• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon New Emerald

What is the feature you want to see in another hack?

• Total voters
Years
Pokémon New Emerald

I know, it's just another improved 386 emerald hack, but you can find something interesting in it. :smile:
I started this hack 5 years ago. Its main purpose was to made an easy hack to level up and create as many as possible teams to use against my friends. I learned a lot since then and implemented everything I learned in this hack. I had kept this hack just to myself for some years but I realized that someone would like so I released in a friend's site and had a good reception, so now I'm releasing in pokecommunity. As I put everything I learned you will find some new functions and things that I released here as resource if you want something that I didn't released, just tell me and I will release. I hope you like it.

Features:
All 386 pokémons obtainable (You can fight against all pokémons in the wild and against trainers)
Trade evolutions was changed to stone
Fairy type
Physical, special status split
Moves and abilities updated to gen 7 (and some other Egg's engine things)
Some improvements in battle backgrounds
New items
Some unused songs implemented
Black/White Repel System
Running shoes indoors
Exp. Share gives XP to the party (Use it to enable/disable)
Exp when catching pokémon
Double wild battles on grass and caves
Wild pokémons will hold more items
All pokémon you gain ingame are shiny
Ingame traded pokémons have perfect IV
Mirage Island will appear after elite 4
Events working (Talk to the guy in Lilycove Harbor to receive the items and beat elite 4 to access events)
Sometimes legendary pokémons will appear in altering cave
Game will ask to plant a berry after harvesting a berry and ask to water it if you have wailmer pail
The amount of berries you harvest is doubled
Some TMs changed
Reusable TMs
Removable HMs
Lvl 1 eggs
EV/IV viewer (Use Devon Scope)
Pokérus viewer (Use Scanner)(It shows remaining time and if your pokérmon was cured)
Some leaders will inflict status in your pokémons
Pikachu with special moves with swarm
A hidden pokémon with pokérus
Some game bugs fixed and some small graphics changes
Contest Removed - There is a berry blender in the place
New pokémon sprites and icons
Golden pokéballs as TM items
Maybe more, but I can't remember now :tongue-poke:
A special flower near Victory Road entrance

By default Battle Style is "Set" and Text Speed is "Fast".
My english is not perfect, maybe you can find some typos.

deMKH2N.png
Ybmvs5g.png
txJuv0w.png

Aj8pFZZ.png
TqvoJkD.png
ijxqgCU.png

Download:
V1.0 r1 - March 30th, 2019
Fixed a bug where you can avoid getting the map and watch and fixed some mistakes in the location list.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dg5tr5te6ti36zj/Pokemon_New_Emerald.zip/file
It's an IPS patch with a spreadsheet containing pokémon location, item location, changed TMs and Changed evolution.

I recommend playing without fast forward, cheats and exp. share for an increased difficulty.

INI:
Feel free to edit this hack the way you want and release patches.
INI
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5chem6bh00a7f6c/Pokemon_New_Emerald.ini/file

Bugs:
It's not possible to select lowercase in naming screen. Press 'Select' to change to lowercase.

Credits:
Helping me in some way: :love:
Egg, KDS, Lunos, Tainted, FBI, Avara, Wobb and Daman.

Resources:
Egg, KDS, Lunos, Tainted, artemis64, esperance, Hackmew, Mr Dollsteak, redridders180, Pikachu025, Wobbu, ShadowOne333, sonic1, kleenexfeu, Jaizu, Touched, FBI and Sagiri. Sorry if I forgot someone.

Tools:
GBA Graphics Editor, AMAP, XSE, HXD, Hopeless Trainer Editor, Advanced Series and more.

Last edited:
Years
Honestly I am not a fan of forced status effects placed on your pokemon and I don't know if I would even try this with that in place. As for trade evolutions what stones would be needed since you didn't give any specifics or did you create a stone that is only for trade pokemon?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
shame the contests were removed. Were they replaced with anything? Because the contest hall in Lillycove needs something to be a viable replacement IMO

Years
Honestly I am not a fan of forced status effects placed on your pokemon and I don't know if I would even try this with that in place. As for trade evolutions what stones would be needed since you didn't give any specifics or did you create a stone that is only for trade pokemon?
Forced status is a new thing I inserted recently that I want to test to see if it works good for a challenge. I want to use as a puzzle punishment too, maybe in a new hack.
For now I use the game's stones, most of them use moon and sun stone.

I love the berry system changes! Some other excellent additions as well, great job on this.
Thanks, I think berries need more improvement, I just don't know how. The way that berries work in emerald was a little boring in my opinion. I hope it gets more used now.

shame the contests were removed. Were they replaced with anything? Because the contest hall in Lillycove needs something to be a viable replacement IMO
It's a battle engine bug. For now there is a room with berry blending minigame to replace.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hello mate, haven't seen you in ages, welcome back! All the best with your project! =) x

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
This is the Kind of Hack Rom i want!!!! The best 3 gen game update! Thanks a lot! :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Sorry, but i have a questio, according to Information File, In Petalburg Mart yo can Buy a Red Card but don't show me, need complete a task or do something before i can buy it?

Years
Hello mate, haven't seen you in ages, welcome back! All the best with your project! =) x
Thanks Avara. It's nice to see you here. I'm trying to return to rom hacking, but a lot o of things is happening. Nice work with pokeemerald scripting.:smile:
This is the Kind of Hack Rom i want!!!! The best 3 gen game update! Thanks a lot! :)
Sorry, but i have a questio, according to Information File, In Petalburg Mart yo can Buy a Red Card but don't show me, need complete a task or do something before i can buy it?
It should appears after ultra ball appears as a purchasable item, if it doesn't appear let me know. :wink-right-eye:
Thanks for playing. I hope you enjoy all changes I made.:smile:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Thanks Avara. It's nice to see you here. I'm trying to return to rom hacking, but a lot o of things is happening. Nice work with pokeemerald scripting.:smile:

It should appears after ultra ball appears as a purchasable item, if it doesn't appear let me know. :wink-right-eye:
Thanks for playing. I hope you enjoy all changes I made.:smile:

okey, mate!!! thanks a lot for the game....i really i like it, really like it....

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
I have a doubt, is possible upgrade Light Ball? Because in New Gen double Attack and Special Attack :)

Years
I have a doubt, is possible upgrade Light Ball? Because in New Gen double Attack and Special Attack :)

I have a patch that can fix that for you. Another Emerald Romhacker, Chronosplit, had it included in his collection of optional patches for his Emerald improvement Romhack. You can check it out here if you like:

romhacking.net/hacks/1947/

Here's the link for the patch:

drive.google.com/file/d/1v56bOUiFq3OwCcVfyQCVuFSSVy0HRcqk/view?usp=drivesdk

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
I have a patch that can fix that for you. Another Emerald Romhacker, Chronosplit, had it included in his collection of optional patches for his Emerald improvement Romhack. You can check it out here if you like:

romhacking.net/hacks/1947/

Here's the link for the patch:

drive.google.com/file/d/1v56bOUiFq3OwCcVfyQCVuFSSVy0HRcqk/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks a lot! Now The Hack Is Perfect! UwU

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Yooo! I've got a small doubt, does this hack have an increased level of difficulty? The thing is, this looks like a neat hack to Nuzlocke. Hoping to hear from you! Thanks!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Yooo! I've got a small doubt, does this hack have an increased level of difficulty? The thing is, this looks like a neat hack to Nuzlocke. Hoping to hear from you! Thanks!

yes, have it.....because some gym leaders are a little more stronger

Years

If you dont use fast forward and deactivate exp share, it will be good for a nuzlocke. I increased wild Pokémon's level, changed trainer's pokemons, increased leader levels and changed some leader's pokemons and moves. Some leaders can inflict status before battle, I didn't tested that enough to see if it works good for the game but it helps to make it harder. With exp share and fast forward it's an easy hack as the focus was to be easier to create various teams to fight against my friends.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
i found a "bug" in the Move Re-learner show repeat moves....

Back