• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Special Condition - Poisoned

Years
Hi Trainers

I would like to know EXACTLY how does damage works when my Pokemon is poisoned
Because sometimes the description reads : put 1 damage counter between turns and the other description reads : in-between turns

In-between turns :
Let's say my opponent attack and poisons my Pokemon and ends his turn.
Do I put 1 damage counter on my Pokemon, draw a card, play items cards, attack , end my turn and put 1 damage counter on my Pokemon again?
Then my opponent plays again, ends his turn, then I put a damage counter on the beginning of my turn . Then I play, do my attacks, end my turn and put my damage counter on

Between turns
Let's say my opponent attack and poisons my Pokemon and ends his turn.
Do I put 1 damage counter on my Pokemon, draw a card, play items cards, attack and end my turn
Then my opponent plays his turn, attacks, ends his turn
Then I put my damage counter on my Pokemon. Play, attack , and end my turn.

This has always been so confusing to me

Thanks for the help :)

Years
It happens between the transition to each player's turn. As in, your turn ends, a damage counter is placed, then opponent plays, their turn ends, and another damage counter is placed. It can be lethal if you're not prepared for it, since you can play just two turns of yours and take 4 damage simply because you get 10 poison damage between each player's turn.

Also regarding this, if an attack states that its poison damage does more than 10 damage between each turn, then you go with that damage, at least until another poison effect strikes the Pokemon, in which case the newer poison effect's damage replaces the old poison effect's damage, even if the newer poison effect's damage is less than the old one's damage.

Anything else you want clarified on Poison damage?

Back