• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wonder Trade Guilt.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I have over 30 hours logged Wonder Trading. It is my new addiction. I've gotten a few trade to evolve Pokemon which was good for my Dex. I actually have more foreign Pokemon than I do American. I can't seem to get a foreign Ditto so I've kept ALL foreign Pokemon including Fletchling and Bunnelby. I can Masudo with those. I'm even breeding Japanese with French for babies with Egg Moves lol.

One trade I got a Bunnelby named "YOU FKN BLOW" and I thought it was hilarious. I was laughing for a good five minutes.

I first Wonder Trade I got a French Scatterbug which I was happy to get so I could evolve it for the final form. I wish more people traded Scatterbug, collecting all is proving to be a problem. All in all though I've gotten some really good stuff. I have two Japanese Fennekin, a Japanese Venusaur, German Torchic. A Japanese Eevee with it's Hidden Ability.

I haven't gotten any Pokerus. I haven't seen any Chespin or it's line, nor any of the Squirtle line. I've gotten a few X version exclusives, a few Y exclusives that I've sent right back out because I have Y. I'm hoping to one day get a Shiny or a Legend. I already know what I'm breeding when Pokebank is released. It will be epic and everybody will want to keep my OT Pokemon.

All in all no guilt, it's just like walking around in the grass, most stuff you see will be crap but every once in awhile it is all worth it. Happy trading!!

Clemps

I'm stuck in the bath
Years
I'm sending all my hatched Eevee's into the Wondertrade, hoping people will notice their Bold Nature and will evolve them into a Vaporeon. I HOPE THEY DON'T RELEASE THEM.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
So my first three battles on Route 12 this morning:
- Pinsir
- Miltank
- Pinsir

Hmm, I thought Pinsir was labeled as "Very Rare". If I keep seeing them, I will have to hit up Wonder Trade and spam them around...

For now, off to the GTS to try to acquire a Heracross.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
Sometimes I feel guilty if I get a Pokémon that is almost too good. I once got a level 54 Sylveon (I don't remember what I traded but I know it wasn't something bad) and I couldn't help but feel bad because someone obviously spent a lot of time training that thing. I still worry if they put it up for trade accidentally. :\

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
i do feel a little guilty trading away the breeding failures...but i usually give em an item like a moon stone or pp up to make up for it.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Sometimes I feel guilty if I get a Pokémon that is almost too good. I once got a level 54 Sylveon (I don't remember what I traded but I know it wasn't something bad) and I couldn't help but feel bad because someone obviously spent a lot of time training that thing. I still worry if they put it up for trade accidentally. :\

The only stuff I keep are foreign Pokemon, X exclusives I don't have to breed and Pokemon with Hidden Abilities. Once I get a foreign Pokemon with a Hidden ability or foreign X exclusive I trade the American away. The highest level I've gotten was a 78. It was quickly traded away. Also any Pokemon I used on my team were Wonder Traded. The only Pokemon I own with my OT are both of my starters and my revived fossil. So I can say people trade higher levels without it being a mistake.

Everything I hatch is Wonder Traded until I get a Shiny or flawless with the correct Nature.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
I got a male Fennekin, which is cool and all. Only to realize it wasn't bred, lv. 5 and is called "Kennekins". I wanted to trade it back but the guy who gave it to me wasn't the OT. Looks like this "Shauna" didn't know what she was getting into.

It hit like a brick. I don't feel guilty for what I get but dammit this is an exception.

I hope you realize that the Fennekin was Shauna the NPC's. You get the starter yours is super effective against when you beat the elite 4. The person who traded must of had a Greninja.

Years
I'm thinking that when/if I ever get a 3Ds and ethier x or y I will WonderTrade fully evolve version exclusives, and fully evolved starters in hopes to make people happy.^^ and if I get a shiny from the wild that I don't want (tho id behappy to find one as Iit would be my first) I would wonder trade it and hope to make someone happy ^^

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Speaking of Pokémon that are "yours", don't forget the Lucario with Lucarionite and Lapras immediately after that are both registered to your name. If you have either. I had already evolved a Lucarios without knowing I would be getting one later in the game.

Meanwhile, I got a Froakie through Wonder Trade. From Japan. Beauty. I now know I'm getting Chespin later, too, so I may wait until then for that.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
Personnel the wonder trade is a great place for dam trolls and I don't feel bad if someone gets get a bad poke

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
I decided to wonder trade my Charmander(as I didn't want it); I laughed so hard when I got a weedle for it! Later, though, when I traded som random Pokémon away, I actually got a lvl. 1 Charmander. Kind of funny.

I'm planning on breeding Eevees, evolving them and trade them away. I haven't gotten that far into the game yet though. I want to get fly and some more stones before I start. (But I did manage to catch a wild female Eevee; though, it took quite some time)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I caught two female Eevees. I wanted Sylveon to be a female, without question. Luckily for me, at Lv.19 they still know Baby-Doll Eyes, which allowed me to double-heart and evolve immediately at Lv.20 into a female Sylveon.

Personnel the wonder trade is a great place for dam trolls and I don't feel bad if someone gets get a bad poke
It's happened to me, too. All I do is ship it right back out. Sooner or later something nice will arrive. I received three East(?) Kalos Pokémon (red marked region) through Wonder Trade; one was at Lv.46, well above my party. I'm waiting until my team gets to that level before I begin to use that Rhyhorn. I may catch another to breed and then send some out through Wonder Trade. Meanwhile, I'm curious that Route 13 is considered the third region; already caught a Dugtrio and Trapinch, but my first Gible was OHKOed and the second killed itself with recoil after I False Swiped it.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016

I think you must have had a bad experience. Somehow. If you don't like what you get then Wonder Trade it away. I've gotten so many amazing Pokemon from Wonder Trade it's ridiculous. It's far better than the GTS. I've run out of Pokemon to Wonder Trade multiple times, and that's with Wonder Trading away the Pokemon I don't want to keep.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
I just trade over 100 Magikarps with "Youmadbro" as name. I feel so awesome.
...And then someone trade me a stunfisk with the name "fawkyou" as if they knew I was doing those random pranks. Karma.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2016
I've wonder traded away probably 15 freshly hatched froakies now, i'm starting the masuda method for a shiny and just throwing all the not shinys in the wondertrade haha, making me feel better about some of the bad stuff i traded for nice things

Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2014
My first and only wonder trade was a rhyhorn for a japanese Ditto.

I felt so bad about it, because i knew this guy was just good guy spamming dittos for people to MM with.

I don't want to do it agian, because if someone shoots me a aggron or something awesome like that i'll curl up and think im a terrible person.

Years
I've wonder traded away probably 15 freshly hatched froakies now, i'm starting the masuda method for a shiny and just throwing all the not shinys in the wondertrade haha, making me feel better about some of the bad stuff i traded for nice things

I'm doing the same thing with Lapras. Did you receive a Lapras under the OT of Silver Fox? Because I received a Froakie and that made my night :3
Also received two Scatterbugs. That made me a little disappointed until I checked one and it had pokérus.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2016
I'm doing the same thing with Lapras. Did you receive a Lapras under the OT of Silver Fox? Because I received a Froakie and that made my night :3
Also received two Scatterbugs. That made me a little disappointed until I checked one and it had pokérus.

No but i wish! ;-; My froakies are under the OT John.....so even if you got one as the OT who knows if it was mine haha, i'd have to check my ID. I always put in my actual name without thinking the first time (excitement), normally for games i use anubis, but alas, to late to restart now =P

Death

The Pale Horseman
Years
When I first tried the Wonder Trade, I had no idea how it worked so I sent out a random level three Pokemon out just to check.

That's when I realized I could randomly gift nice Pokemon to random people so sometimes I'd take some time to breed some good Pokemon to give out. I don't mind getting trash Pokemon, since I like collecting IDs for the lotto. hehe

But sometimes I feel guilty too because I keep thinking, "What if they don't need this Pokemon?"

Back