The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Previous Generations
6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Old April 18th, 2013 (8:18 PM). Edited April 18th, 2013 by Cyclone.
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
    Someone earlier mentioned the "egg" may be a cocoon, I can actually see how that may be possible...I also see a stylized Claw, so Bug or Dragon?
    Never thought of it that way, but now more and more Bug evidence is coming out (plus my post the other day, and the note that the icon on the cocoon/egg resembles Burgh's Gym badge). I think that's it, ladies and gents. At this point, if it isn't Bug, I'll be surprised.

I will be interested in seeing if the person I quoted returns to that forum just to gloat at the people who told him he was making up support for his theory. :D

After thread research, I've located on a search for "Bug" the following comment of mine from March 5:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
    Swift meanwhile can be learned naturally by 11 different types, none of which include Ghost. I see Bug, Steel, Flying, and Fighting among those types.
    If I'd paid attention to my own comment, I'd have dropped the Ghost guess a long time ago. Sylveon would be the first Ghost type to be able to use it. Yeah, not likely.

Also, I found this:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by That Dude View Post
    I was thinking because the butterfly bows then bug type but the video only shows moves Eevee learns so it is extremely difficult to tell but I could imagine it using Quiver Dance
    That Dude is officially the first to firmly suggest Bug. If Sylveon ends up being Bug type, That Dude is licensed to gloat.

I however now agree: Sylveon is a Bug type.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
    Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler. :P

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 18th, 2013 (10:45 PM).
    Hoenn in 3D!

Nature: Calm
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
    But Sylveon being a pure Flying type will only ruin the Eeveelution special theory (all Eeveelutions are types that are formerly special-based prior to Gen IV, meaning Dragon would've been the most logical type for Sylveon). I hope that Spanish leaker was only lucky for guessing Mewtwo's forme right.
    The key word there being formerly. Why is everyone so hung on these so called patterns 24/7? The only 'pattern' that should really matter when it comes to Eeveelutions is how each represents a sole type.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
    Old April 19th, 2013 (2:27 AM).
    zypher634

Nature: Brave
      imo if they (gamefreak) were going to make a dragon type or flying type eevee then they would've made them in gen 3 and 5.they wouldn't have waited till now to make a new one. plus the thing with sylveon is that its a great marketing technique so you will want to play the game more s you can figr out what type sylveon and all the other pokemon will be

my best team is explained by the picture. the 6th member depends on who im challenging.

you can view my nuzlocke run and other awesome videos at www.youtube.com/zypher634

Friendcode for Black version : 0863-2606-8000
      Old April 19th, 2013 (2:41 AM).
      zypher634

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
        Yep. It's not out of GF's circle to do these kinds of things, really. Case in point: Braviary in Gen 5. A lot of us who saw Braviary's silhouette immediately assumed "FEAROW EVO", while GF had massive gigglefits and then promptly revealed Braviary itself, going all "nope lol you guys are so wrong". That and the new Kyurem formes in BW2, but those were more or less easy to guess.

Sylveon, I'd say, would be more of a drawn-out trick being played on us. .___. It's already been two months (?) since it's announcement and no-type yet, though at least we're at least getting some heavy hints (however unhelpful they may be, sadly).
        at least we got some closure with mewtwo and its new forme. the video on pokemon.com is really awesome yet still leaves questions. just like sylveon. they just need to announce something else besides mewtwo and sylveon. maybe give us the starters evos? I just wanna know if fennekin is a damn fire fightng

my best team is explained by the picture. the 6th member depends on who im challenging.

you can view my nuzlocke run and other awesome videos at www.youtube.com/zypher634

Friendcode for Black version : 0863-2606-8000
        Old April 19th, 2013 (2:49 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Forever View Post
          Flying has never had a pink-ish connotation from what I remember, though. :( So that's... unusual?
          Are you forgetting hoppip? It just screams pink.

Spoiler:

Gen 6.
          Old April 19th, 2013 (5:28 AM).
          Vampire Waifu

Nature: Quirky
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by C Payne View Post
            The key word there being formerly. Why is everyone so hung on these so called patterns 24/7? The only 'pattern' that should really matter when it comes to Eeveelutions is how each represents a sole type.
            Despite the Physical/Special split in Gen IV, Eevee still managed to received two new evolutions that were formerly special-based, Grass and Ice, which means game mechanic changes have no effect on patterns/traditions, which are important models on what to expect on the next game to prevent gamers from being overhyped on things that'll never happen due to patterns/traditions.
            Old April 19th, 2013 (7:22 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post
            Are you forgetting hoppip? It just screams pink.

Spoiler:
            I don't think you know what a connotation is.

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
            Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
            Old April 19th, 2013 (7:30 AM).
            10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
              The fact that we only have one Eeveelution, and one former special type left still leaves me thinking it'll be Dragon.
              Old April 19th, 2013 (7:45 AM).
              Eye of the Storm

I'd love to see a Fighting type, but that's me.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Old April 19th, 2013 (8:26 AM).

Quote:
                Despite the Physical/Special split in Gen IV, Eevee still managed to received two new evolutions that were formerly special-based, Grass and Ice, which means game mechanic changes have no effect on patterns/traditions, which are important models on what to expect on the next game to prevent gamers from being overhyped on things that'll never happen due to patterns/traditions.
                That dosent mean they can't break it now. Game Freak can do what they please with their own game. I find it much more likely that Sylveon is a new type than Dragon type.
                Old April 19th, 2013 (9:30 AM).
                Hoenn in 3D!

Quote:
                Going along with what Shiny Celebi said, they can break any of these so called patterns at any point, they are not forced to stick with them. You honestly consider this Eeveelution pattern' to be in the leagues of game tradition? You honestly consider a single, simple, lucky evolution line to be an important key to hold back overhyping in future games? Good lord...

This reminds me of how everyone started to use FrLg and HGSS as another pattern, even when it was shown that the games come out as they come out, with no real pattern in mind. This 'pattern' is even similar in that Esp/Umb started out as the first new pair, then Gla/Lea came out as the second pair, and we all know that two does not make a pattern.

They've also broken tradition before, in order to breathe some new life into things, the most notable recently being how Black 2/White 2 broke the tradition of just a simple, slightly beefed up third games. We're also getting a full 3D game pair to kick off 6th gen, that's a HUGE change many thought would/should never come.

Old April 19th, 2013 (9:40 AM).
                OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
                  One break in tradition doesn't essentially mean that tradition is essentially over, to break fully they'll need to do it multiple times at least imo. (sort of like in a graph some points don't quite line up in a straight line, but sometimes it's only one point and you can ignore it sometimes).

Anyways I still think it's Dragon. Now if they've done another pair I would be thinking other wise.
                  Old April 19th, 2013 (12:03 PM).
                  Hoenn in 3D!

It's been more than one tradition that's been broken, but my point isn't that it's always going to be changed; What I'm pointing out is that just because things may make it seem like there is a pattern, there is just as much of a chance that said so-called 'pattern' can be broken. Is occasionally opposing tradition (reasonably) not allowed or something?

Going on, comparing a little coincidence(thus far, a pattern is just speculation) such as the eeveelutions that have so far come out to be in the league of a huge tradition such as, say, obtaining badges(something that is much, much more likely to not change) is pretty ridiculous.

Being more specific, having a next eeveelution that wasn't originally special-based is not ruining anything because the pattern wasn't confirmed to begin with. Now something like giving an eeveelution a dual-typing, due to it's history of each evolution symbolizing a specific type after being exposed to different situations, would be a bigger deal.

Old April 19th, 2013 (12:35 PM).

Nature: Hasty
                    Quote:
                    It's been more than one tradition that's been broken, but my point isn't that it's always going to be changed; What I'm pointing out is that just because things may make it seem like there is a pattern, there is just as much of a chance that said so-called 'pattern' can be broken. Is occasionally opposing tradition (reasonably) not allowed or something?

Going on, comparing a little coincidence(thus far, a pattern is just speculation) such as the eeveelutions that have so far come out to be in the league of a huge tradition such as, say, obtaining badges(something that is much, much more likely to not change) is pretty ridiculous.

Being more specific, having a next eeveelution that wasn't originally special-based is not ruining anything because the pattern wasn't confirmed to begin with. Now something like giving an eeveelution a dual-typing, due to it's history of each evolution symbolizing a specific type after being exposed to different situations, would be a bigger deal.
                    Them all being Mono-typed and them all being based on Special type is the same thing as far as patterns and traditions go. So if you are saying that it can be broken with the next one not being a special type then you are saying it can be broken with a dual type since its the same arguement.

Them all being Mono typed is just as much a speculative coincidence as all of them being based on Special types. So they either both ruin the pattern or neither do. History agrees with that as well.
                    Old April 19th, 2013 (1:08 PM).
                    The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
                      I've read this rumor on Reddit that goes like this;
                      Spoiler:
                      " So I had this idea that Sylveon might be based on a Poison Ivy, so I was looked up Poison Ivies on wikipedia, and to my surprise, there is a specie of Poison Ivy called Oxicodendron Sylvestre or Rhus Sylvestris. It grows in China, Japan, Korea and Taiwan. So it's not only a local Japanese poison ivy, it also has Sylve in it's name. Thoughts?"

Well this seems really plausible. Although Sylveon doesn't look like a Poison type, there is a photo edited to this post featuring a tree with this nice pink color.

And another reason why Sylveon could be Dragon type is because of the Astral background during the trailer. Looks alot like Iris's battle background in B2/W2
                      Old April 19th, 2013 (1:32 PM).

that's more far fetched than the bird. how many pokémon are based on that obscure a plant? it doesnt even look poison. wouldn't that make it grass-type, anyway?

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                      Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                      Old April 19th, 2013 (1:48 PM).
                      Eye of the Storm

I mean no rudeness by this, but I find it rather humorous that some are trying to tie the "egg" into their type preference in some convenient way.

Cyclone

Old April 19th, 2013 (1:58 PM).
                        Artist

Nature: Modest
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
                          I've read this rumor on Reddit that goes like this;" So I had this idea that Sylveon might be based on a Poison Ivy, so I was looked up Poison Ivies on wikipedia, and to my surprise, there is a specie of Poison Ivy called Oxicodendron Sylvestre or Rhus Sylvestris. It grows in China, Japan, Korea and Taiwan. So it's not only a local Japanese poison ivy, it also has Sylve in it's name. Thoughts?"
                          Well this seems really plausible. Although Sylveon doesn't look like a Poison type, there is a photo edited to this post featuring a tree with this nice pink color.
                          This could be cool and unexpected, and I like poison a bit! :O
                          But, who knows (besides GF, of course)?

Good day.
                          Old April 19th, 2013 (2:29 PM).
                          Hoenn in 3D!

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
                          Them all being Mono-typed and them all being based on Special type is the same thing as far as patterns and traditions go. So if you are saying that it can be broken with the next one not being a special type then you are saying it can be broken with a dual type since its the same arguement.

Them all being Mono typed is just as much a speculative coincidence as all of them being based on Special types. So they either both ruin the pattern or neither do. History agrees with that as well.
                          You've misunderstood what I was saying.

My point there was that, as far as eeveelutions are concerned, there are worse things than them breaking this unofficial 'pattern' of them all being special based(which has since been broken itself, so doesn't really apply 100% anyways).

All eeveelutions ending up being mono type is much more of a given than it is a pattern, although, since we only have almost half types covered, I'm not going to say it is definite. Having a dual-type eeveelution when it's looking inevitable that in the end each should represent a sole type...that would be ruining what is seemingly their purpose. It's not about whether it has the same opportunity of being broken, it's that that would be a much, much bigger shock than ruining the whole physical/special deal(which doesn't even really apply anymore with the split).

Exactly what harm is being accomplished by letting a physical type take priority over a special type though? Nothing, as they would all end up getting made eventually anyway, hopefully. There isn't any sort of real negativity that would come if that ends up becoming true.

Old April 19th, 2013 (3:38 PM).
                          Quarter Life Crisis! @[email protected]

Nature: Quiet
                            Quote:
                            Spoiler:
                            " So I had this idea that Sylveon might be based on a Poison Ivy, so I was looked up Poison Ivies on wikipedia, and to my surprise, there is a specie of Poison Ivy called Oxicodendron Sylvestre or Rhus Sylvestris. It grows in China, Japan, Korea and Taiwan. So it's not only a local Japanese poison ivy, it also has Sylve in it's name. Thoughts?"
                            Wow, that is really cool! I didn't even consider that it could be a Poison type- it doesn't seem like anyone has really considered it.

@Twilight Sky- I agree that it doesn't really look like Poison type. I feel like it would be purple or something if it was a Poison type. Although, it does have the butterflies on it and a lot of Bug pokemon are part Poison.

Pokemon Go Dex: 84
                            ORAS National Dex: 552

Blog || Fanfiction || Twitter || Tumblr || Instagram
                            Old April 19th, 2013 (6:18 PM).
                            ♪ Yggdrasil ♪

I dunno. Pink seems like a Poison kind of colour, too, since a lot of purples are blended with it. Might also explain the fangs you can see in some instances and pictures.

I still think it's Flying, though. A Flying Special Attacker would be cool ^^

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
                              "My scar makes me sassy, child!"
                              The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
                              The French Club
                              Old April 19th, 2013 (8:54 PM).
                              Quarter Life Crisis! @[email protected]

Nature: Quiet
                                That is true, it is kind of purplish. And it does have some purple on it.

I found this picture. I think it is fan made, but either way it is a really cool concept in my opinion.

Spoiler:

Pokemon Go Dex: 84
                                ORAS National Dex: 552

Blog || Fanfiction || Twitter || Tumblr || Instagram
                                Old April 19th, 2013 (8:55 PM).
                                Hoenn in 3D!

@Yusshin That's one of the things I love about Togekiss.

Old April 19th, 2013 (9:16 PM).
                                ♪ Yggdrasil ♪

That blue eeveelution is cute lol

Meanwhile, those fake orb things that look like pacifiers... Their effects would definitely help with breeding, but it might make it too easy for more-female or more-male ratio'd Pokemon to be super-bred with specific moves, natures, etc.

Ah, well.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
                                  "My scar makes me sassy, child!"
                                  The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
                                  The French Club
                                  Old April 20th, 2013 (6:31 AM).

Nature: Hasty
                                    Quote:
                                    Spoiler:

And another reason why Sylveon could be Dragon type is because of the Astral background during the trailer. Looks alot like Iris's battle background in B2/W2
                                    I made a comment about that rumor on pokejungle either last week or earlier this week. Basically its not accurate. They use the wrong name to try and associate type. While its well done, since they use the US/UK name its inaccurate.

Quote:
                                    You've misunderstood what I was saying.

My point there was that, as far as eeveelutions are concerned, there are worse things than them breaking this unofficial 'pattern' of them all being special based(which has since been broken itself, so doesn't really apply 100% anyways).

All eeveelutions ending up being mono type is much more of a given than it is a pattern, although, since we only have almost half types covered, I'm not going to say it is definite. Having a dual-type eeveelution when it's looking inevitable that in the end each should represent a sole type...that would be ruining what is seemingly their purpose. It's not about whether it has the same opportunity of being broken, it's that that would be a much, much bigger shock than ruining the whole physical/special deal(which doesn't even really apply anymore with the split).

Exactly what harm is being accomplished by letting a physical type take priority over a special type though? Nothing, as they would all end up getting made eventually anyway, hopefully. There isn't any sort of real negativity that would come if that ends up becoming true.
                                    I think you misunderstand your own post. No the special type pattern hasn't been broken. All 7 eevee evolutions are special typed just as they've always been mono typed. Its the same argument. They've been special typed just as they've been mono typed. While there is no possible damage done with them not following it, there's no damage with making a dual typed evolution either. Both have roughly the same chance of happening. But eevee's evolutions being special typed is as true as them being mono typed.

Quick Reply