

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2014
i can't stand any of 'em except Zekrom, Emolga, haxorus, ferrothorn, galvantula, eelektross, and gigalith

M kingkong M

Sonny Digital
Years
i do like the combinations of types of pokemon they put together like bug and steel but for more then half i don't really like the look of the new pokemon there are some that are pretty cool though.

AleksanderU

Woohooo
Years
I really like the design of Galvantula =) No idea why, but since the beginning that's been my favorite pokémon in the 5th generation.

I dislike the fact that Alomomola, Bouffalant only looks like evolutions to Luvdisk and Tauros. I was hoping for more evolutions, maybe more of the Eevee evolutions and for some pokemon that's just unusable.

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
Years
Ferrothorn - Thoughts?

I love steel, hate bug and then Ferro came along... i've been told it's a fantastic pokemon to use but i just can't bring myself to use it. I just don't think it will be any good for me and my team. I now have 3 teams for generation 5 and it's not in there. What do you guys think?

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
never even bothered to properly check it out really but just looked on bulbapedia now and its only got 489 base stats, its movepool would make it a good sweeper, but the good moves only come with high levels. I wouldnt bother in my opinion it looks pretty **** ha

Years
(First just to let you know its steel and grass not bug.) I suppose its a personal preference but I really like ferrothorn. Its defense is high and it resists nearly everything. Its knot really a strong attacker but it can act as a wall which can really help. I guess it really depends on your strategy.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I'd just like to point out it's Grass/Steel, not Bug/Steel. ;) Anyway, its type is unique, which is good. Visually, it isn't that great, but it's not the worst. Personally, I think Ferroseed looks better. It learns good moves though, like Power Whip. I dislike Ferrothorn though, just because a trainer doesn't use it so I have to evolve a Ferroseed to get it in my PokeDex. XD

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
Years
I think it's really great. I loved steel types for their high defense. Also the type combo is really special. So for me it is a win.

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
Years
I've been shown that curse and lowering it's speed with gyro ball can kill a lot of things and it's becoming a threat, i just never really say the appeal to it. Also sorry my bad, i assumed it was a bug pokemon lol

Back