Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore the first 3D Pokémon region while putting a stop to Team Flare. Then, revisit the Hoenn region with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

Draconius GO
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #276    
Old May 15th, 2013 (11:07 AM).
LycaNinja's Avatar
LycaNinja LycaNinja is offline
Werewolf Assassin
     
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Age: 24
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Docile
    Posts: 232
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by patchlist View Post
    adding a light type will tell people that dark types are naturally evil... It doesnt sound good.
    They are Villain/Evil type in Japanese... I think Light/Dark counter types are well over due, plus the meta really needs some tuning...
    __________________


    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #277    
    Old May 15th, 2013 (1:58 PM).
    Captain Gizmo's Avatar
    Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is offline
    Legit Boss
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Location: Canada
    Age: 24
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 4,824
    So for the fairy type that's been circulating around the internet. Is this rumor legit or it's only rumors?
    __________________
    ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
    |3DS FC|
    Reply With Quote
      #278    
    Old May 15th, 2013 (2:01 PM).
    SolarAbusoru's Avatar
    SolarAbusoru SolarAbusoru is offline
    Go Go PokéRangers
       
      Join Date: Sep 2009
      Location: Lumios City
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 940
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
      So for the fairy type that's been circulating around the internet. Is this rumor legit or it's only rumors?
      It's still just that, a rumour.
      __________________

      Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
      Signature Pokémon: Luxray
      Reply With Quote
        #279    
      Old May 15th, 2013 (2:19 PM).
      Captain Gizmo's Avatar
      Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is offline
      Legit Boss
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2012
      Location: Canada
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 4,824
      The mount Pokemon was already confirmed to be legit, tho.

      You guys think that Game Freak would add a new type to the game?
      __________________
      ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
      |3DS FC|
      Reply With Quote
        #280    
      Old May 15th, 2013 (2:42 PM).
      LycaNinja's Avatar
      LycaNinja LycaNinja is offline
      Werewolf Assassin
         
        Join Date: Sep 2010
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Docile
        Posts: 232
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
        The mount Pokemon was already confirmed to be legit, tho.

        You guys think that Game Freak would add a new type to the game?
        Yes... It mixes up the meta game, making it less stale, making people want to play it more who fell out of it, improving sells.
        __________________


        Reply With Quote
          #281    
        Old May 15th, 2013 (3:01 PM).
        Captain Gizmo's Avatar
        Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is offline
        Legit Boss
        • Gold Tier
         
        Join Date: Sep 2012
        Location: Canada
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 4,824
        Don't you think it could make people like it less also?

        I know I wouldn't want a new typing right now =/
        I like how it is right now.
        __________________
        ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
        |3DS FC|
        Reply With Quote
          #282    
        Old May 15th, 2013 (3:22 PM).
        Blue's Avatar
        Blue Blue is offline
        problematic
        • Moderator
        • Platinum Tier
         
        Join Date: Jan 2008
        Location: United Kingdom
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 20,309
        A new type is possible at this stage and with the Fairy type rumour flying about, it makes it a little more believable. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a new type upon us but I can imagine the reactions would be equally split tbh.
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #283    
        Old May 15th, 2013 (3:42 PM).
        hiff8's Avatar
        hiff8 hiff8 is offline
        Gotta Derp em all
           
          Join Date: Mar 2010
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 303
          It would make things messy, and I have to say I really don't like the idea
          __________________
          My friend code for Y/3ds: 3222-6867-7895
          Reply With Quote
            #284    
          Old May 15th, 2013 (4:00 PM).
          Guy Guy is offline
          just a guy
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Sep 2008
          Location: Florida
          Age: 25
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 7,190
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by hiff8 View Post
          It would make things messy, and I have to say I really don't like the idea
          It wouldn't be messy if they keep the type system balanced. Honestly, the only issue with introducing a new type now is just getting used to the idea that there's a new type around meaning new strengths/immunities/weaknesses for some.
          Reply With Quote
            #285    
          Old May 15th, 2013 (4:20 PM).
          Haza's Avatar
          Haza Haza is offline
          ☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Aug 2008
          Age: 26
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Naughty
          Posts: 6,720
          A new type sounds like progression... which is what it needed in the franchise.
          __________________

          Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
          The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
          Twitter
          Facebook
          Reply With Quote
            #286    
          Old May 15th, 2013 (5:53 PM).
          Jake♫'s Avatar
          Jake♫ Jake♫ is offline
          ► My Happy Little Pill 
          • Platinum Tier
           
          Join Date: May 2008
          Location: New York
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Lax
          Posts: 2,953
          I don't think progression just for the sake of progression is a good idea either. Adding in a new type because it serves an actual purpose? Awesome. Adding it in just because why not? Eh, sounds like more risk than reward to me. However, if they can add it in effectively without screwing up the type chart I'll be more than happy with it.
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #287    
          Old May 15th, 2013 (7:10 PM).
          Belldandy's Avatar
          Belldandy Belldandy is offline
          Ice-Type Fanatic
          • Crystal Tier
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: May 2013
          Location: Ottawa, Ontario
          Age: 25
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Timid
          Posts: 3,995
          One thing bugs me about the Fairy idea. It doesn't actually sound like a "type" + it's the name of an egg group.

          "Light" would make more sense to me, being an element and all. Faeries are beings. They use elements, but aren't one in themself, so doesn't make much sense. The egg group does, but not a typing.
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #288    
          Old May 15th, 2013 (7:14 PM).
          Jake♫'s Avatar
          Jake♫ Jake♫ is offline
          ► My Happy Little Pill 
          • Platinum Tier
           
          Join Date: May 2008
          Location: New York
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Lax
          Posts: 2,953
          I mean even if they went with Faerie instead of Fairy, it's still way too similar to the egg group. I guess Light would make sense I suppose, but that's still pretty iffy. Light is still to similar to Electric and Fire for me as to what it relates to in the actual world (Electricity giving us light, as does Fire). It just seems shaky to me. It seems likely that there is a new type, so I guess I'm interested to see what they come up with.
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #289    
          Old May 15th, 2013 (11:25 PM).
          Zorogami's Avatar
          Zorogami Zorogami is offline
          WUB WUB
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Mar 2013
          Location: Madrid/Spain
          Age: 25
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 2,169
          Giving this type a name does sound rather complicated.
          I wonder what its original japanese name and its english translation is going to be
          Light might be similar in some ways to Fire and Electric, but i still think it could be a type, especially since we already have a dark type
          __________________

          ~ Anything for my Nakama ~
          Reply With Quote
            #290    
          Old May 15th, 2013 (11:45 PM).
          LycaNinja's Avatar
          LycaNinja LycaNinja is offline
          Werewolf Assassin
             
            Join Date: Sep 2010
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Docile
            Posts: 232
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
            I don't think progression just for the sake of progression is a good idea either. Adding in a new type because it serves an actual purpose? Awesome. Adding it in just because why not? Eh, sounds like more risk than reward to me. However, if they can add it in effectively without screwing up the type chart I'll be more than happy with it.
            Dragons are overpowered and need more balance against them... Meta is really played out and not many unique teams. A new type will be the icebreaker on if I get Y or not... Its getting tiresome with the types now... They would always be progressing towards every Pokemon being viable in competitions.

            Newer players might feel like its weird to adept to a new type, but in R/B/Y we had to adjust to Steel and Dark being brought in. They could also be changing up the game in many aspects making it truly better and less stale, which is the only way I'll keep playing. People may like old and dated mechanics, but they can go play older games.

            They don't want their game to stay the same forever if they slower lose sells and want more people buying their product. Bringing in people who didn't buy B/W and B/W2 that were veterans and bringing in new players are their goals. It makes perfect sense to make changes like this...
            __________________


            Reply With Quote
              #291    
            Old May 16th, 2013 (1:42 AM).
            Mujahid's Avatar
            Mujahid Mujahid is offline
            Sir Froakie is impressed.
               
              Join Date: Feb 2010
              Location: India
              Age: 22
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quiet
              Posts: 607
              Didn't Pokemon Smash CONFIRM a new type ? Poison was super effective against sylveon and it resisted Ice. That confirms a new type.
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #292    
              Old May 16th, 2013 (3:37 AM).
              Dmatt's Avatar
              Dmatt Dmatt is offline
              Medium-Rare Trainer
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2008
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Modest
                Posts: 112
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
                Didn't Pokemon Smash CONFIRM a new type ? Poison was super effective against sylveon and it resisted Ice. That confirms a new type.
                Where did you see that?


                Also, I really love the idea of a new type. I love that it's being treated as Fairy-related, but what I really hope is that they end up calling it Light or something else... Nymph type?

                The rumor also states that it's super effective against Fighting, Dark and Dragon. Immunity to Dragon, which is great. NVE against Fire and Psychic, which sounds fair, and weak to Poison and Steel, also very fair.

                Now, I just wonder if that's not the final chart, because, if you guys recall, from the very first X&Y trailer, when Fennekin uses a Psychic attack against Kirlia, it could be an understatement that Psychic type will be very effective against "Fairy", to which Kirlia and Gardevoir most likely will end up being reclassified.
                __________________
                Name: Dmatt/Dan
                Pearl : 2538 0185 7851
                SoulSilver : 2495 0636 9069
                White : 0905 9140 0338

                My thread: Trades, EV services, Breeding. Clicky.
                Reply With Quote
                  #293    
                Old May 16th, 2013 (4:02 AM).
                LycaNinja's Avatar
                LycaNinja LycaNinja is offline
                Werewolf Assassin
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2010
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Docile
                  Posts: 232
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Dmatt View Post
                  Where did you see that?


                  Also, I really love the idea of a new type. I love that it's being treated as Fairy-related, but what I really hope is that they end up calling it Light or something else... Nymph type?

                  The rumor also states that it's super effective against Fighting, Dark and Dragon. Immunity to Dragon, which is great. NVE against Fire and Psychic, which sounds fair, and weak to Poison and Steel, also very fair.

                  Now, I just wonder if that's not the final chart, because, if you guys recall, from the very first X&Y trailer, when Fennekin uses a Psychic attack against Kirlia, it could be an understatement that Psychic type will be very effective against "Fairy", to which Kirlia and Gardevoir most likely will end up being reclassified.
                  It could also not be a new type, but a reworking of the type chart, but its most likely a new type. As I've stated before, Fairy sounds like the Japanese typing for the new type, with Light being the dubbed type's name.
                  __________________


                  Reply With Quote
                    #294    
                  Old May 16th, 2013 (4:25 AM).
                  Blue's Avatar
                  Blue Blue is offline
                  problematic
                  • Moderator
                  • Platinum Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2008
                  Location: United Kingdom
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 20,309
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
                  Didn't Pokemon Smash CONFIRM a new type ? Poison was super effective against sylveon and it resisted Ice. That confirms a new type.
                  There's some major X and Y news on Smash this week which includes Junichi Masuda making an appearance, whether that's just the news we found out from CoroCoro or something else I don't know. It could be Sylveon's typing since what we found out has already been updated on all the International Websites but we'll see.
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #295    
                  Old May 16th, 2013 (5:49 AM).
                  ProfGrove's Avatar
                  ProfGrove ProfGrove is offline
                     
                    Join Date: May 2013
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 117
                    I am a bit curious on what type the new Eeveelution will be. Any guesses as to what type Sylveon is?
                    Reply With Quote
                      #296    
                    Old May 16th, 2013 (6:56 AM).
                    F1refly's Avatar
                    F1refly F1refly is offline
                    Stuff and things
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2011
                      Location: Smithfield, Free State, South Africa
                      Age: 23
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 154
                      Maybe if there is a light type it won't neccesarrily represent Light as in Illumanation, but possibly Good? I already see Dark Types as Evil so having a good type would be interesting
                      __________________
                      Amazing Signature by Pebbles
                      Reply With Quote
                        #297    
                      Old May 16th, 2013 (10:55 AM).
                      LycaNinja's Avatar
                      LycaNinja LycaNinja is offline
                      Werewolf Assassin
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2010
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Docile
                        Posts: 232
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by ProfGrove View Post
                        I am a bit curious on what type the new Eeveelution will be. Any guesses as to what type Sylveon is?
                        Sylveon is Fairy or Light type. It makes since because sunshine would melt ice and poison which is like corruption would make light impure and harm it.
                        __________________


                        Reply With Quote
                          #298    
                        Old May 16th, 2013 (12:05 PM). Edited May 16th, 2013 by Pinkie-Dawn.
                        Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
                        Pinkie-Dawn Pinkie-Dawn is offline
                        Vampire Waifu
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2012
                          Location: California
                          Age: 25
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quirky
                          Posts: 9,490
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Belldandy View Post
                          One thing bugs me about the Fairy idea. It doesn't actually sound like a "type" + it's the name of an egg group.

                          "Light" would make more sense to me, being an element and all. Faeries are beings. They use elements, but aren't one in themself, so doesn't make much sense. The egg group does, but not a typing.
                          By that logic, Bug, Ghost, and Dragon shouldn't be types at all. It's still possible for Fairy to be both a type and an egg group like a few other existing types.
                          __________________
                          Reply With Quote
                            #299    
                          Old May 16th, 2013 (3:22 PM).
                          LycaNinja's Avatar
                          LycaNinja LycaNinja is offline
                          Werewolf Assassin
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2010
                            Age: 24
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Docile
                            Posts: 232
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Belldandy View Post
                            One thing bugs me about the Fairy idea. It doesn't actually sound like a "type" + it's the name of an egg group.

                            "Light" would make more sense to me, being an element and all. Faeries are beings. They use elements, but aren't one in themself, so doesn't make much sense. The egg group does, but not a typing.
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
                            I mean even if they went with Faerie instead of Fairy, it's still way too similar to the egg group. I guess Light would make sense I suppose, but that's still pretty iffy. Light is still to similar to Electric and Fire for me as to what it relates to in the actual world (Electricity giving us light, as does Fire). It just seems shaky to me. It seems likely that there is a new type, so I guess I'm interested to see what they come up with.
                            You think it cannot be a new type simply because of an egg group sharing the same name? I can prove why that makes no sense at all...

                            I have a few examples for you...
                            __________________


                            Reply With Quote
                              #300    
                            Old May 16th, 2013 (4:36 PM).
                            Dmatt's Avatar
                            Dmatt Dmatt is offline
                            Medium-Rare Trainer
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2008
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Modest
                              Posts: 112
                              GUYS!

                              Listen, after reading a bunch of info and stuff, I'm betting the Fairy type is the real deal

                              Just see the first trailer from X&Y... when the starters are showcasing their attacks...
                              Chespin uses a grass attack on a water pokémon. Super effective.
                              Chespin uses a dark attack on a ghost pokémon. Super effective.
                              Froakie uses a water attack on a fire pokémon. Super effective.
                              Froakie uses a fighting attack on a normal pokémon. Super effective.

                              Now, for my "discovery"
                              Fennekin uses a *fire* attack on a *fairy*¨pokémon. Super effective! (And yes, this means that I've read that Munchlax and Snorlax get reclassified as Fairy pokémon)
                              Fennekin uses a *psychic*¨attack on yet another *fairy* pokémon. Super effective!(Here, I'm also assuming Kirlia will get reclassified as Fairy)

                              It all makes sense, and it would be a very clever way of secretly showcasing this new typing, from day one!
                              __________________
                              Name: Dmatt/Dan
                              Pearl : 2538 0185 7851
                              SoulSilver : 2495 0636 9069
                              White : 0905 9140 0338

                              My thread: Trades, EV services, Breeding. Clicky.
                              Reply With Quote
                              Reply

                              Quick Reply

                              Join the conversation!

                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                              Create a PokéCommunity Account

                              Sponsored Links
                              Thread Tools

                              Posting Rules
                              You may not post new threads
                              You may not post replies
                              You may not post attachments
                              You may not edit your posts

                              BB code is On
                              Smilies are On
                              [IMG] code is On
                              HTML code is Off

                              Forum Jump


                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:06 AM.