The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Previous Generations
6th Gen An introduction of new types...?

Old May 15th, 2013 (7:10 PM).
Ice-Type Fanatic

Nature: Timid
One thing bugs me about the Fairy idea. It doesn't actually sound like a "type" + it's the name of an egg group.

"Light" would make more sense to me, being an element and all. Faeries are beings. They use elements, but aren't one in themself, so doesn't make much sense. The egg group does, but not a typing.

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 15th, 2013 (7:14 PM).
► My Happy Little Pill 

Nature: Lax
I mean even if they went with Faerie instead of Fairy, it's still way too similar to the egg group. I guess Light would make sense I suppose, but that's still pretty iffy. Light is still to similar to Electric and Fire for me as to what it relates to in the actual world (Electricity giving us light, as does Fire). It just seems shaky to me. It seems likely that there is a new type, so I guess I'm interested to see what they come up with.
Old May 15th, 2013 (11:25 PM).
WUB WUB

Nature: Relaxed
Giving this type a name does sound rather complicated.
I wonder what its original japanese name and its english translation is going to be
Light might be similar in some ways to Fire and Electric, but i still think it could be a type, especially since we already have a dark type

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 15th, 2013 (11:45 PM).
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
    I don't think progression just for the sake of progression is a good idea either. Adding in a new type because it serves an actual purpose? Awesome. Adding it in just because why not? Eh, sounds like more risk than reward to me. However, if they can add it in effectively without screwing up the type chart I'll be more than happy with it.
    Dragons are overpowered and need more balance against them... Meta is really played out and not many unique teams. A new type will be the icebreaker on if I get Y or not... Its getting tiresome with the types now... They would always be progressing towards every Pokemon being viable in competitions.

Newer players might feel like its weird to adept to a new type, but in R/B/Y we had to adjust to Steel and Dark being brought in. They could also be changing up the game in many aspects making it truly better and less stale, which is the only way I'll keep playing. People may like old and dated mechanics, but they can go play older games.

They don't want their game to stay the same forever if they slower lose sells and want more people buying their product. Bringing in people who didn't buy B/W and B/W2 that were veterans and bringing in new players are their goals. It makes perfect sense to make changes like this...

Old May 16th, 2013 (1:42 AM).
    Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
      Didn't Pokemon Smash CONFIRM a new type ? Poison was super effective against sylveon and it resisted Ice. That confirms a new type.
      Old May 16th, 2013 (3:37 AM).
      Medium-Rare Trainer

Nature: Modest
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
        Didn't Pokemon Smash CONFIRM a new type ? Poison was super effective against sylveon and it resisted Ice. That confirms a new type.
        Where did you see that?

Also, I really love the idea of a new type. I love that it's being treated as Fairy-related, but what I really hope is that they end up calling it Light :) or something else... Nymph type?

The rumor also states that it's super effective against Fighting, Dark and Dragon. Immunity to Dragon, which is great. NVE against Fire and Psychic, which sounds fair, and weak to Poison and Steel, also very fair.

Now, I just wonder if that's not the final chart, because, if you guys recall, from the very first X&Y trailer, when Fennekin uses a Psychic attack against Kirlia, it could be an understatement that Psychic type will be very effective against "Fairy", to which Kirlia and Gardevoir most likely will end up being reclassified.
        White : 0905 9140 0338

My thread: Trades, EV services, Breeding. Clicky.
        Old May 16th, 2013 (4:02 AM).
        Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Dmatt View Post
          Where did you see that?

Also, I really love the idea of a new type. I love that it's being treated as Fairy-related, but what I really hope is that they end up calling it Light :) or something else... Nymph type?

The rumor also states that it's super effective against Fighting, Dark and Dragon. Immunity to Dragon, which is great. NVE against Fire and Psychic, which sounds fair, and weak to Poison and Steel, also very fair.

Now, I just wonder if that's not the final chart, because, if you guys recall, from the very first X&Y trailer, when Fennekin uses a Psychic attack against Kirlia, it could be an understatement that Psychic type will be very effective against "Fairy", to which Kirlia and Gardevoir most likely will end up being reclassified.
          It could also not be a new type, but a reworking of the type chart, but its most likely a new type. As I've stated before, Fairy sounds like the Japanese typing for the new type, with Light being the dubbed type's name.

Old May 16th, 2013 (4:25 AM).
          clout

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
          There's some major X and Y news on Smash this week which includes Junichi Masuda making an appearance, whether that's just the news we found out from CoroCoro or something else I don't know. It could be Sylveon's typing since what we found out has already been updated on all the International Websites but we'll see.
          Old May 16th, 2013 (5:49 AM).

I am a bit curious on what type the new Eeveelution will be. Any guesses as to what type Sylveon is?
            Old May 16th, 2013 (6:56 AM).
            Stuff and things

Maybe if there is a light type it won't neccesarrily represent Light as in Illumanation, but possibly Good? I already see Dark Types as Evil so having a good type would be interesting
              Old May 16th, 2013 (10:55 AM).
              Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ProfGrove View Post
                I am a bit curious on what type the new Eeveelution will be. Any guesses as to what type Sylveon is?
                Sylveon is Fairy or Light type. It makes since because sunshine would melt ice and poison which is like corruption would make light impure and harm it.

Old May 16th, 2013 (12:05 PM). Edited May 16th, 2013 by Pinkie-Dawn.
                Vampire Waifu

Nature: Quirky
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Belldandy View Post
                  One thing bugs me about the Fairy idea. It doesn't actually sound like a "type" + it's the name of an egg group.

"Light" would make more sense to me, being an element and all. Faeries are beings. They use elements, but aren't one in themself, so doesn't make much sense. The egg group does, but not a typing.
                  By that logic, Bug, Ghost, and Dragon shouldn't be types at all. It's still possible for Fairy to be both a type and an egg group like a few other existing types.
                  Old May 16th, 2013 (3:22 PM).
                  Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Belldandy View Post

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
                    I mean even if they went with Faerie instead of Fairy, it's still way too similar to the egg group. I guess Light would make sense I suppose, but that's still pretty iffy. Light is still to similar to Electric and Fire for me as to what it relates to in the actual world (Electricity giving us light, as does Fire). It just seems shaky to me. It seems likely that there is a new type, so I guess I'm interested to see what they come up with.
                    You think it cannot be a new type simply because of an egg group sharing the same name? I can prove why that makes no sense at all...

I have a few examples for you...

Old May 16th, 2013 (4:36 PM).
                    Medium-Rare Trainer

GUYS!

Listen, after reading a bunch of info and stuff, I'm betting the Fairy type is the real deal

Just see the first trailer from X&Y... when the starters are showcasing their attacks...
                      Chespin uses a grass attack on a water pokémon. Super effective.
                      Chespin uses a dark attack on a ghost pokémon. Super effective.
                      Froakie uses a water attack on a fire pokémon. Super effective.
                      Froakie uses a fighting attack on a normal pokémon. Super effective.

Now, for my "discovery"
                      Fennekin uses a *fire* attack on a *fairy*¨pokémon. Super effective! (And yes, this means that I've read that Munchlax and Snorlax get reclassified as Fairy pokémon)
                      Fennekin uses a *psychic*¨attack on yet another *fairy* pokémon. Super effective!(Here, I'm also assuming Kirlia will get reclassified as Fairy)

It all makes sense, and it would be a very clever way of secretly showcasing this new typing, from day one!

Old May 16th, 2013 (4:41 PM).
                      Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
                        GUYS!

Listen, after reading a bunch of info and stuff, I'm betting the Fairy type is the real deal

Just see the first trailer from X&Y... when the starters are showcasing their attacks...
                        Chespin uses a grass attack on a water pokémon. Super effective.
                        Chespin uses a dark attack on a ghost pokémon. Super effective.
                        Froakie uses a water attack on a fire pokémon. Super effective.
                        Froakie uses a fighting attack on a normal pokémon. Super effective.

Now, for my "discovery"
                        Fennekin uses a *fire* attack on a *fairy*¨pokémon. Super effective! (And yes, this means that I've read that Munchlax and Snorlax get reclassified as Fairy pokémon)
                        Fennekin uses a *psychic*¨attack on yet another *fairy* pokémon. Super effective!(Here, I'm also assuming Kirlia will get reclassified as Fairy)

It all makes sense, and it would be a very clever way of secretly showcasing this new typing, from day one!
                        I don't think it showed what was super effective and what wasn't... Do you have a link to that footage because I've never seen any super effective tags or anything...

Old May 16th, 2013 (4:55 PM).
                        Medium-Rare Trainer

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
                          I don't think it showed what was super effective and what wasn't... Do you have a link to that footage because I've never seen any super effective tags or anything...
                          Common sense.

I just based on the other two, using commonly known attacks on pokemon we already know (Magikarp, Golruk, the fire monkey and Patrat). It was Fennekin the only one that didn't make sense as to why he would be using those attacks on those seemingly not-very effective pokemon.

Old May 16th, 2013 (5:01 PM).
                          Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
                            Common sense.

I just based on the other two, using commonly known attacks on pokemon we already know (Magikarp, Golruk, the fire monkey and Patrat). It was Fennekin the only one that didn't make sense as to why he would be using those attacks on those seemingly not-very effective pokemon.
                            I'm saying I haven't seen a video with this on it at all... So I must have missed one everyone else saw...

They could also just be showing off animations so it doesn't prove anything... Why would Fire and Psychic types be super effective to Fairy? We already know its strong against Ice and weak again Poison... I don't see, logically, why those would be super effective.

Old May 16th, 2013 (5:02 PM).
                            Fruit Pokémon

Quote:
                              Common sense.

Fennekin using a Fire-type attack on Munchlax is nothing out of the ordinary. Munchlax doesn't resist it unless it has the Thick Fat ability, which still doesn't technically resist it. Fennekin using a Psychic-type attack on Kirlia is absolutely no basis for you saying that Kirlia will be retyped as a 'Fairy-type'.

It's just showcasing their moves against different Pokemon, that's literally it. If anything the purpose of that was to hint at their possible future dual-types (I personally believe they'll be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting) and to show us which Pokemon could potentially be found in the game.

I've seen the trailers and there isn't a single indication of a new type. People are just getting overhyped because of all of the new features that we're finally getting (diagonal movement, customization, outfits) and want even more. There has already been enough proof that Sylveon will probably be Flying or Bug just by its name.
                              Old May 16th, 2013 (5:21 PM).
                              Medium-Rare Trainer

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
                                I'm saying I haven't seen a video with this on it at all... So I must have missed one everyone else saw...

They could also just be showing off animations so it doesn't prove anything... Why would Fire and Psychic types be super effective to Fairy? We already know its strong against Ice and weak again Poison... I don't see, logically, why those would be super effective.
                                It was the very first world wide Pokemon X&Y trailer... It's on Youtube, it starts by Pikachu "talking" and introducing the new generation...

And yes, I know it's a long shot, but it also kinda fits. I also have found discrepancies between what types are super effective against Fairy, as well as the final typing of the starters, but that's part of the guessing game, until we have actual proof.

Old May 16th, 2013 (5:31 PM).
                                Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by AzaleaLightning View Post
                                  Fennekin using a Fire-type attack on Munchlax is nothing out of the ordinary. Munchlax doesn't resist it unless it has the Thick Fat ability, which still doesn't technically resist it. Fennekin using a Psychic-type attack on Kirlia is absolutely no basis for you saying that Kirlia will be retyped as a 'Fairy-type'.

It's just showcasing their moves against different Pokemon, that's literally it. If anything the purpose of that was to hint at their possible future dual-types (I personally believe they'll be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting) and to show us which Pokemon could potentially be found in the game.

I've seen the trailers and there isn't a single indication of a new type. People are just getting overhyped because of all of the new features that we're finally getting (diagonal movement, customization, outfits) and want even more. There has already been enough proof that Sylveon will probably be Flying or Bug just by its name.
                                  Sylveon took reduced damage from an Ice attack and took extra damage from a Poison attack... I don't know of a typing that does that... It's a new type...

Old May 16th, 2013 (5:31 PM).
                                  ► My Happy Little Pill 

Nature: Lax
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by AzaleaLightning View Post

The only real indication people have was the Smash video where they were showcasing Sylveon's potential type with the different strengths and weaknesses, which didn't match up to any current types. I mean, I'm still gunning for there not being a new type, but I guess that's pretty decent evidence for a new type. But seriously, here's hoping there isn't one =x
                                  Old May 18th, 2013 (2:56 PM). Edited May 21st, 2013 by MiloticFan.

I would love the fairy type to be introduced, as we have dragon, and it actually makes sense, as a lot of old Pokémon would fit into this typing...

I thought we could maybe discuss what Pokémon and moves we'd like to see get retyped, rather than speculate how it will fit into the type chart! Here are my thoughts!
                                    Cleffa: Fairy
                                    Clefairy: Fairy
                                    Clefable: Fairy
                                    Igglybuff: Fairy
                                    Jigglypuff: Fairy
                                    Wigglytuff: Fairy
                                    Happiny: Fairy
                                    Chansey: Fairy
                                    Blissey: Fairy
                                    Togepi: Fairy
                                    Audino: Fairy
                                    Lickitung: Fairy/Normal
                                    Lickilicky: Fairy/Normal
                                    Snorlax: Fairy/Normal
                                    Snubbull: Fairy/Normal
                                    Granbull: Fairy/Normal
                                    Skitty: Fairy/Normal
                                    Delcatty: Fairy/Normal
                                    Togetic: Fairy/Flying
                                    Togekiss: Fairy/Flying
                                    Swablu: Fairy/Flying
                                    Bellossom: Grass/Fairy
                                    Lilligant: Grass/Fairy
                                    Shaymin (Land Form): Grass/Fairy
                                    Celebi: Fairy/Grass
                                    Misdreavus: Ghost/Fairy
                                    Mismagius: Ghost/Fairy
                                    Volbeat: Bug/Fairy
                                    Illumise: Bug/Fairy
                                    Milotic: Water/Fairy
                                    Luvdisc: Water/Fairy
                                    Phione: Water/Fairy
                                    Alomomola: Water/Fairy
                                    Gardevoir: Psychic/Fairy
                                    Uxie: Psychic/Fairy
                                    Mesprit: Psychic/Fairy
                                    Azelf: Psychic/Fairy
                                    Mienshao: Fighting/Fairy
                                    Mawile: Steel/Fairy
                                    Jirachi: Fairy/Steel
                                    Plusle: Electric/Fairy
                                    Minun: Electric/Fairy
                                    And of course Sylveon would be this type, and maybe Xerneas will be fairy/ground with Yveltal being dark/flying? The moves that I think should become fairy moves are After You, Assist, Bestow, Charm, Heal Bell, Healing Wish, Heal Pulse, Lovely Kiss, Lucky Chant, Lunar Dance, Present, Refresh, Relic Song, Simple Beam, Softboiled, Sweet Kiss, Teeter Dance, Tickle and Wish.

Let me know what you think!
                                    Old May 18th, 2013 (6:34 PM).

I begin to think if the rumors are true and the difference between Smash chart and rumor chart it could mean we could have 2 new types. One would be Fairy and the other could be something like Sound.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
                                      XY IGN: Yvonne
                                      Old May 18th, 2013 (6:51 PM).

There's always a possibility for a new type wtih each generation. I think one type will be the new eeveelution. I also think there might be a possibility that the new pseudo-legendary will be a new type.
                                        Old May 18th, 2013 (7:29 PM).
                                        Werewolf Assassin

They could also be reworking the type chart altogether to stir up meta...

Quick Reply