• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Thank you guys for the feedback, it was really helpful! :D

Also, I was thinking about that idea someone had for a monotype challenge for Conquest.I'm just playing through it now, and I'd think monotyping to get through the main game or whatever would be enough - it wouldn't be a very long challenge, but that's not a big deal. Also I thought... why couldn't other challenges be formatted for conquest? there could easily be an NFE challenge, a Nuzlocke challenge (you can only link with one pokemon in a kingdom, if the pokemon you're controlling faints then you can't use that warrior/warlord - Oichi or the Hero/Heroine fainting equals game over etc) and so on.

I personally think it'd be cool if we just had an "Ultimate Conquest Challenge" thread, where there are several different ones, and the ultimate version would be you do all of them.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Don't know a thing about (insert Adele performance at the Oscars ignoring this thread now) Conquest but I would be fine with one thread for all Conquest challenges. If it gets too hectic to run them all in one thread, we could lock it and split them all up into separate threads.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
ZombieMyrrh back from the dead and whatnot.

I like Golurk's idea. Need to do Conquest for the P3 Challenge and I just feel like playing it a bunch. As for one thread for all the conquest challenges, we should either do that or just add Conquest to all of the challenges that we have now (monotype, nuzzy, etc.) upon request.

Years
So guys. I need help coming up with March's monthly challenge for my subreddit. I'm on a blank at the moment. Maybe you get drunk, and choose six Pokemon under the influence, and use that team?

That is a horrible idea.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
So guys. I need help coming up with March's monthly challenge for my subreddit. I'm on a blank at the moment. Maybe you get drunk, and choose six Pokemon under the influence, and use that team?

Although we won't be having it this March, we had a St. Patrick's Day event in 2011, the first challenge event actually, so you could use it. Link to it in the FAQ. If you don't like that idea, you could make an Easter challenge that involves using random eggs.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
eh it's fine then ^^"
the good stuff usually happens when it's night time over here anyways xD

11wildy

Me!
Years
I know the feel. And Syddy, why u never on the chat thingy :(. Btw, I played a ground monotype on Red, second time ever playing Red, first time playing it without insanely boosting through :3. So many WTF moments O_O.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm in there now...? lol I'm usually on every night (my time anyway) so if you're trying to catch me there in the middle of the day, I'm probably in classes. :P

Years
Is figured to go somewhat along the same route as Love in the Clouds, meaning that all six Pokemon will be have a different set of rules to them.

Green: Must use a green Pokemon. It has to win 2 X contests (Never used smart. If you're drunk, you tend not to be all that smart)

Shamrock: A multi-headed Pokemon. Needs another rule.

Lucky: Luck based moveset (Less than 100 accuracy moves, multi-hit moves, Metronome)

Saint: Requires at least one healing move. Can't evolve.

Alcoholic: All vitamins/drink based healing items goes towards this guy.

Leprechaun: Short. Has to be the last one caught. Once caught, must be holding nugget at all times.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hey, I really like that! Very nice. :) For the Shamrock, you could add that it needs to know a multi-hit move, I suppose. I know that's included for the Lucky Pokemon, but I think it'd fit with a Pokemon that has multiple heads. There are multiple head Pokemon available in all games though, right? I keep thinking DP doesn't have one, but I could be wrong.

Years
How about instead of just more than one head, its more of the appendages than the norm. Like Ambipom has two tails, and Machamp has four arms. Provides more variety in the Pokemon you can use. Though that extra rule to it is not all that easy to figure out...

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
You could elaborate that rule specifically, like Syd did to the Duo thing on the valentine's challenge. =)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
This is my kind of thread title.

Personal Challenge: Project Perfect Pokemon update!
Well, I finally caught back up to where I should have been a week ago if my game didn't delete itself 16 pokemon away from getting the Johto starters in Emerald. Got them all now. In Sapphire, I now have all but 35 families of Pokemon. Here's the breakdown of locations for me to catch them:

Emerald: 2-5/7 to catch.
Spoiler:

LeafGreen: 1-14/15 to catch.
Spoiler:

FireRed: 13 left to catch on 2 files.
Spoiler:

After that (I can probably do both Emerald and LeafGreen in one stream, FireRed will take 3 or 4) I'll just need to do some evolving and breeding, and I'll have the National Pokedex completed on an additional 3 games! Other than that, I just need to beat the battle tower in Sapphire, the battle frontier in Emerald (no laughing matter) and master rank contests in both of them (I've already gotten started with Sapphire) and I'll be 100% done with 3 more games!

My goal is to have 8 out of 25 of the games (Blue, Silver, Stadium, Stadium2, Trading Card Game, Sapphire, Emerald, and LeafGreen) completely beaten before summer break. Right now, technically I only have one of those done (Blue), but I'm pretty close on a most of them (all of them but Silver and Stadium2). This summer I'll get a capture card (or before, at this rate I'll be done in like another month lol), and a friend and I are going to power through Pokemon Rumble to perfection. When he's not here I can also hit up some Colosseum (and XD because I have money and can go buy it, jobs are great). After that, I'll be rapidly approaching the hellish halfway point of my challenge, where all the games I have left are near impossible to perfect (Trozei, Pinball, Mystery Dungeon series, Ranger series, etc.)

Hope this wasn't tl;dr for you guys, I feel like I typed for an hour lol. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back