• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Day and Night?

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Seeing as how Day and Night has been a staple since Gen IV, could we finally be seeing Day and Night in Kanto based games? Surely, they can't get rid of the feature for this game, they didn't with OR/AS.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Agreed. I would like to see day and night functions in Kanto games like Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. Even though their first remake (FRLG) decided to skip it, it was because it was complicated for them that time. Now that they're able to make a proper day/night system again starting Gen IV in Nintendo DS, and because Switch is more capable than 3DS power-wise, it would be a waste if they didn't put that in.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
It would be great but I don't know whether it's likely considering how we haven't seen any footage of Kanto at night so far.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I mean.... hopefully we do get a day/night system in these games? The Nintendo Switch has a system clock, right? So, I'd assume that we'd at least have some form of day/night in let's go Pikachu and Eevee... HG/SS did have day and night in Kanto, so...

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Day and Night in-game possibly could be based on when you play the game(since the system clock is based on time of day) or they could simply make that function independent. Needless to say it'd be odd not to have it when they've had it in past generations. Question is, do they have that in Pokemon GO? If not, then maybe expect not to have it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Day and Night in-game possibly could be based on when you play the game(since the system clock is based on time of day) or they could simply make that function independent. Needless to say it'd be odd not to have it when they've had it in past generations. Question is, do they have that in Pokemon GO? If not, then maybe expect not to have it.
The visuals change in Pokemon GO and the availability of Pokemon shifts a bit too. So it gets dark in game around 8pm or something and iirc ghost Pokemon and whatnot show up more often at night than during the day. So there's precedence!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
We sure can hope. But like Blue stated, we haven?t seen any footage of it yet. Though I wouldn?t put it past them to add it in. Maybe not show it at all and surprise us a bit.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Unlike past game, Night and Day isn't really required to be in the games this time, especially since it is only the first 151 pokemon. So they may not have taken the time to add it.

I am also wanting the night and day cycle to be in the games, but as stated, there hasn't been any footage of night time yet.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
Years
Considering that even Zelda on the GC/Wii had Day/Night features, I'm assuming this one will as well. It's something Nintendo does, so if they don't do it this time around. Even Ocarina of Time had it. It isn't really something they need to announce anymore in my honest opinion.

Years
Pretty sure Day/Night may make it into these games, although I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this isn't the case. Day/Night was only a thing in Gen II because of Pokemon like Hoothoot, Venonat/Venomoth, Clefairy, etc. In Gen I, Day/Night affected nothing (because it didn't exist), so Game Freak may see it as pointless to add.

Last edited:
Back