• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Tatics

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Yeah, I realise this is probably harder than [Insert Swear Word] to script, but uhh, yeah, this lacks a real story. I mean one city? What's there to do. To me, it looks like nothing

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
I think you didn't get the idea of this game,

you're right the storyline isn't defined yet, but it will relay upon 3d battlefields, dialog boxes, 2d screens, sequence of battles, subquests, and other battle activities out of this big city which include gyms, missions, capturing pokémon etc

You will see and travel to other places by engaging these battles, the storyline will unfold in the battlefields and the city will supply your needs in your quest.

I have time to think about the storyline, by now I'm programming and then when the system is finished, the story will be just a small detail without despising its very real importance :)

if you think you can write a nice and really funny story for this project, overflowed with good humor, dialog texts and challenging battles, join me! =D

Last edited:

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 25, 2012
Really nice! You must be really talented in scripting.
I can't wait for more. Keep it up.

Gigatom~

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
Good new, alpha version! =)
I shared this with other community, I promised a video to the people, but I couldn't make it

keys:

enter - select/next
esc - back
wasd - move UP, LEFT, DOWN e RIGHT
space - open/close menu

Here are some codes for you try it out, if you input the right code, it will emit a sound.

these three codes can be used once, if you use other code next, it won't work:
"blazingsquad"
"stormysquad"
"pokeplusgift"

codes to change the starter pokémons:
"hoenn season"
"kanto season"
"johto season"
"almia season"

Windows
minimum Ram: 512 MB
minimum video: 32 MB

pokemontactics.exe - 50 MB

This is an alpha version, everything can be changed or get better, I count with your opinions =)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
Im always a really nice person. Why isnt this a rar file though? I dislike going through an install wizard on a game. ._.

Zephyr, this game is panda3d/python, you need both program that are inside of the installer, the install wizard is very quickly, believe me.

bbybrawler

The Golden Sun
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Hey there I don't post here much but your game is making me to do so.
Just let me say that I find it really cool that you are making a tactics game one of my favorite genre's
I am playing the alpha now and noticed a typo
While talking to proffeser rowan he says "You are two young" where two should be too
Now back to playing

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Theres a few errors but I'm assuming you know most.
I went to the gate on the left upper part of town and was in the forest but couldn't leave, could only move around.
Also try not to do installers(at least on a demo) then people have to go to the effort of uninstalling it and crap.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
While talking to proffeser rowan he says "You are two young" where two should be too
Now back to playing
ops =P
Thank you! I will fix it. Did you find others spelling/grammar errors?

Theres a few errors but I'm assuming you know most.
I went to the gate on the left upper part of town and was in the forest but couldn't leave, could only move around.
Also try not to do installers(at least on a demo) then people have to go to the effort of uninstalling it and crap.

ok, you can point the errors you found if you think it is probably that I do not detect them

in the forest (Adventure) press f10 to exit the program or just close the window, the alpha ends there =P
you can save before go to the gate, there is not turn back after you went

I will try an alternative way to ship the game for you next time.

And thank you for testing, I appreciate it very much ^__^

Last edited:

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
Years
I am downloading alpha, I think I already have python and the other program because I was trying to make a shoot em up game a while back, anyways this game is coming together. I will post any errors/typos that I catch.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
ok. =)

Someone mentioned that nurse joy is the attendant in the Poke Mart...
indeed I didn't think about what character will be the attendant... =P
any idea?

rockeymon

Years
Um Maybe a japanese looking dude, somone old definetly cause thats what the Ow looks like in D/p/pl/r/s/e/fr/lg

Glitch the Second Post thingy (the one that looks kind of like a Mini light house) when you walk on the side that faces the rainbow colored background and walkthrough it it looks like you are walking behind it.

Um awesome game, I like the idea of the chat and entering places, but I would like to still be able to enter places instead of just talking to someone cause what if you decide to put something like a Pokemonfan club? there are always multiple people in there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
Um Maybe a japanese looking dude, somone old definetly cause thats what the Ow looks like in D/p/pl/r/s/e/fr/lg
mayble blaine...
he moved to this new town, after the volcanic eruption on Cinnabar, he planned to rebuild his gym one day, but he couldn't so why not open a Mart... good story? XD

Glitch the Second Post thingy (the one that looks kind of like a Mini light house) when you walk on the side that faces the rainbow colored background and walkthrough it it looks like you are walking behind it.
this is one of the parts that are not finished yet =P

Um awesome game, I like the idea of the chat and entering places, but I would like to still be able to enter places instead of just talking to someone cause what if you decide to put something like a Pokemonfan club? there are always multiple people in there.
That is how Pokémon Tactics will be =D
In the case of Pokemonfan Club, multiple options, general conversation, etc may do the job

rockeymon

Years
Maybe you could enlarge everything and just code it so that you can just open the door and walk in where you can see the outside but the inside is the inside(kind of like runsecapse when you enter a house) and then everything is life size unlike all the other games.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
it is unpredictable, some people may guess this, some others don't. =P
just wondering what do you mean with "done right"?

Back