• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
This forum is dying!? Who the heck made that assumption? D:
The excitement is still QUITE abuzz in many of us here! I mean, look at how much we have all collectively discussed in just the few days this section has been around! THOUSANDS of posts have been made in response to the little info we have already. Honestly if they let everything out all at once, PC may have to close down for a month due to over-posting and whatnot. Which would be awesome, because that would just show HOW much people want to discuss this game with each other.

This is why I love Pokemon. It brings people of all ages together, whether they like each other or not, and they can discuss and have a great time talking about it. <3
LightofTruth was referring to BW forum not this current BW2 forum.

There is definitely no doubt that this current forum is one of the most active around, which is definitely refreshing too see all the buzz about these games.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Ah...well...I feel silly now.
BUT YES. This forum is definitely quite active. The original BW is still busy and buzzing, too, which is also very good. c:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
And it was really weird how on Sunday B2W2 was a sub-forum of BW and now it's not.

It isn't too weird, really. They may be in the same region and have some of the same mechanics in them, but they're two entirely different games!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
They may be in the same region and have some of the same mechanics in them, but they're two entirely different games!

Has anything been said about the breeding/encounter mechanics yet? Will they work the same way based based on seeds and advances etc? :3 I haven't kept up with the updates in this respect, too busy looking at the pretty things like Homika \o/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Has anything been said about the breeding/encounter mechanics yet? Will they work the same way based based on seeds and advances etc? :3 I haven't kept up with the updates in this respect, too busy looking at the pretty things like Homika \o/

Well going from a shot in the dark, I'm going to say they're the same as Black and White. Of course they could be completely different, but for right now, nothing has been said at all about them.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
It isn't too weird, really. They may be in the same region and have some of the same mechanics in them, but they're two entirely different games!
That's what I like about the game. They seem to go to great lengths to not make this another carbon copy with maybe a few added features and some reworked story, with a new character thrown in here and there. This as far as I have seen is nearly completely different in many manners and respects from BW, which may not be said about previous third games as they relate to there original versions.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
That's what I like about the game. They seem to go to great lengths to not make this another carbon copy with maybe a few added features and some reworked story, with a new character thrown in here and there. This as far as I have seen is nearly completely different in many manners and respects from BW, which may not be said about previous third games as they relate to there original versions.

Can I get an "Amen!"? It's really exciting how far that have gone, as well, to make sure this isn't just another remake that changes the story only slightly. They actually went out of their way to let us know that this is indeed a completely different game, just based in the same region. People are saying they would rather just a Pokemon Gray, and to them I say phooey. This takes the whole Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and Gray concept, magnifies it by a thousand, and completely dominates it in the competition. If they were to come out with a Gray in the future, I'm sure as peaches it more than likely wouldn't sell even half as much as Black 2 and White2.

...I should go into sales. I could be the Steve Jobs of Pokemon.

Livewire_

Knight of Three
Years

If they could make it less of a hassle, that would be nice. Easy enough to make lazy people like me to want to do it.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Can I get an "Amen!"? It's really exciting how far that have gone, as well, to make sure this isn't just another remake that changes the story only slightly. They actually went out of their way to let us know that this is indeed a completely different game, just based in the same region. People are saying they would rather just a Pokemon Gray, and to them I say phooey. This takes the whole Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and Gray concept, magnifies it by a thousand, and completely dominates it in the competition. If they were to come out with a Gray in the future, I'm sure as peaches it more than likely wouldn't sell even half as much as Black 2 and White2.

...I should go into sales. I could be the Steve Jobs of Pokemon.
And the thing is that we have to think is. How much do we even know about this game? For all we know they have given up s sliver of info to go on and we are running with and are completely excited and many like myself are ready to buy now. So take what we got and add farther info and we may have a complete master piece on our hands. For me they expand on what we can see already.

- Give me the rivals background, and may role he will play in the game. Will he work with you or against you? Is he your friend or does he have a chip on his shoulder for whatever reason and he acts like he has issues with you such as Gary and Silver. Basically what is already discussed in the relationship thread.

- What happened to N and Ghetsis, and who or what will a team or teams ship up to be going on during the game. Will it be "Police" vs. Plasma? Or who knows what... Is the professor really an evil mastermind?

- What improvements have they made with the region, such as Route 4. Have they reached out more into the region with facilities such as gyms in towns or cities that didn't have them in the previous game.

- What is the makeup of the gym system and league system. Are they the same just more gyms? Who there; who is left out? If out of there gym or league spot will they still maintain a presence or at least cameo in the game?

- Will there be farther areas of the region left to be explored or opened up after we see the region without the ice over it? Or after the Elite Four is beaten? And also will we have access to other areas since we not only have an air port but two airports now.

With such little info it raises so many questions and opens up so much speculation which I find absolute great. As some people say even more enjoyable then the games themselves.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
^ My thoughts wrapped up into one post. These games are amazing. If they aren't the best by gameplay, they will most definitely be the best as far as hype and speculation. It's just as you said, we know only a sliver of information about the games, and yet we have thousands of replies about them. Not only our site here at Pokecommunity but in MANY other sites as well. Game Freak has really outdone themselves this time. To make a game where people worldwide are already feel like they're playing it, when it hasn't even released in it's home country, is amazing.
Something tells me they're going to make this game live up to its expectation and then some.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Another thing they did is catered to the "whinny" imo fans that complained how they couldn't get their presence Gen I - Gen IV until post game. So now you have even more people satisfied with this move they make to the Unova Dex.

Also the graphics which haven't been mentioned enough look terrific, such as the over view of the town. And I don't know if they had this before but the new Oshawott animation with it tossing its shell line its juggling <3.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Oh gosh I'm right there with you. The people crying about actually missing Zubat and Tentacool and all the older Pokemon can stop now, they finally added some. Which, I have to admit I do like, but I liked it when it was just Unova Pokemon better.

I think the graphics are fabulous. I don't care about pixelated sprites. I actually love pixels in video games. The Oshawott tossing its shell is adorable. Like a Grade-A, B.A. No one can mess with him now!But yes, the building designs, the flowers on the grass, everything look awesome, especially considering it's a Pokemon game for the DS.

Cid

Years
Yep, I was one of those people missing the older Pokémon, but I'm surprised that I'm now fine either way. Generation V was quite a surprise as a whole, and it's not even finished, so now's not the time to wholly elaborate upon its pros and cons. However, even with just a few tidbits that we have, I can say that these upcoming games are unbelievable. Game Freak actually acknowledges the strengths and weaknesses of the previous one and builds upon it something fresh and new. I particularly love how they just jumped off the third game tradition and worked their butts off with the new ones. I hope they really prove themselves, because the eager fans are not prepared for disappointment.

I really love how they changed some of the animations. Maybe this time around, Samurott will actually be seen unsheathing its scalchop, or stand on two feet even. A bit far-fetched, I know, but I would love to see it. Yeah, I can't wait to see more of the games in action.

And I have to add, Kenshin5 thought up a lot of interesting questions! I hope most of these get some nods in the games themselves.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
^ My thoughts wrapped up into one post. These games are amazing. If they aren't the best by gameplay, they will most definitely be the best as far as hype and speculation. It's just as you said, we know only a sliver of information about the games, and yet we have thousands of replies about them. Not only our site here at Pokecommunity but in MANY other sites as well. Game Freak has really outdone themselves this time. To make a game where people worldwide are already feel like they're playing it, when it hasn't even released in it's home country, is amazing.
Something tells me they're going to make this game live up to its expectation and then some.
Eh, I'm going to disagree.

Not that they won't necessarily be good games - maybe they will be the best yet - but in terms of hype I have to disagree. Reactions of this sort is really, in my experience anyways, commonplace, and thus far the talk about B2W2 doesn't seem out of the ordinary - thousands of replies has happened before and not just on PC.

Main thig I'm still interested in is the amount of post-game content which is one of my complaints with BW - after the likes of DPPt and HGSS it was a large step down.

Also oh hey this thread is here again. Write fics about B2W2 guys. =p

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Why is this here again.

I already know I'm not going to be writing any fics based around B2/W2. It was difficult enough for me to get an idea involving B/W, and the idea I have can fit in any region.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Yeah, wasn't this already here before?

I never got around to writing fics for BW, so I definitely won't for B2W2. To be honest, I just don't see the need to write for a specific region to pay tribute to it or whatever. Actually, I have yet to have Unova Pokemon appear in any of my fics. Whoops.

Years
I have a weird science/culture/sci-fi journey fic in my head for 5 years now. It could go through each region but darn, it would be long. Very long with utterly boring monologues and technical appraisals.

Years
Eh. I've been wanting to write something Pokemon related for awhile now, but most of my better ideas end up turning into RPs. Who knows, maybe the new games will get my creative juices flowing.

Bay

Years
Man it's been a while since I wrote a Pokemon fic, especially longer ones. I actually finally thought of a Pokemon chaptered fic I would like to do, but bleh real life and a couple other writing projects I needed to get done. >.>;

Back