Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore the first 3D Pokémon region while putting a stop to Team Flare. Then, revisit the Hoenn region with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #301    
Old May 16th, 2013 (4:41 PM).
LycaNinja's Avatar
LycaNinja LycaNinja is offline
Werewolf Assassin
     
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Age: 24
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Docile
    Posts: 232
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dmatt View Post
    GUYS!

    Listen, after reading a bunch of info and stuff, I'm betting the Fairy type is the real deal

    Just see the first trailer from X&Y... when the starters are showcasing their attacks...
    Chespin uses a grass attack on a water pokémon. Super effective.
    Chespin uses a dark attack on a ghost pokémon. Super effective.
    Froakie uses a water attack on a fire pokémon. Super effective.
    Froakie uses a fighting attack on a normal pokémon. Super effective.

    Now, for my "discovery"
    Fennekin uses a *fire* attack on a *fairy*¨pokémon. Super effective! (And yes, this means that I've read that Munchlax and Snorlax get reclassified as Fairy pokémon)
    Fennekin uses a *psychic*¨attack on yet another *fairy* pokémon. Super effective!(Here, I'm also assuming Kirlia will get reclassified as Fairy)

    It all makes sense, and it would be a very clever way of secretly showcasing this new typing, from day one!
    I don't think it showed what was super effective and what wasn't... Do you have a link to that footage because I've never seen any super effective tags or anything...
    __________________


    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #302    
    Old May 16th, 2013 (4:55 PM).
    Dmatt's Avatar
    Dmatt Dmatt is offline
    Medium-Rare Trainer
       
      Join Date: Oct 2008
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Modest
      Posts: 112
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
      I don't think it showed what was super effective and what wasn't... Do you have a link to that footage because I've never seen any super effective tags or anything...
      Common sense.

      I just based on the other two, using commonly known attacks on pokemon we already know (Magikarp, Golruk, the fire monkey and Patrat). It was Fennekin the only one that didn't make sense as to why he would be using those attacks on those seemingly not-very effective pokemon.
      __________________
      Name: Dmatt/Dan
      Pearl : 2538 0185 7851
      SoulSilver : 2495 0636 9069
      White : 0905 9140 0338

      My thread: Trades, EV services, Breeding. Clicky.
      Reply With Quote
        #303    
      Old May 16th, 2013 (5:01 PM).
      LycaNinja's Avatar
      LycaNinja LycaNinja is offline
      Werewolf Assassin
         
        Join Date: Sep 2010
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Docile
        Posts: 232
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Dmatt View Post
        Common sense.

        I just based on the other two, using commonly known attacks on pokemon we already know (Magikarp, Golruk, the fire monkey and Patrat). It was Fennekin the only one that didn't make sense as to why he would be using those attacks on those seemingly not-very effective pokemon.
        I'm saying I haven't seen a video with this on it at all... So I must have missed one everyone else saw...

        They could also just be showing off animations so it doesn't prove anything... Why would Fire and Psychic types be super effective to Fairy? We already know its strong against Ice and weak again Poison... I don't see, logically, why those would be super effective.
        __________________


        Reply With Quote
          #304    
        Old May 16th, 2013 (5:02 PM).
        Bounsweet's Avatar
        Bounsweet Bounsweet is offline
        Fruit Pokémon
           
          Join Date: Oct 2007
          Posts: 2,106
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Dmatt View Post
          Common sense.

          I just based on the other two, using commonly known attacks on pokemon we already know (Magikarp, Golruk, the fire monkey and Patrat). It was Fennekin the only one that didn't make sense as to why he would be using those attacks on those seemingly not-very effective pokemon.
          Fennekin using a Fire-type attack on Munchlax is nothing out of the ordinary. Munchlax doesn't resist it unless it has the Thick Fat ability, which still doesn't technically resist it. Fennekin using a Psychic-type attack on Kirlia is absolutely no basis for you saying that Kirlia will be retyped as a 'Fairy-type'.

          It's just showcasing their moves against different Pokemon, that's literally it. If anything the purpose of that was to hint at their possible future dual-types (I personally believe they'll be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting) and to show us which Pokemon could potentially be found in the game.

          I've seen the trailers and there isn't a single indication of a new type. People are just getting overhyped because of all of the new features that we're finally getting (diagonal movement, customization, outfits) and want even more. There has already been enough proof that Sylveon will probably be Flying or Bug just by its name.
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #305    
          Old May 16th, 2013 (5:21 PM).
          Dmatt's Avatar
          Dmatt Dmatt is offline
          Medium-Rare Trainer
             
            Join Date: Oct 2008
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Modest
            Posts: 112
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
            I'm saying I haven't seen a video with this on it at all... So I must have missed one everyone else saw...

            They could also just be showing off animations so it doesn't prove anything... Why would Fire and Psychic types be super effective to Fairy? We already know its strong against Ice and weak again Poison... I don't see, logically, why those would be super effective.
            It was the very first world wide Pokemon X&Y trailer... It's on Youtube, it starts by Pikachu "talking" and introducing the new generation...


            And yes, I know it's a long shot, but it also kinda fits. I also have found discrepancies between what types are super effective against Fairy, as well as the final typing of the starters, but that's part of the guessing game, until we have actual proof.
            __________________
            Name: Dmatt/Dan
            Pearl : 2538 0185 7851
            SoulSilver : 2495 0636 9069
            White : 0905 9140 0338

            My thread: Trades, EV services, Breeding. Clicky.
            Reply With Quote
              #306    
            Old May 16th, 2013 (5:31 PM).
            LycaNinja's Avatar
            LycaNinja LycaNinja is offline
            Werewolf Assassin
               
              Join Date: Sep 2010
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Docile
              Posts: 232
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by AzaleaLightning View Post
              Fennekin using a Fire-type attack on Munchlax is nothing out of the ordinary. Munchlax doesn't resist it unless it has the Thick Fat ability, which still doesn't technically resist it. Fennekin using a Psychic-type attack on Kirlia is absolutely no basis for you saying that Kirlia will be retyped as a 'Fairy-type'.

              It's just showcasing their moves against different Pokemon, that's literally it. If anything the purpose of that was to hint at their possible future dual-types (I personally believe they'll be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting) and to show us which Pokemon could potentially be found in the game.

              I've seen the trailers and there isn't a single indication of a new type. People are just getting overhyped because of all of the new features that we're finally getting (diagonal movement, customization, outfits) and want even more. There has already been enough proof that Sylveon will probably be Flying or Bug just by its name.
              Sylveon took reduced damage from an Ice attack and took extra damage from a Poison attack... I don't know of a typing that does that... It's a new type...
              __________________


              Reply With Quote
                #307    
              Old May 16th, 2013 (5:31 PM).
              Jake♫'s Avatar
              Jake♫ Jake♫ is offline
              ► My Happy Little Pill 
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: May 2008
              Location: New York
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Lax
              Posts: 2,953
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by AzaleaLightning View Post
              Fennekin using a Fire-type attack on Munchlax is nothing out of the ordinary. Munchlax doesn't resist it unless it has the Thick Fat ability, which still doesn't technically resist it. Fennekin using a Psychic-type attack on Kirlia is absolutely no basis for you saying that Kirlia will be retyped as a 'Fairy-type'.

              It's just showcasing their moves against different Pokemon, that's literally it. If anything the purpose of that was to hint at their possible future dual-types (I personally believe they'll be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting) and to show us which Pokemon could potentially be found in the game.

              I've seen the trailers and there isn't a single indication of a new type. People are just getting overhyped because of all of the new features that we're finally getting (diagonal movement, customization, outfits) and want even more. There has already been enough proof that Sylveon will probably be Flying or Bug just by its name.
              The only real indication people have was the Smash video where they were showcasing Sylveon's potential type with the different strengths and weaknesses, which didn't match up to any current types. I mean, I'm still gunning for there not being a new type, but I guess that's pretty decent evidence for a new type. But seriously, here's hoping there isn't one =x
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #308    
              Old May 18th, 2013 (2:56 PM). Edited May 21st, 2013 by MiloticFan.
              MiloticFan MiloticFan is offline
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2013
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 4
                I would love the fairy type to be introduced, as we have dragon, and it actually makes sense, as a lot of old Pokémon would fit into this typing...

                I thought we could maybe discuss what Pokémon and moves we'd like to see get retyped, rather than speculate how it will fit into the type chart! Here are my thoughts!
                Cleffa: Fairy
                Clefairy: Fairy
                Clefable: Fairy
                Igglybuff: Fairy
                Jigglypuff: Fairy
                Wigglytuff: Fairy
                Happiny: Fairy
                Chansey: Fairy
                Blissey: Fairy
                Togepi: Fairy
                Audino: Fairy
                Lickitung: Fairy/Normal
                Lickilicky: Fairy/Normal
                Snorlax: Fairy/Normal
                Snubbull: Fairy/Normal
                Granbull: Fairy/Normal
                Skitty: Fairy/Normal
                Delcatty: Fairy/Normal
                Togetic: Fairy/Flying
                Togekiss: Fairy/Flying
                Swablu: Fairy/Flying
                Bellossom: Grass/Fairy
                Lilligant: Grass/Fairy
                Shaymin (Land Form): Grass/Fairy
                Celebi: Fairy/Grass
                Misdreavus: Ghost/Fairy
                Mismagius: Ghost/Fairy
                Volbeat: Bug/Fairy
                Illumise: Bug/Fairy
                Milotic: Water/Fairy
                Luvdisc: Water/Fairy
                Phione: Water/Fairy
                Alomomola: Water/Fairy
                Gardevoir: Psychic/Fairy
                Uxie: Psychic/Fairy
                Mesprit: Psychic/Fairy
                Azelf: Psychic/Fairy
                Mienshao: Fighting/Fairy
                Mawile: Steel/Fairy
                Jirachi: Fairy/Steel
                Plusle: Electric/Fairy
                Minun: Electric/Fairy
                And of course Sylveon would be this type, and maybe Xerneas will be fairy/ground with Yveltal being dark/flying? The moves that I think should become fairy moves are After You, Assist, Bestow, Charm, Heal Bell, Healing Wish, Heal Pulse, Lovely Kiss, Lucky Chant, Lunar Dance, Present, Refresh, Relic Song, Simple Beam, Softboiled, Sweet Kiss, Teeter Dance, Tickle and Wish.

                Let me know what you think!
                Reply With Quote
                  #309    
                Old May 18th, 2013 (6:34 PM).
                MarinoKadame's Avatar
                MarinoKadame MarinoKadame is offline
                   
                  Join Date: May 2012
                  Age: 29
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 1,552
                  I begin to think if the rumors are true and the difference between Smash chart and rumor chart it could mean we could have 2 new types. One would be Fairy and the other could be something like Sound.
                  __________________



                  3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
                  XY IGN: Yvonne
                  Reply With Quote
                    #310    
                  Old May 18th, 2013 (6:51 PM).
                  PokéWanderer PokéWanderer is offline
                     
                    Join Date: May 2013
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 5
                    There's always a possibility for a new type wtih each generation. I think one type will be the new eeveelution. I also think there might be a possibility that the new pseudo-legendary will be a new type.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #311    
                    Old May 18th, 2013 (7:29 PM).
                    LycaNinja's Avatar
                    LycaNinja LycaNinja is offline
                    Werewolf Assassin
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2010
                      Age: 24
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Docile
                      Posts: 232
                      They could also be reworking the type chart altogether to stir up meta...
                      __________________


                      Reply With Quote
                        #312    
                      Old May 18th, 2013 (9:30 PM).
                      Kurapika's Avatar
                      Kurapika Kurapika is offline
                      Grudgebearer
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2013
                        Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Naughty
                        Posts: 406
                        @MiloticFan, dude, how could you forget the most Fairiest Pokémon dude, Celebi??!!!
                        Also, Fairy being weak to Poison is kind of making sense, but being resistant or super-effective against Ice...? How? :v
                        Personally, I was against the addition of a new type, but a Fairy type is something I certainly like, especially that it brings more value to one of my favorite types: Poison as well as if the new type comes up to be true we will most likely see many bulky Normal Pokémon get that type and be competitively better. *__* (lol, poor Chansey. :p)
                        __________________
                        Reply With Quote
                          #313    
                        Old May 20th, 2013 (2:50 AM).
                        Blue's Avatar
                        Blue Blue is offline
                        problematic
                        • Moderator
                        • Platinum Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2008
                        Location: United Kingdom
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 20,257
                        Well Evil is the Japanese equivalent of our Dark type, so unless Fairy is the opposite of Evil then I doubt Light will be the international name for this new type.
                        __________________
                        Reply With Quote
                          #314    
                        Old May 20th, 2013 (3:07 AM).
                        LycaNinja's Avatar
                        LycaNinja LycaNinja is offline
                        Werewolf Assassin
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2010
                          Age: 24
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Docile
                          Posts: 232
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Rivvon View Post
                          Why change the name at all for the international release? We already have the Fairy Egg Group. If anything, the Japanese name would be Yousei.


                          Maybe we'll all be surprised when Sylveon turns out to be the first dual-type Eevee evolution lol xD
                          Fairy and Yousei are the same word... Obviously Fairy would be called Yousei, but we'd translate that to English... Which is Fairy... So Fairy type there... Changed to Light here... It makes sense... See below... No dual typing will allow for the same type matchups as Sylveon... Its either a new type or they changed the chart... 0% chance its a dual type...

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
                          Well Evil is the Japanese equivalent of our Dark type, so unless Fairy is the opposite of Evil then I doubt Light will be the international name for this new type.
                          That doesn't matter at all... Japanese have Evil and Hero as mirrored types (although Hero obviously wins...) We need a Dark and Light counter because that makes more sense in our own language... Preferably Dark and Light are both SE to each other... We've been BUGGING the dubbers and GameFreak since Gen II to make a Light type... Changing Fairy to Light will be an easy cop out to get fans off their backs... Plus people will complain about Fairy more than Light in the dubs...
                          __________________


                          Reply With Quote
                            #315    
                          Old May 22nd, 2013 (2:39 AM).
                          Powerserge's Avatar
                          Powerserge Powerserge is offline
                          The Imminent Victor
                             
                            Join Date: May 2013
                            Location: Florida
                            Age: 27
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 402
                            I agree that calling the new type (if there is one) the "Light" type makes more sense, from a localization standpoint. There are already pokemon who have the Fairy species, and there is already a Fairy egg group. I just don't think it would make sense to name a type after already existing precedents like that, even though there are plenty of dragon species pokemon. Plus, the word "fairy" has some negative connotations in our culture, and if it was a type it would get far more use. That might seem silly, but yeah.

                            The only way I would be comfortable with a new type is if it was Light type anyway, haha. If that Sylveon stuff is true, then it would make sense, because physical light can generate heat and therefore be supereffective against Ice, and light as a moral concept would obviously be opposed to negative aspects like Dark and Poison.
                            __________________
                            Reply With Quote
                              #316    
                            Old May 22nd, 2013 (2:44 AM). Edited May 22nd, 2013 by mikhaild.
                            mikhaild's Avatar
                            mikhaild mikhaild is offline
                            Student
                               
                              Join Date: Apr 2011
                              Age: 20
                              Posts: 51
                              I would die for a light type. I mean tho we have that fighting contrasts dark already lalala light is still a good addition, and way more sensical than a fairy type. I like stuff that seem holy n divine and arceus could mascot that concept. It being normal is both sensical and nonsensical in some ways

                              Edit: from what we have tho i think the chances of fairy type making it is higher than light type. Too many pink stuff cutsie cutsies like sylveon happening
                              __________________
                              Mikhail · 18 · Student
                              Philippines · UTC+8
                              Black ID: 54568 · Black FC: 3009 8173 3899
                              Trade Shoppe · On Hiatus
                              Reply With Quote
                                #317    
                              Old May 24th, 2013 (10:58 AM).
                              colours's Avatar
                              colours colours is online now
                              LOSTinmyMIND
                              • Moderator
                              • Platinum Tier
                              • GTGet-Together Event Management
                               
                              Join Date: Apr 2005
                              Gender: Female
                              Nature: Quiet
                              Posts: 30,353
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by mikhaild View Post
                              I would die for a light type. I mean tho we have that fighting contrasts dark already lalala light is still a good addition, and way more sensical than a fairy type. I like stuff that seem holy n divine and arceus could mascot that concept. It being normal is both sensical and nonsensical in some ways

                              Edit: from what we have tho i think the chances of fairy type making it is higher than light type. Too many pink stuff cutsie cutsies like sylveon happening
                              I don't know about you, but isn't Fairy type pretty much Light type?? Assuming that it's proven true, then wouldn't it be the exact same thing you're looking for? If I'm understanding correctly, Fairies are mythical creatures and are usually associated with Light (or at least, that's how I see it, I suppose), so I see them as both one and the same.

                              Though honestly, I just don't understand the whole argument of "There's a Dark-type, why isn't there a Light-type". I think it's already been explained in this thread that Fighting-type is Light-type in a sense, but I can't exactly really find the explanation of it so I guess I'll just leave it at that. I think it has something to do with it's translation being "Hero type" in Japan, and Heros are kind of like warriors of goodness/light, stuff like that, that defeat the forces of evil, things of that nature.

                              ...Yeah that was pretty badly worded. The best I could explain it, anyway.

                              In any case though, I don't want a new type. At the same time I'm pretty much indifferent, but my fears lie within this new type throwing the type chat off balance, which I hope it doesn't do. As long as that doesn't happen, I would be fine with it. xD
                              __________________

                              I know I'm not alone

                              Reply With Quote
                                #318    
                              Old May 24th, 2013 (5:46 PM).
                              tente2's Avatar
                              tente2 tente2 is offline
                              "Outta my way, dammit!"
                                 
                                Join Date: Sep 2009
                                Location: Snowpoint City
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Bashful
                                Posts: 403
                                I want a new type with all my heart. Preferably the rumored Fairy type, but anything not silly will be fine. Pokemon is getting a little stale, always trying the keep the status quo, in my opinion.

                                I don't want a "Light" type, honestly, but I'd just like to point out the Fighting type is nothing like a Light type. What connotation do they even have? Fighting is, well, fighting... and light is... light? They're about as related as the Bug and Water types, I think.

                                Sylveon is the biggest hint to a new type, if there will be one. It's Japanese name was Ninfia, or something, right? From "nymph"? Aren't those supposed to be some sort of fairy or something in folklore? And the "Sylv" bit could have something to do with forests, since fairies are supposed to be all nature-like, right? (Wasn't "silva" Latin for forest...?)

                                Do pardon the messy typing, but those are my thoughts. I just want a new, reasonable type so that it seems like Gamefreak isn't making their Pokemon games from cookie molds anymore.
                                __________________
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #319    
                                Old May 25th, 2013 (1:25 PM).
                                Blue's Avatar
                                Blue Blue is offline
                                problematic
                                • Moderator
                                • Platinum Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2008
                                Location: United Kingdom
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Relaxed
                                Posts: 20,257
                                I wonder if they will reveal this alleged new type tonight? Pokemon Smash is due to air with some news so I'm hoping that could be what they're talking about since it involves Sylveon etc.
                                __________________
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #320    
                                Old May 25th, 2013 (11:06 PM).
                                colours's Avatar
                                colours colours is online now
                                LOSTinmyMIND
                                • Moderator
                                • Platinum Tier
                                • GTGet-Together Event Management
                                 
                                Join Date: Apr 2005
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Quiet
                                Posts: 30,353
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
                                I wonder if they will reveal this alleged new type tonight? Pokemon Smash is due to air with some news so I'm hoping that could be what they're talking about since it involves Sylveon etc.
                                Nope. Just movie trailers, of course, and some stuff that we pretty much already know about, anyway. Though it's interesting how they replayed some old Gen III stuff, it's a step in a positive direction that they might be revisiting the old Hoenn region this generation. n__n; I would like that, personally.

                                Aaanyway...

                                If a new type isn't revealed by the time the next Smash episode comes out, I'm having at least a slight sigh of relief, and that'll probably put those "new type" rumors to rest. >.>
                                __________________

                                I know I'm not alone

                                Reply With Quote
                                  #321    
                                Old May 26th, 2013 (7:11 AM).
                                iTeruri's Avatar
                                iTeruri iTeruri is offline
                                iAm
                                   
                                  Join Date: May 2006
                                  Location: The Nederlands
                                  Nature: Relaxed
                                  Posts: 277
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by tente2 View Post
                                  I don't want a "Light" type, honestly, but I'd just like to point out the Fighting type is nothing like a Light type. What connotation do they even have? Fighting is, well, fighting... and light is... light? They're about as related as the Bug and Water types, I think.
                                  Light is about being pure at heart and doing good, the fighting type is about honorable fighting. Not exactly the same, but when considering that dirty fighting is evil/dark in Pokémon, yeah, fighting is the closest thing we have to a light type.

                                  Light, of course, also has the literal meaning of light (as in photons 'n stuff). That's covered by other types; electric, fire and grass all have light-based attacks.

                                  Fairy type could mix honorable fighting, general friendliness and having magical powers. I mean we already have magic (pretty much any type, but mostly psychic) and honorable fighting, but the combination is new, I think. It's not a literal element, so it's hard to predict what it'll be like.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #322    
                                  Old May 26th, 2013 (7:44 AM).
                                  Xander Olivieri's Avatar
                                  Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jun 2010
                                    Gender: Other
                                    Nature: Hasty
                                    Posts: 5,601
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Dmatt View Post
                                    GUYS!

                                    Listen, after reading a bunch of info and stuff, I'm betting the Fairy type is the real deal

                                    Just see the first trailer from X&Y... when the starters are showcasing their attacks...
                                    Chespin uses a grass attack on a water pokémon. Super effective.
                                    Chespin uses a dark attack on a ghost pokémon. Super effective.
                                    Froakie uses a water attack on a fire pokémon. Super effective.
                                    Froakie uses a fighting attack on a normal pokémon. Super effective.

                                    Now, for my "discovery"
                                    Fennekin uses a *fire* attack on a *fairy*¨pokémon. Super effective! (And yes, this means that I've read that Munchlax and Snorlax get reclassified as Fairy pokémon)
                                    Fennekin uses a *psychic*¨attack on yet another *fairy* pokémon. Super effective!(Here, I'm also assuming Kirlia will get reclassified as Fairy)

                                    It all makes sense, and it would be a very clever way of secretly showcasing this new typing, from day one!


                                    I know I'm way late. Frokie used a Normal Type attack, not a fighting typed one. It was shown in the last issue of CoroCoro that Froakie learns Quick Attack and the way the move was used resembled Quick Attack the most so Froakie being Fighting type isn't really in the question as his attack was Normal typed.

                                    Chespin has also been shown to learn Roll Out So it could become a Grass/Rock type. We still don't know if Fennekin even used a Psychic attack. She may not learn any Psychic attacks at all. Nothing from the original video shows any kinda of match up for a new type. Only info we have for the new type is the Sylveon Skit that showed she was strong against Ice and Weak against Poison.
                                    __________________
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #323    
                                    Old May 26th, 2013 (10:34 AM).
                                    Zorogami's Avatar
                                    Zorogami Zorogami is offline
                                    WUB WUB
                                    • Gold Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Mar 2013
                                    Location: Madrid/Spain
                                    Age: 25
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Relaxed
                                    Posts: 2,169
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by iTeruri View Post
                                    Light is about being pure at heart and doing good, the fighting type is about honorable fighting. Not exactly the same, but when considering that dirty fighting is evil/dark in Pokémon, yeah, fighting is the closest thing we have to a light type.
                                    This does make sense in a way, but Fighting is definitely a Physical type, and Light on the other hand sounds a lot like a special-based type to me. Especially if you think of Fairies and magic creatures, they rely more on spells than on physical strength.
                                    __________________

                                    ~ Anything for my Nakama ~
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #324    
                                    Old May 26th, 2013 (4:34 PM).
                                    colours's Avatar
                                    colours colours is online now
                                    LOSTinmyMIND
                                    • Moderator
                                    • Platinum Tier
                                    • GTGet-Together Event Management
                                     
                                    Join Date: Apr 2005
                                    Gender: Female
                                    Nature: Quiet
                                    Posts: 30,353
                                    Quote:
                                    Only info we have for the new type is the Sylveon Skit that showed she was strong against Ice and Weak against Poison.
                                    Though it's debatable about whether or not the skit itself should be taken seriously. If anything, it's actually possible that it could be the first eeveelution dual-type, but I digress. I still don't think it's solid evidence of a new type, in any way.
                                    __________________

                                    I know I'm not alone

                                    Reply With Quote
                                    Reply

                                    Quick Reply

                                    Join the conversation!

                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                    Sponsored Links
                                    Thread Tools

                                    Posting Rules
                                    You may not post new threads
                                    You may not post replies
                                    You may not post attachments
                                    You may not edit your posts

                                    BB code is On
                                    Smilies are On
                                    [IMG] code is On
                                    HTML code is Off

                                    Forum Jump


                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:34 PM.